Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2010 2:07 AM

Aug 2008
Heh... I still don't see the logic in using something that was already good/great. And no, I have not read the manga.

But the whole crap episode 1, Amnesia/instant werewolf in episode 2...well...
Jan 15, 2010 4:48 AM

Jan 2008
It's almost like they HAVE to fuck with shit nowadays.

It's not enough to just have a story be good.
Jan 15, 2010 11:54 AM

Jul 2009
Apparently, Shitbo is too awesome for this poor manga to handle...<_<

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 15, 2010 12:07 PM

Aug 2007
that was a great reason, NOT!!
Jan 16, 2010 9:49 PM

Dec 2009
WTF.

Thanks for the info, now it got me even more pissed and i'm thinking of dropping the anime even more.
Jan 18, 2010 4:09 AM
Sep 2008
Not cool....what's up with that? The guy i guy manga,or me,i one o the best i've ever read....that just ruins it for me. and i was really eager to watch it....this blows...
Jan 18, 2010 4:11 AM

Apr 2009
...dropped.
Jan 18, 2010 2:10 PM

May 2008
What is your guys problem? "Oh no! I can't see the SAME STORY ALL OVER AGAIN!"
Sure the whole monster thing so far has been drop dead retarded, how it pops up at the end and finished off in a minute or two. But it's the two damn first episodes.

I'm just going to copy paste a forum reply I've made on this subject because I'm lazy like that.

In my opinion that is the best thing that can happen, it can of course turn into a disaster, but really. I wouldn't ever dream about KNOWING WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN all the time. "Oh gee! I wonder how they will animate the scene were Turpa bitch slaps Gukne so hard that he dies and everyone gets pissed off at him, I hope the voice actor really pulls that off".

And since I don't read manga anyways it's even better. I like it more when a company actually does use their own brain cells to make what they present, rather than just finding ways to cut down a manuscript on and how to bind the cuts together.
I mean, you know exactly what's going to happen, and then if it doesn't happen you get pissed off, and if it happens you already knew it was going to happen.
New content owns same old shit bigtime.

This also allows the mango nerds to go all "The manga is way better than the show" OR MAYBE THIS WHICH IS JUST AWESOME FOR THEM: "The manga is WORSE than the show". This way those that watch and read both things can have a blast knowing that they didn't like the anime but liked the concept, character design or whatever but disliked the story for it and can see it been done in a better way. Or they find a manga to not watch because they heard the manga was even worse than the crappy show. Or read the manga for an alternate and good story.

Same shit for anything being adapted of course. Just replace anime with movie and manga with book and you have it (just remove the design part).
Jan 18, 2010 2:15 PM

Apr 2008
Except the director's last vampire project was Moon Phase. That makes any chance of success be a matter of a miracle

Also the whole "it's the first two damn episodes" excuse does NOT work so well when you have ONLY 12 episodes to go. Also the trailer showed scenes from the manga which turns out was a shameless freaking lie to the loyal fans

I can live with a show that deviates from the manga a bit. BUT at least keep the damn character behavior loyal to the original material. NOT ONCE has Mina been a damsel in distress. NOT ONCE
Darklight0303Jan 19, 2010 7:52 AM
Jan 19, 2010 1:05 PM

Jan 2009
dgg said:
What is your guys problem? "Oh no! I can't see the SAME STORY ALL OVER AGAIN!"

Since this is the basis of your statement I'm just gonna go ahead and quote this one part. Now, if you're not a manga reader perhaps you don't understand the whole Manga to Anime transformation. I've read a few manga mostly because the anime was taking too long or the anime turned to shit. Take FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood or Naruto for example.

Good titles, good manga and oh whats this? The anime follows THE SAME STORYLINE. If they want an anime to be successful they can't just go off and make random shit happen (refer to Shugo Chara Party). Making a show not follow a manga is like making an OVA. It's just a side story that you don't give a shit about until it follows the actual storyline (Unless it's actually interesting like the Bleach Zanpakutou arc).

I'm just gonna stop there before my post turns into one as long as yours but feel free to soak the fact in that people WANT it to be the same with good quality animated fight scenes and voices that fit the character and the tones that should be used in a particular scene.
Jan 19, 2010 9:44 PM

Aug 2008
Personally... I like to know what's going to happen, and I like to watch it played out and acted out. When I read books, I like to watch the movie, see it actually happen and compare it to how it played out in my head. With manga, it's close to the same except I have a fixed perception of what the characters and settings look like.

If you want to go off on your own and do a story not like the manga... wtf is the point of giving it the same title and characters of the manga. That's just to have a way to market it.

If they wanted to make an original story, start from scratch and stop pissing off loyal manga fans who want to see the characters they grew attached to be sent down the shit hole because someone wanted to use the same name just to try to sell it.

Jan 20, 2010 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
My opinions are mixed. If they want to try something a little different fine. All the more to them. It doesn't change the fact that the first two episodes of the anime adaptation, while not terrible (the second episode actually was an improvement) and the animation in episode 2 being top notch and even beautiful at times does not excuse the fact that this feels like a lazy adaptation/rethink of the original plot material.

Akira didn't transform into a werewolf right away in the manga. Hell, I didn't even know he was one until he finally transformed. When it happened in the manga, it was a huge surprise to me, even though I caught the hints.

