Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 2, 2008 6:53 PM

Feb 2008
I expected Jun to be at least angry or something at Hiromi after his bike crashed since she was the one who insisted he take her wherever they were going. Now's he's in debt, has to buy another bike, and get a job, but he seemed like he didn't care at all. Kinda confused as to why they got suspended as well.

Finally Shin's dad speaks up. About time. I figured it was all just some lie, but I still don't understand why Shin's mom hates Hiromi's mom so much. And too bad the undressing scene wasn't really anything. I figured not, cause it looked like Shin's house in the preview, but still, I was hoping for a more dramatic scene.

How come Ai got zero screen time? Even though she never had a chance, I at least thought she would have a bigger part in the series.

Poor Noe, she only got one ep of happiness. I'm rooting for Hiromi, so I liked the hug scene and that Shin's finally doing something about his feelings, but I still feel bad for Noe. I loved the scene where she kept poking Shin in the nose.
Mar 2, 2008 6:58 PM

Jul 2007
At least she warmed her hands on the fire to show her appreciation.

Mar 2, 2008 7:05 PM

Jan 2008
I rated this an Ok rating, but now reading all the posts and thinking about it... I actually liked this episode a lot. This wasn't a really "feel good" episode, but it pretty well done. There were some really good scenes. I really loved them just staring at the motorcycle, somewhat fazed and getting warmth from the fire. Also, when Noe pushed on Shin's nose. The hug scene.

Yup, consider my vote changed (unofficially).

Mar 2, 2008 8:00 PM

Dec 2007
I thought it was an ok episode, Jun's reaction to everything seems to make me think that he just does whatever anyone else tells him what to do and that he really holds back on his emotions. He desperately needs more character development though.
Mar 2, 2008 8:55 PM

Aug 2007
Iriya said:
Gah, NO! *picks up Noe, shoves Hiromi aside, and plants Noe down on Shin's lap*

The whole ending with childhood friend/person you've known longest is getting old now.

^haha agreed. I still liked how the story played out so far though. Just sad for Noe, who is very insightful to other's feelings (which I love about her)
Mar 2, 2008 9:51 PM

Oct 2007
As a Noe fan this episode was horrible and I didn't like it one bit. What does he see in Hiromi?

If this goes the Hiromi route then I will just archive episodes 1-8 since 8 would be the good ending with Shin having a great time with Noe.
DigimonTamerMar 2, 2008 9:54 PM
Mar 2, 2008 11:28 PM

Feb 2008
I = Noe fan

so i was not happy this time around >.<
Mar 3, 2008 12:41 AM

Oct 2007
Hmm, I'm surprised that everyone already seems to have concluded that it will end with Shin' and Hiromi being together. Shin' and Noe seemed to be really happy together, and I think that they are still doing well. Noe seemed a bit discouraged when seeing Shin' worry about Hiromi. He probably still has some lingering feelings of course, but I don't think he will forget about Noe. Noe seems to have already left a lasting effect on Shin' in many aspects, so I still think there is a high possibility for a Shin' x Noe ending.
Mar 3, 2008 12:43 AM

Apr 2007
Mathes said:

This scene with Noe was quite nice:

Yes, that scene was amazing.

I don't know what to think of this ep... It certainly didn't live up to previous eps standards. The pacing was all over the place... The animation was iffy too (thou still great compared to the majority of anime's out there).

And oh-o it looks like a Hiromi ending =/. Poor Noe...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2008 1:06 AM

Jan 2008
xhx said:
lame... knew they weren't related in the first place. Noe gave up on Shin' noo. She knows that Shin' can't fly with her because his heart is somewhere else. Noe with sad face still is a win. Hmm looks like Jun is going to do something to Hiromi. I feel like this anime has ended for me. Since episode 8 because Noe was with Shin' and that ending would be nice. =/ yeah why do people put spoilers of ep 9 while your discussing ep 9 the people that didn't watch ep 9 should not even come here is their fault for seeing the spoiler

