Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2010 7:40 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode, loved the action. Mina was very cute when she was hiding in the bushes :>
Although her voice doesn't really seem to match to me... It sounds like Nagi from Kannagi for some reason :l

The opening song was also great :> And lol @ the C part
[right]

Jan 13, 2010 9:27 PM
Apr 2009
ahh they dont folow the manga xD
but its fine, it was a very good episode indeed
animation is good, they put the rubbing mina body with oil part
they create a memory loss into akira which is lame.. i guess
how can he forget about mina, that he is a werewolf lol wtf
so it may be acceptable if they change the story a bit i'll look foward to episode 3.

( edited after watching episode 2 subbed.)
type_XEJan 14, 2010 8:43 AM
Jan 13, 2010 11:30 PM

Mar 2008
I am disappointed. OP in my opinion terrible. I'm very surprised because I usually had a good SHAFT OP. A few times it was even stupid. Mina hiding in the bushes or when it appeared the next weakling she could not deal with it themselves. She may look like a child, yet she is the queen of vampires. Memory loss in Akira? OK, you can forget about any little girl but that he is a werewolf!? Maybe next EP will be better but as long as it is not good.
At least the fight and animation was pretty good.

Jan 13, 2010 11:59 PM
Nov 2009
The OP was nice, matches the mood of this show. As for the ED I wish it wasn't just a picture of Mina. The episode wasn't too bad either, even though it's obvious now that it's not going to follow the manga. Oh well, as long as the show turns out to be decent it doesn't really matter. Wasn't expecting to see Akira transform so soon, that was a surprise ^^
This one felt like the true episode 1, unlike what we watched last week.
Jan 14, 2010 1:47 AM
Dec 2008
I still have hope they animate volume 5 of the mango D:. Cool episode, the action scenes were great to watch and of course the Mina and Akira interaction was really well made. Memory loss Akira not so much though...

I like the OP (Not my favorite of the season, but still nice)
Jan 14, 2010 5:18 AM

Nov 2008
If there are guys who liked the exposure of that loli chicken breast, I'm really sure I never ever want to meet them.

The ED animation is still as uninspiring as first. I'm sure SHAFT is trying to save money on that to use it on Bakemono. (Which is right about damn time now.) Not really any comments on the OP though, I liked the animations and appearances of Akira and Mina, which stayed constant during the whole episode. I especially liked both their glowing eyes and facial appearances. That was pretty smoothly animated, gotta give it to them.

For the rest I have no idea how they will develop the plot, it was nowhere the same as the last episode. The fact that Akira all of a sudden turns into a werewolf was kind of 'meh'.
EDIT: Wait, aren't werewolves and vampires supposed to be 'archenemies', or is that just a Twilight fantasy? If so, please don't tell me it's true, because then this may turn out to be yet another love story based on two polars. Because that's a thing I can't face. Reality isn't that pure.
desolatoJan 14, 2010 5:25 AM
Jan 14, 2010 5:19 AM

May 2007
I haven't read the manga, but revealing her body turned me off a bit ... even if she may be like 100 years old or something.
Jan 14, 2010 5:53 AM

Jan 2008
Wait, aren't werewolves and vampires supposed to be 'archenemies', or is that just a Twilight fantasy? If so, please don't tell me it's true, because then this may turn out to be yet another love story based on two polars. Because that's a thing I can't face. Reality isn't that pure.

Decent episode overall. Washboard sequence was a turnoff but there aren't many such scenes in the manga. Animation is fluid, as can be seen in the OP (dance). Plot is so far going nowhere.

3.5/5

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jan 14, 2010 6:03 AM

Apr 2009
desolato said:
If there are guys who liked the exposure of that loli chicken breast, I'm really sure I never ever want to meet them.

Other than that occurrence, episode two was a vast improvement. Although, the improvement was more so in animation rather than story... I mean, nothing really unexpected or particularly amazing happened. I also don't quite understand why SHAFT is blindly throwing metaphors at us, but I guess that's just their style ┐(-。ー;)┌.
ReaperEXEJan 14, 2010 6:27 AM
Jan 14, 2010 6:09 AM

Apr 2008
Is this some kind of bad joke? so let me get this straight. Despite having only 12 episodes to air they set back the relation between Mina and Akira through the most overused cheap excuse called amnesia after that craptastic plotless filler of a first episode? Man this isn't doing much to increase my hopes of this being a decent adaptation.

