Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 12, 2016 3:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm an episode about Kaguya and her past.

Kinda interesting to see how the world worked back then. Of course, war did exist then even though Kagura was looking for peace. Quite a painful world they live in now that I look at it.
May 12, 2016 4:54 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Kaguya, she did the right thing, that world was doomed.
May 12, 2016 4:59 AM

Jan 2016
like, i know sasuke and naruto have to understand this chick, like COME ON!

so when is the Warframe update coming with Naruto stuff 4Head

Kaguya, she truly was for absolute peace, people fucked it up, she cool, but next episode should help with the worlds development, this episode was kinda messy.

AINO!... also couldn't help but chuckle at kaguyas voice

May 12, 2016 5:49 AM

Dec 2014
kaguya past was so awesome... Although read it in manga before... This looks so awesome. So does that means humanity was vanquished by Kaguya....
May 12, 2016 6:35 AM

Apr 2014
Kaguya's story is quite interesting. And this opening theme reminds me of Erased's opening theme.
May 12, 2016 6:36 AM

Jan 2013
Was this really a Naruto episode? Because Naruto episodes usually don't get a 100/10.

This episode makes me love Kaguya
May 12, 2016 6:53 AM

Sep 2015
so kaguya is an alien
May 12, 2016 6:57 AM

Sep 2015
DTUB said:
like, i know sasuke and naruto have to understand this chick, like COME ON!

so when is the Warframe update coming with Naruto stuff 4Head

Kaguya, she truly was for absolute peace, people fucked it up, she cool, but next episode should help with the worlds development, this episode was kinda messy.

AINO!... also couldn't help but chuckle at kaguyas voice

kaguya sounds like that bcz she speaks in an old japanease accent
May 12, 2016 7:28 AM

Apr 2014
Damn I wish they spread out the events of the episode into two so they could have had the opportunity to flesh out the conflict and the characters more. Felt things were moving a tad bit too fast at times but other than that it was a really nice episode.

4/5
May 12, 2016 7:32 AM

Jun 2014
It's a shame that Kaguya had to do that but it was pretty much her only option. Looks like we'll get a better look at her relationship with her sons next episode.

Dan-Te said:
Kaguya's story is quite interesting. And this opening theme reminds me of Erased's opening theme.

Same band, Asian Kung Fu Generation.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 12, 2016 7:42 AM

Oct 2013
You ppl serious? This character that came out of nowhere, literally dropped out of the sky to protect a tree, what the actual fuck lol.
May 12, 2016 7:51 AM
Sep 2015
This was a interesting episode
I'm okay with seeming how hagromo and his brother grew up and how they beat her
But canon has to come back and stay after this
But I do love Kaguya theme song it pretty cool
May 12, 2016 7:57 AM
Oct 2013
This was fucking horseshit.
Who wrote this garbage?

The pacing was all over the place, the story makes no fucking sense, even if you fill in the gaps through the implied parts and worst of all it contradicts the little canon we had on her.

Just go to the author and ask him for a quick synposis instead of this horsehit
2/5 for the decent art.
May 12, 2016 7:58 AM

Aug 2008
Did this episode happen in the manga? Can't remember.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 12, 2016 7:58 AM

Sep 2014
It was..Millennia ago ? ._.
May 12, 2016 8:00 AM

Feb 2012
That dude Tenji was a pretty shitty leader.

I wonder was Kaguya pregnant while she was still in the sky, or the father is Tenji, cause if its Tenji no wonder the sons turned out to be retarded and the world went to shit.
May 12, 2016 8:06 AM
Oct 2013
mine_abou said:
so kaguya is an alien

It´s implied that she´s a divine entity.

Although there is the possibility that she´s just a Genova ripoff.

CLOOUUUUUD , SEPPPHHHHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROTHHHH.

May 12, 2016 8:33 AM

Feb 2015
I like the "backstory" into Kaguya, but the quality of this episode, story and animation is depressingly pathetic. It leaves plenty of plot holes, contradictions, and questions. Sad.
May 12, 2016 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
Ramkec said:

I wonder was Kaguya pregnant while she was still in the sky, or the father is Tenji, cause if its Tenji no wonder the sons turned out to be retarded and the world went to shit.

Wait what?

Her sons are the good guys @_@
Yautja said:
I like the "backstory" into Kaguya, but the quality of this episode, story and animation is depressingly pathetic. It leaves plenty of plot holes, contradictions, and questions. Sad.