I totally agree with that.
Look up in dictionary "Shinchiro" it says - "lamz0rd"
I guess I can't trust anythin' as nearly 80% of stories are so illogical... Because of course if there is a maon fem charr the main male charr must pair with her and no other stuff is even considered... Arrrrr it bugs me de arimasu...
Mar 3, 2008 2:50 AM

Aug 2007
Uss said:
xhx said:
lame... knew they weren't related in the first place. Noe gave up on Shin' noo. She knows that Shin' can't fly with her because his heart is somewhere else. Noe with sad face still is a win. Hmm looks like Jun is going to do something to Hiromi. I feel like this anime has ended for me. Since episode 8 because Noe was with Shin' and that ending would be nice. =/ yeah why do people put spoilers of ep 9 while your discussing ep 9 the people that didn't watch ep 9 should not even come here is their fault for seeing the spoiler

I guess I can't trust anythin' as nearly 80% of stories are so illogical... Because of course if there is a maon fem charr the main male charr must pair with her and no other stuff is even considered... Arrrrr it bugs me de arimasu...
lol, lamz0rd... thats just silly....

in any case, we found out that the story about hiromi was a lie and that she IS NOT the daughter of the husband. right?

BUT, how is she related to that woman in the picture that has her face ripped off? and WHY does shini's mom hate that woman to the point where she would LIE to hiromi about her and shini being siblings???

this is very confusing. did i miss anything? or will these questions be answered in the coming episodes?
Mar 3, 2008 4:28 AM

Jan 2008
Maybe Hiromi is not her husbands daughter but still her husbad could cheat on her. They could have sex without a children c'mon that's possible u know...
Mar 3, 2008 7:35 AM

May 2007
Good ep, looks like Shin'ichiro's mom is finally starting to warm up towards Hiromi.
Mar 3, 2008 9:35 AM
Jan 2008
doeman said:
Uss said:
xhx said:

in any case, we found out that the story about hiromi was a lie and that she IS NOT the daughter of the husband. right?

BUT, how is she related to that woman in the picture that has her face ripped off? and WHY does shini's mom hate that woman to the point where she would LIE to hiromi about her and shini being siblings???

this is very confusing. did i miss anything? or will these questions be answered in the coming episodes?

Um you should rewatch the whole series lol JK. the woman in the cut off picture is Hiromi's real mother yet we don't know anything about her but I don't think she passed away yet. I guess you don't pay attention to what they say eh? xD I think girls jealousy can take you to any point of things... i'm assuming Shin's mom is jealous of hiromi's mothers looks and Hiromi looks like her mother. I don't know why others keep thinking about affair.... whats up with the affair now adays.lol I guess people prefer affairs and affair does makes the story more interesting i guess.
Mar 3, 2008 10:34 AM

Oct 2007
For a woman to produce so much hate for a person that they would take it out on that other woman's child it is highly likely that the woman thinks an affair happened or that she felt cheated on in some manner. Jealousy might make you call the child ugly or you are cruel to them. I don't think one would potentially screw up their real child's mentality by spreading rumors saying his friend may be his sister unless there was a serious betrayal. An affair is totally plausible.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Mar 3, 2008 11:41 AM

Jan 2008
xhx said:
doeman said:
Uss said:
xhx said:

Um you should rewatch the whole series lol JK. the woman in the cut off picture is Hiromi's real mother yet we don't know anything about her but I don't think she passed away yet. I guess you don't pay attention to what they say eh? xD I think girls jealousy can take you to any point of things... i'm assuming Shin's mom is jealous of hiromi's mothers looks and Hiromi looks like her mother. I don't know why others keep thinking about affair.... whats up with the affair now adays.lol I guess people prefer affairs and affair does makes the story more interesting i guess.