Also WTF is with the crappy vampire real forms all the time =_= first a lizard now a spider =_=

at least some of the BGM's sound decent
Darklight0303Jan 14, 2010 6:14 AM
Jan 14, 2010 6:18 AM

Sep 2007
I liked the Opening but the episode itself was kinda generic. The first was way better and more creative.
Jan 14, 2010 6:18 AM

Oct 2009
This episode was crazy! Japan has gone far out in American terms but we here in Europe would tolerate this kind of thing more...we are after all more mature in history terms. Yuki introduction was great! I really like her face and hair arrangement=>
. School uniform looks a little similar to Vampire Knight. Akira's introduction was excellent because they showed some of his memories, explained partially why the lost and even showed in werewolf form using the way of emotional survival/to save someone (Mina). The monster was nice (spider person with gruesome face). The only thing I did not like is Mina, senseless biting here=>
just to prove to Akira/maybe jolt his memory that she is the princess of vampires. Well they did their dues on Mina being naked with nipples so I will do my due in the NSFW format to all fans! All direct links are NSFW...for you to see and judge=> Find that the Apache AH-64 was well done too=>
. Akira's slicing in half the spider deserves a GIF-> So does Mine here=>
Why do I have the feeling this guy will betray Akira somehow=>
Akira's memories revealed this scene=>
I suppose this one is of Mina when she was younger meeting for the first time Akira?Akira's memories revealed this scene=>
This someone? Or is it something? Not quite sure about this one...anyone?Akira's memories revealed this scene=>
Euh, a weight? What is this part of his memory?Akira's memories revealed this scene=>
I suppose this is some kind of place or ritual? What does it have to do with Akira? (Manga readers looking at you!). Overall it was good but they should make Mina's nipples a lot better than that with better colors. This being said Akira's wolf form was amazingly done well!
desolato said:

Not me but fans do and I show the fans what they want so I am with the flat chest community but don't get me wrong as your friend....I just like them 18 but with a flat concept or at least not big like in Ladies VS Butlers
desolato said:
The ED animation is still as uninspiring as first. I'm sure SHAFT is trying to save money on that to use it on Bakemono. (Which is right about damn time now.) Not really any comments on the OP though, I liked the animations and appearances of Akira and Mina, which stayed constant during the whole episode. I especially liked both their glowing eyes and facial appearances. That was pretty smoothly animated, gotta give it to them.

Yes but also OP is well done with the Akira x Mina. I do agree with you on the animations and appearances of Akira and Mina being nice.
desolato said:
For the rest I have no idea how they will develop the plot, it was nowhere the same as the last episode. The fact that Akira all of a sudden turns into a werewolf was kind of 'meh'.
EDIT: Wait, aren't werewolves and vampires supposed to be 'archenemies', or is that just a Twilight fantasy? If so, please don't tell me it's true, because then this may turn out to be yet another love story based on two polars. Because that's a thing I can't face. Reality isn't that pure.
I know they are supposed to be enemies.....that is strange so far but maybe logic will explain itself in all this.
Darklight0303 said:
Is this some kind of bad joke? so let me get this straight. Despite having only 12 episodes to air they set back the relation between Mina and Akira through the most overused cheap excuse called amnesia after that craptastic plotless filler of a first episode? Man this isn't doing much to increase my hopes of this being a decent adaptation.

Also WTF is with the crappy vampire real forms all the time =_= first a lizard now a spider =_=

at least some of the BGM's sound decent

Well I think the spider was better than the lizard to be honest.
kurropt said:
I haven't read the manga, but revealing her body turned me off a bit ... even if she may be like 100 years old or something.
Oh? Some people wanted this so I give it to them but it's their choice to be addicted to this kind of thing....I provide only.
francismeunierJan 14, 2010 6:29 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 14, 2010 6:30 AM

Aug 2007
The episode was somewhat an improvement, since I wasn't bored. I'm also glad the animation has improved, but why isn't the plot moving? Its only 12 episodes, so I would have thought the pace would have increased especially with what they did in the first episode.
Jan 14, 2010 6:56 AM

Sep 2009
So the anime is wierd by default . Thought they tried to put the whole 'Camera Recorded' sort of animation in the 1st episode but seems it will prevail thoughtout the entire show.

