Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 19, 2016 8:38 PM

May 2014
I would. Me and my siblings were spanked, and we turned out fine. I never feared my dad, since he would spank us most times, but I did fear the belt. I know some parents can go overboard, but that shouldn't mean you can't give your kid a well deserved whoopin'. Some kids are so spolied these days, I'd consider doing the job myself.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 19, 2016 8:42 PM

Jun 2015
No because I got a lot worse than just the belt so I wouldn't do that to my kids.
May 19, 2016 8:43 PM

Sep 2015
YES. That's the only reason why I want to have kids, to be my personal punch bag.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

May 19, 2016 8:44 PM

Jun 2014
gonna ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA the fuck out of those little shits
May 19, 2016 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
I don't even want to have kids because I'm pretty sure I'd end up throwing myself from the window.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
May 19, 2016 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
That's fucked up, no.

Physical abuse is bad.
May 19, 2016 8:47 PM

Dec 2013
This topic gets asked way too much on mal. the last one had people claiming spanking caused mental issues lol, but to answers op's question yeah spankings never did no kid wrong.
May 19, 2016 8:50 PM

May 2014
DoctorKat said:
Jayden said:
No because I got a lot worse than just the belt so I wouldn't do that to my kids.

Same here, plus I believe you don't need to hurt a kid to get your point across.

Honestly, you don't have to. But after a warning or two, I think they'd have to be disciplined in another way besides getting a good talking to. There's a good balance to be had.
May 19, 2016 8:52 PM
Jan 2013
Hell no
What if the little fucker turn against me and stab me with a fork?
So I ain't spankin mi children
Mama's gon be the one to do it
gone bai bai
May 19, 2016 8:54 PM

Feb 2016
I mean... it really does depend on the issue at hand. I would never use it as my go to method and it'd take a pretty desperate situation for me to do anything like that. But you should know that there are other effective methods of punishment rather than spanking.

May 19, 2016 9:04 PM

Jul 2012
no, it gave me trauma and social anxiety and i sometimes want to murder my father
May 19, 2016 9:05 PM

Oct 2014
Depends what they do. They do something they've been punished for before or told was wrong then yes they're getting a spanking. Not a beating but a whooping is fine
May 19, 2016 9:13 PM

Jan 2016
No, I don't like hurting people. I couldn't imagine wanting to harm my own child or a pet either.
May 19, 2016 9:41 PM

May 2015
Nasieir said:
That's fucked up, no.

Physical abuse is bad.
it's not like you could shape your kids by just talking to them anyway; sometimes you need the belt

my dad slaps me in the face though, and thats a no-go; no face!
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 19, 2016 9:48 PM

May 2009
If necessary then yes. Sometimes you can't teach a kid through verbal means. I probably won't use a stick or a belt though. And with the face it's a no-go. I find it baffling how some people describe this as physical abuse when it is a form of discipline in itself, though many parents do go overboard and it can become borderline abuse.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

May 19, 2016 10:02 PM

Oct 2015
I'm not going to have kids but if I did then I wouldn't spank them, I would take away their laptop, tablet, computer, video game system (unless it was one I also used, then I would just put a password that they didn't know on all of the accounts) and TV away and lock them in a closet for a little bit. I personality think that would be more effective anyway as kids get so addicted to those things, I would probably ground the kid as well. I might get some cheap flip phone with very limited functions or something for the kid if I thought not having a phone could cause issues or something like in the case of an emergency.
May 19, 2016 10:09 PM

Jan 2008
Just turn off their internet. Outside? Kids do that these days?
May 19, 2016 10:09 PM

Feb 2014
Mayuka said:
no, it gave me trauma and social anxiety and i sometimes want to murder my father

I sure hope this isn't serious.

OT: I don't know... I don't think so. My parents hit me when I was misbehaving, but never excessively. Still, I'd like to try to not hit my kids, but just scold them, or if things got really bad, yell at them.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 19, 2016 10:19 PM

May 2008
If I ever did become a parent, I wouldn't spank my kids. I feel like that would just make them act rebellious and distrust adults more.

I would probably just take away their electronic devices, or make them loose their TV privileges for a while.
May 19, 2016 10:33 PM

Sep 2014
no, it is too risky for bad child outcomes. yeah, you might have been ok, but why not just take away a video game or something that won't end up harming the child's mental and emotional health.

