Forum Settings
Forums

Does this sound like too much of a rip off of Fate/Zero?

New
May 23, 2016 4:29 PM

Jun 2008
I was thinking about writing an anime and the premise was 6 Warriors from different times have been sent to present time. There's a higher power that has sent them there, all 7 have been chosen because they came into contact with this higher power at one important part in their life. They want to get back to their time, except a two that learn to enjoy the present time and they were made to believe that they are were sent to the present to fight each other and kill each other off in order to be sent home by a mysterious man from the present that seems to have knowledge of the higher power , though they later find out that the higher power has something else in store for them. A samurai, a shoulin monk, a knight, a spartan, a cyber enhanced warrior from the future, a mysterious Sorcerer from an unknown time and they all contain some form of power inspired by folk tales from their time.

I thought of those idea and I recently started watching Fate/zero and realized how similar they were
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2016 4:34 PM

Jan 2008
21 said:
I was thinking about writing an anime

And stopped reading right there....
May 23, 2016 4:44 PM

Jun 2015
DmonHiro said:
21 said:
I was thinking about writing an anime

And stopped reading right there....

Oh come on. What's the harm in being creative?
May 23, 2016 4:46 PM

Mar 2015
TBH, i am more feelings to a certain arc on saint seiya... foirgot which exactly one..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 23, 2016 4:48 PM

Jan 2014
Request @Tyrel or other forum moderator to move this on creative corner
May 23, 2016 4:49 PM

Jul 2011
Kuma said:
TBH, i am more feelings to a certain arc on saint seiya... foirgot which exactly one..

You mean Soul of Gold or it's something else?
May 23, 2016 4:50 PM

Jan 2008
AltoRoark said:
Oh come on. What's the harm in being creative?

I'm old (30's). Whenever I see someone say "I'm going to write an anime" I have horrible flashbacks to the fanfic writers of the 90's. Those were bad times, man...bad times...
May 23, 2016 4:50 PM

Apr 2014
Fate/Zero is just an overly glorified battle harem that ripped off many other stories of its genre.
May 23, 2016 4:52 PM

Mar 2015
Praland said:
Kuma said:

You mean Soul of Gold or it's something else?
don't remember exactly one thou... the one that green vs yellow battle in it and got seeing by girl.. the plot is like that...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 23, 2016 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
quirow said:
So many people writing their own "anime" and sharing it on MAL. I want to write one too. Once upon a time there lived a 17 year old high schooler named A. A was so popular that everyone in his school wanted to get with him, but from there the ones who stood out most were B - childhood friend, C - random girl who likes A, D - little sister, and E - popular girl who likes A. In the end A got with F - his 22 year old science teacher and received an A+ in the class; F was arrested the next day for pedophilia.
i could see that being a comedy he tai-parody anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2016 5:15 PM

May 2015
quirow said:
So many people writing their own "anime" and sharing it on MAL. I want to write one too. Once upon a time there lived a 17 year old high schooler named A. A was so popular that everyone in his school wanted to get with him, but from there the ones who stood out most were B - childhood friend, C - random girl who likes A, D - little sister, and E - popular girl who likes A. In the end A got with F - his 22 year old science teacher and received an A+ in the class; F was arrested the next day for pedophilia.
Unless A gets with D forget about this anime getting popular.
May 23, 2016 6:16 PM

Feb 2013
the fate series itself is a rip off clamp's X
May 23, 2016 6:21 PM

Jan 2008
Does a loli get raepd by bugs in your story too?
May 23, 2016 6:21 PM

May 2016
Lol, very few anime are written from scratch. They're usually based off of light novels or mangas. So unless you intend on becoming a full fledged mangaka or light novel author (who btw, has to be able to publish their work in japan) it's not likely to just get an anime in production...
May 23, 2016 6:23 PM

Mar 2015
Writing an anime is a bit hard unless you got the money to produce it... or you could just publish your idea as a webtoon or webcomic or manga. If you could draw, that is. I'd like to make my own anime/manga one day but unfortunately I can't draw. Btw, you're supposed to post this on the "Creative corner" forum but no one goes there :/

Yeah it sounds remarkably similar to Fate Zero. But hey, doesn't Kanaberi of the Iron Fortress sound like Attack on Titan and it looks like it's doing well.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 23, 2016 6:29 PM

Jun 2008
GaryMuffuginOak said:
Writing an anime is a bit hard unless you got the money to produce it... or you could just publish your idea as a webtoon or webcomic or manga. If you could draw, that is. I'd like to make my own anime/manga one day but unfortunately I can't draw. Btw, you're supposed to post this on the "Creative corner" forum but no one goes there :/

Yeah it sounds remarkably similar to Fate Zero. But hey, doesn't Kanaberi of the Iron Fortress sound like Attack on Titan and it looks like it's doing well.
you could always hire an artist? And then maybe a translator and see if you can some how get some exposure in Japan
May 23, 2016 6:37 PM

Mar 2015
21 said:

you could always hire an artist? And then maybe a translator and see if you can some how get some exposure in Japan

Yeah I was considering that but that requires having money and stuff. Perhaps when I have a stable job in the future.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

May 24, 2016 2:50 AM

Jul 2007
No. That sounds more like Drifters.

Fate has never been about the servants themselves, but more about the magus world overall.
May 24, 2016 8:11 AM

Nov 2015
Everybody wants to make their own anime but guess what... not going to happen lol. You're better off writing a book or making a manga and hoping it becomes super popular. Then maybe.. MAYBE it gets picked up. My advice to you is to write an interesting novel or manga
May 24, 2016 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
Gabagool said:
Everybody wants to make their own anime but guess what... not going to happen lol. You're better off writing a book or making a manga and hoping it becomes super popular. Then maybe.. MAYBE it gets picked up. My advice to you is to write an interesting novel or manga
i know a person in the animation industry. I got connects
May 24, 2016 2:32 PM

Nov 2015
21 said:
Gabagool said:

Do it up than my brrrrrrother
May 24, 2016 11:03 PM

Mar 2015
21 said:
Gabagool said:

You must be lucky to have connections in the animation industry. Now if only I did...

May 25, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
We've reached an era in which no fully original story can be written even if you try you'll discover there's a similarity between it and another story.
Curious is the case of man.
He runs towards the world he can never catch, and runs away from death he can never escape.

More topics from this board

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

10 by JKKH »»
8 minutes ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

357 by nin-tendo »»
4 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Today

2 by Cammell »»
10 hours ago

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1628 by JKKH »»
Yesterday, 9:47 PM

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Yesterday

0 by abambata »»
Yesterday, 12:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.