Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 12, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2011
Seriously, what's with everyone's hype over this series? Akira and pig-tailed blue-haired pigtailed girl are tsunderes,, Akari is saccharine, and Alice is bland.

The least annoying character of this series is Ai-chan. She is not a jerk, nor is she saccharine. The more original of a cast full of unoriginal characters. She was unnecessary but still not as bad as the other characters.

This anime has one of the most clichéd, worst stories I've ever came across.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
May 12, 2016 12:10 PM

Mar 2015
it goes progressed better later on... and the more you know character, the sweeter they are.. especially origination... their relationship is just pure gold... the story also very solid... my only grudge againt this series is this feel soo empty and lifeless...

wait, you rate barakamon 7, azumanga daion and non non biyori 6, usagi drop 5, nichijou 3... if SOL is not your things, how you can try this shows in the first place?
KumaMay 12, 2016 12:16 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 12, 2016 12:18 PM

Jan 2016
The way the characters are makes the show as therapeutic and lighthearted as ever. It simply is not for you, then, I guess.
May 12, 2016 12:19 PM

Apr 2015
How can Akira and Aika even a tsundere when this anie has no romance at all, and the thing that Aria superbs in is the atmosphere which you can't found it literally on any other anime.
May 12, 2016 12:20 PM
Jan 2013
Oh das cause you got no sooooooooul
gone bai bai
May 12, 2016 12:31 PM

Jun 2011
Mkim said:

I have no soul? *shrugs*

CapitalistGod said:
The way the characters are makes the show as therapeutic and lighthearted as ever. It simply is not for you, then, I guess.

How could watching characters bicker is light-hearted and therapeutic?

You said:
How can Akira and Aika even a tsundere when this anie has no romance at all, and the thing that Aria superbs in is the atmosphere which you can't found it literally on any other anime.

Again, watching characters bicker is not atmospheric. Something like Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth's got better atmosphere than this.
Angry_Anime_NerdMay 12, 2016 12:36 PM
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
May 12, 2016 12:33 PM
Jan 2013
pinkarray said:
Mkim said:

I have no soul? *shrugs*
No, it's not that you have no soul
It's that you have no sooooooooooul
gone bai bai
May 12, 2016 12:41 PM

Jan 2016
Wait, bicker? Well, I guess the point of this anime went over your head.
May 12, 2016 2:25 PM

Jun 2011
Kuma said:
wait, you rate barakamon 7, azumanga daion and non non biyori 6, usagi drop 5, nichijou 3... if SOL is not your things, how you can try this shows in the first place?

Because I heard really good things about this series especially origination, natural etc. The plot of it didn't look too bad, I mean, maybe a bit too silly but okay. And I heard it was a really happy and funny series with rarely a drama moment in there. That's why I thought it would be good for me.

And there's one SOL anime I liked, Whisper of the heart, it's a Studio Ghibli movie.

May 12, 2016 2:32 PM

Mar 2015
pinkarray said:
Kuma said:

Because I heard really good things about this series especially origination, natural etc. The plot of it didn't look too bad, I mean, maybe a bit too silly but okay. And I heard it was a really happy and funny series with rarely a drama moment in there. That's why I thought it would be good for me.

And there's one SOL anime I liked, Whisper of the heart, it's a Studio Ghibli movie.
the problem is SOL is soo freaking wide... just because it's look like ghibli, doesn't mean it's ghibli... movie is designed to watch in one go, so the atmospheric effect will supposed to work once and that's it... but if it's repeated, it become saturated.... marathoning SOL ghibli movie also can feel same... that's why most SOL is designed to watch with delay... TV series usually more fleshed in character and relationship but rarely story, with more atmospheric environment of series...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 19, 2016 9:10 AM

Feb 2015
I'm not terribly sure how you want to have a substantive argument only putting forward stuff like "this anime has one of the most clichéd, worst stories I've ever came across", "Alice is bland", "Akari is saccharine", etc.

If your aim is to just hear if it's worth continuing, I'd advise to stick around 'till the second half of Natural. Animation is admittedly pretty weak, but as a fan of what the franchise becomes, I'm very lenient towards it.
May 20, 2016 5:38 PM

Jun 2011
TheRefractingOne said:
I'm not terribly sure how you want to have a substantive argument only putting forward stuff like "this anime has one of the most clichéd, worst stories I've ever came across", "Alice is bland", "Akari is saccharine", etc.

If your aim is to just hear if it's worth continuing, I'd advise to stick around 'till the second half of Natural. Animation is admittedly pretty weak, but as a fan of what the franchise becomes, I'm very lenient towards it.

Maybe I went a little bit too far with the bland subject, but something about Alice bothers me. I don't know if it's her serious demeaner or what. And the storytelling was corny to me, there was no plot, it was typical slice-of-life anime.

I do not like short-tempered characters and that's what blue-haired pig-tailed girl and Akira were.

I don't know about Ai since I didn't see her very much let alone know her but she doesn't seem to be a goody-two-shoes or a short tempered girl who nobody wants to be around. I didn't care much for her though.