Spanking and Child Outcomes: Old Controversies and New Meta-Analyses
http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/2016-17153-001/

Hugs, Not Hits: Warmth and Spanking as Predictors of Child Social Competence
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jomf.12306/abstract;jsessionid=751B82ABCF8283641371099399D81D1C.f01t01?userIsAuthenticated=false&deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=
May 19, 2016 11:27 PM

Oct 2014
Physical punishments don't work on kids who are mentally insecure enough to deserve said punishments. Punish your kids by forcing them to go to be early, making them exercise, and giving them sugar pills (I think you know what I mean). These are the three most effective cures to human problems so they should help to make them a better person. If this doesn't work try making them cry themselves to sleep. Emotional pain is more powerful than physical pain.
May 19, 2016 11:56 PM

Jul 2012
yosimba2000 said:
Mayuka said:

i'm serious, i really hate my dad.

he used to abuse me (more than spanking btw) and i got trauma from that.
May 20, 2016 12:11 AM
Oct 2014
No, I would not. I know myself how damaging it can be.

May 20, 2016 12:16 AM

Apr 2013
No, there are better and more effective ways to punish your children without resorting to violence.
May 20, 2016 1:05 AM

Mar 2014
Of course not. It can be very damaging to one's emotional and mental health and it is not really effective nor disciplinary. The parents' behavior is so important and it really affects a child's mentality, so I think that deciding to have children in the first place is something one should really think about.
May 20, 2016 1:21 AM
Jan 2016
hecking yes with a golden foam paddle
May 20, 2016 1:27 AM

Oct 2013
Haha no, I think if I ever was to be a parent I'd nurture him with money - brush teeth = $, good grades = $, so if I were to assume that I'd be in a situation where I would spank my kid I think I'd just give him take his $ instead. The kid'll probably be conceited and greedy AF but who knows how it'd turn out.
May 20, 2016 1:39 AM

Apr 2009
yosimba2000 said:
Mayuka said:

ah yes me too. i sure hate it when abuse victims show hostile attitudes towards their abuser. it's almost like it's worse than the actual abuse itself! amirite haha amirite

OT: no. and i pray to every god in existence that op never ends up having kids.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
May 20, 2016 1:55 AM

Jun 2015
I think some disciplining every once in a while is necessary, but I don't think I would be able to hit my kids without feeling guilty. So I'd use other methods, but not the good old talk, most kids never pay attention when you just talk.
May 20, 2016 2:13 AM

Feb 2014
Mayuka said:
yosimba2000 said:

i'm serious, i really hate my dad.

he used to abuse me (more than spanking btw) and i got trauma from that.

Ah, I didn't know that.
I wasn't joking, but sorry if I made it sound like I was joking.
kawaiiyuris said:
yosimba2000 said:

ah yes me too. i sure hate it when abuse victims show hostile attitudes towards their abuser. it's almost like it's worse than the actual abuse itself! amirite haha amirite

No, I wasn't trying to make it sound like I was joking. I didn't know the circumstances of what Mayuka went through.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 20, 2016 2:16 AM

Oct 2010
No, I would not. I would rather try to teach my children that violence doesn't solve anything.
I intend to have a reward and punishment system to discipline my children with. If they are good for the whole week or two, then they can go to the toy store and pick something out. If they do something bad, then they have some of their privileges taken away from them (like not being able to go to a classmate's birthday party, having plans to go out for ice cream that weekend canceled, having their favorite toy taken away for a week, etc).

This is how I was raised myself.
May 20, 2016 2:16 AM

Sep 2015
Yes, if the situation calls for it. If verbally telling the kid off hasn't done the trick, or they've done something particularly bad, then an increase in the reprimanding is required. Always has to be accompanied by actually telling the kid why they're getting an increased punishment, of course.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 20, 2016 3:01 AM

Dec 2015
No, I used to get spanked as a kid and all it ever taught me was to hate my dad for most of my childhood.
My sister has raised two kids without ever hitting them and they are almost too well behaved.
May 20, 2016 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
I will do it till their butts sore for sure.
May 20, 2016 4:54 AM

Oct 2011
Yeah, kids tend to get out of control that a simple scolding won't do.
May 20, 2016 6:35 AM

Apr 2016
AnimeFreak-San said:
no, it is too risky for bad child outcomes. yeah, you might have been ok, but why not just take away a video game or something that won't end up harming the child's mental and emotional health.

