Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 12, 2016 8:25 PM

Jan 2012
targa said:

Not the best fight i have seen.

and what's the best fight u have seen ?

Ot: hopefully no one interfere in this fight , i see death flag on chrollo .

May 12, 2016 9:01 PM

Jan 2014
AllenVonStein said:
what's the best fight u have seen ?

In HxH, Netero vs Meruem
May 12, 2016 9:56 PM
Mar 2016
G_Spark233 said:
Hisoka is really enjoying this fight. That naked orgasm might actually be the weirdest Hisoka moment in the series which is really saying something.

Such a amazing Mental battle
May 12, 2016 11:01 PM

Aug 2012
To be honest, my invested me in this fight is totally because of the participants involved rather than the fight itself. As in, the actual combat between Hisoka & Chrollo so far isn't as engaging as I thought it would be. There is an appeal to seeing Hisoka struggling for a change & the ending of the chapter was definitely promising but this isn't yet on the level of Chrollo vs. Zeno & Silva yet. Not that I'm going call the fight disappointing yet nor do I think it's bad, just short of my expectations so far (which were very high). Guess this is the problem with reading weekly, I'm sure the fight's going to improve before it's conclusion & this segment is clearly a building piece to something better, just isolating it & judging it on it's own it's underwhelming.

But I still enjoyed the chapter because Hisoka was awesome as usual during this. & I'm still eager to see how this all concludes.
May 12, 2016 11:32 PM
Dec 2014
Cobbaceck said:
I feel like this fight is totally out of line with everything we learned about nen fights.

Why would a bunch of puppets be a problem for hisoka to dismantle, to the point where it looks like he is taking seconds to dodge or kill them?

With Hisokas Power level, he should be able to kill 20 of these puppets in the matter of like 2-5 seconds.

remember when he killed like 30 dudes at the hunter exams, or how feitang beheaded half a dozen armed men in an instant?

and there is no way chrollo can reinforce 30+ puppets with defenses to withstand hiskas attacks from what we learned about nen fighting in greed island.

this whole shit doesnt make sense to me.

However, I think what evryone tends to forget is, that the explosion seals stay even if he isnt using the ability. Chrollo could have marked a lot of people with explosion marks while hiding.

also what about the poisoned knife he brought against the zoldycks? he had plenty of opportunity to freely attack hisoka with dangerous stuff.

This fight is way too tame for a deathmatch of two of the most dangerous people in H x H.
For a fight between Knuckle and Gon I expect lots of ineffective punching, but Hisoka vs Danchou deathmatch I imagined more like Killuahs, or Kurapikas "fights". The moment you loose your guard, you're done for.

Really dissapointed by this fight so far, both deserve to die with the performance they're putting up.
Hisoka needs to remove the head of every puppets which is very difficult because there's soo many of them like so many
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2016 3:23 AM

May 2014
I love how I'm sat here reading the chapter in a complete frenzy when Hisoka got hit in the back of the head.

Then I get to the next panel and he's just...climaxing...

That was the best Schwing yet (can't wait until Madhouse get their hands on it).
Oh, Hisoka. Never change. :')

Also, Togashi be killing with these cliffhangers!! I still have no idea about the outcome of this fight, but it appears Hisoka's gonna give a little back next week.

Honestly, I'm impressed he's kept up with Chrollo's box of tricks so far, although I'm sure he has more in store. By the end of this showdown, we'll have a serious case of

"I know you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I just Schwinged all over again".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2016 3:28 AM

Jul 2015
AllenVonStein said:
targa said:

Not the best fight i have seen.

and what's the best fight u have seen ?

Ot: hopefully no one interfere in this fight , i see death flag on chrollo .

In Hxh probably hisoka vs togari beacuse it was one of the only ones where the fight finished and the stronger fighter won.
May 13, 2016 4:08 AM

Dec 2013
If it had been Irumi instead of Kuroro, Hisoka would've been dead a long time ago, He'd have used his needle on him the first time Kuroro landed a hit.
May 13, 2016 5:10 AM
Jun 2015
Whayle said:
If it had been Irumi instead of Kuroro, Hisoka would've been dead a long time ago, He'd have used his needle on him the first time Kuroro landed a hit.

