Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 22, 2016 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode starts with Subaru in bed and wonders about recent events but gets more emotional especially the insert song played when he is in Emilia's lap during the second half. I also really like the connection that he built with Emilia this episode. A lot of humorous moments and I find this rather funny:

Puck is just so awesome!
No cliffhanger (finally), thank goodness.
Stark700May 22, 2016 11:10 AM
May 22, 2016 11:02 AM
May 2015
Great episode for showing Subaru's pressure and emotion for dying so many times and betray by his loving.
i hope next episode won't be delayed.
May 22, 2016 11:03 AM

Jan 2013
cant wait for the next ep,its gonna be fierce
May 22, 2016 11:08 AM

Apr 2014
So you watched Chinese raw eh?
May 22, 2016 11:34 AM

Dec 2014
Even if I am a fan of Rem, I have to admit this episode was a pure E.M.T. episode.

That emotional scene was superbly done.

Feelsbadman that I have to wait for another week T.T
May 22, 2016 11:34 AM

Apr 2015
Watched it now too.

If I recall correctly they changed the order of the events a little bit but that's absolutely fine, actually that worked better this way in anime form.

The crying scene was done beautifully, really absolutely no complaints there. I love the details they put into this which emphasize on Subaru's miserably state.

Also really nice to hear a longer version of the ED.

From next episode onward manga reader will now watch it blindly too. Can't wait for to see the reactions for upcoming episodes and arc 3 :)
May 22, 2016 11:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is probably the first time that I'm angry with Tennis lol....Subs should be out soon though for those that are asking

EDIT: I really hope that Subaru succeeds this time because the events in this episode were too beautiful to be forgotten

Seeing him let it all out and cry on Emilia's lap really brought out the feels and that ending was very nice too

Other than that, I loved how we got more exposition related to the fantasy aspects of the world and learned about Subaru being a Shadow magic user

All in all it was a great episode and I can't wait to see if the fantasy aspects of this series particularly in regards to Subaru's ability, gets expanded on later
TokoyaMay 22, 2016 1:21 PM
May 22, 2016 11:36 AM

May 2016
Good episode overall. The music choice for the lap scene bothers me a little bit. Like it doesn't really fit or something.

The next two episodes will close this arc. That will be epic. Can't wait.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
May 22, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
Never really cared who the best girl was up until this moment, Emilia caught my interest, the woman and Subaru has chemistry.

The moment he kept thinking that what he was doing was disgusting forcing himself too much I already felt sad for the fella but then when Emilia gave him a leg pillow or whatever you call that and Emila whispered to him.... that was the breaking point, anyways amazing episode and yay Subaru didnt die again, hopefully he discovers something at the village, I dont want a redo of this life he had where him and Emilia shared that moment, then again they had a lot of moments in the past that never happened in her memories.
One can literally call her E.M.T! cause she really was an angel this episode.

Please no delay next episode, I wouldnt mind a time delay.
May 22, 2016 11:45 AM

Mar 2015
I totally love how Ram and Rem said Subaru had it mistaken lol. Their comments are totally hilarious.

Puck explaining about the mana gate. Then Subaru fantasizing about the 4 elements (you're not the avatar, Subaru!), but he only have the Yin element lol (oh wait, you're the fucking Naruto!)

I also like how Rem's being suspicious over Subaru is very explicit this time.

気持ち悪い!that despair monologue though...

Emilia giving him hizamakura... I'm still waiting my arc 3 moment scenes with a certain someone.

I really love how Ram and Rem keeps on teasing him about the lap pillow lol.

Next episode, going to the village! Yay, give Rem some more screen time.

May 22, 2016 11:52 AM
Dec 2015
Ahh the over zealous Subaru, trying to compensate for every little thing, always feeling that he hasn't done enough to resolve the matter finally understood the truth, that the curse lies at the village. His lucky that his overzealousness didn't spill over and result in him being killed on the first day as Rem was clearly very suspicious about him knowing so much and acting so strangely.

