Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2010 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
Animation was really nice, as for the plot it wasn't bad but nothing really spectacular. The after-ED part made me laugh though.
Are at least most of the main characters introduced or there are tons more? Season 2 maybe?

Nah, don't ask for Season 2 after just 2 episodes. There are a lot of shows that do a nice plot in 12 episodes.
Jan 14, 2010 10:34 AM

Oct 2009
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
Animation was really nice, as for the plot it wasn't bad but nothing really spectacular. The after-ED part made me laugh though.
Are at least most of the main characters introduced or there are tons more? Season 2 maybe?

Nah, don't ask for Season 2 after just 2 episodes. There are a lot of shows that do a nice plot in 12 episodes.
Ok just wondering....what about character intros? Still lots to go?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 14, 2010 10:41 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:

"Lots" and lots, there are some, but I wouldn't say "lots" : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 14, 2010 11:00 AM

Dec 2007
Kinda dissapointed that it doesn't follow the manga but still its good.
Jan 14, 2010 11:01 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:

Ok so then they should just go start the whole story about Mina and her life assasinations and the whole why if that is one of the directions it is taking but the story looks complex....it might take 2 seasons for it.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 14, 2010 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:

Yeah and if SHAFT continue like this and make up their own story it becomes really hard to tell how many (if any) more of the characters from the manga we'll see.
Jan 14, 2010 11:08 AM

Mar 2009
EternalDreamer said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:

Yeah and if SHAFT continue like this and make up their own story it becomes really hard to tell how many (if any) more of the characters from the manga we'll see.

okay, that is true

I also hope for more manga plot realtions, but we can only hope. this EP was still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ep 1

they improve. they improve with every episode and we'll have most awesome anime by episode 8 lol...NO WAIT TOO LATE D:
Jan 14, 2010 11:10 AM

Jul 2009
Queen w/o SP... First lizard, now spider, what next? Can I expect some cock in the future? Action? What action? Oh, the 5 sec action against the cop and 10 sec of Akira getting smacked and 5 sec of him jumping around like a dog in heat...Right~ action indeed...Akira's transfo is way too fast....Well done, Shitbo, well done...Not that the original is a masterpiece either....<_<

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 14, 2010 11:23 AM

Feb 2008
lol this might actually have been exciting and fun...and then it turned out that way.
Jan 14, 2010 11:29 AM

May 2009
Laevantein said:
Huh ok..Mina is so weak..is she Mina? cause i never imagine the Queen of the vampire to be like that

Mina may be the Vampite Queen, yes. However, she's not emotionless. In fact, her tough exterior is what enables her to cope with the tasks she faces daily and the fact that a lot of people are after her life.

The flashbacks indicate that these two are childhood friends and that he vowed to protect her if the need ever called for it. Now that he forgot all about that or even who she really is (and what he is) makes her sad and to be honest, I can't blame her. Pretty sure any girl would cry over something like that.

And where is Mina's guardian?? she is the queen dammit, even my Town's Mayor always walking with his bodyguard all around, except when he went to toilet

Does this mean the anime will have more focus on Akira x Mina's relationship than the story of the Vampire Bund? I hope it doesn't become a let down series

Anyway, SHAFT seems to have given it a more original spin, but so far, I'm liking it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2010 11:44 AM

May 2009
I think I'm going to start to like this anime. It's different from most things I watch, which is good, and it looks like it will have lots of cool action scenes in it!

OP was pretty good, and I liked the scene where Mina was hiding in the bushes :3
Jan 14, 2010 11:49 AM

Jul 2008
gotta love werewolves!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 14, 2010 12:18 PM
Aug 2009
Is it me or do others feel bad about seeing the opening?
Jan 14, 2010 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
WTF they did with this series. Shaft, this time you suck.
Filler again, linear plotline, amnesia(soo original...), Yuki's voice don't really suit her and Kaichou isn't a blonde. Gonna kill myself if Shaft is going to continue this farce.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 14, 2010 12:59 PM

Dec 2007
For now I like it better than the manga. I read only chapter 1 because of the obvious differences and watched these 2 episodes (this is more like episode 1 though) but there are some similarities like the gel scene.

Tepes is hotter in the manga though for some reason... better nipples perhaps?
Jan 14, 2010 1:22 PM

Jan 2009
rarri said:
Tepes is hotter in the manga though for some reason... better nipples perhaps?
Dunno what it is but.. Yeah something makes her look better in the manga.. Though I sound like a pedo saying that she looks good : <
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 14, 2010 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
This should shed some light on the "different from manga" deal
For those who wonder why they decided to not follow the manga, here is the excerpt from Radio in the Vampire Bund episode 2 (21:25~):

Quote:Originally Posted by Nozomu Tamaki
When they decided to make Vampire Bund into an anime; I suggested them "you don't have to follow the manga; please do an original story" but Yoshino-san and Shinbo-san said they want to follow the manga since it's already good. I then asked them to challenge it by doing an original script but retain the manga's story as much as possible. I think we have done a good job to it, even me reading the script thinks it's interesting.