Which are?
May 12, 2016 8:41 AM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
Ramkec said:

Wait what?

Yautja said:

Which are?

Were they really?
May 12, 2016 8:44 AM

Dec 2012
Ramkec said:
tsudecimo said:

Wait what?

Which are?

Were they really?

Yes? Kagyua developed a messiah complex and want to control all the power/chakra, and her sons stopped her. Did you forget her backstory?
May 12, 2016 8:52 AM

Dec 2014
Average episode, Can't say I liked Kaguya's backstory.

Her interactions were pretty minimal and apart from the "I want peace" reasoning nothing else regarding her motives were explored.
Other characters in the story weren't really interesting as well.

Next episodes seems nice with Hagoroma and Hamura. Hopefully we can learn more about Kaguya.
May 12, 2016 8:58 AM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
Ramkec said:

Were they really?

Yes? Kagyua developed a messiah complex and want to control all the power/chakra, and her sons stopped her. Did you forget her backstory?

Oh right I mixed her offspring and their descendants.

After the manga ended I haven't really re-read anything so yeah you're probably right.

@Z4k Exactly, I meant those 2
May 12, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
Ramkec said:
tsudecimo said:

Wait what?

Which are?

Were they really?

I think you're talking about Indra and Asura. They're Hagoromo's children.
May 12, 2016 9:09 AM

Feb 2016
decent animation quality this time :o. it is also shown that kaguya came from outer space into the earth, where human lived without any sort of chakra. i guess the aim of this episode is to explain how wars are based on human greed.
May 12, 2016 9:21 AM
Jun 2008
The animation was beatiful.
Also that bloody Shinra Tensei........holy crap !
May 12, 2016 9:43 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:

Yautja said:

Which are?

We see the tree comes down as a meteor several millenia ago. The implication is that she knew about that tree and came specifically to earth to pluck it´s fruit.
The Databooks confim that, which also confirm that she came down from the heavens.

Here´s where the problems start. Zetsu tells us that she loved humanity at some point.
How?
When?
Why?

The first thing she does is hypnotize some humans to be obedient.
Because of the shitty pacing and no subtext we do not know what her actual motives and amibtions are.

All of sudden competely uninspired she talks about peace.
When did she see war?
How many years have passed since she landed on earth?
Why does she have that ambition, if war wasn´t even implied to have happened during the time period she resided on earth.
If she knew war from where she came, where is that?
The conflict around her is still building up when she claims that she craves peace.

Later the Lord confirms being hypnotized because he doesn´t remember their first encounter.
He just made her his concubine, because she´s mysterious and beautiful.
The conflict escalates and she claims that she dislikes war yet again.
Again WHY DOES SHE HATE WAR?
This could make sense, if all the development would have happened off screen and she witnessed several years of war.
But none of that is EVEN IMPLIED.
We don´t know why she dislikes war, what´s her reasoning.
How and why does she know of that concept?

In the meantime obvious asshole takes his troops to go rape her and take her as his woman because we need a villain here.
She refuses to get raped and kills a few of his men with her super powers and flees. At this point the smartest choice would have been to kill the witnesses and keep silent. But no, the plot wouldn´t be able to move forward. Killing the villain and making her Maidens voice the secret about her superpowers (maybe even by mistake) would have way more sense.

Because she made the obvious mistake of letting asshole live he goes tattle that she´s a monster to his master. At the same time Kaguya takes her maiden to the tree which is implied to be the reason why she came down to this planet in the first place.

I´ll let it slide that the timing for the tree to bear a fruit right now is way beyond convenient,but what´s worse is that the tension is completely artificial.
Tenjii is the one who has to kill his waifu for the sake of the well being of his land. A message that´s straight out of Hashirama´s book and it´s reasonable.
This could be a tragic story, if she´d be executed for naught because the villains wanna attack his land anyway, so killing Kaguya serves no purpose.
We know she´ll live so it doesn´t matter.
The story from her claiming that she wants peace till the point where she eats the fruit is pure filler that doesn´t expand on aynthing. With one exception
We get the implication that she´s actually feeling compassion for the death of her maiden. That´s a new layer to her personality.
THE ONLY ONE BESIDES HER UNEXPLAINED DISLIKE FOR WAR.

