Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2010 12:03 PM

Oct 2007
Too bad, I didn't get to see the awesome left-handed in action.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 14, 2010 12:07 PM

Feb 2008
this is awesome haha. that ending was a bit surprising. i thought they were gonna have himeji join them since shes super smart. this show is just turning out to be win.
Jan 14, 2010 12:13 PM

Aug 2009
SunyiNyufi said:
tehnominator said:
I love the fact that Aki is there screaming, "Women together is wrong!" while grabbing a camera to take pictures of it.

Also, wtf, gg subs are total junk.

- "onna doushi" does NOT mean homosexuality
- onee-sama does NOT mean mistress
- Minami telling Aki to call her "Minami-sama" is somehow translated to "Call me honey!"

It completely changes the connotations of everything said, and changes the characters' personalities even. Damn it, it's hard to enjoy the subs when half the things they're saying it just made cruder as well. "Faggots and dykes"-- oh come on, gg, who are you subbing for, 16 year old boys who still thinks those words are funny?

Excellent episode. Sucks for anyone who actually knows what the characters are saying though.
They are trolls and always will be. I only watched it with subs, cos I couldn't understand the subjects they chose.

When they trasnlate 'onee-sama' to 'mistress' or use "Call me Honey", it's one of those common things happening in 'any kind' of translations of language... Translator do not need to sub 'entirely same'. They can use different words for the best circumstance in that language... It's nothing wrong. Seriously, I have 10 years history of watching English movies in Korean subs ('OFFICIAL subs'), and they always change some of the words as they like.

So if you call it 'trolling', you are basically referring that all the translators in the word is troll.

(*I agree with that 'faggot' part though... >_> it was unfunny...)
Jan 14, 2010 12:40 PM
Nov 2009
tehnominator said:
I love the fact that Aki is there screaming, "Women together is wrong!" while grabbing a camera to take pictures of it.

- Minami telling Aki to call her "Minami-sama" is somehow translated to "Call me honey!"

It completely changes the connotations of everything said, and changes the characters' personalities even. Damn it, it's hard to enjoy the subs when half the things they're saying it just made cruder as well. "Faggots and dykes"-- oh come on, gg, who are you subbing for, 16 year old boys who still thinks those words are funny?

Excellent episode. Sucks for anyone who actually knows what the characters are saying though.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was just about ready to trash this anime if you didn't mention this.
Jan 14, 2010 12:52 PM

Jan 2010
Goo4 said:
When they trasnlate 'onee-sama' to 'mistress' or use "Call me Honey", it's one of those common things happening in 'any kind' of translations of language... Translator do not need to sub 'entirely same'. They can use different words for the best circumstance in that language... It's nothing wrong. Seriously, I have 10 years history of watching English movies in Korean subs ('OFFICIAL subs'), and they always change some of the words as they like.

So if you call it 'trolling', you are basically referring that all the translators in the word is troll.

I agree with you at some point, but we can't ignore the fact that there is a limit of how much of the meaning a translation can change. Words like "dyke" makes their trolling absolutely obvious (and kind of forced, sometimes).
They doing this sort of thing is nothing new, though. Choosing the fansub group is up to the person. A lot of people enjoy their work. I myself had a lot of fun watching Kämpfer with their subs.
Jan 14, 2010 1:01 PM

Sep 2009
this series is really good it might deserve a 10 :O
Jan 14, 2010 1:09 PM

Sep 2008
tehnominator said:

I'm working on it :(

Also, 53? How?
Jan 14, 2010 1:12 PM

Sep 2007
Clearly the comedy show of the season.
Jan 14, 2010 1:25 PM

Sep 2007
Goo4 said:

lol at totally misunderstanding what I said.

First of all, calling any translator a troll would mean, calling myself a troll, since it looks like I will end up having that as a profession.

I never said that any translator is troll, but gg people are trolls. They change way to many sentences in ways so it pretty much changes the meaning too. Though I admitt that most of the time the meaning doesn't change much, yet a pro translator would care about the character too. In gg subs Akihisa is really not like himself. He is a polite and kind guy, who would never say that "homosexuality is wrong", and that's not what he says. Same goes for Shimada, she never uses the word dyke, because it is rude, and eventhough she is more direct than others, she is no way rude. Other than that gg changes the names as they like in most of the things they sub, and that's mostly why they are trolls. (And because they always say that "oh we dropped this" yet they didn't)

But I have to say, when gg decides to do something without trolling, their subs are superb.
Jan 14, 2010 2:20 PM
Dec 2007
Shin Oonuma's direction in this episode was probably even better than in most Natsu no Arashi episodes. It was just awesome, the rythm was perfect and most jokes were extremely funny on top of that. I didn't want to watch this show two weeks ago and I pretty much love it now, so I can say that's my personal surprise of the season.