In the anime however, Akira just gets a random heroic moment, screams like the Incredible Hulk, transforms into a werewolf and cuts the spider-monster thing in half in less than 5 seconds after the spider was throwing him about and smashing him into things a few seconds earlier. It's lame.

The only shows so far that I liked from SHAFT have been Sayonara Sensei and to a point Maria Holic. Bakemonogatari was interesting at times, but became boring causing me to sleep through most of the episodes while Dance in the Vampire Bund's anime version is quite frankly lame. A 7 out of 10 anime so far, but it's still lame.

Oh and episode 1 of Vampire Bund is the equivalent of Kampfer's 12th episode, which was an abomination.

What made Dance of the Vampire Bund so great was the way they handled the characters and how it wasn't set in a school setting all the time. But this feels like they're trying to Twlightinize this anime adaptation for the Japanese fans of that godawful novel series.
Jan 20, 2010 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
Considering the first post, I wonder why no one has yet to discuss why Nozomu Tomaki wanted them to come up with an original script? Why should Shaft say no to the guy who wrote the manga?
Jan 21, 2010 7:54 PM

Jan 2009
THANK YOU PIKEL-KUN! That's what I'm talking about that's like how I like my anime to be. When it strays too far from the story and original content it usually turns out crap. There are a FEW cases where its actually worked such as the original FullMetal Alchemist, but Brotherhood still kicks its ass by miles.. Hehe.. "Miles"(Need to know Brotherhood or Manga to get that completely XD). But yeah I only liked the look of Vampire Bund coz I haven't read the manga but if the anime's so farfetched and screwing up the highlights of the series I may as well make a start on it soon.
Jan 23, 2010 7:25 PM

Aug 2009
Dance in the Vampire Bund anime is an ADAPTATION off of Dance in the Vampire Bund manga. What is an ADAPTATION anyway?

Merriam-Webster Dictionary said:
Adpatation: a composition rewritten into a new form

My point is, is that anime adaptations aren't always going to follow the manga. Some do, some don't. Many reasons why could be attracting a wider fanbase, budgeting, fitting the storyline in a set number of episodes, director's choice, etc.

But my opinion on this is kinda mixed. Human nature plays into why everyone is so upset. People, in general, don't like change hence why all the mangafags are throwing bitchfits and I, for one, hate whiny ass bitching. Even though I think the first few episodes of DVB could have been a helluva lot better, I don't really care if the anime follows the manga or not. I personally care more if the characters look the same and are, for lack of a better word, characterized the same way as in the manga. A different storyline in the anime is like a new arc I haven't read in the manga yet.

Darklight0303 said:
NOT ONCE has Mina been a damsel in distress. NOT ONCE

This is what I thought was one of the main problems in DVB anime. I haven't read the manga, but I have looked through it a couple times at the bookstore. From that alone, I figured Mina was one of those "badass heroines" that usually gets alot of attention from both male and female fans. But, in the anime, it seems like she's only a vampire in name (no inhuman strength to save your own hide? what a sham...), and is too like a lovestruck schoolgirl than a leader of the vampire race.
NewheightsJan 23, 2010 7:40 PM

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Mar 16, 2010 11:05 PM

Sep 2008
I like the anime. I like the manga. If they were both the exact same shit then odds are I would stop keeping up with one or the other if not both due to the fact that there is less creativity involved. Honestly, elitist anime/manga people simply can NOT be pleased. I'll never understand the complaints of "eng dubs are stupid because they aren't the original" or "deviation from the source manga is a sin". Shit just baffles me.
Mar 17, 2010 12:12 AM

Jan 2009
Noobs will be noobs. Look at FMA Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuuden. Shit sticks to the manga perfectly and many ppl keep up with both
Mar 18, 2010 8:05 PM

Sep 2008
So because it works in one anime/manga coupling then all should force themselves into the same mold? That seems kinda boring to me. There NEEDS to be room for some deviation at time. Repitition is lame.
Mar 19, 2010 3:55 AM

Apr 2008
it's not worth the risk of turning the series into crap character or plotwise
Mar 20, 2010 12:45 PM

Sep 2008
Yes, it is worth the risk. The chance to make something even better than it was to start with is definately worth the chance. The problem is that most source material purist will say it sucks simply because it is different. The DitVB anime has been great. I thought the first episode was a great way to start it. I was definately left like "wtf" through most of it, but not in a bad way.
Mar 27, 2010 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
However much there's reason behind changing the base material, it was a really stupid choice to not follow the manga faithfully : <
Because the manga.. (I probably don't need to say this, but anyway..) is awesome ^^
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 18, 2013 10:52 AM

Jun 2011
What does he mean? That means that his manga is not adapted at all. It's just reusing the characters, but with different story. Dude that ain't working bro. People want to see your work getting animated, remain faithful story-wise, but you just had to go and.. well.. sigh..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 26, 2014 4:43 AM

Mar 2013
ebsixtynine said:
I'll never understand the complaints of "eng dubs are stupid because they aren't the original"...

No, not at all. They're not stupid because they aren't the original, but simply because their voice acting is sterile, hammy, cheesy, etc.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.