The transitions of events was fast but i liked it .
Is Akira a werewolf or is he from a different clan of vampires?
Hmmm not that amazing OP or ED.
Expect alot from this anime...most probably might dissapoint. -hope not *crosses finger*-
Jan 14, 2010 7:06 AM

Jun 2008
I must say i expected more from this show. Well at least this episode seems to say that we won't have censors. That's a good thing and i hope it goes for violent scenes as well.

The problem is that i didn't get what the whole episode was trying to achieve. She obviously went to find that guy but a whole episode just for that didn't seem necessary to me. Also are all vampires gonna turn in to huge monsters? I don't like that. Mina crying over lover boy was annoying. You are the princesses of Vampires just kick the shit of that guy don't play the damsel in distress when you are obviously stronger.
Anyway lot's of waisted time and no real scenario yet. Hope third episode would change things.
Jan 14, 2010 7:09 AM

Aug 2009
DivineTrinity said:
but why isn't the plot moving? Its only 12 episodes, so I would have thought the pace would have increased especially with what they did in the first episode.
I'm just assuming but given the way that this is the way Natsu no Arashi went, they're probably waiting on a season 2. Just assuming.

-Love the OP. Fits the show well.

-I liked the first episode but this was a lot better. Really consistent animation throughout which is a nice treat coming off shows that tend to lose it after the first episode. Spider Vampire was....weird but after the gecko vampire last episode, I'm just gonna get used to it. I had to watch it a second time to see what happened but I kinda double-taked at Akira slicing the spider in half.

-I haven't read the manga (definitely will after this is over though) but I guess I'm glad that it's not following it considering that it's still ongoing and we wouldn't want SHAFT to leave off at some random point would we? If they're gonna do their own thing and the product comes out good, I'd rather we have that then a made up ending that completely kills how much we enjoy it.

-The omake preview was hi-larious. "Who wants some fresh werewolf cuts?"
Jan 14, 2010 7:11 AM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
I must say i expected more from this show. Well at least this episode seems to say that we won't have censors. That's a good thing and i hope it goes for violent scenes as well.

I saw another station TVA and only AT-X will have the censors out I would think.
Monad said:
The problem is that i didn't get what the whole episode was trying to achieve. She obviously went to find that guy but a whole episode just for that didn't seem necessary to me. Also are all vampires gonna turn in to huge monsters? I don't like that.
A cheaper way to meet Akira, his memories and his awakening with introducing Yuki/school and more of Mina/gel that protects/people going after her life.
Monad said:
Mina crying over lover boy was annoying. You are the princesses of Vampires just kick the shit of that guy don't play the damsel in distress when you are obviously stronger.
Hey.....she can't control that monster because she is not the monster of it....can she do other thing by chance?

Jan 14, 2010 7:12 AM

Mar 2009
an improvement, no point to argue there, but mainly animationvise, story, well...akira and mina did meet :3 so I guess there's somewhat of an improvement

oh well, they seem to be making their own show without following the manga much, I dunno what to think of it, but it'll probably be worse than teh manga, could still get great though :x
Jan 14, 2010 7:15 AM

May 2009
Oh, I like this development :D
Jan 14, 2010 7:18 AM

Oct 2009
Well, I thought this episode was waaay better than the first one content-wise, but I still can't shake the feeling that SHAFT is being cheap on this series like they were with Bakemonogatari (photographs instead of drawn backgrounds, only 1 picture instead of an animated ending, ultra-wide-screen on some scenes). I guess we'll see when the DVDs are out. Action scenes were nice though, and spider-vampire looked cooler than that lizard-thing we got last ep. Mina is still cute, but I wish she wouldn't try to sound so old on purpose.
Jan 14, 2010 7:19 AM

Apr 2008
Monad said:
Mina crying over lover boy was annoying. You are the princesses of Vampires just kick the shit of that guy don't play the damsel in distress when you are obviously stronger.