He also participate in scriptwriting, supervise and suggesting changes from Yoshino Hiroyuki's scripts. (13:15~)
Jan 14, 2010 1:27 PM

Jan 2009
Well that was pretty expected.
Though I really hope they keep some parts of the manga : < Otherwise this won't be as good >.>
Jan 14, 2010 1:31 PM

Apr 2008
So then it's clear that this should not be considered an adaptation but a standalone variation of the manga =_=
Jan 14, 2010 1:31 PM

May 2008
They really are set with continually messing around with this story huh?
And with an odd lack of consistency too. In the first, she is canonly pretty invincible and graceful. Now she's bad at hiding, trips and falls, and HAS to get rescued by Akira.

Mina is only supposed to do that to Akira when she's confident in him and on a whim of wanting him to show/prove his loyalty. She's completely equal to him in terms of fighting capability I'd say.

Also, the undressing/lotion scene totally fit better in her old mansion. And I think the theme of "I know you" and the overbearing father works much better than the "oh yeah, you're Mina Tepes and I'm a Werewolf". This messes up so much about the coming storyline, too.

It's better than last episode, (though I thought that was fun in it's own way, too), it's just not working well out enough for me. I don't know if they can make up for what they've done so far, but it'll be a tough one. And they've only got 10 more episodes left to do it. This show if it was true to the manga could easily sprawl three seasons of 22 episode series each.

Oh well, I'll keep watching. But I'm immensely disappointed.
Yeah, don't click that spoiler, it's a manga spoiler. It's only there for the manga fans. Though I'm doubtful as to whether that scene will surface in the anime.
ukonkiviJan 14, 2010 1:39 PM

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 14, 2010 1:32 PM

Jan 2009
So the 2 opinions are divided into... Read the manga... hate the anime. Didn't read the manga... like the anime... It's okay imo... I've read the manga! well at least as far as the english scanulations go.
Jan 14, 2010 1:43 PM

May 2008
kurropt said:
I haven't read the manga, but revealing her body turned me off a bit ...

The naked body is nothing more than what you make of it.
It be sure to remember just how okay it is to complain about every little thing you don't find attractive here on MAL.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 14, 2010 1:43 PM

Aug 2009
Darklight0303 said:
So then it's clear that this should not be considered an adaptation but a standalone variation of the manga =_=

Most likely like the first FMA anime.
Jan 14, 2010 1:46 PM

Jun 2009
Nozomu Tamaki said:
I think we have done a good job to it, even me reading the script thinks it's interesting.

He shouldn't think so much...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 14, 2010 1:47 PM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
Overall it was good but they should make Mina's nipples a lot better than that with better colors.

I think a fierce 'OMG' is in place here. I'll just pretend I didn't read that, heheh.
Jan 14, 2010 1:53 PM

Jan 2009
desolato said:
francismeunier said:
Overall it was good but they should make Mina's nipples a lot better than that with better colors.
I think a fierce 'OMG' is in place here. I'll just pretend I didn't read that, heheh.
Uh.. lol? francis you're just getting more strange all the time, are you sure watching anime is good for your health?
Jan 14, 2010 1:54 PM
Jun 2009
I've been reading the manga. Have they just sort of loosely based the anime off the manga?
Jan 14, 2010 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
liamoflegends said:
I've been reading the manga. Have they just sort of loosely based the anime off the manga?
Read garfield15's post on the previous page, or I could just simply requote it ^^;

Tl;dr yes, they are.
Jan 14, 2010 2:01 PM
Jun 2009
Ah right, thanks a lot!
Jan 14, 2010 2:16 PM

Jun 2009
(I only read vol 1 of the manga so my opinion may be off)

Oh crap.....Looks like what I feared has just happened. I knew that this had the same director as Moon phase but I hoped that he had gotten better. But no, hes made the exact same mistake with this as he did with Moon phase. He's focused on the completely wrong aspects of the show.

Meaning instead of getting an interesting story about the establishment of a vampire capital and great action we get lolicon fan service and a stupid generic storyline about a boy becoming a pedophile. Not to mention that the music sounds like it came from a power rangers movie. Forgive me if I am wrong but Mina gave off a different vibe in the manga. She seemed intelligent and quite confident. But in this she seems like a typical stupid kid. Doesn't really make sense considering that shes the queen of all vampires and helped make a special district in japan.

This better pick up in the next episode or I am dropping. But if this continues then this will be like Rosario+vampire was to me. Deeply disappointing.
AidanAK47Jan 14, 2010 3:20 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 14, 2010 2:21 PM

Apr 2008
AidanAK47 said:
I knew that this had the same director as Moon phase

..........that explains everything =_=
Jan 14, 2010 2:32 PM

Aug 2009
I can say that I am impressed, compare to what I've seen in the first episode. (I haven't read the manga. Meh)

But, the whole amnesia part was unoriginal. I appreciate their attempt of trying to make an original story. It's really good. However, they should've made it better than this.

Overall, way better than first episode 'GAME SHOW LOL'. Animation is certainly better. Not sure about OP and ED though.
Jan 14, 2010 2:34 PM

Mar 2008
Episode 1 was innovative, but this one was also not bad, in other ways though. I enjoyed it for what it was without knowing the manga.

