Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 14, 2010 5:58 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Not a great chapter. I honestly don't see what they can really do with this to make it more interesting or as in interesting as it was at the beginning. Ah well good riddance to the tubby guy.
Jan 14, 2010 6:13 AM

May 2007
Lol, yeah, ever since Nakai did what he did to Aoki, he went on my shit-list. Though I'm happy to see him leave, I'm sure he'll be back in some kind of role in the future.

As for Ashirogi...well, I just think their editor is not a good fit for them. Comedy just isn't their thing, and you could really tell just by looking at the main character of their gag manga, that was going to go nowhere. -_-
Jan 14, 2010 6:13 AM

May 2009
Good riddance indeed, though I fully expect that it's not the last we've seen of him. Ah, they're good people. I wouldn't have been as forgiving.

I don't know where their confidence in Miura is coming from. Well, I'm sure it'll be fine if they just throw in more gags! *Sigh*
Jan 14, 2010 6:15 AM

Jul 2009
Good Bye Nakai..

Miura better do his job better 2 of his series is not doing well one get axed and one didn't get serialized..
Jan 14, 2010 6:49 AM
Oct 2009
Pretty awesome chapter, in my opinion. Well, maybe it's because Nakai has left. And I hope Miura is the next one, he is really devastating Ashirogi's career. They should just ignore Miura and forget about making a gag manga.
Jan 14, 2010 8:53 AM

Jul 2008
too bad they didn't get serialized, and good bye nakai
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 14, 2010 9:16 AM

Apr 2008
Didn't really like this chapter. I hate all the useless drama involving a useless character...just let Nakai leave, he's annoying anyway.

I'm glad they didn't get serialized.
Jan 14, 2010 9:41 AM

Aug 2009
I hope Ashirogi gets a new editor soon. Seriously, Miura sucks. I haven't liked him from the very start and now he's more irritating and unsuccessful than ever.

As for Nakai, I'm pretty sure he'll yet show up 'cause even though he was such a jerk recently, once upon a time he was quite a nice guy and I don't really think authors got rid of him for good *sighs* .

And I miss Eiji!
Sorry for my bad english ^^'
Jan 14, 2010 9:51 AM

Oct 2007
Laevantein said:
Good Bye Nakai..

Miura better do his job better 2 of his series is not doing well one get axed and one didn't get serialized..

Its also the only two he was working for. He said he was not an editor of any other series at that time.
Jan 14, 2010 9:58 AM
Nov 2008
i think bakuman is a pretty cool guy. eh draws manga and doesn't afraid of anything.
Jan 14, 2010 10:09 AM

Jun 2009
Awesome. Now the stage is set for a new manga style [hopefully] vs Aoki. I can just see Nakai's return on a tractor to give the Ashirogi guys a lift in some intense manner.
Jan 14, 2010 10:33 AM
Oct 2009
Grimmm said:
Didn't really like this chapter. I hate all the useless drama involving a useless character...just let Nakai leave, he's annoying anyway.

Nakai is indeed annoying (actually, a lot more than that), but that's one of the things I admire in Bakuman: even an "useless" character has his own moments of glory or despair. In a story like Bakuman, focusing on characters other than the protagonist is very important.
Jan 14, 2010 11:02 AM

May 2009
finally a new chapter (i had to read ch. 68 ti remember what was going on).

so basicaly they don't get serialised, so no marriage, aoki gets in and bb kenichi gets out (predictable imo).

and nakai proves agai that he is an jerk and asshole. seriously what is his problem? whta happen to him? i still remember when he was drawing in the snow for love and now is jerking around? if he comes back them please make him the old nakai!

Hyla said:

And I miss Eiji!
Jan 14, 2010 11:42 AM

Aug 2009
Good to read bakuman again after a three week break. Really missed it.
The chapter was really good in my opinion. Can't see why you guys don't like it.
Jan 14, 2010 11:46 AM
Jan 2009
Glad that they didn't have to do that manga. It wasn't very good.
I don't mind Nakai leaving. He never left much of an impression on me.

I thought it was an ok chapter.
Jan 14, 2010 12:05 PM

Mar 2008
Seemed kinda like Nakai would come back. I'm pretty sure he will. Too much fuss about him leaving, anyway.
Also, agreeing with others that said that Miura sucks. He sucks big time. Ahirogi definitely should get Hattori back. Definitely. And I hope they will because as it seems now, they won't ever get serialized again with Miura as their editor.
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Jan 14, 2010 12:10 PM

Jun 2008
Figure that Tanto wouldn't get serialized. Miura sucks as their editor anyways, always looking for freaking jokes. I hope they get Hattori back, or at least a new editor that doesn't suck, but most likely not.
And finally Nakai got what he deserved. Freaking fatass, but knowing all the fuss about him leaving and all that crap. The next chapter will involve him in some way. Not really looking forward to that.
Jan 14, 2010 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
So they didn't get serialized, guess the mangaka doesn't want Takagi to get marred so soon :D
But I hope Miura will give up on his gag fetish (but i don't think he'll understand it soon), even if they do get serialized with that sort of story, an anime version will be a shitty one