QFMFT. Mina acting like a damsel in distress in such a situation is soo OOC it freakin hurts to watch =_=
Jan 14, 2010 7:20 AM

May 2009
meh episode imo.... so many things happend..and i hated the OP

and akira suffers from amnesia?! is that rly necessary?

and btw wasn't the pres blond??
Jan 14, 2010 7:26 AM

Nov 2007
SHAFT's rather literal take on the series title in the OP sequence amused me. As for the episode itself, well... I guess I'll have to give myself amnesia of ever having read the manga if I am to watch this and enjoy it properly. Seems like SHAFT is disregarding their own trailer and going original. Oh well, either that or a super compressed manga plot so it's all for the better. I pray their new take on the story would be good on its own right.

In short, manga wise this ep is terrible.
On it's own it's still decent, but has some crappy plot decisions. (amnesia, just great)
In SHAFT, I hope to trust.
Jan 14, 2010 7:45 AM

Nov 2008
It was a lot better than the previous one, but it still has something missing... Hope the show gets better next week.
Jan 14, 2010 8:06 AM

Oct 2009
LVader said:
It was a lot better than the previous one, but it still has something missing... Hope the show gets better next week.
Yeah it is missing werewolf action with vampire sucking. Action! Action! People!

Jan 14, 2010 8:20 AM
Oct 2008
I don't know what I think about this episode, but the stalking ribbon i bushes was so cute!
And Akira being a werewolf? I don't know, could be fail, could be awesome, who knows ? :S

And seriously, just me that found this kind of ... creepy? ----->
Jan 14, 2010 8:40 AM

Jan 2009
"Does your stomach hurt?" ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
Anywho, sweet OP, was hopping for something good ( ̄ー ̄)
Woo damn is it nice to hear Tomoya (Nakamura Yuuichi) again? ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ Not expected, but great ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
Also, I didn't really expect some kind of amnesia-like backstory ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Oh and since this is the first real episode, I refrained from any serious analyzing ʘ‿ʘ during the previous one ツ
But GAH I WANT THE LATEST ARC ANIMATED NAAOOOOO ヽ(`Д´)ノ
Oh sorry about that ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 14, 2010 8:50 AM
Aug 2009
Oooh Damn I was about to give up until the last part. Akira with amnesia is not cool BUT he got them memories back! I am always interested about how they make animes about mangas that have not ended. I mean anyone who has read the latest chapters knows there is a lot left to be told story wise and a lot has happened, so for 12 episodes I am very unsure if they can pull it off.

Jan 14, 2010 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
huge improvement to me over episode 1.

Might not be faithful but looks like it won't be terrible now. The animation improved over the awful animation quality of episode 1, which was so overanimated I felt like puking as I watched it.

Werewolf design, while mostly shown in the shadows in the first episode, looked cool.

Mina was oddly out of character at one point though. That doesn't seem like her.
removed-userJan 14, 2010 9:02 AM
Jan 14, 2010 9:08 AM

May 2008
It was sure better than the first episode but I'm still disappointed. It coud have been made so much better.
Jan 14, 2010 9:09 AM

Jul 2009
Huh ok..Mina is so weak..is she Mina? cause i never imagine the Queen of the vampire to be like that

And where is Mina's guardian?? she is the queen dammit, even my Town's Mayor always walking with his bodyguard all around, except when he went to toilet

Akira's amnesia is kinda mehh..i mean does he remember his Father??

Does this mean the anime will have more focus on Akira x Mina's relationship than the story of the Vampire Bund? I hope it doesn't become a let down series
Jan 14, 2010 9:14 AM

Apr 2009
I don't know, so far only hearing Nakamura is enjoyable for me. Somehow, it doesn't live up to my expectations. I don't know, the last few minutes felt extremely rushed to me. And Akira randomly flying nekkid with a loli in his arms made me roll my eyes xD
Chiisus said:

No. Not only you. -shudder-
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 14, 2010 9:16 AM
Nov 2008
well all i can say is that this episode kicked ass!
Jan 14, 2010 9:31 AM

Mar 2008
Cenedess said:
I don't know, so far only hearing Nakamura is enjoyable for me. Somehow, it doesn't live up to my expectations. I don't know, the last few minutes felt extremely rushed to me. And Akira randomly flying nekkid with a loli in his arms made me roll my eyes xD
Chiisus said:

^ this.
Jan 14, 2010 9:34 AM

Aug 2009
Gaia said:
Cenedess said:
Chiisus said:

^ this.
It was very creepy.

But then I was like "Eh. It's just SHAFT being SHAFT"
Jan 14, 2010 9:38 AM
Jun 2009
it was better than epi 1...
the bgm sounds nice tho..