Woot o_O THAT'S a total lack of logic ^_^
Being bad to girl 'cuz her mother was a bueaty? Think before u write...
Mar 3, 2008 12:39 PM
Jan 2008
ok i messed up on that one >.> i think maybe is like this Shin's dad treats Hiromi's mother with more care and kindness than he treats Shin's mom. and to a point that Shin's mom thought they had an affair because she got the looks and they were so close or something back then. and this leads to how she starts the mentality attack on Hiromi.
xhxMar 3, 2008 12:43 PM
Mar 3, 2008 1:05 PM

Dec 2007
sad episode, since my favorite is Noe, but loved it anyway. and it was nice to see Shin's mother acting a little bit more like a mother

Mar 3, 2008 1:53 PM

Jan 2008
It's not over till the last episode ....think it has peaking too early for a Hiromi ending. Fingers crossed! :)

Was there a subtle japanese sub text to "No way that could be true?" ....like she's not going to admit she was cheating on her husband directly? Are they leaving that plot door open? The mother didn't actually say they were not siblings did she??

Hiromi did not seem to be in any rush to tell Shinichiro either - maybe she is waiting for something better to come along. Has Hiromi ever indicated she actually likes Hiromi?

Does Hiromi have other reasons to think they are siblings? Maybe her real mum said something to her before her death. Maybe the mothers were twins! I'd like to see a surprise ending like that!

However Shinichiro deserves someone boring like Hiromi. Shinichiro should marry her, get her pregnant and let her become a dull little japanese house wife.

Noe is too intelligent for that. She needs to forget about Shinichiro, finish school and to go off to university and have some fun in life! I just want Noe to be happy.

Uss said:
...because of course if there is a more feminine character the main male character must pair with her and no other stuff is even considered... Arrrrr it bugs me de arimasu...
Hiromi plays basketball, dresses in what has been described as dull clothes and orders Jun around. Where as Noe cooks bentos for Shinichiro, dresses in a lovely feminine red coat and bootlets and cares for animals.
Thus a win for Noe!! :)
Mar 3, 2008 2:25 PM

Oct 2007
If I recall correctly, the person who would have cheated would be the dad with Hiromi's mom. Whether that happened or not is still up for debate.

Shin's dad clearly told Shin that Shin and Hiromi being siblings is obviously not true.
Shin's mom told Hiromi that she knew she wasn't her husband's child. Hiromi asked the mom if the story was a lie and the mom replied sorry.

They are not siblings.

I don't find Hiromi too dull since she broke out a camera to take a pic of Shin doing something stupid and then proceeding to break out in laughter about it.

I also find Hiromi versatile since she can play basketball (which can show leadership skills) and also does well in school. I can see her going to university no problem. I don't see her being some dull housewife because of that. She's just nowhere near quirky as Noe.

I agree Hiromi's fashion sense sucks not that I am one to complain but she does look like an old maid in those clothes.

Orders Jun around? I'd say she's manipulating him well to keep his end of the deal. She was being used by Jun in order to keep Shin dating Noe. If I found out that I'd be ordering around the jerk too.

Mar 3, 2008 3:14 PM

Jun 2007
Another Noe fan pissed off here.

But I felt that Shinichiro was half-hearted with Noe all along. He reminds me of Akitsuki from Suzuka, who

I am sure hoping for a twist of events, or else this series will be a great disappointment of the season.
deloreanMar 3, 2008 5:23 PM
Mar 3, 2008 4:20 PM

Jan 2008
lilgumba said:
If I recall correctly, the person who would have cheated would be the dad with Hiromi's mom. Whether that happened or not is still up for debate.
Was it ever actually made clear? Were we just presuming it was Shinichiro's "Dad"?

Why can't Shinichiro's mum have an affair? If she did she may well not know herself who the father was if she was sleeping with both men.

We need to e-mail the produces of the anime and get them to do a DNA test! :)
Mar 3, 2008 5:52 PM

Oct 2007
Well the only person that is pissed off is Shin's mom at Hiromi's mom. If by some turn of events Shin's mom liked Hiromi's mom that still wouldn't result in a child in question. If Shin's mom had the affair there really wouldn't be a big point in getting pissed off at Hiromi's mom not to mention that if the lie were true that way she would be pissed at her own daughter.
(That would be a double heck of a plot twist if it was true :P) Besides, Shin's mom wouldn't be so uptight about the guys in her life "taking sides" with Hiromi.