I don't think Illumi can easily manipulate people he struck with the needle. One can overcome its effect. So I think even Hisoka can survive after he is struck with a needle.
If that's not the case, then Illumi would be the strongest character and in fact can defeat even Meruem by using a single needle.
May 13, 2016 6:59 AM
Nov 2015
Hisoka is in the worst state I've ever seen him in.
If the game is going to end by someone dead I think it's 47% Chrollo 53% Hisoka.
I don't want anyone of them dying. But for the story sake I think Hisoka is worth killing.
Togashi sensei is going to kill some characters, I wish both of them are excluded from the list !

One thing I don't understand: In the last page, neither Chrollo's head nor Hisoka's left leg is appearing clearly. Does that means he managed to hit him? If so, I think he could turn the tide.
May 13, 2016 7:31 AM

Dec 2013
MadaraZoldyck said:
Whayle said:

I don't think Illumi can easily manipulate people he struck with the needle. One can overcome its effect. So I think even Hisoka can survive after he is struck with a needle.
If that's not the case, then Illumi would be the strongest character and in fact can defeat even Meruem by using a single needle.

it was shown in the election arc when he made an army of zombies. If hisoka's touched with one of irumi's needles, he's done for. He's a monster. Of course he wouldn't be able to beat Meruem, he'd be killed before blinking
May 13, 2016 9:45 AM

Nov 2014
the orgasm was easily the best part of this chapter. 5/5
May 13, 2016 11:43 AM
Feb 2016
I guess isn't kuroro in the last chapter's scene
He changes with an fight viewer
May 13, 2016 2:32 PM
Jun 2015
I thought Hisoka was gonna die at least twice in this chapter.. I hope he ends up killing Chrollo though
May 13, 2016 3:28 PM

May 2014
I thought Chrollo was going to affix Sun on Hisoka when he landed a hit, and Moon onto people from the audience. Can he even do that? If he could, Hisoka would've suffered significant damage.
May 13, 2016 3:32 PM

May 2014
Soufou27 said:
I thought Hisoka was gonna die at least twice in this chapter.. I hope he ends up killing Chrollo though
I hope for the opposite. Chrollo is probably my second favorite character in the show.
May 13, 2016 4:38 PM

Aug 2014
SCHWING!!! is back and in full effect xD
May 14, 2016 12:37 AM

Jan 2011
BloodSimple said:
I thought Chrollo was going to affix Sun on Hisoka when he landed a hit, and Moon onto people from the audience. Can he even do that? If he could, Hisoka would've suffered significant damage.

hmm son and moon need his both hands , so he cant use it while open his book
and if close book he cant use puppets
May 14, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
Kaimon said:
By far the best chapter since the return. It's like Togashi remembered the high quality masterfully executed fights he put out back in the HA/Yorknew days. No exaggerated but occasionally charming psychological tangents, no more overly complex walls of text for things that could easily be shortened, just two sociopaths having a death match with an entire arena of people as their arsenal. I genuinely don't know who to root for, both sides managed to equally impress me almost every time I turned the page lmao.

Yeah, exactly, seriously, it's so much better like that. Way more dynamic and engaging.

H-X-H said:
tsudecimo said:
Can we get to the conclusion of this already? pretty boring fight.

3/5

This is how HxH handle fights if you don't like it go watch Naruto
He is right. Is this the fight you were expecting from the 2 major villains of HxH? Not me. I hope they will show something better in future chapter but for now is cheesy.
[/quote]
I have 3 problems with this fight:
- The fact there was no proper build up is really starting to show, you really don't feel that "someone's going to die/Something's major gonna happen" vibe from this. I think it lacks that little something that will increase the tension of the fight and thus it is not as engaging as it could be.
- So far, it's way too one sided, with Chrollo completely controlling the fight, which is not something that anyone want to see when 2 top tiers are fighting. But it's probably gonna change soon.
- 3 chapters and nothing that looks like a critical hit... The one at the end of the chapters might be it, but because of Hisoka's masochism (which is pretty cool), you can't really feel it.
May 14, 2016 1:00 PM
Jun 2015
Kryptiq said:
SCHWING!!! is back and in full effect xD
oh God.. I read "full erect".....
May 14, 2016 1:02 PM
Jun 2015
BloodSimple said:
Soufou27 said:
I hope for the opposite. Chrollo is probably my second favorite character in the show.
I am not liking the way Chrollo is fighting, doesn't seem fair. Hisoka seems to enjoy it though lol
May 15, 2016 12:49 PM