Than she turns super saiyan and casts a smaller version of infinite Tsukuyomi.
Ok. Now the problems with this.

Is she going to be now revered as a goddess? She seems pretty power hungry to me already, considering that she wants to rule the world with her sons.
Is she already considered a demon?
I mean killing all those people and turning them into fertilizer seemed like a pretty evil deed to me.

There are too many open questions and unmotivated actions going on throghout the whole story. How does this all connect with the little backstory Kishimoto told.
TyrelMay 12, 2016 5:02 PM
May 12, 2016 10:13 AM
Dec 2014
This episode was that kinda of thing that you ask yourself, "Who is the real evil one?".
May 12, 2016 10:18 AM

Jun 2015
I see they had some extra budget this time and they spent it on the sky. This is the most amazing sky in all of Naruto. I feel sorry or Aino.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 12, 2016 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
May 12, 2016 10:38 AM

Dec 2015
Isterio said:
tsudecimo said:

Which are?

I'm new to this so I'll just quote everything. By saying she dislikes war and wants peace it certainly doesn't mean she's just talking about humans. If you've read the manga you've probably watched Boruto as well.

She fell in love with Tenji, you can see how she clings to him when he has to head out to confront the army from Ka. She cared about her maid as well. She could have gone to obtain the chakra fruit earlier but she started living among the humans and had to go when she was weak. She did care about the humans but she decided to cast the IT when she realised her sons were in danger. She did it all to protect them.

In no way does this episode contradict the manga.

Mod edit: Added a spoiler tag for the long quote
ArdanazMay 19, 2016 12:19 PM
May 12, 2016 10:51 AM

May 2012
First: Where did the moon come from for her to do the Infinite Tsukuyomi if Haguromo created the moon and he's not even born yet? Or am I missing something?

And about the episode; I was actually interested to see some shit about Kaguya but i'm a liiiiiiiiitle bit sick and tired of "yeah the world is full of war and people will never trust each other and there can never be peace." I know it's like a fundamental part of the overall story but I got my fill of that in the Madara and Hashirama flashback, I didn't want another flashback showing mostly the same thing.
May 12, 2016 10:56 AM

Dec 2012
Kinaro said:
First: Where did the moon come from for her to do the Infinite Tsukuyomi if Haguromo created the moon and he's not even born yet? Or am I missing something?

And about the episode; I was actually interested to see some shit about Kaguya but i'm a liiiiiiiiitle bit sick and tired of "yeah the world is full of war and people will never trust each other and there can never be peace." I know it's like a fundamental part of the overall story but I got my fill of that in the Madara and Hashirama flashback, I didn't want another flashback showing mostly the same thing.

Well it's the main thing that is connecting most of the antagonists in the series. It would be weird for Kagyua to suddenly be the odd one out .
May 12, 2016 11:04 AM
Jan 2011
eddo209 said:
You ppl serious? This character that came out of nowhere, literally dropped out of the sky to protect a tree, what the actual fuck lol.

That's the thing. The more you watch, it the more you realize there's a lot of thing they say by not saying. That's brilliant.

Isterio said:
tsudecimo said:

Which are?

Hmm, I don't see contradictions. What I see is expressive storytelling - you infer what happen base on what is shown and not shown. It's pretty deep if you think about it.

Mod edit: Added a spoiler tag for the long quote
ArdanazMay 19, 2016 12:19 PM
May 12, 2016 11:05 AM

Apr 2014
Kinaro said:

She summoned it from another dimension.

May 12, 2016 11:09 AM
Oct 2013
[quote=siki10 message=45994104]

I'm new to this so I'll just quote everything. By saying she dislikes war and wants peace it certainly doesn't mean she's just talking about humans. If you've read the manga you've probably watched Boruto as well.

The Boruto Movie makes only losely sense to begin with and functions more of a plot device for Boruto rather than actual world building.
Even if what you claim to be the case none of that is conveyed within this episode or even the canon and even the Movies only "implly" that there could be more out there, with the emphasis on could
siki10 said:

She fell in love with Tenji, you can see how she clings to him when he has to head out to confront the army from Ka.

Well considering that she "loved! him it was surprisingly easy for her to turn him into fertilizer. I do understand that they try to tell a different version of Kaguya Hime with this episode, but it makes no sense because of the pacing.
The story isn´t very coherent and sensical to begin with (It´s a Fairy Tale), the rushed pacing and alterations do not make it easier.

siki10 said:

She cared about her maid as well.