That outburst of emotion by him was such a relief as us viewers as well felt stuffed by his overzealousness. Turns out, it was just as pressurising and emotionally tiring for him. And for that, Emilia really is the best girl for him who really understands him and cares for him. Oh god that angel like lap pillow.

Hopefully he'll live out this life and not let that precious moment with Emilia die off. I am sure he would too. Turns out this time around, both Rem and Ram is going with him to the village. Hopefully they do know how to negate the curse.
May 22, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2015
Fappa said:
Watched it now too.

If I recall correctly they changed the order of the events a little bit but that's absolutely fine, actually that worked better this way in anime form.

The crying scene was done beautifully, really absolutely no complaints there. I love the details they put into this which emphasize on Subaru's miserably state.

Also really nice to hear a longer version of the ED.

From next episode onward manga reader will now watch it blindly too. Can't wait for to see the reactions for upcoming episodes and arc 3 :)

So the anime caught up with the manga with this episode? Or is it one chapter behind?
(I have to wait for the English subs unfortunately. :( )
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 22, 2016 11:55 AM

Apr 2015
Sometimes791 said:

So the anime caught up with the manga with this episode? Or is it one chapter behind?

The manga is one small chapter ahead. The anime should catch up to that with ~ 3-4 minutes of the next episode.
May 22, 2016 11:57 AM

Jul 2015
Fappa said:
Sometimes791 said:

The manga is one small chapter ahead. The anime should catch up to that with ~ 3-4 minutes of the next episode.

Is the second arc concluded within two episodes then? (if it continues at this pace)
May 22, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Sometimes791 said:
Fappa said:

Is the second arc concluded within two episodes then? (if it continues at this pace)

I believe someone said that this arc will end at ep 10..... dont remember the source tho.
May 22, 2016 12:01 PM

Apr 2015
Sometimes791 said:

With the current pacing arc 2 should be done with episode 10 yeah. This would also match with the schedule of the next season. They would be able to air an extremely powerful episode as the "pilot" episode of the summer season.
May 22, 2016 12:02 PM

Mar 2015
Sometimes791 said:
Fappa said:

Since the pacing is somewhat the same with episode 4 (adapting 2 LN chapters), they could slow down episode 9 with less than 1 chapter of LN like episode 5 did. But nobody really knows

May 22, 2016 12:39 PM

Feb 2008
where do you guys watch it?
May 22, 2016 12:44 PM
Jul 2015
sMug said:

TV Tokyo livestream
And horriblesubs is coming soon

May 22, 2016 12:45 PM

Mar 2015
sMug said:

A random chinese streaming website? It was delayed on Crunchyroll for two hours if you are wondering. Meaning that english sub will come out around now-ish.

May 22, 2016 1:01 PM

Jan 2015
That was such a beautiful episode, Subaru's breakdown scene was really well done. And I touching moments/comedy wise between the two sisters and beatrice it may have been at its best so far.

White Fox delivers again.

Also if Subaru dies this time and loses all these bonding moments I may have a breakdown.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 22, 2016 1:02 PM

Dec 2014
That went by so quickly. Loved the intensity of the soundtrack that makes it all the more apparent how Subaru was trying too hard.
I need sleep.
May 22, 2016 1:06 PM
Jan 2011
It's nice how Subaru thinks Emilia said her name was Satella because she wanted to keep him away from herself so that she wouldn't cause trouble for him by involving him in the game of thrones.

There is though also a possible different reason. These of course are not mutually exclusive so I won't say that she wasn't keeping his safety in mind.

Half-elf's are treated pretty badly because of the witch of envy. Emilia made her own bad experiences which makes afraid from forming bonds.

So it might have simply been that she didn't want to get too close to Subaru only to get her hopes high which he then might betray. Thus deciding to cut their ties early on as to not get hurt later.
May 22, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
bobzanny said:

Also if Subaru dies this time and loses all these bonding moments I may have a breakdown.

You and me both, hopefully that doesnt happen this time around, that lap pillow was too beautiful to just get thrown out the window like that.

