Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 12, 2016 6:49 PM

Jan 2016
fuck the world, fuck real life, fuck all the needs of my sissy spoiled little ass, doom is coming bro!!!! :D

May 12, 2016 6:50 PM

Jul 2015
fuck all the needs of my sissy spoiled little ass

Dis ain't fooling me.

OT: WOW WE CAN ACTUALLY RUN, AND IT'S (ALMOST) FAST!
May 12, 2016 7:01 PM

Jan 2016
Clebardman said:
fuck all the needs of my sissy spoiled little ass

Dis ain't fooling me.

OT: WOW WE CAN ACTUALLY RUN, AND IT'S (ALMOST) FAST!

well its like wont be needing heels and make-up to be playing doom :p
May 12, 2016 9:22 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, the hype died somewhere between the first trailer and this video apparently :p. Can't blame people, id just keeps pumping meh games since Quake III. I really hope they managed to get it right this time.
May 13, 2016 2:05 AM

Jan 2016
Clebardman said:
Damn, the hype died somewhere between the first trailer and this video apparently :p. Can't blame people, id just keeps pumping meh games since Quake III. I really hope they managed to get it right this time.

To my understanding, they did. Hell, if TotalBiscuit praises a game to high heavens during one of his streams, you know you can't go wrong with it.
May 13, 2016 5:50 AM

Apr 2015
Singleplayer has been great so far, multiplayer isn't as bad tbh.
it runs and looks great, nothing to complain about so far tbh.
May 13, 2016 5:54 AM

Oct 2014
The Nvidia video and the actual release so far means DOOM has only one thing to say to "modern" shooters, "GET REKT, BITCHES!!!"

I'm downloading right now, hopefully will play it tomorrow morning.
May 13, 2016 6:07 AM
Feb 2016
I'm ready to RIP AND TEAR! HUGE GUTS

May 18, 2016 7:34 AM
Mar 2016
finally, an old school FPS worthy of the old Doom games

I feel like this will spark a new era in FPS

no more shitty cover based shooters, no more wait and heal types

we're going back to the golden era of shooters from the 90s and early 2000s

it feels like I'm playing an old 90s FPS with modern graphics

feels good man
May 18, 2016 7:36 AM

Feb 2015
Interested in buying after I watched TotalBiscuit's video on it. Will probably get it after upgrading my PC.
May 18, 2016 7:37 AM
Mar 2016
Milennin said:
Interested in buying after I watched TotalBiscuit's video on it. Will probably get it after upgrading my PC.
you never played the old ones?

man, you've been missing out. get this and it'll change your life forever. this is the kind of game I grew up on
May 18, 2016 7:48 AM

Feb 2015
Jou-dan said:
Milennin said:

man, you've been missing out. get this and it'll change your life forever. this is the kind of game I grew up on

No, I've played the first and third game, both of which I loved. :) I just hadn't been very impressed with the footage of this new game that was shown to us before. TotalBiscuit's video changed my mind about it.
May 18, 2016 6:32 PM

Jan 2015
Milennin said:
Jou-dan said:

No, I've played the first and third game, both of which I loved. :) I just hadn't been very impressed with the footage of this new game that was shown to us before. TotalBiscuit's video changed my mind about it.

It flows incredibly well. The singleplayer does the old games justice. The glorious bastards at id Software pulled it off.

As a note, it's also incredibly well optimized. I'm running everything ultra with x16AA on my GTX 970.
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

May 18, 2016 11:20 PM
Apr 2016
Yes. this DOOM is very great. I have got it from scdkey yesterday. It seems more funny than call of duty. I think maybe i should go to DOOM 3. Because DOOM 4 is so great. Many guys said that DOOM 3 is very wonderful too.
May 19, 2016 12:47 PM

Oct 2015
I can't believe we're in a time where we can actually play doom 4.

Even more amazing is that it's not shit.
May 22, 2016 8:14 PM

Nov 2012
Anybody got any balls and some time, play my Snapmap, UAC Hazard Course.

Single player is amazingly addictive and fun, quite repetitive but still a lot of fun. Suffers from a worsened atmosphere and plot compared to Doom 3. Completely different games though, Doom 2016 is run and gun. Doom 3 was kinda survival horror.

Multiplayer sucks with its load out thing. I just wanted to be dropped into a map with all the guns from the singleplayer and shoot somebody. Now there's all these ranks and notification about some bullshit I unlocked somewhere or some bullshit points I won that I can spend on some bullshit somewhere. Good God, can't I just drop in, get access to all the weapons and powerups and leave, ffs.

Snapmap is an interesting tool but is quite restrictive. Only 12 demons, only 2 weapons at a time. They were trying to sell this as if you can make your own single player maps like in the campaign. But in reality it's clearly not meant to do that. The pistol is completely missing and you can only have two guns. This game requires modding. Snapmap cannot replace modding, it is not a sufficient modding tool. They were trying to cater to console users and modding will suffer heavily because of this.

Anyway, if anyone has any balls or time, play my snapmap, UAC Hazard Course!

May 22, 2016 8:51 PM

Mar 2015
The game just feels alright to me. I wish it was faster, but it's still ways away from being a shit game.
May 23, 2016 2:26 AM

Aug 2014
I have only been watching lets plays of it so far, but it actually looks darn amazing. Well the story isn't really all that great or clear, but the gameplay and combat is nicely fast paced and the graphics/art is done quite well.
May 23, 2016 7:17 AM

Apr 2012
I watched a whole Ultra-Nightmare playthrough and I still want this game.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 23, 2016 7:28 AM

Jul 2015
Damn, critics about the plot? Let me remember the plot of the first one... Oh yeah, it was something like:
"Scientists were teleporting things for Phobos to Deimos but something went wrong. Deimos vanished and contact with Phobos was lost. You've been sent to the surface of Phobos. The rest of you team assaulted the base while you were left guarding the ship with a pistol. For nearly an hour, you hear gunshots, roars and screams of pain through the radio. When everything goes silent, you grab your pistol and head for the base. maybe you'll be able to find a shotgun or plasma rifle to kill a bunch of those bastards before dying."

