Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 2016 6:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm I feel like the show is focusing a bit too much on Mari recently. Well, Matsunaga still won't leave her alone so...

Perhaps she's feeling something more than just annoyance for once as well.
May 8, 2016 7:00 AM

Nov 2007
Her brother (wait, Yamaguchi-san?) picked her up. The main girl thought he's just playing with her, and that made him wants to seriously confess with her. So according to the conversation with her brother, he was called Maa-kun. She also heard the conversation and seems to understand his feeling.

Finally changed to May ED. "Soba ni Iru kara" by otaku guy. I think I like his ED the most so far.
tsubasaloverMay 8, 2016 7:03 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 8, 2016 7:43 AM

Sep 2013
Where i can watch it? Raw is fine
May 8, 2016 9:03 AM

Aug 2013
So actually it was a huge progress between Mari and Matsunaga in this episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 8, 2016 9:13 AM

Sep 2013
MatTsui is <3 <3 <3
Damn damn, Matsunaga is so sweet.....
May 8, 2016 9:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was too great

Matsun is too good for her though....This guy is going the extra mile for her and she's just so damn difficult and annoying sometimes
May 8, 2016 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
I think this might be my favourite episode thus far, I really enjoyed the progress
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 8, 2016 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode. Liked the conversation between Matsun and Mari's brother.

Really rooting for Matsun, He's a really great guy.

Nice to see Mari also showing some change.
May 8, 2016 9:42 AM

Dec 2014
Got to know more about Mari.. hope she gets over being a brocon
May 8, 2016 9:45 AM

Jul 2015
I wanted this adapted so bad and they nailed it, god i love this show /manga
May 8, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
Matsunaga, Tomoya <<3 <3 <3 <3 you are my fav hahha
May 8, 2016 11:00 AM

Mar 2013
The misunderstanding at the beginning was hilarious the way mari-chan tells her brother that matsu is not her boyfriend. Overall I loved this episode it was great development for matsu and mari. I guess mari-chan is starting to have feelings for matsu since he's no longer saved under creepy jerk in her contacts. one thing that bugged me anna never showed up to see mari I guess they had to remove that to get the great conversations and confessions from matsu.
May 8, 2016 11:23 AM

Aug 2015
Even though Kobayakawa and Natsuki are supposed to be the main couple, Mattsun and Mari are just way more interesting.. so I liked todays episode more than the ones with the focus on Mr. "What should I do?" and Mrs."I have no idea what's going on".
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
May 8, 2016 11:34 AM

Nov 2007

Erika___ said:
MatTsui is <3 <3 <3
Damn damn, Matsunaga is so sweet.....

The moment when I started to like Mattsun and totally started rooting for MatTsui to happen! The adaptation has done justice here!

I am a bit sad though because it also marks the

Tokoya said:
Matsun is too good for her though....This guy is going the extra mile for her and she's just so damn difficult and annoying sometimes

Well, if you had read the manga, you'd know that he had been a loose guy, fooling around with multiple women and even caught four timing. He also flirted with other girls while joking around Mari in front of her (I am not talking about the previous episode here). There was nothing great about him until he seriously fell in love with Mari. So, no matter what, it may so be that she can be annoying at time, but in the end it is she who has changed Mattsun and thus it makes us see him as a great guy.

FallenEntity said:
one thing that bugged me anna never showed up to see mari I guess they had to remove that to get the great conversations and confessions from matsu.

If I recall correctly, it was same in the manga. Anna was just shown leaving from Mari's apartment.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 8, 2016 11:40 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Matsun x Mari is probably the most enjoyable couple right now (and strangely I liked it the least near the beginning of the series). This episode was sweet enough to give me diabetes.

5/5
May 8, 2016 11:41 AM

Aug 2010
That was really cute. Loved the conversation between Tomoya and Mari's brother and the fact she heard it. Good stuff.

