Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 21, 2016 4:55 AM
May 2016
I find it absurd on how new members must wait 3 days till they are able to message other members. Why is that so? I mean if trolls were amidst they could easily be reported and banned. Why the 3 day wait? Maybe it should be lessened.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
_Ghost_May 23, 2016 4:16 AM
May 22, 2016 8:45 AM

Oct 2014
3 day is a pain for newer users who want to start interacting with the community immediately is a fact but the MAL moderating team is slim and I think this stop gauge of 3 days is beneficial.

I don't get the naming sense of your thread as well, what were you even trying to imply there mate?
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 22, 2016 9:06 AM

Jun 2015
1. Find a better tittle for the thread.
2. The MAL moderating team is small, so the three days rule helps a lot.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
May 22, 2016 4:06 PM

Mar 2015
even with 3 days rule, amount of bot spamming in my massage and profile already many...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 22, 2016 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
To decrease spammers, I assume.
May 22, 2016 7:15 PM

Dec 2013
Prevents spamming in messages and pretty well imo. I don't think I've ever gotten a spam message on MAL.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
May 22, 2016 9:30 PM
May 2016
Mayumi said:
1. Find a better tittle for the thread.
2. The MAL moderating team is small, so the three days rule helps a lot.

No thank you, the title suits the topic very well. The title was my initial reaction to the 3 day wait.
May 22, 2016 10:14 PM

Apr 2014
Psnaps said:

No thank you, the title suits the topic very well. The title was my initial reaction to the 3 day wait.
Well, at least you can post on forum immediately after registration.
Then spam this on suggestion board. You could had posted it on Support.
And you didn't follow the rules on making a suggestion thread.
Haters always gonna hate.
May 23, 2016 12:38 AM

Dec 2015
Maybe it is possible to implement some form of bot detection when registering? (Captcha) Or does this already exist.

Sometimes I see bots posting in the forums. But not that often. (And gets removed fast.) If it could also stop PM spam.

But other than that you could just use comments for the beginning. I also prefer private messages - don't want to reveal too much of myself and I don't want others to be able to read the conversation. But there are still messengers (but you'd need to openly post the messenger address in the comments until the other person saw it) or you could just try waiting the 3 days.

Try looking for some nice people. Try talking a bit normally first. See which one are nice where you want to talk more privately. Then PM them after 3 days.

Only suggestion I'd bring: Allow people to respond - if they got messaged from someone else. Even if their account isn't 3 days old yet.
May 23, 2016 12:44 AM

Apr 2014
The reason is because of Xrummer it can register over 500k accounts to a forum even with the security answer type stuff and can mass post to everyone on the forums with spam and junk. Captcha's can be auto detected with xrummer my brother used to use it for like spam advertising for a website. No real way to stop it but putting delays make spam programs wait a few days to be able to post. The only real way to stop spam accounts is require people to make a post in a specific forum and then be accepted by the administration but in a board this size it would be worthless attempt. But yeah I know why people are going to be angry.

More topics from this board

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
3 hours ago

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.