Forum Settings
Forums

Obama sides with transgenders, issues decree to public schools: Allow transgenders to use their bathroom of choice, or lose your federal funding.

New
May 12, 2016 11:23 PM

Apr 2014
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/12/politics/transgender-bathrooms-obama-administration/index.html

"There is no room in our schools for discrimination of any kind, including discrimination against transgender students on the basis of their sex," Attorney General Loretta Lynch said. "This guidance gives administrators, teachers and parents the tools they need to protect transgender students from peer harassment and to identify and address unjust school policies."

A joint letter from the Departments of Education and Justice will go out to schools on Friday with guidelines to ensure that "transgender students enjoy a supportive and nondiscriminatory school environment," the Obama administration said on Thursday.

There you have it guys. The boogeyman has struck.
To not start a shit storm, I won't state my opinion on this, but this is an issue that has been very controversial these past months. While this motion isn't obligating schools to follow through with the Obama Administration's demands, the schools risk losing a substantial amount of funding if they don't. Keep in mind that it's with similar threats of losing federal funding like this that strongly influences things like the legal drinking age and driving age of most states. This might as well be a law with how unavoidable it is. It's basically swallow your conservative pride and allow the leftism to flow, or be stubborn and lose a shit ton more money than you can fathom.

Now begin the discussion and/or ranting.

EDIT: Reading all the hate comments on different articles on the subject. Apparently Obama is throwing all women and girls under a bus or something, and/or everyone suddenly has pure, untouched daughters that are big rape targets now. I mean to be honest, I'm pretty neutral about all this, but there's a lot of hypocrisy in the negative comments I can't believe more people aren't seeing.

ProtakuMay 13, 2016 12:00 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 12, 2016 11:35 PM

May 2014
It seems to be when the views of a majority are supressed to allow a minority to do what is not allowed by others then democracy hasn't just failed, its been ignored completely.
Unisex bathrooms should just be introduced because this will cause problems and understandably so.
I've been here way too long...
May 12, 2016 11:45 PM

Jan 2009
all this LGBT terms, here in our poor country we just usually refer to all of them as gays or tomboys only and from what i observe they use either restrooms of their choice depending on how they dress and look, if the gay is dress like a woman for example then he can enter the female restroom since his female disguise is perfect

but there is no harm done if they can give this LGBT people their own unified restrooms in public
May 13, 2016 12:06 AM

Jun 2008
We can't have unisex bathrooms because thanks to feminazis, every man is a potential rapist/depraved pervert...

So the next best thing is just to have a third bathroom...

But then again, they won't like that because they'll feel like they're not normal or whatever...

And people are too freaked out about a regular guy dressing up as a girl or saying he's a girl just so he can enter the girls room...

I literally have no idea what the situation is....thankfully I'm no longer in school and don't have to deal with this bullshit.
May 13, 2016 12:22 AM

Apr 2014
JustALEX said:

I literally have no idea what the situation is....thankfully I'm no longer in school and don't have to deal with this bullshit.

Well you'll still hear a lot of people complain about it that's for sure.
May 13, 2016 12:35 AM

Feb 2016
Seems like they're just foregoing the majority for the minority.

Alot of students probably won't be comfortable going to the bathroom now...

Did Obama just decide to "yolo" since his term end is drawing near? :|

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 13, 2016 12:59 AM

Mar 2008
I bet there will be an increase of assault of trans people in bathrooms because of this.
May 13, 2016 1:47 AM

May 2014
Trump cant come sooner , im honestly just curious to see how he will handle this shit when confronted on live television :^)
May 13, 2016 3:15 AM

Nov 2011
fucking hell just let them piss where they want bathrooms have stalls you can go in so you dont even have to look at them if you're that fucking bothered by it. Cant imagine there's that many openly transgender kids in American schools anyway
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
May 13, 2016 5:13 AM

Jun 2014
People like to create issue's where none exist. Transgender is not a new thing, but now people are so worried about who is peeing next to them? Or about people posing as the opposite gender to perve and/or rape people?

Cause you hear about that on the news everyday. Oh, wait...you don't.
May 13, 2016 7:45 AM
Jan 2016
Maybe now my friend can answer the question ive always had....how does the girls bathroom look like
May 13, 2016 10:21 AM

Mar 2013
Disgusting that they're targeting children with this insane propaganda.
May 13, 2016 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
Go ahead and let them go for it, who cares where someone pees or shits?