The phone call in front of the door was cute

And the way Mari changed his name on the phone was really nice
May 8, 2016 11:42 AM

Nov 2015
This episode was good. The romance was high and Mattsun finally confessed his feelings for Mari. What I want is a happy ending with all of them together and probably a kiss.

Let's see:
Yukirin and Tsupono are already couple
Mattsun sister confessed her love for Keiichi
Natsuki and Kobayaka-san show ever so slightly love for each other.

7 more episodes until its over

"The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering, and emptiness." -Madara Uchiha
May 8, 2016 12:46 PM

Jun 2015
I'm not fond of this episode. It was ok, but nothing more. For the first time it felt like more than those 13 minutes.
May 8, 2016 1:02 PM

Dec 2012
Accelority said:
Even though Kobayakawa and Natsuki are supposed to be the main couple, Mattsun and Mari are just way more interesting.. so I liked todays episode more than the ones with the focus on Mr. "What should I do?" and Mrs."I have no idea what's going on".

I agree with you so much. Natsuki and Anna are literally the most uninteresting characters/couple among all. It's a shame they (will) get the most attention since they're the supposed main focus.
May 8, 2016 1:32 PM

Jul 2015
That's some progress for Matsun this ep. Mari better start opening up to him lol
May 8, 2016 1:57 PM

Apr 2015
Mari is my favorite coz she's both cute yet hard to "capture". Hope we reach another episode focusing on the two but I never yet see one after this in the manga.
#CHEXIT
May 8, 2016 4:31 PM

Apr 2015
Nicely adapted. From now on Mari will act a lil different towards Matsun.
May 8, 2016 5:25 PM

Jul 2015
aww matsun's such a sweet guy ;w; and that confession scene was really cute

May 8, 2016 7:29 PM

Sep 2010
That was a big step in Mattsun and Mari's relationship! I'm glad Mattsun got to convey his feelings properly even though it was over the phone, but it was also technically in person.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
May 8, 2016 10:35 PM

Oct 2012
Hnnnnng Mari x Mattsun is too good~
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 8, 2016 11:14 PM
Nov 2010
I really enjoyed the focus on Mari x Mattsun. Most of the laughs come from their belittling and bickering at each other. Mattsun gets shot down quite a lot and so far I haven't got tired of it. You know that no matter how hard Mari hits him, he can take it and shrug it off. They're quite cute together and I really liked the conversation with the older brother. I really hope it works out with all of them ^_^
May 9, 2016 1:48 AM

Feb 2014
Fave episode so far - good to see some serious progress between Mari and Matsunaga.

Can someone tell me if we have to wait long until we will see a couple emerge??
May 9, 2016 2:41 AM

Sep 2013
RainyDayLover said:
Fave episode so far - good to see some serious progress between Mari and Matsunaga.

it won't even happen in the anime i think..
as far as i remember, that episode is from like chapter 20 or 21.
and the first one to go out in the 3 remaining couple is
May 9, 2016 2:53 AM

May 2014
This was the cutest episode yet!

Mari changing his name on her phone was the icing on the cake. :3
May 9, 2016 9:16 AM

Oct 2009
She changed his name from "Creepy Jerk" to his real name.... HE'S IN BOOOOIIISSSS!

Best episode so far!! LOVE/10
*starts flipping tables* ‎(ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸... (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸... (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸... (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸... (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸... (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸... (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸... (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸... (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸... (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸...
Almost perfect adaptation! Seriously! If they just added a bit more uhhh.... appropriate BG music that'd be a 10/10. Still, it was great, and one of the cutest scenes that was adapted from the manga!

shanimebib said:

I am a bit sad though because it also marks the

SAme.
welp. Since their scenes are gone... time to stop watching the anime. lol

srsly MatTsui is the only reason why I'm watching this show. (ಠ_ಠ)
Thug_GouMay 9, 2016 9:24 AM

May 9, 2016 9:22 AM

Apr 2011
Aww...Mattsun is changing because of Mari. Yet she's unaware of that.
May 9, 2016 10:42 AM

Nov 2007
@Thug_Gou: The anime is likely to end with only one official couple, haha. Just like it started!

