Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 22, 2016 8:41 AM

May 2016
What even happens there?! (yes, this may be me just being really stupid.)

Does he cry? Does he vomit again? I don't get that page.
May 22, 2016 9:32 AM

Jul 2009
Um, it look like he tries to withstand his hunger i suppose, as he is quite startled by the fact he unconsciously (by reflex) gulp just from the scent of the girl...if this is the same page 66.
May 22, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2016
yurkin said:
Um, it look like he tries to withstand his hunger i suppose, as he is quite startled by the fact he unconsciously (by reflex) gulp just from the scent of the girl...if this is the same page 66.

Oh, I see. Thank you very much.
May 22, 2016 10:22 AM

Jul 2009
Ah now i see my comment is not exactly accurate. More that 'withstand it's hunger', is 'perplexet by his own reflex/instinct'.
Edit: and honestly now i'm totaly lost - if there were some other mal user, kind enough to explain it to me too, that would be the best option; coz the more i look into that page the more i'm unable to understand it. T.T
yurkinMay 22, 2016 10:51 AM
May 22, 2016 3:44 PM

Feb 2016
I would explain it, but what page and what chapter are you even talking about? "Page 66, Vol 1" doesn't make sense. Do you mean chapter 66, page 1?
?___?

If you could clear that out, it'd be great. ;p
May 23, 2016 6:23 AM

May 2016
Exhalant said:
I would explain it, but what page and what chapter are you even talking about? "Page 66, Vol 1" doesn't make sense. Do you mean chapter 66, page 1?
?___?

I'm not very "familiar" with manga, so that may be why I'm getting you confused.

I mean the first volume, page 66. The page number is sometimes visible, sometimes not.

I also took a picture with my phone so you would understand:

http://i.imgur.com/gs29vAJ.jpg
May 23, 2016 1:49 PM

Feb 2016
AANickFan said:
Exhalant said:
?___?

I'm not very "familiar" with manga, so that may be why I'm getting you confused.

I mean the first volume, page 66. The page number is sometimes visible, sometimes not.

Well, that's where you got mixed up. A volume is divided into CHAPTERS, and those chapters have pages. Usually, a volume consists of 5-10 chapters depending on the mangaka. TG Vol 1 consists of 9 chapters. But yeah... it kinda makes sense now, but that's not how you should address it next time. :P

By the looks of that chapter, a girl threw a ball towards the place that Kaneki was sitting. Kaneki asked the girl if the ball was hers. She approached him and thanked him gratefully. Kaneki was about to say something along the lines of "You're Welcome" but he picked up her scent, he was hungry. He sniffed the air (around the girl) and since it made him seem like a maniac, the little girl was afraid. He tried to control his hunger and it seems like his stomach starting hurting too. So, basically, he's tryna to restrict his urge to eat the little girl and it's killing him inside since he can barely handle it.

Hope that helps <:
May 24, 2016 3:17 AM

May 2016
Exhalant said:
AANickFan said:

Well, that's where you got mixed up. A volume is divided into CHAPTERS, and those chapters have pages. Usually, a volume consists of 5-10 chapters depending on the mangaka. TG Vol 1 consists of 9 chapters. But yeah... it kinda makes sense now, but that's not how you should address it next time. :P

By the looks of that chapter, a girl threw a ball towards the place that Kaneki was sitting. Kaneki asked the girl if the ball was hers. She approached him and thanked him gratefully. Kaneki was about to say something along the lines of "You're Welcome" but he picked up her scent, he was hungry. He sniffed the air (around the girl) and since it made him seem like a maniac, the little girl was afraid. He tried to control his hunger and it seems like his stomach starting hurting too. So, basically, he's tryna to restrict his urge to eat the little girl and it's killing him inside since he can barely handle it.

Hope that helps <:

Thanks!

However, if I wanted to reference a page, how would I properly do that?

So, I should include the chapter, but not the page number?
May 24, 2016 4:11 AM

Feb 2016
AANickFan said:
Exhalant said:

Hope that helps <:

Thanks!

You don't need to include the volume 1. You should reference a page like this: Chapter X, page XX. By knowing the chapter, you can determine the volume number, so stating the volume number is unnecessary and confusing in cases like this.
May 24, 2016 5:23 AM

May 2016
Exhalant said:
AANickFan said:

Thanks!

You don't need to include the volume 1. You should reference a page like this: Chapter X, page XX. By knowing the chapter, you can determine the volume number, so stating the volume number is unnecessary and confusing in cases like this.

Oh, wait, so Tokyo Ghoul Volume 2's starting chapter is chapter 10? Thanks!
May 24, 2016 2:19 PM

Feb 2016
Yup. Not all volumes have the same number of chapters though, take note >,<

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite girl?

zero00guard - Apr 3

18 by DylP1ckl3n »»
Apr 6, 8:26 PM

» Is there any pedophilia/sexual assault in the books?

Saiunknown - Mar 25

19 by Sturdies »»
Mar 28, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2012

39 by hakuxweeb »»
Mar 26, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 58 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2014

19 by angelqie »»
Mar 21, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2013

20 by SirFries »»
Mar 5, 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.