Forum Settings
Forums

A Suggestion for the Anime and Manga Lists

New
Should there be a feature where you could add music at the background of your lists?
May 20, 2016 12:27 PM

Jun 2015
I have a suggestion for the anime and manga lists. In the editing section of the design, could there be a part where you can also add music as a background, it would be awesome if you could.

Please consider this suggestion.
Or just try the poll (Sorry if it was a rubbish poll, this is my first time doing this!!!)

May 21, 2016 3:51 AM

Jun 2015
C'mon ppl, vote

May 21, 2016 10:12 AM

Jun 2015
Whats so bad about this suggestion?

May 21, 2016 2:13 PM

Dec 2015
I don't need music. To annoying and I don't want it when watching others profiles/lists. Would force a lot of people to use some browser addon to block music or to set the setting so their own list design overrides the others. (And I already might decide to do that because a lof of people use big pictures in their lists which makes it take longer to load.)
May 21, 2016 2:24 PM

May 2013
- Most of the people have really bad taste in music.

- If they want to enable this, they must add a checkbox so people that don't wanna hear music in every list don't have to turn off the audio on their pc.

- There must be a volume slider somewhere in the page, so you can change the volume of the music. But since you could hide it with css they'll need to add a rule that say that whoever hide the volume slider in their list will be banned.

May 25, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2015
I guess it's bad Idea then, remove this thread someone

Jun 1, 2016 11:29 AM

Feb 2016
Some lovely people will take advantage of that and put ear-rape/cancer music on their lists to annoyi others.

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

(✿◕ᴗ◕)人(◕ᴗ◕✿)

Jun 1, 2016 12:32 PM

Oct 2014
A resounding NO from my end. Heck, I don't even understand the point of using css and making your shit taste list look good :^) I just keep using the old one, things that work need no improve.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jun 1, 2016 7:18 PM

Apr 2016
Is good idea, but totally innescesary
Jun 1, 2016 11:27 PM

Jun 2015
Nope, its a bad idea. People are gonna shove their shit taste in music down our eardrums if this happens.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Jul 20, 2016 2:21 PM

Feb 2010
@KingUmarBashir: I agree with this suggestion, but it was shot down hard lol.

But anyways you can sort of add music to your list page, but it will only be via a Youtube music player (which also won't autoplay). And on top of that you must use complicated CSS to move the player into place on your page if you want ppl to notice the button and click it.

As an example, if you go to Bleach on my Current page today and click "more", the player pops up.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shishio-kun?status=1
You edit these players in via BBcode under "Edit"

Had a tutorial years ago about this but only a few of us used it, so if you're interested you can try it or ask about it if it no longer works:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=551625
Jul 20, 2016 3:56 PM

Jun 2015
Shishio-kun said:

But anyways you can sort of add music to your list page, but it will only be via a Youtube music player (which also won't autoplay). And on top of that you must use complicated CSS to move the player into place on your page if you want ppl to notice the button and click it.

As an example, if you go to Bleach on my Current page today and click "more", the player pops up.

Had a tutorial years ago about this but only a few of us used it, so if you're interested you can try it or ask about it if it no longer works:
Lol. I already know about this version of the feature, but what i wanted to be implimented was the autoplay version, so basically, when someone opened any of your lists, the music would play in the background.

P.S Please add me to your friend list, because a few months back I needed help on something (when I was still new to mal) and i messaged you, it was quiet a long message but kinda went to waste because it didn't reach you and I think that was coz I wasn't in your friend list.
KingUmarBashirJul 20, 2016 3:59 PM

Jul 20, 2016 4:36 PM

Jun 2014
It's an okay idea. But I think it would be better to just play music through your profile, since that's where you truly express who you are and what your prefernces are. :)

s t a t i c n o i s e

Jul 20, 2016 5:31 PM

Dec 2013
I think its ok as long as the music is always muted until its unmuted. I don't wanna be rickrolled

Syrup-
Trust me when I give you this profound answer:
It's shit.

Jul 21, 2016 7:26 PM

Feb 2010
KingUmarBashir said:
Shishio-kun said:

Lol. I already know about this version of the feature, but what i wanted to be implimented was the autoplay version, so basically, when someone opened any of your lists, the music would play in the background.

P.S Please add me to your friend list, because a few months back I needed help on something (when I was still new to mal) and i messaged you, it was quiet a long message but kinda went to waste because it didn't reach you and I think that was coz I wasn't in your friend list.

Sorry but I don't add ppl who just want me to help them personally through PMs, comments, etc. Please understand I'm burned out on that after answering tons of questions that way for years, it's not personal.

However, we can help you here when you need it, and you'll get a bigger variety of ppl to answer your questions:
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19736
Jul 23, 2016 6:33 AM

Jun 2015
@Shishio-kun Lol, I get ya

Jul 23, 2016 11:21 AM

Oct 2015
A very bad and unnecessary idea in my opinion.
As someone else mentioned, people could put in ear-destroying music. Not to mention that not all people are blessed with good Wi-Fi (myself included)
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
8 hours ago

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.