Spanking and Child Outcomes: Old Controversies and New Meta-Analyses
http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/2016-17153-001/

Hugs, Not Hits: Warmth and Spanking as Predictors of Child Social Competence
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jomf.12306/abstract;jsessionid=751B82ABCF8283641371099399D81D1C.f01t01?userIsAuthenticated=false&deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=

Psychology isnt a science dont treat it as such.

Spanking is a necessity but you also need to implement rules and a system. Spanking wantonly doesnt work. Spanking as a system works.
May 20, 2016 6:36 AM

May 2016
I actually don't know but i proly wont..
May 20, 2016 6:42 AM

Aug 2013
No, I wouldn't. I was never spanked or punished when I was a child, so I wouldn't do that to my future kids either. I don't really think that spanking is inherently bad or traumatizing, though, so I don't really condemn such disciplinarian methods, but the way I see it is that you don't really teach a kid why they were acting badly by spanking them - you're only teaching them to be afraid of the physical punishment itself. This is an issue with corporal punishment in general, because it's merely discouraging kids from doing certain things, without actually teaching them why they were punished.
MoogMay 20, 2016 6:55 AM
May 20, 2016 6:49 AM
Jun 2014
Jayden said:

Fuck that, my kids would get it so badly. RKO on the dining room table, stunner on the concrete floor. It would be Wrestlemania anytime they stepped out of line.

'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
May 20, 2016 7:14 AM

Jul 2012
kawaiiyuris said:
yosimba2000 said:

uh do u know what I went thru to say that
May 20, 2016 7:20 AM

Sep 2015
I wouldn't. My dad never raised his hand or voice at me and my brother, and somehow we grew up well-mannered. Also I don't have it in me to hurt kids.
May 20, 2016 7:32 AM

Jul 2013
It depends on the kid really. Looking back, my brother and I were spanked numerous times as a kid mostly using a belt. And our father would often tweak our ears so hard it would go red. And I realize that often times it was necessary to discipline us and I never hated them for it, well at least not now. But I know there are kids who will be disciplined without doing anything physical. I'm sure when I become a parent I would be able to tell if they need a good spanking or a good talking to.
May 20, 2016 7:32 AM
Mar 2016
Mayuka said:
kawaiiyuris said:

atleast you had a father. Honestly. Mattaku. This thread is enough internet for the day and i just got up. Wow. Just wow.
May 20, 2016 7:37 AM

Nov 2014
Harkhime said:
Mayuka said:

atleast you had a father. Honestly. Mattaku. This thread is enough internet for the day and i just got up. Wow. Just wow.

Not having a father would be better than having an abusive one. You probably shouldn't murder him, though. It would be better to report them, or work hard to get away from them.
May 20, 2016 7:39 AM

Mar 2016
Marila said:
If I ever did become a parent, I wouldn't spank my kids. I feel like that would just make them act rebellious and distrust adults more.

I would probably just take away their electronic devices, or make them loose their TV privileges for a while.

Don't do that, believe me I have experienced that before and I hated my parents alot more for taking my games and computer rather then when they yelled at me.
May 20, 2016 7:44 AM

Apr 2012
If they do something that endangers themselves, or someone else. For example, running into a on coming car/traffic, going off with a stranger without me knowing, or seriously injuring another kid, then the answer is yes. For less severe offenses grounding them (no video games, no phone, no computer and no dessert) tends to be far more effective.
May 20, 2016 7:53 AM
Mar 2016
aikaflip said:
Harkhime said:

Not having a father would be better than having an abusive one. You probably shouldn't murder him, though. It would be better to report them, or work hard to get away from them.
Whats this? You think you are an autority on the subject? Disciplining children is objectively right every competant debate should end with that as the conclusion. You are objectively wrong what do you know about being raised without a father? They call you yuutori seidai for a reason i guess. You are all impudent brats.
May 20, 2016 8:11 AM

May 2014
kawaiiyuris said:
yosimba2000 said:

OP here. I'm curious. Why do you think that?
May 20, 2016 8:19 AM
Mar 2016
Nerps64 said:
kawaiiyuris said:

OP here. I'm curious. Why do you think that?
Simple. Because they don't want to see properly raised children so they can say they raised fine children because there's no proper children to compare with. Forget these people and keep in your heart the hope of getting married and having wonderful children my friend.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Would you consider becoming a vegatarain, maybe Vegan ? ( 1 2 )

SyrupPastryNice - Apr 10

68 by -Jahra »»
8 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

36 by -Jahra »»
21 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

22 by elgatosaika »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

17 by blueblur »»
26 minutes ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - 6 hours ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.