Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 6, 2013 7:03 AM

Aug 2010
It frustrates me how positive Sawako still thinks about Kurumi, i still hate her
i thought Yano-chan's plan would've been a bit more interesting though T^T But i still love her :D

And i LOVE the misunderstanding about Kurumi's feelings for Pin XD

Mar 1, 2013 8:03 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm, think I'm gonna have to drop this show after this episode. Was pretty decent so far but this episode really pissed me off. That Sawako girl really needs to stop being such an idiot.
Jul 13, 2013 5:02 PM

Jun 2010
best part of this episode was the talk between sawako and kurumi at the end...sawakos innocence/stupidity or whatever u want to call it is getting annoying
Jul 27, 2013 3:10 AM
Jan 2013
If not for Sawako's social awkwardness and stupidity this show would have been half shorter.

I'm not nearly as irritated as some of you by her behavior. What Kurumi thinks and does it what most girls do or would do when they care about someone so much (well maybe not THAT manipulative).
Anyway, it would be much nicer and easier it girls thought like Sawako and support each other. But since the world it different her actions are so ridiculous.

The episode itself was very good, I love how this show never seems to be dragging things too much and is really diverse in art.
Jul 30, 2013 8:29 PM

Apr 2013
Pin is such a riot!

Sawako should really think more but still love her...

Kurumi should have also used her brain. Well karma is a bitch. Now she has to deal with the Pin rumors hahahah xD

4/5

Nov 12, 2013 2:11 AM
Apr 2012
This thread is a bit old, but I'd like to get a word in.

For everyone saying Sawako is naive and stupid for being so forgiving and oblivious... I find her to be really strong, and what people call oblivious I see as just too beautifully kind, that it leaves me in awe.

Many people are manipulative and the ones who are project/generalize that image on the world because it's something that becomes integrated in a person's roots so they think every other person is the same way. Most are, but every rule has an exception. Sawako doesn't see why the world should be fighting, only how to make it better.

She could see how much Kurumi was in pain, and showed her something she's forgotten and no one else could give her because they don't have this strength of Sawako's. The strength I'm referring to is kindness and sincerity.

I respect and admire Sawako because I've never seen someone who can cry so honestly. If I ever have, then I have regrettably long forgotten it.

It doesn't matter if anyone who criticizes Sawako changes their minds.. In my opinion... Since she doesn't do it because others are watching or with an agenda, I think she takes full responsibility for her choices and just does what's right, more right then any normal person could even come near to. In closing, she's not looking to spare an enemy, because she doesn't see threats, only people, and she doesn't see that people are broken, but rather how she can brighten people's lives, because she hasn't lost sight of such a simple truth: Everyone just wants to be happy, no matter who they are... Her magic mends the scars on people's hearts that are hidden too deep to see.

I'm known to be stubborn, so maybe I got it all wrong, but it's my opinion, and I can't do anything but stick by it, because it's what I truly believe. If you disagree, then I still accept you for your opinion even if you don't accept me for mine.
Feb 14, 2014 9:33 AM

Apr 2012
good god Sawako is so apologetic all the time .........it pisses me off
and Kurumi still feels she is entitled to something LOL.

Feb 14, 2014 12:11 PM
Aug 2013
Like everyone else, Sawako's apologetic personality gets on my nerves too... it's really cliche for a lot of shoujos for the main to be super insecure and unsure of her feelings. But I'm trusting reviews I've read that this anime eventually breaks the stereotypes. ^^;

Even kurumi's character reminds me SO MUCH of Megumi from Suki-tte Ii na yo. She tries to isolate the main character by cutting her off from her friends, acts really sweet to her face, etc.

The Pin rumors are such vicious karma though haha! I can't think of anything worse.
Mar 30, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2008
I get why she feels that way I know what it feels like to be used and then discarded bc I became useless to them i do know what it feels like so I guess in that sense I do feel bad for her

When everyone was feeling sorry for her with the Pin scene n everything I was like even with all this I dont feel sorry for her u reap what u so n i felt like I didnt care what happened until i finished the sentence n i was like well hell I do feel sorry for her but only when it comes to that though because I still think she is a bitch no matter what is said however I did think that same way of I think her name was Aiko-chan from Sukitte Ii na yo but my impression of her chanced in that so i guess it could happen but it is going to take alot to do that.
Valeria-chanMar 30, 2014 5:59 PM
Apr 1, 2014 4:47 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Chizu scores a nice free kick, Ronaldo style.