Nakai really deserved what he got, in the end he made a wise choice to leave

I've a feeling that it will be Ashirgoi Muto v.s Iwase's manga (may be Nakai as the artist :D) for the next serialization meeting. Hattori will bank on this chance to make the heroes have a tough time

P.S. Fukuda owns a Harley Davidson :D
removed-userJan 14, 2010 12:38 PM
Jan 14, 2010 12:36 PM
Nov 2008
I'M GAR 4 NAKAI!!!
Jan 14, 2010 1:33 PM

May 2008
nakai is definitely a selfish ass

in the beginning i wanted nothing more for him to get axed
but by the end i felt really sorry for him

if he return id be ok with that, if not o well
dragafireJan 26, 2010 5:43 PM

Jan 14, 2010 1:42 PM
Aug 2007
Sayonara, Nakai. And never come back!

Glad that Ashirogi don't get serialized. Eager to know what's their next creation.

Fukuda and Aoki look nice together. I wonder if they will be a pair in the future.
Jan 14, 2010 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
Oh!... I really liked this chappie... after the half month break this turned out to be an interesting one... I really loved the drama... Dunno why you dislike it people... The drama is quite interesting sometimes... Plus it wasn't everything about drama!!! We also had some jokes there... Especially the trio faces... huh I mean duo... I'm counting in Miyoshi XD... she doesn't counts :P...

Well I don't get it why they didn't make it into the Serialization meeting... I was expecting them to get in and have a new series.... But I guess it's too early for them... and so as someone has pointed out... This will be an Iwase versus Ashirogi confrontation.... I'd love to see something like that.... That sounds really interesting!!! And Miyoshi... you're dreams were broken!!! Well I guess there's a meaning for this too... Maybe this means they're not made for each other... maybe they won't marry never eva!

So then Nakai leaves completely disappointed of a manga career... I wonder what kind of things does Akita has for him... A big farm? A house... I don't get it why he leaves... but man that's what he deserves for being such an ass... Kato did well cutting his wings in the exact moment before he flew way too up high XD... She broke his spirit.... and Aoki crushed it... but at least he's alive... Even such jerk dun deserves to die...

I feel sorry for Takahama thou... Miura's defenitely the problem!!! Ashirogi should completely ignore him and find someone better than that guy... He's not the type of editor they need... They need someone new... and better than Miura at least!!! Oh and the mystery guy manga was so close... who would say it huh... Maybe Iwase + Eiji + Arai-sensei + Aoki + Mystery guy will be the undefeatable combo they will have to sort out and get a new place on the WSJ lineup... GO ASHIROGI!!!

I miss Eiji too!! XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2010 2:39 PM

Sep 2008
I knew the heart hair was the worst idea ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2010 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
wow lolz?
to be honest idc if he rly leaves or not
never liked him first place, and lolz if he comes back later as a villain or something XD
Jan 14, 2010 3:45 PM

Jan 2008
Nakai was a total creep, but I definitely can see him changing and popping in somewhere in the later chapters.
Jan 14, 2010 4:48 PM
May 2008
Hmm so they didn't get serialized.
Well, I didn't think Tanto looked that good to begin with, but whatever.

And Nakai is a jerk and an idiot. I'm just hoping that by spending so much time on him in this chapter, it means he'll be gone for good. Or at least a while so he can get it back together.
Jan 14, 2010 5:46 PM

Nov 2007
good riddance fat boy. also glad tanto didn't make it and bb kenichi got axed. hopefully their loser editor gets fired.
Jan 14, 2010 9:01 PM

May 2009
A part of me is starting to think that the higher ups assigned Miura knowing that he wasn't a good fit in order to keep Ashiroga from peaking prematurely. Rather the idea would be to have them struggle and toil until they finally come through with their masterpiece that would blow Eiji and all others away. How perverse would that be?! LOL. In the meantime, just sprinkle some gags on it and they'll feel better in no time.
Jan 14, 2010 9:26 PM

Nov 2007
Wasn't all that great of a chapter ... I mean it seems Miura just isn't right as editor for them and it seems like they're now trying to make Nakai into a good guy ... I don't like the direction this is going in @_@
Jan 14, 2010 11:06 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Hyla said:
I hope Ashirogi gets a new editor soon. Seriously, Miura sucks. I haven't liked him from the very start and now he's more irritating and unsuccessful than ever.

As for Nakai, I'm pretty sure he'll yet show up 'cause even though he was such a jerk recently, once upon a time he was quite a nice guy and I don't really think authors got rid of him for good *sighs* .

And I miss Eiji!
Exactly.

inb4 Nakai comes back as this fit sleek transformed guy lol

I also miss Eiji!
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Jan 15, 2010 2:11 AM

Jun 2007
I think Miura is going to get fired. I hope so!!! He sucks so much.
They should realize by now that comedy isn't good for them, and they'll come up with something dark and really smart that will amaze everyone!
Jan 15, 2010 5:06 AM

Feb 2007
sharonaama1 said:
I think Miura is going to get fired. I hope so!!! He sucks so much.
They should realize by now that comedy isn't good for them, and they'll come up with something dark and really smart that will amaze everyone!