Wasabi said:

Definitely, yes.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 14, 2010 2:26 PM

Apr 2008
Pretty funny.
Jan 14, 2010 4:28 PM

Apr 2009
tehnominator said:

i guess it would turn out like that coz gg hired Jaka (the Coalguys main guy) as one of the translators.. and generally in the past, gg has been pretty rude for their wordings.. but i think they've gone too far into this episode..
Jan 14, 2010 4:47 PM

Jul 2008
lolz but i guess it's not possible for their class to beat the top class in a matter of 2 episodes
other than that lolz episode and had my laughs =D
Jan 14, 2010 5:01 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Pretty funny episode. xD

Jan 14, 2010 5:05 PM

Sep 2009
...I looked at a stream (couldn't wait to download) that didn't show anything after the ED....now I need to find one that does. From what I saw though it was entertaining.

Edit: Saw the rest....it was also entertaining/funny.
saxophone15Jan 14, 2010 5:14 PM
Jan 14, 2010 5:49 PM

Nov 2009
Im glad this show continues to entertain and has not disappointed after such a good first ep. I like most of class F so far and even some of Class A from the EPB (Right abbreviation?)

I look forward to the next ep as I see this gracing my favourites if it continues as it is just now!
Jan 14, 2010 6:46 PM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:

QFT

francismeunier said:

Ok this must be the first show I see that features somewhat of fan service for girls......

Now let me introduce you to the comedy show of last season.
Jan 14, 2010 7:04 PM

Aug 2009
woonie said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure this was the comedy show of last season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wou9puvBPzU

:P
Jan 14, 2010 8:29 PM

Feb 2009
A funny episode overall... Lol'ed most of the time...

"Bokuwa... Bokuwa... Uke nanka janai!"(I... I'm not the bottom...) really made my day..
Hideyoshi as a round girl was totally.. Err... (It's a guy, but he's so damn cute...) *Facepalm OTL

Yoshii's idiocy is still over the top... Lol at "Hurry up and say you love me!"
His hand stuck on the table is really funny... Also his being left handed reminds me somehow of PoT... Lol..

Looking forward to the next episode...
:3
Xhy-desuJan 14, 2010 8:47 PM

Jan 14, 2010 8:58 PM

Jul 2008
This serie is fucking awesome
Jan 14, 2010 9:22 PM

Dec 2009
"My special ability is that....im left handed" lol pricelesssss lol i was dying . . . starting to wonder about Hideyoshi? loving this show more and more
Jan 14, 2010 9:57 PM

May 2009
maxime1007 said:
This serie is fucking awesome

THIS.

Loved how Yoshii was walking around for the better part of the episode with that table glued to his hand while acting like it's always been part of him. LOL. Himeji's summoning stance is pretty cool. I thought our fearless leader would manage to pull this one out. Alas, class F is class F for a reason. Is it wrong that I find the bone cracking/breaking sounds so enjoyable?
Jan 14, 2010 10:10 PM

Aug 2009
SunyiNyufi said:
Goo4 said:

lol at totally misunderstanding what I said.

First of all, calling any translator a troll would mean, calling myself a troll, since it looks like I will end up having that as a profession.

I never said that any translator is troll, but gg people are trolls. They change way to many sentences in ways so it pretty much changes the meaning too. Though I admitt that most of the time the meaning doesn't change much, yet a pro translator would care about the character too. In gg subs Akihisa is really not like himself. He is a polite and kind guy, who would never say that "homosexuality is wrong", and that's not what he says. Same goes for Shimada, she never uses the word dyke, because it is rude, and eventhough she is more direct than others, she is no way rude. Other than that gg changes the names as they like in most of the things they sub, and that's mostly why they are trolls. (And because they always say that "oh we dropped this" yet they didn't)

But I have to say, when gg decides to do something without trolling, their subs are superb.

Meh, stating the truth, there is nothing we can do anyway. I was saying 'changing some of the translation unlike original is not trolling'. It's their interpretation.

But that 'dyke' and 'faggot' was disturbing indeed. I can't deny it. But all the others, I say it's fine.

Lol at traps. Still great episode so far.
Jan 14, 2010 10:17 PM

Nov 2007
They advanced the novel! Bad News: Class B and D didn't make an appearance, Good News: They're going to animate the second novel!

Also, lol. Himeji is second in the grade, not that guy.
underMebiusJan 14, 2010 10:31 PM

Jan 14, 2010 11:13 PM

Jul 2009
Comanechi said:
Goo4 said:
I myself had a lot of fun watching Kämpfer with their subs.

Those subs were epic :D

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and walk right into the trap...

I'll just pretend he's his sister ┐( ̄Д ̄; )┌
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 15, 2010 12:04 AM
Jul 2009
I laughed quite a bit and I don't know why. I could see most of those jokes coming from a mile. Guess these kind of jokes never get old.
HawthorneKitty said:
Now I'm just waiting when someone will ave over 9000 points and everyone in the forum will say it.

LOL
Jan 15, 2010 1:06 AM

Oct 2009
woonie said:
Wasabi said:

QFT

francismeunier said:

Ok this must be the first show I see that features somewhat of fan service for girls......

Oh big rofl! Hhahaha! I know that last season show and it was as good as this...no, this is better! More action at least!

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 15, 2010 1:08 AM

Sep 2008
I didn't think the second episode would be as funny as the first.

I thought wrong.

This was hilarious and even funnier than the first episode. One of the funniest anime I've ever seen.