If you like you can all the Maury Show or one of those judge shows and I'm sure they'll handle the case. XD

Mar 3, 2008 7:19 PM

Feb 2008
fucking hell. I am officially a Hiromi-hater now.

I can almost heard Noe's heart broke when Shin hug the slut. Jeez.

Mar 3, 2008 11:26 PM

Sep 2007
kluxorious said:
fucking hell. I am officially a Hiromi-hater now.

Seriously. It was dislike before, but that bike scene... what a bitch.

So she forces Jun to take her out in the snow, when he says it will be dangerous (almost killing both of them in the process), forces Jun into a payment that he will now have to sacrifice a lot of his free time for, and gets him suspended for 2 weeks from school. And all she can say is, "It seems... kind of beautiful, though." DX

And then, right in front of Noe, Shinichirou hugs Hiromi for like, two minutes straight. Ack.
Mar 4, 2008 2:47 AM

Nov 2007
Jumping on the Hiromi hate bandwagon. Ruining the Isurugi family just like that.

The only redeeming thing about her is her musical taste, lol.

I hated Shin's mom before because she was a bitch. Now I do because she's dumb. "Lol I lied".

Shinichiro quickly losing points too...

Rejoicing because 10 is an Aiko episode. (Although more like the last nail on her coffin).
Mar 4, 2008 3:11 AM
Feb 2008
i'm sad they are going the direction of the hiromi ending, although i like her, she isn't as awesome as noe. I was honestly hoping for some more drama during all these events then we got, it seemed like a rather tame episode really. Everyone was just.... to nice
Mar 4, 2008 6:28 AM

Feb 2008
It hopefully can go Either three way but to be awkward might I suggest he goes out with tomoyo! (hiromi's friend whom has a little screen time searching for her)

It'll be a mix of all three and I'm hoping for polygamous relationship BUT ONLY cause I don't like girls crying by mans own fault...

hurting girls is too shameful I would want Shin-chan to Go an grow up with all three girls without intercourse.

Hiromi loves him, Noe loves Him, Ai-chan Loves him, Noe's bro likes him, nobeuse wants his best friend to be alright... Tomoyo wants her best friend to be alright... even the captian of the womans basketball team doesn't want to see Hiromi hurt...

What is with all of you Hiromi Haters out there anyways...

Aw fuck I wrote another ESSAY....
Mar 4, 2008 6:37 AM

Jan 2008
Dan88 said:
It's not over till the last episode ....think it has peaking too early for a Hiromi ending. Fingers crossed! :)

Was there a subtle japanese sub text to "No way that could be true?" ....like she's not going to admit she was cheating on her husband directly? Are they leaving that plot door open? The mother didn't actually say they were not siblings did she??

Hiromi did not seem to be in any rush to tell Shinichiro either - maybe she is waiting for something better to come along. Has Hiromi ever indicated she actually likes Hiromi?

Does Hiromi have other reasons to think they are siblings? Maybe her real mum said something to her before her death. Maybe the mothers were twins! I'd like to see a surprise ending like that!

However Shinichiro deserves someone boring like Hiromi. Shinichiro should marry her, get her pregnant and let her become a dull little japanese house wife.

Noe is too intelligent for that. She needs to forget about Shinichiro, finish school and to go off to university and have some fun in life! I just want Noe to be happy.

Uss said:
...because of course if there is a more feminine character the main male character must pair with her and no other stuff is even considered... Arrrrr it bugs me de arimasu...
Hiromi plays basketball, dresses in what has been described as dull clothes and orders Jun around. Where as Noe cooks bentos for Shinichiro, dresses in a lovely feminine red coat and bootlets and cares for animals.
Thus a win for Noe!! :)

I didn't mean feminine but female ;P Don't alter quotes please.
Just to explain - I'm totally on Noe side and I hate that crappy parody-of-a-girl Hiromi.
Mar 4, 2008 6:58 AM

Feb 2008
naikou said:
Seriously. It was dislike before, but that bike scene... what a bitch.