At the start of this chapter, it looked like Miura was going to get the axe himself. And then the focus switched to Nakai. Good to see him go, for now he needs to take a break from the manga world, and learn to improve as a person before he comes back (I don't think he's leaving forever).

Bocca said:
The chapter was really good in my opinion. Can't see why you guys don't like it.

Agreed. Nakai leaving, Tanto getting the axe, Miyoshi not getting married, I thought all of us would be loving this chapter. All of our wishes came true. And then there was Aoki and Fukuda sitting on a freaking Harley Davidson together. I just don't get it.
Jan 15, 2010 1:13 PM

Sep 2009
Hyla said:

And I miss Eiji!

Wooo! Me too!
Jan 15, 2010 2:12 PM

May 2007
Meh, I don't care about Nakai. He's a jerk and he's doing good in leaving. I hope he won't come back but I know he will. -__- Also, Ashirogi needs to get rid of Miura and get another editor because he seriously sucks. Sigh.
I'm glad for Aoki though. And even more glad to see her still talking to Fukuda over the phone, fufufu.

Jan 15, 2010 10:43 PM
Sep 2007
Pretty bad chapter, especially at the end, which was lolmelodrama and rushed to hell. I hope Nakai stays out of the story forever, that would be interesting, but I don't think the writer will do that.
Jan 16, 2010 2:58 AM
Nov 2007
now i want miura to leave. :l
Jan 16, 2010 9:59 AM

Jul 2009
Karma is such a beautiful thing; Nakai got just what he deserved. Also, I'm glad that Tanto didn't get serialised because I think a serious manga will be best for them.
Jan 16, 2010 10:14 AM
Apr 2008
Aennlin said:
I hope Nakai doesn't ever come back.

I'm glad they didn't get serialized, too. Maybe now they'll go with what they're best at and do a more serious manga. Although Miura will probably keep trying to force them to do gags. Agh. What would it take for them to finally leave him behind for a new editor?
I agree 100%
Jan 17, 2010 5:32 PM
Jan 2010
I think the important question which must be asked is: Did Aoki ride over on Fukuda's bike :D
Jan 18, 2010 9:44 AM

Jul 2008
Kanon-kun said:
Nakai was a total creep, but I definitely can see him changing and popping in somewhere in the later chapters.

i can see this
Feb 3, 2010 4:56 AM

Oct 2008
Ehh, I'm kinda glad that Nakai is gone, but it means one less person on Team Fukuda. :/
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 13, 2010 11:52 PM

Nov 2009
vindemon64 said:
Lol, yeah, ever since Nakai did what he did to Aoki, he went on my shit-list. Though I'm happy to see him leave, I'm sure he'll be back in some kind of role in the future.

As for Ashirogi...well, I just think their editor is not a good fit for them. Comedy just isn't their thing, and you could really tell just by looking at the main character of their gag manga, that was going to go nowhere. -_-

basically this.

and lol Fukuda's got a Harley Davidson XD
Aug 2, 2010 8:50 PM
Sep 2008
Despite everything Nakai did, I still felt sorry for him especially on that last page. Dude basically got all his hopes and dreams smashed into bits and he knows he's completely to blame for it.
Oct 24, 2010 10:02 PM

Jun 2009
Nakai's cockiness paid off - got rejected hard by Kato
I find it nice that he didn't to change his decision when he saw Aoki.. coz when he does I would totally hate him.

Some may say this is a bad chapter.. but of course we need a little twist in this manga, comedy, drama, romance not all doing manga
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 11, 2010 10:49 AM
Jul 2010
Nakai sucks =( I'm glad he's leaving
Jan 7, 2011 2:05 PM

Apr 2010
Wow, i think this was a great chapter. I never expected they'd be able to make me sad that Nakai left (even if only a little bit). With the way he left though, i'm almost 100% sure he'll be back eventually, hopefully not for a while though (if it's ever next chapter i'll be so pissed).

I really hope Fukuda and Aoki end up together, that's my favorite pairing so far.
Dec 13, 2011 12:24 AM

Jun 2011
vindemon64 said:

He is the worst human ever, 2nd only to the perv mangaka, Ashirogi's 'bad friend', or can you even call that 'friend'?
On the other note, Fukuda and Aoki would really make a good couple! I want to see them together!! :D
ToG25thBaamDec 13, 2011 12:28 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 25, 2012 12:14 AM

Oct 2008
Yay! They didn't get serialized. But I guess they're still going for gag and Takagi's still marrying Miyoshi once they get serialized. I hate her! She even said that Takagi slacked off in order to not get married! I sure hope that was really true but it's not. I just totally hate her! So irritating! And now it's good that one of the irritating characters has been removed. He got what he deserved.
Jul 25, 2014 4:24 AM

Dec 2013
Nice to see that Nakai leaving the series. I hope he won't come back
May 29, 2016 6:57 PM

Jan 2016
Fukuda and Shujin are right. Nakai was hopeless and brought it upon himself. I was surprised Saiko was as concerned about him as he was, but I guess they did have a sort of connection with them both being strictly artists.

Nakai is very lucky to have such good friends. Maybe his trip back home will do him good and resurrect the kind passionate guy he was before.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.