Aug 2010
Beautiful episode. I'm so jelly of Subaru for that Lap pillow scene. Damn that seemed comfy.
Lia-tan was such an EMT this ep. The way she saw how stressed he is and gave him a lap pillow and that whisper to the ear. Too much for a man's kokoro <3 AND DAT Underneath view :L

Betty was so adorable when Subaru was carrying her round and round. Love her so much. And damn, the answer was obvious. I don't know why I didn't think about this last week. The curse is in the village and that's why Rem died the time Subaru didn't go. Is it really the dog tho?

The scene with Subaru's cheerful acting was getting on my nerve. He was suffering so much but kept the fake smile and kept blabbering non stop. He must have felt like shit there.

Rem would be absolutely merciless if she just goes for the kill like usual, after Lia told her he's a good boy. Is it really all because the smell of the witch? And the fact she's also a silver hair half elf is really interesting.

It's pretty cool to see the types of magic and that Subaru is a Debuff type. Should be interesting in the future.

If I were Subaru I'd still try to form a contract with Betty if I can.

Jul 2014
Amazing episode!
And that lap pillow scene, brilliant!

It was more obvious this time, that Rem is closely observing Subaru.

And finally we learned a lot about the Witch (@Fappa - now I understand what you meant by a whole new level of depth :-))
mozgowMay 22, 2016 1:18 PM

Apr 2014
A nice calming episode after such a painful episode for the last couple weeks
May 22, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2015
Very nice episode and wow...
May 22, 2016 1:19 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Definitely a much more relaxing episode, especially when you compare it to last week's episode. The lap pillow moment was great (and hopefully that moment doesn't go away and Subaru doesn't die anymore).

5/5
May 22, 2016 1:19 PM

Aug 2015
That was a great episode. His relationship with everyone seems to be better specially with the maids. Hopefully he doesnt die again in this arc.
May 22, 2016 1:22 PM

Sep 2015
Aaaah good episode again
The insert song is just perfect
Ram's smile at the end *o*
May 22, 2016 1:23 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The beautiful breather episode after Subaru's breakdown. I'm glad that he calmed down thanks to Emillia. What an amazing scene, Subaru let all his feelings out on Emillia's lap. :)

I think, we all know what caused the curse to be activated now. So they shouldn't make physical contact to the villagers and Subaru will try to prevent that. Ram is going with them though so he has two to watch :O
May 22, 2016 1:23 PM
May 2016
Wow. It's pretty clear that best car Subaru is pretty much always putting up a facade. He's being eaten alive by his situation.
May 22, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2014
Strange how I really like the OP song for this series yet am now at the point where I actually get frustrated when they use it knowing that we could have got some extra stuff in the episode instead. That being said, even without the extra couple of minutes or so, this was still a great episode. Thankfully it was a lot more relaxing than last week's episode, as I'm honestly not sure if I could have taken another episode like that. As for this episode, seeing Subaru properly break down and just let his feelings show for once, rather than constantly doing his best to hide them from everyone, was definitely the best moment of the episode. I seriously hope he doesn't die and lose that; even for this series, that would be a new level of cruelty.

Minor nitpick though: Beatrice didn't react at all to Subaru talking about his own death and the shaman whatsoever. I guess she might have just dismissed it as one of his random ramblings, but it still felt quite bizarre. Oh well, I don't really mind it that much, just thought it was interesting to point out.
May 22, 2016 1:25 PM

Jan 2008
Decided to read the manga the other day for this episode and man compared to this version, it's so inferior. The music and voice acting amplifies the lap pillow scene feels so much. Read through the manga feeling nothing but the anime version just hit the feels I started getting watery eyes.
PaulMay 22, 2016 1:31 PM
May 22, 2016 1:27 PM

Nov 2014
Sabaru was so damn annoying in the first half. For a moment I was hoping that Ram would kill him while he was acting like a lunatic. Thank god Emilia calmed him down. The second half was nice.