Oh right, assholes, go ahead and get salty and constipated :p
May 13, 2016 1:06 PM

Apr 2014
traed said:
I bet there will be an increase of assault of trans people in bathrooms because of this.

Oh yeah, there's that too. Incidents like that would probably make headlines too.
May 13, 2016 1:18 PM

Mar 2014
ZA_WAYD said:
Trump cant come sooner , im honestly just curious to see how he will handle this shit when confronted on live television :^)

He already has talked about this and says he feels transgenders can use the bathroom they are most comfortable in.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/opinions/trump-transgender-bathrooms-opinion-cupp/
May 13, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2015
About fucking time Obama laid down the ban hammer. Conservatives are being to PC about this and just keep proving on how out of touch they are with the american people.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 13, 2016 2:07 PM
Aug 2014
Still havent decided how i feel about this yet. In these LGBT questions my basic formula was always "Do they hurt anybody?" to which the answer be it, gay acceptance in general, gay people marrying, gay adoption and so on, always was a no.
But im gradually losing my certainty, transgender dude in MMA kicking the shit out of a woman... choosing whatever bathroom you want... expecting people to learn a bazillion fucking new pronouns..... maybe im just getting old.
May 13, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2011
Things have changed.
May 13, 2016 2:24 PM

Aug 2013
Discrimination is not to be tolerated...unless that discrimination is saying fuck you to girls who don't want boys in their bathroom.

The needs of the very very very few change laws that effect the very many, seems fair.

Numbers wise theres probably more girls who have been abused by men and don't want them or panic when even thinking of sharing a public bathroom with a man than transgendered people who are so thrown out over bathrooms but fuck em.
SpooksMay 13, 2016 2:28 PM
May 13, 2016 3:35 PM

Jan 2016
traed said:

yeah like "hii boys.. do i look pretty? ♩ ♪" hmm, i wonder what could possibly happen.. :D
May 13, 2016 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
Found this image floating around with the caption:
"To all Americans suggesting transgenders have their own bathroom, this is the same logic you're perpetuating." Thoughts?
May 13, 2016 4:03 PM

Mar 2008
Protaku said:
Found this image floating around with the caption:
"To all Americans suggesting transgenders have their own bathroom, this is the same logic you're perpetuating." Thoughts?

Well not entirely. The same can be accomplished with male, female, and unisex aka "gets ucomftorable" and "doesnt give a fuck" but that dosnt have a segregatory system to it.
May 13, 2016 5:26 PM

Dec 2012
The Federal Reich finally goes on the attack. Just one step closer to unlimited government and these left fools don't even realize how dependent they'll be once it's too late.

What baffles me even more, however, is how transgender has no basis in reality. It's a feeling. It is not a scientific principle or an established observation of reality. It's an emotion. I am an octopus. My birth species does not reflect the species I identify with. You cannot disprove me because I don't need evidence, it's how I feel.

There was absolutely no reason for the federal government to get involved when the entire basis of transgender identity is based off of arbitrary sensations. I could have understood if this was a little following that got ignored like Westboro Baptist church, but the fact that it's gained so much momentum and is treated like a norm is literally terrifying.
May 13, 2016 5:35 PM

Jan 2016
my opinion is that is totally wrong to let men pee in girls bathrooms, c'mon now, this is inconceivable, theres little girls and teens and old ladies that need to use it.
May 13, 2016 6:06 PM

May 2016
Bacardi-x-Cola said:

This is exactly how I feel. I don't really get the point of gender assigned bathrooms anyways. If a man wants to rape someone in the bathroom, it's not like a sign with stick figure in a skirt is going to stop him.
May 13, 2016 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
my main problem is that there'll be tumblrtards who demand to be able to use whatever bathroom they want even though they're not actually trans, or screaming about 'injustice' because there's not a 'gender neutral' bathroom or something.. other than that, i say if somebody is actually near being post, or on hormones, or post-op, they should go for it.