5/5
Jan 15, 2010 1:20 AM

Feb 2009
Xhy-desu said:

"Bokuwa... Bokuwa... Uke nanka janai!"(I... I'm not the bottom...) really made my day..
Hideyoshi as a round girl was totally.. Err... (It's a guy, but he's so damn cute...) *Facepalm OTL

That Uke pun was meant for fangirls...

And Hideyoshi is really a fan magnet for this show. Whether your a girl or a guy, everybody will be trapped by his powers XDDDDDDD
At first I was like, (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ <--- Then I was like
In the end, I was \(▽ ̄\( ̄▽ ̄)/ ̄▽)/ヤッタァー!!
Jan 15, 2010 2:47 AM

Mar 2009
That was funny.

Jan 15, 2010 3:22 AM

Aug 2008
Comanechi said:
God, I'm loving this show, it just gets better and better.
Also, dat trap...

Yep~
Jan 15, 2010 4:05 AM

May 2008
ikuto said:
Comanechi said:
God, I'm loving this show, it just gets better and better.
Also, dat trap...

Yep~

Agreed, Hopefully the series continues on this track. (:
Working
Jan 15, 2010 5:43 AM

Mar 2009
LULZ!!! This show is hilarious. "How could you drink tea with these disgusting faggots without hanging out with me?" "I'm not a dyke" "While it's true that Shimada looks like a guy, acts like a guy, and has the chest of a guy..." And, lol at Yoshii having the table stuck to his hand the whole time. "I'm not the bottom!!!" "I'm gonna punch you in the balls with my left hand" HAHAHA this show is so funny!!! WTF? He only got a 53? I'm definitely watching this through to the end!!! Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 15, 2010 7:33 AM

Dec 2007
Good episode. Lots of amusing quotes and the end lol. Was obvious they'd fail but still funny seeing it happen.
Jan 15, 2010 7:49 AM

Jan 2008
It's quite a bit faster than the pace of the novels, though. It might have been better to have stretched the first two episodes over at least one more episode.
Jan 15, 2010 8:06 AM

Apr 2009
garfield15 said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure this was the comedy show of last season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wou9puvBPzU

:P

...thank you. Thank you. You made my week.

HawthorneKitty said:
Now I'm just waiting when someone will ave over 9000 points and everyone in the forum will say it.

OH GOD PLEASE LET'S.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 15, 2010 8:28 AM

Sep 2007
I want to say it too.
But about the GG fansub ...:|
Fault for Kouta too... <_<
Fastsub is not always the best.
Anyways, loved the episode for trap and Yoshii !
Jan 15, 2010 8:29 AM

Jan 2009
Cenedess said:
HawthorneKitty said:
OH GOD PLEASE LET'S.
Oh I for sure will if when they do that : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 15, 2010 10:42 AM

Nov 2007
Hahahaha @ the camera lenses popping up when he thought that Kirishima was a lesbian. Good laughter in this one.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 15, 2010 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
Man, I was hoping they would say "OVER 9000?!" Darn. Hahah.

The nosebleed part was hilarious! Ahhh, this show is so great :D
Jan 15, 2010 3:39 PM

Feb 2009
Man, this show is making me gay.

Best comedy of the season imo, with the best trap ever.
Jan 15, 2010 3:44 PM

Aug 2009
Alexstratz said:
Man, this show is making me gay.

I think it's made everyone gay and we just don't realize it yer
Jan 15, 2010 4:21 PM

May 2008
LMAO its so funny, kinda expected that they will lose , and Yuuji almost failing Elementary History LOL

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 15, 2010 5:26 PM

Jul 2009
Kouta ftw! Beat that health girlie x3
Jan 15, 2010 6:33 PM

Jul 2008
lol. Darn trap. But that just makes it funnier

Jan 15, 2010 6:34 PM

Apr 2009
This show is awesome.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Jan 15, 2010 10:29 PM
Oct 2007
So that's why Shouko has been stalking class F, specifically Yuuji, since the beginning. That's cute.

I think the show has started out great and it has been very uniquely entertaining. But I get the feeling that we won't see more battle cries of hilarity for a while because it seems they're heading into the fluffy lovey dovey moe mess next episode. I hope I'm wrong.
Jan 16, 2010 1:58 AM

Jan 2009
Hideyoshi, the new delicious trap of MAL. :3
Jan 16, 2010 3:04 AM

Sep 2009
Alexstratz said:
Best comedy of the season imo
Soo damn true.

I love the nosebleed scenes..its just breathtaking.
Hideyoshi is just the prettiest boy ever. Just want to play make-up with him XD.
I am not the Uke *runs off like a girl* -LEGENDARY-
Start laughing even by thinking about this show.XD
Jan 16, 2010 4:07 AM

Apr 2009
-trap master
-FF AC reference?
-The guy with a scythe makes me rembemer about the other guy in Seikon no Qwaser...
-VERY FUNNY! ! XD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

uis - Jan 6, 2010

234 by IzzyDuck23 »»
Mar 5, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 31, 2010

218 by Karva1 »»
Feb 9, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 17, 2010

140 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 3, 2010

160 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 10, 2010

176 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.