Gaia said:
Cenedess said:
Chiisus said:

^ this.

+1
Jan 14, 2010 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Animation was really nice, as for the plot it wasn't bad but nothing really spectacular. The after-ED part made me laugh though.
Jan 14, 2010 9:43 AM

Jul 2009
Why oh why shaft are you adding your own touch to this =(
Anything they meddle too much in turns into garbage.

Yet another ridiculous transformation and a very rushed trough, incoherent episode.
Really hope the show straighten itself up and becomes better though shaft don't really have a reputation of improving, if anything it's the other way around..

And I really don't like Mina's voice actor either, it just doesn't sound right at all for some reason.
Jan 14, 2010 10:03 AM

Oct 2009
HoaRy said:
Animation was really nice, as for the plot it wasn't bad but nothing really spectacular. The after-ED part made me laugh though.
Are at least most of the main characters introduced or there are tons more? Season 2 maybe?

Jan 14, 2010 10:14 AM

Jan 2009
EternalDreamer said:
And I really don't like Mina's voice actor either, it just doesn't sound right at all for some reason.
She doesn't really sound like she should ^^;

francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
Are at least most of the main characters introduced or there are tons more? Season 2 maybe?
You've done it once again francis, you've made me go: "Wat"
So, what'cha on about this time?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 14, 2010 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:

Nah, don't ask for Season 2 after just 2 episodes. There are a lot of shows that do a nice plot in 12 episodes.
Jan 14, 2010 10:34 AM

Oct 2009
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:

Nah, don't ask for Season 2 after just 2 episodes. There are a lot of shows that do a nice plot in 12 episodes.
Ok just wondering....what about character intros? Still lots to go?

Jan 14, 2010 10:41 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:

"Lots" and lots, there are some, but I wouldn't say "lots" : p
Jan 14, 2010 11:00 AM

Dec 2007
Kinda dissapointed that it doesn't follow the manga but still its good.
Jan 14, 2010 11:01 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:

Ok so then they should just go start the whole story about Mina and her life assasinations and the whole why if that is one of the directions it is taking but the story looks complex....it might take 2 seasons for it.

Jan 14, 2010 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:

Yeah and if SHAFT continue like this and make up their own story it becomes really hard to tell how many (if any) more of the characters from the manga we'll see.
Jan 14, 2010 11:08 AM

Mar 2009
EternalDreamer said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:

Yeah and if SHAFT continue like this and make up their own story it becomes really hard to tell how many (if any) more of the characters from the manga we'll see.

okay, that is true

I also hope for more manga plot realtions, but we can only hope. this EP was still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ep 1

they improve. they improve with every episode and we'll have most awesome anime by episode 8 lol...NO WAIT TOO LATE D:
Jan 14, 2010 11:10 AM

Jul 2009
Queen w/o SP... First lizard, now spider, what next? Can I expect some cock in the future? Action? What action? Oh, the 5 sec action against the cop and 10 sec of Akira getting smacked and 5 sec of him jumping around like a dog in heat...Right~ action indeed...Akira's transfo is way too fast....Well done, Shitbo, well done...Not that the original is a masterpiece either....<_<

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 14, 2010 11:23 AM

Feb 2008
lol this might actually have been exciting and fun...and then it turned out that way.
Jan 14, 2010 11:29 AM

May 2009
Laevantein said:
Huh ok..Mina is so weak..is she Mina? cause i never imagine the Queen of the vampire to be like that

Mina may be the Vampite Queen, yes. However, she's not emotionless. In fact, her tough exterior is what enables her to cope with the tasks she faces daily and the fact that a lot of people are after her life.

The flashbacks indicate that these two are childhood friends and that he vowed to protect her if the need ever called for it. Now that he forgot all about that or even who she really is (and what he is) makes her sad and to be honest, I can't blame her. Pretty sure any girl would cry over something like that.

And where is Mina's guardian?? she is the queen dammit, even my Town's Mayor always walking with his bodyguard all around, except when he went to toilet

Does this mean the anime will have more focus on Akira x Mina's relationship than the story of the Vampire Bund? I hope it doesn't become a let down series

Anyway, SHAFT seems to have given it a more original spin, but so far, I'm liking it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.