I don't care much for moe and it is all over this anime.

May 20, 2016 6:33 PM

Dec 2015
Well you clearly admitted you don't like SOL, whatever we say you are probably already dead set on your opinion.

Keep in mind though, Aria is also praised for its extremely accurate Venice reproduction, the unique relaxing atmosphere it manages to establish and its peerless soundtrack and sound effects to couple with the superb sceneries. You also get to grow with the characters and experience the unveiling of Neo-Venezia's secrets alongside them. Like CG said above, the interactions and experiences of those characters are so heartwarming that it can have a therapeutic effect when you're in a bad mood.
Aug 10, 2016 2:25 PM

Jun 2011
If I don't like the first season, can I just skip to the next season or so? Because I don't want to bear anymore of this bad series. It had a good idea but wasn't executed well.

Aug 13, 2016 9:23 AM

Aug 2015
pinkarray said:
If I don't like the first season, can I just skip to the next season or so? Because I don't want to bear anymore of this bad series. It had a good idea but wasn't executed well.

Nah please no and just drop it and watch action series like Cowboy Beatbox, the whole Aria series doesn't need the likes of people who can't appreciate Iyashikei SOL ,have called gondolier's daily lives in a faraway planet the most cliche story beating the likes of most of the LN harem shows, calling Akira tsundere, can't even have a lick on the show being an introduction to like 1/3 of the whole Aria series and more on getting to know the characters first not knowing that some of these characters will be developed in the future, bet you also don't appreciate the way they handle the worldbuilding on the whole Neo Venezia. Actually just drop the whole series and watch something you enjoy or waste your time on something more productive than watching cartoons, forcing yourself to watch this just makes you look pitiful wasting your time on something you don't like.
MizunashiAug 13, 2016 9:33 AM
Aug 13, 2016 10:02 AM

Jun 2011
Mizunashi said:
pinkarray said:

Nah please no and just drop it and watch action series like Cowboy Beatbox, the whole Aria series doesn't need the likes of people who can't appreciate Iyashikei SOL ,have called gondolier's daily lives in a faraway planet the most cliche story beating the likes of most of the LN harem shows, calling Akira tsundere, can't even have a lick on the show being an introduction to like 1/3 of the whole Aria series and more on getting to know the characters first not knowing that some of these characters will be developed in the future, bet you also don't appreciate the way they handle the worldbuilding on the whole Neo Venezia. Actually just drop the whole series and watch something you enjoy or waste your time on something more productive than watching cartoons, forcing yourself to watch this just makes you look pitiful wasting your time on something you don't like.

The series is called Cowboy Bebop not Cowboy Beat box. And yes, I prefer a little more action over SOL. "beating the likes of more ln harem shows"? What are you talking about?

I don't watch things that don't have an interesting beginning.

I don't appreciate the world building of Neo? IDK.

Wasting time on something productive? What's wrong with that? I think you need to be a bit more polite, you sound kind of rude. Talk more maturely and take my opinion with a pinch of salt. This is just my opinion!
Angry_Anime_NerdAug 13, 2016 10:07 AM

Aug 13, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2015
pinkarray said:
Mizunashi said:

The series is called Cowboy Bebop not Cowboy Beat box. And yes, I prefer a little more action over SOL. "beating the likes of more ln harem shows"? What are you talking about?

Wasting time on something productive? What's wrong with that? I think you need to be a bit more polite, you sound kind of rude. Talk more maturely and take my opinion with a pinch of salt. This is just my opinion!

How should I take you seriously if you can't even see my sarcasm on the Cowboy Beatbox quote I just post but seriously though all I'm saying is that I'm encouraging you to drop the show since you will never like this in the first place if you don't even like the characters themselves which is the focal point of the whole Aria series itself and doing so will definitely save your time rather than wasting your time forcing on a show you don't like. You may even use that time to do something productive like your daily life activities, that's what I'm trying to say.
Aug 13, 2016 11:10 AM

Jun 2011
Mizunashi said:
pinkarray said:

How should I take you seriously if you can't even see my sarcasm on the Cowboy Beatbox quote I just post but seriously though all I'm saying is that I'm encouraging you to drop the show since you will never like this in the first place if you don't even like the characters themselves which is the focal point of the whole Aria series itself and doing so will definitely save your time rather than wasting your time forcing on a show you don't like. You may even use that time to do something productive like your daily life activities, that's what I'm trying to say.

I'm sorry, I don't catch sarcasm easily. :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

running_lemon - Apr 6, 2007

129 by eblf2013 »»
Mar 25, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Aria the Animation Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WTFwasThat - Oct 2, 2008

75 by eblf2013 »»
Mar 25, 8:37 AM

» the big 3 Iyashikei Anime

mydaddy - Mar 8

9 by mydaddy »»
Mar 9, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zq - Mar 23, 2008

108 by Matheus050 »»
Mar 3, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Aria the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WTFwasThat - Sep 18, 2008

133 by WatchTillTandava »»
Feb 12, 4:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.