First half 4/5
Second half 5/5
May 22, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2014
Subaru x Emilia moments :3

Lap pillow = Best pillow

May 22, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
Calm before the storm episode?
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 22, 2016 1:29 PM

Jun 2014
That lap pillow scene was really nice to watch, it really gives more insight into just how much trauma Subaru was dealing with because of his constant deaths. I'm glad he got to let out the painful emotions he was bottling up, as I felt bad that he was forcing himself to hold it all in to the point of throwing up. Now he just has to make sure that he, Ram, and Rem don't make contact with the villagers.....easier said than done. Finally, an episode where I'm not flipping my shit at the end.
thebrentinator24May 22, 2016 1:32 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 22, 2016 1:29 PM

May 2016
aikaflip said:
Sabaru was so damn annoying in the first half. For a moment I was hoping that Ram would kill him while he was acting like a lunatic. Thank god Emilia calmed him down. The second half was nice.

5/5

That part did it's job then. After all, he was forcing himself to the point of cringe.
May 22, 2016 1:32 PM

Sep 2014
It's fine they are rebuilding their relationship, never mind she fucking crashed his head 3 times in a row. So full of love, isn't he just amazing? I except him to befriend that Elsa girl that was killing him in the first 4 episodes in the future so we can have a full generic experience.
May 22, 2016 1:33 PM

May 2012
Finally things are looking up for my boy Subaru.

Damn another wonderful episode. first things first my GAWD that character development of Subaru. Usually his personality is fun and enjoyable, but he was just to much with the shit. I love how they reflected that on the other characters as well. Thank goodness Emilia helped him out. He just need someone to talk to.

So now we found out (or at least I think) that someone in the village is putting a curse on him. Also it seems like Rem got carry away the first time she killed him, giving what Roswaal said. Seems like trusting people isn't her strong suit. I think now she does trust him thanks to Emilia.

Ram with the smooth talk at the end. "You have a pretty flower on each arm." A1! Seems like this are way different now. Wonder how things will play out now that Ram is going. Man I can't wait till next week.
AntearionMay 22, 2016 1:41 PM
May 22, 2016 1:34 PM

Jul 2015
Even though I knew the lap pillow scene from the manga beforehand, it was still a really touching scene. Great episode as always. And I hope that those complaining about Rem's behavior in loop 3 understand now, why it's such a big deal with the witch's scent.
May 22, 2016 1:35 PM
May 2016
The_Deceiver said:
It's fine they are rebuilding their relationship, never mind she fucking crashed his head 3 times in a row. So full of love, isn't he just amazing? I except him to befriend that Elsa girl that was killing him in the first 4 episodes in the future so we can have a full generic experience.

What are you talking about? You're rambling there mate.
May 22, 2016 1:37 PM
Jan 2015
FFS...Too soon to be back to waiting for the next episode
May 22, 2016 1:38 PM
Jan 2015
Koyomo said:
The_Deceiver said:

Some people are just too stubborn to realize...
May 22, 2016 1:39 PM
Jan 2011
From what Emilia/Puck (and Roswaal) said about the shadow attribute it sounded lame. Except that the shadow attribute magic that Beaty uses is pretty cool. Not to mention that the highest form
. Oh well Subaru's future as a magician seems grim none the less.

Thought the transition from his normal self during the first day and his overly friendly/gross behavior during the second day was a bit sudden. I guess the logic behind it is that during the first day he was energized from starting a new loop and everyone not wanting to kill him. During the second day his high spirits were pushed out by a feeling of impending doom caused by someone constantly staring at him (I mean you blue hair) which in return made him overly try to not be suspicious obviously resulting in the opposite. The transition could have been done more smoothly though (or not considering the amount of time they had for the episode).
Dante323May 22, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2014
Koyomo said:
The_Deceiver said:

I thought that obvious troll is obvious :-)
Please, do not feed them.

Jan 2015
Why is this anime so good?
May 22, 2016 1:41 PM
Jan 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Why is this anime so good?

Definitely going to watch all episodes again when they're out. The wait is horrible
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.