There's no place for horror or plot in Doom. It's all about the shooting and open levels.
May 23, 2016 8:28 AM

Oct 2015
Clebardman said:
Damn, critics about the plot? Let me remember the plot of the first one... Oh yeah, it was something like:
"Scientists were teleporting things for Phobos to Deimos but something went wrong. Deimos vanished and contact with Phobos was lost. You've been sent to the surface of Phobos. The rest of you team assaulted the base while you were left guarding the ship with a pistol. For nearly an hour, you hear gunshots, roars and screams of pain through the radio. When everything goes silent, you grab your pistol and head for the base. maybe you'll be able to find a shotgun or plasma rifle to kill a bunch of those bastards before dying."

There's no place for horror or plot in Doom. It's all about the shooting and open levels.

Funnily enough I would unironically say that the plot of the new DOOM is one of the best we've had in a first person shooter for quite a while.

All of the stuff about Argent Energy, Olivia and Hayden is just there to provide what little context is needed. The beauty of the plot is its simplicity - it's just the journey of doom guy (or doom marine) wrecking shit, he's basically more of a mythical figure than an actual human character, and the new doom just relishes in letting the player experience the power of this mythical figure first hand.

It has no pretensions of attempting to be atmospheric or having horror, but there is a strong visual direction here. Essentially, DOOM 2016 is a game about the DOOM fandom, and the way that the original two doom games are perceived today - and that is RIP AND TEAR, RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS! This is reflected in the design of the hell levels especially, which I really like because it looks exactly like something from a metal album cover.

It's a game that relishes in the immediate moment of escalating action, gore and boss fights, and that's what makes it so refreshing.

Also, I thought the dynamic between Doom Guy and Hayden was pretty funny, Doom guy like the player just sees Hayden as an obstacle in the way of his fun, and doesn't even care to listen to him.
May 23, 2016 8:46 AM

Dec 2014
I was initially gonna pass on this but damn it looks really good, Might consider getting it sometime in the future.
May 23, 2016 9:05 AM

Jul 2015
@Lobinde I haven't played the game, and the only footage I saw was the first awful video. Games here are down to 50% of their price three months after release (yeah, I buy my games :p). I might play it this winter.
May 23, 2016 10:18 AM

Oct 2015
Clebardman said:
@Lobinde I haven't played the game, and the only footage I saw was the first awful video. Games here are down to 50% of their price three months after release (yeah, I buy my games :p). I might play it this winter.

Oh I actually buy games too lol. I hate pirating games for some reason, even though I have no issue pirating other media. I would recommend it on a sale, the singleplayer at least is considerably faster and more fun than the promotional videos shown.
May 23, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2012
There's actually quite a lot of plot behind this game...

And the other games had plot too, although less than this one.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 23, 2016 6:54 PM

Jan 2015
Singleplayer was superb. I beat it on Hurt Me Plenty in a little under 9 hours. It was organized into walking towards circular "kill chambers" where battles would ensue. Awesome fun, and I was impressed with the lore they threw in. They set Doomguy up to be the biggest badass in the universe, created demon hierarchies, and even hinted to things in the past.

Multiplayer is bad. Got progressively worse after each alpha/beta, then the season pass drop killed everything.

SnapMap is clearly aimed at a console audience with their performance in mind. I just hope either id or someone else creates another editor somewhat along the lines of Doom editor for PC, allowing complete and total free-reign for levels. Then we will be able to get back to awesome megawads and dumb shit like nuts.wad
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

May 31, 2016 9:50 PM

Aug 2015
Singlelplayer: Beat it on Ultra-Violence. Kind of got too easy towards the end. To the Doom noobs, I'd reccomend playing on Nightmare and getting used to that difficulty... should make it more satisfying.

Multiplayer: If you like Halo's multiplayer then you will like Doom's as well. They are extremely similar. Another plus is that it is super easy to level up, unlike in Battlefield or even in Call of Duty.

SnapMap: Think of Forge mode in Halo. Pretty cool feature that I will never use.

UAC_DeltaCompany said:
Multiplayer is bad. Got progressively worse after each alpha/beta, then the season pass drop killed everything.

Yeah, what is up with this season pass bullshit? Forty bucks for a few extra maps within an already grade B multiplayer mode. I'm Echelon 1 and still don't know the names of, or really care about, the included maps. They aren't memorable or cool.

I would understand if they did some campaign addons, maybe even a standalone DLC like they did with The New Order, but forty bucks for MP maps is pushing it.
Jun 1, 2016 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't played a Doom game but I saw someone else go through this one a bit. I kind of want to go for it now.

More topics from this board

» Error 404 on Windows 9!

French-Japanese - 3 hours ago

1 by DreamWindow »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » if windows 12 become full adware will you switch to linux?

deg - Aug 23, 2023

48 by His0kaDevv »»
3 hours ago

» Your first game in your life ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

list713 - Dec 21, 2008

837 by French-Japanese »»
4 hours ago

» Recommending Buckshot Roulette

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
4 hours ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

22 by Luc36 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.