Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 17, 2016 9:50 PM
Mar 2016

This was the first time I've ever made an anime review of any sort, but I know that it's shitty so I'll ask for tips or improvements, hopefully no dweary nitpickers :P
May 18, 2016 12:24 AM

Apr 2010
GaijinAnime said:

I know that it's shitty

Yeah, your review is so shitty that I want to subscribe to your channel. Good job, sir.

May 26, 2016 7:03 AM
Mar 2016
LordVitaly said:
GaijinAnime said:

I know that it's shitty

Yeah, your review is so shitty that I want to subscribe to your channel. Good job, sir.

wow thanks <3 this has motivated me XD
May 26, 2016 3:32 PM

Nov 2015
You pause WAY too much when you're speaking. Have more long-formed sentences and coherent thoughts when speaking especially in a review.

I have a car. The car is red. I like driving. That's how it sounds.

it should be like this

I enjoy driving my red car.

It helps if you write the review out and then proofread it multiple times.
May 26, 2016 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
Gabagool said:
You pause WAY too much when you're speaking. Have more long-formed sentences and coherent thoughts when speaking especially in a review.

it should be like this

Pretty much this ^
Cool review, just work more on your speech :)
May 27, 2016 3:29 PM
Mar 2016
Gabagool said:

it should be like this

Yeah, my bad, I just now realized people like the super fast speech style, and I didn't think people liked long reviews, so I minimized the details, thanks for the advice.
May 30, 2016 3:25 PM

May 2016
GaijinAnime said:
Gabagool said:

it should be like this

Yeah, my bad, I just now realized people like the super fast speech style, and I didn't think people liked long reviews, so I minimized the details, thanks for the advice.

As someone who is still evolving with Anime Reviews himself, I can say that the length of the review is all based on how much information you want to talk about. But as the others had said, you need to flow a bit more smoothly between your points and your sentences, the pausing in between each thing said was incredibly distracting at times. Other then that, I think you did a good job :)
May 31, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2015
GaijinAnime said:
Gabagool said:

it should be like this

It's not about being super fast or slow it's just about having a rhythm to your speech and expressing a complete thought when you open your mouth. Also a reviews length doesn't have much to do with it I like both short and long it's just about how much information you want to talk about. It's all a part of the process of anything my friend.. trial and error, trial and error. Just learn from your mistakes and get a little better every time you make a review and soon you'll be great at it.

More topics from this board

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

1 by DesuMaiden »»
33 minutes ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

11 by DesuMaiden »»
35 minutes ago

» Have you tried using lmms?

Cammell - 3 hours ago

0 by Cammell »»
3 hours ago

» Help me modify this layout

Luffie00 - Yesterday

0 by Luffie00 »»
Yesterday, 7:01 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

357 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.