Which is the only scene in this episode that made sense.

siki10 said:

She could have gone to obtain the chakra fruit earlier but she started living among the humans and had to go when she was weak. She did care about the humans but she decided to cast the IT when she realised her sons were in danger. She did it all to protect them.

Well this could be the story if it wasn´t for the fact that she.
A. Manipulated the people around her to take care of her.
B. We see none of that, so all we can go on are assumptions, we do not even know how much time passed, so techincally anything can be true.
Any fanfiction is legit at this point.
C. The Chakra fruit is told to bloom every 1000 years once. While it´s not specified how long the time period is, it´s dumb behaviour to wait with something like that.
siki10 said:

In no way does this episode contradict the manga.

It does, because half the time her behaviour contradicts what was established within the episode itself if you don´t apply headcanon to it to fill the gaps extensively.

The biggest offender being. Iit´s implied that she fell in love with a guy that she manipulated in order to cultivate a god fruit from a god tree that nurtures on the lifeforce of living beings, that later on she killed immediately when she achieved that godfruit, which was her ulterior motive to begin with.
Why did she fall in love?
I could equally claim that her aim was to get preggers and it could be right.
Why because we never get to see inside her psyche or get any of your claims confirmed through a sidecharacter.

The problem is her dropping from the sky and the casting of Mugen tsukoyomi is actually canon to the story. Everything else is kept ambigious on purpose.

This is Aldonoah Zero level of writing.
It makes no fucking sense stuff happens to move the plot forward.
IsterioMay 12, 2016 11:20 AM
May 12, 2016 11:47 AM
Nov 2015
Wait what!? Isnt Kaguya supposed to end the war peacefully at first and because of that the people will call her the rabbit goddess? Then it will be much more later in the story, after her children were born and grew up a little bit, that she will get fed up by the people who still insist on waging war against each other and so she will cast the infinite tsukiyomi upon the them, and so people will call her "ONI"(demon) instead? I think thats what happened in the manga. So why the heck did she straight out cast the jutsu here? Thats just too crappy and it felt too rushed I think. Kaguya deserves a better showcase of her backstory than this!!!
Quizzical_JoanMay 12, 2016 11:51 AM
May 12, 2016 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
So wait, Land of Ka's excuse for attacking is that Kaguya killed their men, but didn't they attack Kaguya and kill Land of Sou's men first?
And that guy Tenji just started firing arrows at Kaguya and her maid without even asking them to stop...

With the amount of time they spent on those horrid fillers they could at least give more episodes to this part of Kaguya's backstory...ugh, I'd drop this shit so fast if it weren't near end
May 12, 2016 11:48 AM
Oct 2013
Metharbor said:
Wait what!? Isnt Kaguya supposed to end the war peacefully at first and because of that the people will call her the rabbit goddess? Then it will be much more later in the story, after her children are born and grew up a little bit, that she will get fed up by the people who still tries to wage against each other and cast the infinite tsukiyomi upon the world. I think thats what happened in the manga. So why the heck did she straight out cast the justsu here? Thats just too crappy and rushed I think.

This is Pierrot filler. The Chunin exams they wrote made no sense either so don´t expect anything to be coherent timeline wise.
It technically could make all sense because we have no indicator for time in this episode. Anyway if you like fanfiction this adds to the manga.

May 12, 2016 12:03 PM

Apr 2014
Metharbor said:
Wait what!? Isnt Kaguya supposed to end the war peacefully at first and because of that the people will call her the rabbit goddess? Then it will be much more later in the story, after her children were born and grew up a little bit, that she will get fed up by the people who still insist on waging war against each other and so she will cast the infinite tsukiyomi upon the them, and so people will call her "ONI"(demon) instead? I think thats what happened in the manga. So why the heck did she straight out cast the jutsu here? Thats just too crappy and it felt too rushed I think. Kaguya deserves a better showcase of her backstory than this!!!

All of what you said will happen in the next episode.
May 12, 2016 12:04 PM
Nov 2015
Isterio said:
Metharbor said:
Wait what!? Isnt Kaguya supposed to end the war peacefully at first and because of that the people will call her the rabbit goddess? Then it will be much more later in the story, after her children are born and grew up a little bit, that she will get fed up by the people who still tries to wage against each other and cast the infinite tsukiyomi upon the world. I think thats what happened in the manga. So why the heck did she straight out cast the justsu here? Thats just too crappy and rushed I think.