And then, right in front of Noe, Shinichirou hugs Hiromi for like, two minutes straight. Ack.

Ne ne right?

Hiromi is a fucking whore. Seriously, I'm losing interest already.

Not sure I wanna see the rest of the episodes. Hiromi x Shin just plain sucks.

If Shin likes Hiromi more than Noe, he's a whore chaser >=(

Mar 4, 2008 8:06 AM

Oct 2007
naikou said:

So she forces Jun to take her out in the snow, when he says it will be dangerous (almost killing both of them in the process), forces Jun into a payment that he will now have to sacrifice a lot of his free time for, and gets him suspended for 2 weeks from school. And all she can say is, "It seems... kind of beautiful, though." DX

Hiromi's comment after getting in a bike accident = lame. That I agree with. Both of their reactions seemed kind of off. I guess it was the shock.

Forced? I don't think so. Jun had a choice. He could have easily have said no to Hiromi but he didn't want to break up the agreement him and Shin made. Ultimately it was his decision. Seeing that Hiromi had money for a cab she could have taken that to get away if Jun refused. Don't put all the blame on Hiromi. They are both at fault. I fault Jun more because he lacked the common sense to say no. You just don't drive a motorcycle in those conditions. He even said it himself. He got suspended probably for that reason, reckless endangerment. Hiromi's getting her punishment too for bringing up the dumb idea by being outcasted by practically the entire school. As far as payment, she didn't force anything. He mentioned it and didn't ask her about it. Maybe he was taking responsibility for his actions for knowing this was a bad idea. How can you say she forced him to pay? She said the fire looked pretty and made sure gasoline won't explode in their faces.

Now...to the hug. Let me ask you, if a person you knew for almost all your life, whether it is family or a friend, got in an accident would you not get scared sh*tless and think the worse? When the taxi was driving up I bet all he could see was flames at first. Just imagine for those first few seconds what thoughts would be going in your head. Are they okay? Are they hurt? Are they dead? You approach the accident more, get out, and see them standing. You get relieved to know that they are at least alive. You don't know if they are hurt. You approach them. They tell you that they are alright. What's your reaction? It's likely going to be anger, anxiety, and relief. You don't want them to do anything like that ever again but you are thankful that they are okay. You give them a hug and don't ever want to let them go again for the duration of that hug.

Now tell me what would you do in that situation? One has to understand at least why Shin did what he did in front of Noe. Once again, no one complained about Noe running up to her brother and hugging the crap out of him. You go to the people you care for. Yeah it hurt Noe. However, you have to understand as a girlfriend or boyfriend that you aren't their center. There will be others that they care for. If something happens to that person or people then you have to step down and let them focus their attention on the other until the crises passes on. You have to be their support. I think Noe understands this even if it saddens her.

Also, we failed to remember before all the drama, confusion, implanted feelings, and dates what Noe said in episode 4: "I can help you get close to her. Yuasa Hiromi. After all, the reason for those worthless tears of yours is her isn't it?...I can help you get close to her as long as you're happy again." She thought about that with her "true heart."

Now that this incident happened and she can see again how much Hiromi means to Shin. She realizes again that the place he can fly is not with her but with Hiromi. Still she needs to support him. She told him he can fly but he can't see it. That is her purpose, to show him.

I can understand how a lot of you are disappointed that Noe is getting the back burner. I too respect Noe. If she ends up with Shin I'll be just as cool if he ends up with Hiromi. But if you say that Hiromi is a whore, she sucks, she needs to die etc., give me a reason why to believe that. Where's the evidence? (Of course I'll refute cause I'm a sucker for intellectual anime debates...and I like Hiromi :P. I also find it quite refreshing to discuss a show as it's being released.) Tell me your reasons. As I said in other posts, what you see and what I see can be different. I want to get as many viewpoints as I can because it's fun. :)

Mar 4, 2008 9:24 AM

Sep 2007
Well, okay, so the whole bike accident was only indirectly Hiromi's fault. Even still, she should have shown some remorse for what happened to Jun, for Christ's sake. Besides, Jun was pretty much doing the honorable thing by keeping his promise and risking his own life, and he even managed to keep his cool after the incident was over. Yet, apparently, Hiromi completely failed to recognize this, and made her, "It looks... kind of beautiful," comment, or whatever. That's insensitive at best, and cruel at worst.