Jan 2011
SetsukoHara said:
Kaimon said:
By far the best chapter since the return. It's like Togashi remembered the high quality masterfully executed fights he put out back in the HA/Yorknew days. No exaggerated but occasionally charming psychological tangents, no more overly complex walls of text for things that could easily be shortened, just two sociopaths having a death match with an entire arena of people as their arsenal. I genuinely don't know who to root for, both sides managed to equally impress me almost every time I turned the page lmao.

Yeah, exactly, seriously, it's so much better like that. Way more dynamic and engaging.

H-X-H said:

This is how HxH handle fights if you don't like it go watch Naruto
He is right. Is this the fight you were expecting from the 2 major villains of HxH? Not me. I hope they will show something better in future chapter but for now is cheesy.
I have 3 problems with this fight:
- The fact there was no proper build up is really starting to show, you really don't feel that "someone's going to die/Something's major gonna happen" vibe from this. I think it lacks that little something that will increase the tension of the fight and thus it is not as engaging as it could be.
- So far, it's way too one sided, with Chrollo completely controlling the fight, which is not something that anyone want to see when 2 top tiers are fighting. But it's probably gonna change soon.
- 3 chapters and nothing that looks like a critical hit... The one at the end of the chapters might be it, but because of Hisoka's masochism (which is pretty cool), you can't really feel it.

In fact I really like how is taking place this fighting.
yes, we have 2 major villains of HxH but if we are talking seriously, you should consider how entertaining it's being this fight when on this side you have a guy with just one ability, while on another side you have a villain aparently too OP , however Togashi understood that Chrollo has to have a limitation (in order of increasing the overall power of an individual skill by stating a self-imposed restriction that forces even more conditions on it).

Even though a Vow adds further Limitations to using one's Nen ability, a Vow is not the primary condition for an ability's activation and acts only to enhance its power. It is also useful in retaining one's abilities when breaking a vow. When a person breaks a vow without a limitation, they risk damaging their abilities, however, when there is a limitation, this risk is removed (unless of course it is part of the limitation), at a price of one's own choosing.

overall this fighting is really credible when you're used to Togashi's style, then you don't need great powers (kamehamehas) or "blood bathings".

Finally I would like that someone'll die. because I'll disagree when some kind of "Kaguya" appears sayins: just as planned
cronosteso23May 15, 2016 12:55 PM
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
May 15, 2016 5:19 PM

Aug 2014
Wow, Hisoka got a really nice hit there at the end, but I still hope that he's the one that loses. Chrollo <33
May 16, 2016 3:14 PM

Sep 2013
Chrollo going on the full hit and run tactic :)
Both him and Hsioka should have layed some serious trick that will come back later on, and I doubt Chrollo hit Hisoka so many time without activating some power.
May 20, 2016 6:38 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like Hisoka got.. a head of Chrollo there :^)
Jun 9, 2016 8:24 PM

Jan 2016
Chrollo is a fuckin pussy for that annoying fight tactics.
I expected more from the strongest PT member smh i hope Hisoka rips him a new asshole.
Jun 19, 2016 3:47 AM

Jun 2008
More of the same. The fight keeps going and no page on anything else, i am really not very engaged in this fight personally.

Btw why did almost everyone here failed to realize that Hisoka actually landed a hit at the end there?
Although i agree that the whole thing is stupid in some parts. Chrollo hit him so many times, couldn't he put a needle if he coul land hits? Or even use that poisonous knife etc?
Nov 14, 2016 6:57 PM

Dec 2008
Oh my goodness! Oh my gosh!! Chrollo is beating the shit out of Hisoka. I can't believe it!
Aug 15, 2021 7:38 AM

Feb 2018
If ordinary puppets are giving Hisoka such hard time, it only shows the brilliance of Chrollo moving & placing them while finding openings to deviler his attacks.. Hisoka I believe!
Jul 9, 2023 3:01 AM
Apr 2022
This fight is fkin magnificent. It's truly sad to see we will probably never see it animated.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.