KingSwisher said:
Bacardi-x-Cola said:

This is exactly how I feel. I don't really get the point of gender assigned bathrooms anyways. If a man wants to rape someone in the bathroom, it's not like a sign with stick figure in a skirt is going to stop him.

bathroom rape rarely happens. it's far too public a place to assault someone, not to say it's never happened, but an assailant would have to be a pretty stupid one to do that in the bathroom.
May 13, 2016 6:57 PM

Aug 2013
KingSwisher said:
Bacardi-x-Cola said:

No but people will notice if a man walks into the girls bathrooms if its law nobody will bat an eye who walks in. Kind of makes it a lot easier for camera upskirt pervs and lets not kid ourselves those guys will use any law to their advantage and will take advantage. If we're expecting people to just "do the right thing" we really expect too much of humans.
May 13, 2016 7:30 PM

Mar 2015
So if the tens of thousands of school buildings in the US must now all contain at least one transgender bathroom, who is going to pay for it? The Government is broke, and so are the local school districts. It certainly won't be cheap. Obama issued this without a single consideration for its implementation.
The sword that takes life gives life
May 13, 2016 7:55 PM

Apr 2014
Top_Sergeant said:
So if the tens of thousands of school buildings in the US must now all contain at least one transgender bathroom, who is going to pay for it? The Government is broke, and so are the local school districts. It certainly won't be cheap. Obama issued this without a single consideration for its implementation.

What? Obama made it so there wouldn't be a need for such bathrooms, now transgenders can use whatever bathroom they associate with.
May 14, 2016 1:15 AM

Apr 2015
*wears wig and skirt

"I'm a girl so let me in, guys! Let's shower together!"
#CHEXIT
May 14, 2016 1:46 AM

Aug 2013
Imeon said:
*wears wig and skirt

"I'm a girl so let me in, guys! Let's shower together!"

this is to show the code limit cause all i wanted to post was the video
May 14, 2016 3:50 AM

May 2014
JustALEX said:
We can't have unisex bathrooms because thanks to feminazis, every man is a potential rapist/depraved pervert...

Look I'm all for equality and all, but unisex bathrooms is a bad, BAD idea...atleast for the current and older generations. But for the next and future generations I guess through social engineering it could become the new nomal idk
May 14, 2016 6:44 AM

Mar 2015
Protaku said:
Top_Sergeant said:

What? Obama made it so there wouldn't be a need for such bathrooms, now transgenders can use whatever bathroom they associate with.

That will teach me not to read MSNBC articles lol.
The sword that takes life gives life
May 14, 2016 7:34 AM

Mar 2008
lolatusenpai said:
JustALEX said:

Look I'm all for equality and all, but unisex bathrooms is a bad, BAD idea...atleast for the current and older generations. But for the next and future generations I guess through social engineering it could become the new nomal idk

Nah it's fine if designed a certain way. Basically you could just design it to be a mix between single restrooms and the stalled restrooms. Basically stalls but with normal doors so there is total privacy. Then you have either security cameras ( only in the sink area of course) or a restroom attendant.
May 14, 2016 9:03 PM

Apr 2015
BY the way..... How can we be sure that TRANSGENDER MALES will visit OUR MALE bathroom. All that gets crowded are Females and Transgender females in FEMALE bathrooms.....

That's unfair.
#CHEXIT
May 14, 2016 11:31 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Lolz, i guess Obama decided to yolo dat shit with the end of his term
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 21, 2016 10:01 AM
Mar 2016
kinda funny, transgenders make up like 2% of the population don't they? isn't a democracy supposed to be majority rule?
May 21, 2016 12:45 PM

May 2016
Under the constitution, cultural issues like this are supposed to be handled by the states. WTF! How the fuck does he have the power to coerce local entities like that?
May 21, 2016 1:33 PM

Sep 2013
YatoKirigaya said:
Under the constitution, cultural issues like this are supposed to be handled by the states. WTF! How the fuck does he have the power to coerce local entities like that?

Executive Orders and Hussein II just wants make a lasting impression by doing a ton of shit before he leaves office.
May 21, 2016 2:45 PM

Jan 2011
Burn it all to the ground.
May 27, 2016 12:53 PM

Oct 2011
This is why we need more funding to treat mental illness.
May 31, 2016 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
you radicals really like to use the term 'mental illness' to describe sexual orientations and identities that have been proven to not be a choice, but have long since been distanced from that vulgarity and are socially accepted nowadays. how outdatedly cliche of you.

and no, i'm not talking about the tumblr snowflakes. there are actual transgendered and lgb people. of course, you're just too blinded by your own ignorance to realize as such. you think we should all be incarcerated in a mental ward or something for existing?
May 31, 2016 12:37 AM
Jul 2015
I'm unsure where the limit lies for how much society should accept.