Erika___ said:
RainyDayLover said:

it won't even happen in the anime i think..
as far as i remember, that episode is from like chapter 20 or 21.
and the first one to go out in the 3 remaining couple is

I know but for now the first thing's first! And that would be

I still don't know why the four girls are never considered as lead characters in the manga/anime.
Coronavirus.
May 9, 2016 12:00 PM

Sep 2007
*__* My favorite chapter is finally adaptated!!! <3 LOVELY!
May 9, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2007
Mari is canonically in love with Anna. She's a lesbian, or at least bi, and in love with her female best friend. Why on Earth does Mattsun think it's OK to push his feelings on her whilst knowing all of this? It's absurd.
May 9, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2015
Kuromii said:
Mari is canonically in love with Anna. She's a lesbian, or at least bi, and in love with her female best friend. Why on Earth does Mattsun think it's OK to push his feelings on her whilst knowing all of this? It's absurd.
That's basically the only thing I dislike in this anime. You can't just approach somebody you like, and who you know that doesn't like other/same sex and use emotional blackmail on them this way... It won't magically change what they like. Only thing it could change is sense of guilt.
My friend had similar problem and it ended shitty.
May 9, 2016 6:14 PM

Oct 2009
Kuromii said:
Azbest said:
That's basically the only thing I dislike in this anime. You can't just approach somebody you like, and who you know that doesn't like other/same sex and use emotional blackmail on them this way... It won't magically change what they like. Only thing it could change is sense of guilt.

Cause it's manga/anime, it's fictional, and Love is Magical. pffft (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
aaaand you know what's coming if love is magical~ ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆- ♥

But srsly... maybe we don't know it, but there might be real life cases which are similar to this one and then maybe, that couple ended up together. :0

May 9, 2016 8:17 PM

Jul 2013
Azbest said:
Kuromii said:

I don't think Mari is a lesbian. She was obviously in love with her brother. There are cases where people turn to homosexuality because of huge disappointment from the other sex, which seems the case for her. Still, it's not like she's inherently lesbian and even if she's a bi that means she still likes men.

The way I see it Matsun's just making it clear to her that he's serious because obviously Mari knows him as an infamous playboy. If he was truly pushing his feelings on her, he'd have pressed on the matter of her brother. It's not like it's something really surprising for Mari either because one way or another, she must have suspected or knew it somehow given the way Matsun treated her. She just needed a confirmation that he's truly in love with her and not just playing around (especially after she caught him being flirted on by another girl last episode).
May 9, 2016 8:23 PM

Apr 2012
Kuromii said:

exactly. that, and the fact that their relationship started with him forcing a kiss on her taints the whole damn thing.
i might actually like their relationship a bit if it wasn't for that
May 9, 2016 8:26 PM

Nov 2007
Kuromii said:
Mari is canonically in love with Anna.

She is just in denial. :P

Coronavirus.
May 9, 2016 8:26 PM

Oct 2009
Ma-kun is actually her brother, we got it wrong guys lol

ganbatte Mattsun, your rival is a girl afterall =.=
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

May 9, 2016 10:30 PM

Oct 2013
oh wow what a huge leap
I can't wait for Keichii's progress too

"Hello."

May 10, 2016 12:33 AM

Aug 2008
Even though Mari can be annoying, I find her very cute. Perhaps that's why I can actually understand Matsunaga's attraction towards the so-called 'Spit Woman'. Oh, yeah, I do. Anyhow, I enjoyed this episode a lot. I am expecting her to fall for Matsunaga sooner or later, in her own, unique, peculiar fashion, but what's also interesting is the fact that she's confused with regards to the fact that she is 'in love' with Anna (now, is she or is she not? that's what we ought to find out in the following episodes, I suppose). I think she might be confused towards the matter, but who knows? I like it how she's confused now. I liked it how, at the end of the episode, she was all like ”but I love Anna...” as if saying ”what's this? I shouldn't be feeling kind or whatever towards this creepy jerk because I'm already in love with Anna and I can't fall for him” or something. As I said, I find her cute.