The things I have to criticize are:
- naked child body is not really something you have to show.
- OP was ok, but not your usual SHAFT work
- photos in between are good for the budget but don't fit this show
- the vampire forms are totally stupid, is this some kind of shounen weekly enemy?
- the "strong queen" being all weak was not really logical

Well, this time I might really check out a bit of the manga just to make sure...

BTW, the first 1,5 minutes were really great. SHAFT as we love them.
Jan 14, 2010 2:51 PM

Oct 2009
AidanAK47 said:
Mina gave off a different vibe in the manga. She seem intelligent and quite confident.

I agree to that.
However I liked thoes episodes a lot. The story is diffrient from manga so it's like new vol. to read. Can't wait for the rest eps and new season.
Jan 14, 2010 3:22 PM

Feb 2008
I really enjoyed that.
Jan 14, 2010 3:24 PM

Jan 2009
Sucks balls and the lolicon parts are pretty disturbing. *gags on the badness of the show* Ugh....
Jan 14, 2010 3:29 PM
Jan 2009
ummm... somewhat of an improvement from #1...
Jan 14, 2010 3:36 PM
Dec 2007
The first ep was great and promising, but this second ep turned vastly dissapointing/generic. Nothing new or interesting here, just a vampire shonen show like there are tons of nowadays. Even Shinbou's direction didn't save anything and the twist was average at most.

Spade said:
I liked the Opening but the episode itself was kinda generic. The first was way better and more creative.

My thought exactly.
JacutJan 14, 2010 3:41 PM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 14, 2010 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
OrochiPL said:
Nozomu Tamaki said:
I think we have done a good job to it, even me reading the script thinks it's interesting.

He shouldn't think so much...

Exactly my view... Someone stop this asshole from thinking. We had two disappointing episodes because of this idiot.

How is lame amnesia, and Mina acting like a human helpless stupid child is better? And i haven't even read the manga yet but still found it bad and am certain that whatever is in the manga, is better. If i see you anywhere mister Tamaki i would kick you in the face.
Jan 14, 2010 3:53 PM
Jan 2008
I think this show goes too far in the lolicon parts. They are near the edge of what is barely bearable. It shouldn´t be allowed or it should be censured. I bet some pedo... are having a feast with this sh...

I'm definitly pondering giving up on this show.
Jan 14, 2010 4:06 PM

Jun 2008
gorki said:
I think this show goes too far in the lolicon parts. They are near the edge of what is barely bearable. It shouldn´t be allowed or it should be censured. I bet some pedo... are having a feast with this sh...

Oh! for the love of God don't you people have anything else to talk about? Why the heck to you care what some pedo does and i highly doubt he expected an anime so he can have a feast.
If you want to give it up because it offends your sense of prudency then please do it and leave us alone.
Jan 14, 2010 4:07 PM

Nov 2007
At least this one was better than the previous ep.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 14, 2010 4:15 PM

Apr 2008
Monad said:
gorki said:

Oh! for the love of God don't you people have anything else to talk about? Why the heck to you care what some pedo does and i highly doubt he expected an anime so he can have a feast.
If you want to give it up because it offends your sense of prudency then please do it and leave us alone.

SO freakin right. Honestly the show and plot ain't centered around that tiny aspect that seems to squeak so many. Then again so far the anime version has minimal plot. >_>
Jan 14, 2010 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
Jacut said:
Even Shinbou's direction didn't save anything

Orlly? By laying low this time and refrain from replacing action sequences with random images and toilet paper scrolls, that saved this bad ep from turning into shitty quality so I guess he did a nice job this time around; or maybe it's just better if he doesn't direct....at all?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 14, 2010 4:36 PM

Feb 2009
Well I guess this answers how they were gonna do the censoring. But don't forget that a child's body is considered something immature and thus unattractive in Japanese culture, only we people in the west are gonna cry for pedobear in this kind of case. We do have a sick mind after all. :)

Wolf boy saves vampire princess plot, eh? Not what you'd call original but oh well, I'll keep watching to see if this gets better.
Jan 14, 2010 5:19 PM

Oct 2009
Alexstratz said:
Well I guess this answers how they were gonna do the censoring. But don't forget that a child's body is considered something immature and thus unattractive in Japanese culture, only we people in the west are gonna cry for pedobear in this kind of case. We do have a sick mind after all. :)
Well... i always thought that the Japanese had some very sick minds.
Jan 14, 2010 5:29 PM

Jan 2008
Gogetters said:
Alexstratz said:
Well... i always thought that the Japanese had some very sick minds.

I'm sure the Japanese also feel the same about the west, most specifically America. =]
Jan 14, 2010 5:31 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Too bad Mina has a body of a kid. :P

Jan 14, 2010 6:16 PM

Jul 2009
Well since I never even heard of the manga or read it for that matter, I really liked this ep. the part where he transforms into a werewolf was wicked awesome
Jan 14, 2010 6:35 PM

Feb 2008
Definitely an improvement from the first episode. Actually got me interested now.

Maybe I'll pick up the manga.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.