As for Shin's hug... idk, I agree that it was a somewhat natural response, but he could have shown a bit more tact. Just by the sheer length of the hug, it seemed almost like he was using the accident as an excuse to get a free hug from Hiromi.

If nothing else, he could at least have dispelled Noe's doubts by holding her hand on the way back to the car or something to that effect. The fact that he failed to understand how Noe might react to his hugging Hiromi (even in an innocent context) baffles me.

I'm still hoping for a Noe ending. The central plot themes we have going (tears, chickens, flight), just wouldn't work for a Hiromi ending, as far as I'm concerned.
Mar 4, 2008 10:13 AM

Oct 2007
I agree that on a subconscious level that accident got Shin to do the hug he wanted to for a long time. That's the thing though...it doesn't seem conscious but more like an instinct. He totally screwed it up for Noe in the car. It's kind of like he got that "now what" feeling in his head which led to the awkward silence of death.

Hiromi got a few slow points after the accident for sure. I agree she could have at least said a sorry or something. Maybe that's to come. I'm amazed at both her and Jun to be so calm. Heck even the parents were calm. If that was me, I'd be in for an ass whooping even if I was 15, one for running away and two for being part of an accident. Maybe that's the society. "Hmmm...my car just blew up. Oh well. I'll report it. Want some tea?" It was a bit unrealistic to me. I'd say Jun should have hit the bunny. >=D

Mar 4, 2008 10:41 AM

Dec 2007
At this point...
the anime can go in two directions
An AMAZING emotional romantic drama, comparable to "ef - a tale of memories"
or the biggest disappointment of the Winter 08 anime season
Mar 4, 2008 11:02 AM

Dec 2007
I watched episode 9 two days ago. Great episode so far. LOL at motorcycle scene. I knew Shin x Noe wouldn’t last after I watched the preview on episode 8. Shin hugs Hiromi at the beginning = Bonus. Shin's mom finally shows her good side to Hiromi. My question: Why did she lied to Hiromi? I hope she have a good reason. Since Shin's mom is finally nice, Hiromi would not went emo any more. I knew that one when Shin's mom doesn’t like her which it caused Hiromi went emo. I understand everyone don't like character went emo. I don't blame Hiromi, I blame Shin's mom, and I don't hate Hiromi at first. Shin's mom says, "Hiromi is our child." Then, Shin is Hiromi's brother.Oh, I'm rooting for Shin x Hiromi.

Poor Noe. She has to break up with Shin before she have a serious heartbreak. I saw the preview, Ai-chan seem to appears up on episode 10 a lot. Nice. Hopefully, she have a good relationship with Miyokichi. Of course, Miyokichi already knew that Ai-chan liked Shin. I wasn't surprised if he didn't punch to Shin.

Kudos to who created the preview because I thought that person with red shirt was Jun when Hiromi changes her clothes. But, it's Shin's mom only. As I said many times, I hope it better not turn into School Days.
gameoffreak8Mar 4, 2008 6:19 PM
Mar 4, 2008 12:04 PM

Oct 2007
Why did Shin's mom lie? That is the big question. I hope they will answer that soon.

This will not be a School Days. Even School Days didn't stay School Days after the OVA release so why would this show be like it? Shin is not a Makoto. Noe is not a Kotohana. Hiromi is not a Sekai. They are nowhere near those characters. The situation that they are in is nowhere near the situation in School Days. It took decades for anime to get something like School Days and it'll probably take more decades to get something that will rattle our poor souls like that again. Let's have School Days die slowly in our hearts and enjoy the shows for what they are.