And as far as Matsunaga goes, he's on my liking too (even though my all-time-favourite is Keiichi <3 long live the Sadist *haha*.) Anyhow, he's just right for his Spit Woman. Not to speak of that scene where he carries her around... or when he tells the brother that he's Mari-chan's boyfriend (cuteness overboard), even though Mari, of course, denies it in her unique fashion.

Bottom line, gotta love this cutesy piece of anime. Am totally looking forward to the next episode.
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
May 10, 2016 4:54 AM

May 2016
Teh said:
Even though Mari can be annoying, I find her very cute. Perhaps that's why I can actually understand Matsunaga's attraction towards the so-called 'Spit Woman'. Oh, yeah, I do. Anyhow, I enjoyed this episode a lot. I am expecting her to fall for Matsunaga sooner or later, in her own, unique, peculiar fashion, but what's also interesting is the fact that she's confused with regards to the fact that she is 'in love' with Anna (now, is she or is she not? that's what we ought to find out in the following episodes, I suppose). I think she might be confused towards the matter, but who knows? I like it how she's confused now. I liked it how, at the end of the episode, she was all like ”but I love Anna...” as if saying ”what's this? I shouldn't be feeling kind or whatever towards this creepy jerk because I'm already in love with Anna and I can't fall for him” or something. As I said, I find her cute.

And as far as Matsunaga goes, he's on my liking too (even though my all-time-favourite is Keiichi <3 long live the Sadist *haha*.) Anyhow, he's just right for his Spit Woman. Not to speak of that scene where he carries her around... or when he tells the brother that he's Mari-chan's boyfriend (cuteness overboard), even though Mari, of course, denies it in her unique fashion.

Bottom line, gotta love this cutesy piece of anime. Am totally looking forward to the next episode.

I agree with on that, I think you describe Mari's character very well…

I believe she is very confused and can’t trust anyone that why she has only anna as a friend whom she can trust and like.

She thinks her brother betrayed her that's why she marked every guy as a creature who can't be trusted… Therefore, to avoid betrayal and heartbreak, she blocks almost every guy (not to mention our hero Mattsun is a play boy XD).

But still she is a type of a person who treasures people around her which is what makes her a great person ^^
May 10, 2016 6:49 AM

May 2010
Definitely my fav ep so far! Like I was totally making a gross face when Mattsun confessed on phone and Mari FINALLY got dere. Yup, best ship with my favorite characters for sure!

I was laughing hard when I saw that Mari has saved his name as "gross jerk" but then she changed it to his real name and even thanked him nicely for coming. Yup, cuteness overload.
TragicRomanceMay 10, 2016 6:53 AM
May 10, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2012
This show is wonderful *-*. I liked the conversation with his brother, he seems to be a nice guy.
It was a beautiful confession
May 10, 2016 3:19 PM

Jun 2010
Nice episode, but I feel sorry for Mattsun. </3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2016 6:33 PM
Jul 2013
[quote=Thug_Gou message=45957674]
Kuromii said:
Azbest said:

I see her as straight, IMO I think you are taking 'Mari in love with Anna' too literally. To me, she doesn't seem sexuality/romantically in love with Anna.
However, when Mari first said she loved Anna, I was taken aback because I didn't expect that.

BUT when I thought about how their relationship was portrayed prior to that reveal and even in the episodes later, I can only see their relationship as best friends. Mari is obsessive of Anna becasue of her own past - she is more trusting in women and feels the need to love women.
The anime trope: 'protective best friend' comes to mind. These protective friends always try to chase men away because:

1) doesn't want to be alone
2) jealously
3) bad past (most of the time it's distrust in opposite gender)

In this case, Mari's brother obviously affected her in some way. I guess she was in love with her onii-chan.
OR I could be completely wrong and Mari is a lesbian but I do think she has an interest in boys, so Bi.