This is Pierrot filler. The Chunin exams they wrote made no sense either so don´t expect anything to be coherent timeline wise.
It technically could make all sense because we have no indicator for time in this episode. Anyway if you like fanfiction this adds to the manga.

Yeah well thats that I guess. But seriously tho, they couldve done a better job than this, considering all the time and effort that they have put in making all those previous filler episodes and movies why not do the same with Kaguya's backstory and adapt it in a more detailed way? Oh well whats done is done, also its not like I own their company or anything so my complaints isnt worth a thing.
May 12, 2016 12:08 PM
Nov 2015
Z4k said:
Metharbor said:

Oh crap! Did I just spoil the events that will occur within next episode?
May 12, 2016 12:08 PM
Feb 2016
Hey, did anyone notice that both Hagoromo and Hamura have byakugan. Hagoromo might grow his rinnegan later. Shit, nest episode is gonna be awesome, that's for sure.
Also that lord(forgot his name) was a shitty leader. WTF. And he got to fuck Kaguya. I mean shit. They couldn't have chosen a worse father for Hagoromo and Hamura.
May 12, 2016 12:16 PM

Apr 2014
Metharbor said:
Z4k said:

Oh crap! Did I just spoil the events that will occur within next episode?

Kind of 15characterlimit
May 12, 2016 12:17 PM
Feb 2016
Looks like no one bothers to watch precaps.
May 12, 2016 12:18 PM

Mar 2014
... 3 stars. Teiji or whatever his name was displayed the highest level of stupidity I've seen in years within the setting of Naruto that it gave me a good enough laugh and kept me entertained.

A foreign country is harassing, abusing and killing our countryman? Tell them to pull down their pants and bend over and if they do otherwise I'll kill them myself.
May 12, 2016 12:59 PM
Jan 2015
What i can say for this episode:

Tenji is somewhat retarded "Find my lover and instantly kill her without any questions asked or any way to negotiate with the enemy about this".

Awesome art. Really liked the sky.

Cool story, would actually want to watch even more.

RIP Aino, you were killed before you truly were able to show what you were made of. Please use the Outer Path — Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique to bring her (and the series) back from the dead.
May 12, 2016 3:22 PM

Jul 2007
Wow just wow. I was not expecting this for a naruto episode. Well i got to honestly say this filler arc of Kaguya is actually really good. Its bout time the studio does something right for a change, in all hostestly this is actually better then the manga and resolves the plot holes left behind by the introduction of kaguya and what her true nature really was a millennia ago. Kishimoto on the other hand was so in a damn rush he wasn't able to flesh out this character that well or reveal the history behind it. I honestly don't mind if we don't go back to the canon story (I can't believe im even implying something like that, after all the torturous filler) but this story is really that good.

My only fear is that it will be shortened and feel rushed, honestly they could make a whole 26 episode season out of this. There is loads of lore and material to go by.

They even raised the bar on the budget and animation and the interesting music choice.

Biakuya, Gembu and Suzuku, when is the last time i heard bout them. Yeah this is clearly some like 12 kingdoms era type of shit. Great stuff

May 12, 2016 3:27 PM

Feb 2013
Her voice is appalling, but hey, same goes for the events after the fight between Sasuke and Danzo. For me Naruto is the best series, if I take only the original series and everything without the fillers from Shippuuden till the fight between Sasuke and Danzo into consideration. Afterwards it became one of the crappiest series ever. Worst part is that Kishimoto ruined his masterpiece with his stupidity and Pierrot after him... So there is no saving this series. And it could've been sooooo much better :(
May 12, 2016 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
By far the furthest back in time we've seen. The Naruto world was exactly like futile japan before there were Shinobi. That's interesting.
This still doesn't answer the question of where Kaguya came from or how/why that tree got there. It seems that no matter how far back they go nothing will ever be completely explained. Even if it explains that Kaguya is from another planet and that tree arrived as a seedling on a meteor thousands of years ago, there would still be a question of what the other planet was and why she was sent to Earth.

I mean it's very bizarre that there are aliens in the world of Naruto.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 485 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

50 by Vysarine »»
Apr 20, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 10, 2008

77 by drzod1k_lilla »»
Apr 20, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.