I don't think this is past the threshold, but I guess time will tell. Eventually, when being transgender stops being a fashion trend, we'll be left with the people who genuinely have those feelings, and we'll see how they integrate. For now, I won't raise an objection.
May 31, 2016 3:56 PM

Mar 2013
dizzyur said:
you radicals really like to use the term 'mental illness' to describe sexual orientations and identities that have been proven to not be a choice, but have long since been distanced from that vulgarity and are socially accepted nowadays. how outdatedly cliche of you.

and no, i'm not talking about the tumblr snowflakes. there are actual transgendered and lgb people. of course, you're just too blinded by your own ignorance to realize as such. you think we should all be incarcerated in a mental ward or something for existing?

Yes because something is socially accepted means everyone must accept it without question. Any contrary opinions are radical and outdated. Go shill somewhere else. Homosexuality is not genetic, you do not deserve special treatment.
May 31, 2016 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Riki_Oh said:
dizzyur said:

Yes because something is socially accepted means everyone must accept it without question. Any contrary opinions are radical and outdated. Go shill somewhere else. Homosexuality is not genetic, you do not deserve special treatment.

I'm actually bisexual, but you probably think that's impossible. And I don't want to be specialized, I've always strived for normalcy in my case, and that's not just limited to my sexuality. I have issues, and I don't want to have them. I'd kiiiiiiiillll to be 'normal' in some aspects, bubby ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Never said homosexuality or being lgbtq is genetic, by the way, obviously two people of the opposite sex had to procreate to make a child who turned out to be lgbt, likely they were both straight. It's different brain chemistry, of course, you call that an illness like the outdated moron you are.

Either way, obviously there should be some restrictions as to who is allowed to enter bathrooms, men shouldn't going around claiming to be women when they're obviously men attempting to use transgenderism as an excuse to be a fucking creep (though that hardly happens in the first place, since most assailants who think to assault a woman in a bathroom are idiots for attempting to do it in such a public space), but there is nothing wrong with people who are going through HRT or have ALREADY TRANSITIONED using the bathroom of their transitioned gender. There is nothing wrong with that.

Moreover, the fact that many of you like to use a case where a man strutted into a bathroom and attempted to assault a little girl as the basis for your arguments against transgender inclusive bathrooms, despite the fact that the man NEVER stated he was a transwoman, and was promptly charged and arrested for his crimes? That's flawed to say the least, and is a completely separate issue. Had these two things, the bathroom law and the attempted assault, not coincided as far as timing went, nobody would be making comparisons and the far right would just be continually spouting their usual drivel, but now they're trying to use a completely unrelated event or events to back their arguments, and yeah, that's asinine.

Look, I'm not talking about special snowflakes, I'm talking about people who're actually trying to go through surgery and hormones to transition or those who've already done it. The idiot tumblrinas and actual trans people are as different as night as day, you can claim them to be one conglomerate as much as you like, but that doesn't make them any less opposites. Actual lgbt people have fought for acceptance, and all the attention seekers do is whine and gripe about how they're being oppressed for the sake of gaining sympathy. Learn the difference.

There's a video that I've been meaning to post in this thread, actually, pretty much sums up my feelings on the issue.
removed-userMay 31, 2016 4:21 PM
May 31, 2016 7:17 PM

May 2016
Good. I love to see the republicans cry and bitch.
May 31, 2016 7:36 PM

Jun 2013
Just let people do what they want. It's not like trans kids are hurting anyone, and literally nothing was stopping people from creeping in bathrooms before. I've never seen a guard or cameras posted outside of a bathroom. If there's intent, perpetrators will find a way to exercise their sick fantasies, regardless of whatever laws are in place.

On a separate note, trans kids have been allowed to use whatever washrooms they identify with at my school for over a year and nothing's happened. Not trying to draw any conclusions; I'm just putting it out there.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.