PS: I don't mean to offend anyone, sorry if I do..
May 10, 2016 9:45 PM

Nov 2007
ADDThom said:

In this case, Mari's brother obviously affected her in some way. I guess she was in love with her onii-chan. OR I could be completely wrong and Mari is a lesbian but I do think she has an interest in boys, so Bi.

Mari found a way out through Anna who was the only one who approached her when she was going through rough patches in life because of the emotional setback she suffered after her brother got married. Her unrequited love for her brother made what she is now. Mari is straight. She is not after Anna's lips. Let's keep in mind that it would have been entirely different if Mari was shown to be a matured girl but she isn't. Just because she says that she loves Anna doesn't make her homosexual or bisexual. This is not entirely rare. There are girls IRL who love their father/brother in a younger age particularly when they are doted and they think they can marry them because they usually don't understand the consequences of such love and/or what is acceptable and what is not in the eyes of the society.

The reason she acts cold towards everyone who approaches Anna is because of her fear of losing the only person she has opened herself to. The feeling of being betrayed takes over her and thus she does all these childish things.
Coronavirus.
May 10, 2016 10:41 PM

Aug 2008
shanimebib said:
ADDThom said:

In this case, Mari's brother obviously affected her in some way. I guess she was in love with her onii-chan. OR I could be completely wrong and Mari is a lesbian but I do think she has an interest in boys, so Bi.

Mari found a way out through Anna who was the only one who approached her when she was going through rough patches in life because of the emotional setback she suffered after her brother got married. Her unrequited love for her brother made what she is now. Mari is straight. She is not after Anna's lips. Let's keep in mind that it would have been entirely different if Mari was shown to be a matured girl but she isn't. Just because she says that she loves Anna doesn't make her homosexual or bisexual. This is not entirely rare. There are girls IRL who love their father/brother in a younger age particularly when they are doted and they think they can marry them because they usually don't understand the consequences of such love and/or what is acceptable and what is not in the eyes of the society.

The reason she acts cold towards everyone who approaches Anna is because of her fear of losing the only person she has opened herself to. The feeling of being betrayed takes over her and thus she does all these childish things.

Yup, I quite agree with what you're saying. Even though I do like a good bisexual/homosexual character, this anime just doesn't seem the type, and not only that, Mari does not seem that type of character. Your description/view of her seems quite accurate to me.

TragicRomance said:
Definitely my fav ep so far! Like I was totally making a gross face when Mattsun confessed on phone and Mari FINALLY got dere. Yup, best ship with my favorite characters for sure!

I was laughing hard when I saw that Mari has saved his name as "gross jerk" but then she changed it to his real name and even thanked him nicely for coming. Yup, cuteness overload.

Haha, me too! I laughed so hard then, but her changing his name in her phone was indeed too cute <3.
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
May 11, 2016 1:58 AM
May 2014
Kuromii said:

Well, if she is bi, and as Anna doesn't seems to be, it's not absurd at all. He tells her how he feels and hope she can look a little more around her. It's the same as if she was in love with anyone who doesn't love her. She needs to forget about it. Being loved is a good start to open your eyes.

And there are a lot of other things we know (and mattsun knows) that makes this move really thoughtfull.
. Her hate for men seems to be based on previous bad experience, so she is probably bi and not lesbian
. Her love for Anna is linked to the fact that she is the only one accepting to spend time with her
. She started to have doubts about herself loving Anna
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nijiiro Days Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

114 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:50 AM

Poll: » Nijiiro Days Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

38 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 4, 2023 3:20 AM

Poll: » Nijiiro Days Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

39 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 2, 2023 11:13 PM

Poll: » Nijiiro Days Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

36 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:06 PM

Poll: » Nijiiro Days Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

58 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 27, 2023 5:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.