Mar 4, 2008 2:10 PM

Jul 2007
NOE! :(

you can tell she's sad and jealous. i don't like the way she said that shinichiro couldn't fly "here" which might mean with her. that she's telling him that he's better off with hiromi..nooooooooooo :(

but looking at the prev, it seems shinichiro fulfills his promise with the upcoming festival dance? hmmm...but please please let it be noe endinggg
Mar 4, 2008 2:38 PM

Jul 2007
-cries- Poor Noe =[

I'm happy Shin's mother isn't a complete bitch anymore. Still curious as to why she had lied in the first place and hated Hiromi's mother so much. I am hoping so much that it's a Noe ending, she seemed happy in the preview.. Also ef ended without the childhood friend getting the main lead, so that is possible in true tears as well. -crosses fingers-

I wonder what Jun's so mad about in the next episode too...
Mar 4, 2008 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
lilgumba said:

Now...to the hug. Let me ask you, if a person you knew for almost all your life, whether it is family or a friend, got in an accident would you not get scared sh*tless and think the worse? When the taxi was driving up I bet all he could see was flames at first. Just imagine for those first few seconds what thoughts would be going in your head. Are they okay? Are they hurt? Are they dead? You approach the accident more, get out, and see them standing. You get relieved to know that they are at least alive. You don't know if they are hurt. You approach them. They tell you that they are alright. What's your reaction? It's likely going to be anger, anxiety, and relief. You don't want them to do anything like that ever again but you are thankful that they are okay. You give them a hug and don't ever want to let them go again for the duration of that hug.

I was going to post the same thing earlier since Shin's reaction seemed rather natural to me. But after all of this "whore" talk, which is so founded ::rolls eyes::, I got the sense people are too deep into this anime to look at it logically now. Granted, I am still horribly biased for an 'Ai x Shin' ending, but I'm in denial and not going to take it out on the other characters.

Side note: For all of you saying Jun should have hit the bunny rabbit, there was probably a higher chance of getting in an accident by not swerving. A motorcycle in the snow is already a dumb move, then add going over a speed bump in the snow at normal ridding speed and you're asking to break your legs.
Mar 4, 2008 4:24 PM
Feb 2008
What a disappointment. Really didn't expect things end so predictably, especially when the show has been, up to now, keeping things fresh. I can expect a dull Shin-Hiromi ending. How boring. Please prove me wrong...

Mar 5, 2008 1:15 AM

Feb 2008
wow, considering this anime is 13 episodes long there seems to be a very strong fan base. I hope something happens to make ep13 open for a new series so we can all go on about this for longer... just something that seems to have sparked a lot of response. but thats not possible ::sighs::

@Hiromi and Jun Bike Crash, the accident happened, they knew it was possible, they acted accordingly... unlike some here ::rolls eyes::: they seem to control their emotions in the face of such an obvious and unsurprising turn of events events in case *the crash*.
__
I'm hoping for a Noe and Shin ending, but only cause she seems the most hurt, Ai-chan has a fallback guy I think/believe, and Hiromi has to pay off Jun's bike debt as far as i can see, since she is a nice girl and would do that... I know I don't believe thats how the story will go either, but it seems like its a possibility...

Oh and I don't like the spoilers called previews so I didn't watch them, same with bleach I don't watch the previews, but most of those are funny I'm told.
LonerGothMar 5, 2008 1:54 AM
Mar 5, 2008 10:18 AM

Oct 2007
zeroryoko1974 said:
You bastard Shin, don't you dare break Noe's heart. A fucking moose will be in your path your next bike ride

LMAO! I agree completely. Noe so deserves to be with the person she loves and Shin' would just be like pretty much every other sad guy out there if he turns round and goes "actually no, I still want Hiromi but thanks for the great time, let's forget all the fun we had together."
Mar 5, 2008 4:32 PM

Jan 2008
The ending preview is a bit of an anti-spoiler. The directors have made them to be pretty misleading in the past, so they don't reveal much.

Having Aiko feature in the preview does inevitably mean that she will feature next episode, as will some icky childhood flashbacks. Both detract from Noe v Hiromi :(.

I hope there's not too much psuedo-osananajimi style Hiromi x Shinchiro. It reminds me, annoyingly, of Elfin Lied. Any repeat of the overused flashbacks from that would destroy this anime. I hope they keep it brief and uncliched.
Mar 5, 2008 4:35 PM

Jun 2007
I'm guessing that all the guys in here, that keep saying to "stay with Noe" would forget about your true love and stay with her if you where in the same position? Personally I wouldn't want to cause more pain for the girl if I didn't truly love her. By staying with her you would be going against everything you guys have been posting in this thread (ie. don't brake her heart, don't hurt her...etc). She already knows he loves Hiromi and it would only brake her heart more seeing him being forced to stay with her and not loving her full heartily. This is just my opinion though.

edited: damn grammar :(
DeathfireDMar 5, 2008 8:50 PM
Mar 5, 2008 4:51 PM

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
I'm guessing that all the guys in here that keep saying to "stay with Noe" would forget about their true love and stay with Noe if they where in the same position? Personally I wouldn't want to cause more pain for the girl if I didn't truly love her. By staying with her you would be going against everything you guys have been posting in this thread (ie. don't brake her heart, don't hurt her...etc). She already knows he loves Hiromi and it would only brake her heart more seeing him being forced to stay with her and not loving her full heartily. This is just my opinion though.

For once I agree with you o-O

You guys should learn to never trust the stuff they show you in the episode previews...
Mar 5, 2008 6:09 PM
Nov 2007
OMG! NOE!!!
Shinichiro, what have you done? You had NOE!!!O__O
And now she's all depressed, thanks to that Shin. Ok, hugging your (false) little sister is ok, but that doesn't give you the right to hurt Noe!!
Shin doesn't deserve Noe. He's better off with that B**** Hiromi. Tch...

Hope she won't be as depressed in the next ep! Noe FIGHT-O!! Become that happy person again!
Mar 6, 2008 11:27 AM
Aug 2007
I used to like Hiromi, in fact, I still do. All you people hating on Hiromi suck. I respect Hiromi for living in the same house as Shin's mother for god knows how long, especially when you consider how Shin's mum treated her, yet Noe has done absolutely nothing to earn my respect. Yeah, she may be suffering, but realistically I think Hiromi has suffered more. Also, I just don't like her. She comes across as immature, and I like my anime to have mature characters. This episode has made me lose interest in Hiromi, but I still like her more than Noe.

...And please stop mentioning School Days. School Days was a one-of-a-kind anime that we won't see again for a while. It gets annoying hearing it in every bloody harem anime discussion.
Mar 6, 2008 5:06 PM

Oct 2007
4/5...its a bit lazy but i guess more honest to have no real explanation come from Shin's mom.

I liked how Shin's dad put shin in his place. I would too if I thought my son could actually believe I wasnt faithful.

Noe is taking her competition with Hiromi a little far in my opinion which is making for some over dramatization.

finally I miss Ai as well but I knew she wasnt gonna be in this ep as thats what they always do with her character type.
Mar 7, 2008 6:44 AM

Feb 2008
its just a shame that we all have opinions on this true tears, its only 13 eps long, and I've just watched the whole anime of Mahou Sensei Negima! and am looking for the OVS's and am getting the whole Manga series from start to current release... becuase this seems to be what I do, I fall for the anime and want more, even with a reletively brilliant ending... Guess that I'm like this cause i've not enjoyed my life like Noe and shin...

or even Naruto...

I've sqandered and now I've been desperately wanting more and more from others in every way... but at least I can say that I've got a problem... even if I don't want to correct it.

I hope True Tears is talked about after it finishes...
Mar 7, 2008 3:50 PM

Feb 2008
LonerGoth said:

....I've sqandered and now I've been desperately wanting more and more from others in every way... but at least I can say that I've got a problem... even if I don't want to correct it.

I guess a lot of people think like this. We somehow take more interest in the lifes of others than in our own life. Is this sad? maybe.....but its definitely fun! ^^
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Mar 29, 2008

494 by blinddig »»
Mar 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.