Sawako has begun to kind of disappoint me a bit, but I do like her innocence.

As for Kurumi, I feel bad for her now.

Apr 17, 2014 2:30 AM

Jul 2013
People who hate Sawako's naivety, I wonder if you guys even understand her character at all.

I mean this is the girl who hasn't had friends for most of her life. Chizu and Ayane are literally her first close friends. Then there's this girl Kurumi whom she trusted and adored so much that even when she revealed her real characteristic, Sawako still likes her.

You can't seriously expect her to instantly hate Kurumi? all these revelations about Kurumi spreading the rumors and tricking her is waaaay too much information for the innocent Sawako to process. She's even more naive than Chizu. She doesn't understand all these tricking or that her role model, the very first friend who revealed her secret to her, could mean any harm. In Sawako's eyes, whatever Kurumi did must have a reason behind them. She's hurt of course, but her believe that they're friends (which has been embedded for a long time) easily pushed away any possible anger that she had for Kurumi. In the first place, it's not like Sawako's even capable of hating.. not even to those bitches who insulted Chizuru and Ayane in the toilet.

I don't really hate Kurumi. What she did was despicable but it was true to her nature. On the other hand she's still sincere with Sawako and Sawako's probably the only one she can truly show her real self to. Despite her believe of superiority towards Sawako, deep down she's also insecure. She envies that Sawako can get close to Kazehaya without trying too much and she envies that Sawako has a nice name unlike hers. I mean seriously, not even Chizuru and Ayane refers to Sawako by her real name. If they had met on different situation, I believe Kurumi and Sawako can become the best of friends.
May 17, 2014 3:51 PM

Aug 2013
I don't sympatize with Kurumi. What she did was horrible, regardless how much she likes him. If she liked him, she should just have told him and if he rejected her, try to change his feeling. What a whiny bitch.

I guess next episode she will tell him her feeling to clear that misunderstanding with Pin and try getting at the ''rival'' level.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 21, 2014 5:05 AM

Jan 2014
Sawako is doing everything right imo. One cannot simply
hate Kurumi for doing that, since she did that for love. :)
I would love the two of them to become friends after all.
Aug 17, 2014 6:45 PM

Nov 2012
awww Sawako :3 You sweet little thing :3
Sep 21, 2014 10:51 PM

Jul 2013
I still don't feel bad for Kurumi. She's still a cunt.

But I do understand not telling Kazehaya - it's something you should just let people see for themselves.
Dec 1, 2014 2:24 AM

Apr 2013
Damn. This episode made me feel some sympathy for Kurumi (especially with regards to the Pin misunderstanding). She's still a bitch though. However, it made me love Sawako even more (although I still don't understand what goes through her head at times).
dankzelDec 1, 2014 2:27 AM
Jan 15, 2015 2:11 AM

Jan 2013
Poor Kurumi, and the other girls badmouthing her from behind...
Feb 9, 2015 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
Silver4000 said:
Poor Kurumi, and the other girls badmouthing her from behind...

She deserves it. Cry bitch. Cry till the end of the world.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 3, 2015 2:46 AM

Jun 2013
Sawako's kindness and innocence.

If I were her, I'll tell Kazehaya right away about Kurumi's wrongdoing. But I'm not that kind (I'm nice, but of course I want to give a lesson to someone who's bullying me).

Yoshida and Yano are awesome friends, I wish I can have friends like them.

Some girls heard Pin's false statement about him rejecting Kurumi's love for him. I have a feeling that rumors will start spreading about Kurumi, and then she will get bullied.
Jan 21, 2016 7:01 PM

Nov 2011
That... was unexpected. The ending has made be tear up quite a bit. It isn't a strong emotional feeling, and I don't know if I can pin it down to something specific (unless I tried to blame it on the characters tearing up-- I'm aware of that tactic and I don't think that's what happened here), but it feels pretty good. It's like a soft, relaxing, happy sort of resonating inside. I can't remember the last time I've felt something like that.

Shiina has created a beautiful character in Sawako. I'd like to know someone that pure and loving.

I knew I was enjoying this a lot, but I didn't know I was this invested. Wow.
TripleSRankJan 21, 2016 7:06 PM
Feb 17, 2016 3:25 AM

Mar 2014
Legend of the Secret Leader . Stress over buttons ~ .
Hidoi !! Sawako-chan didn't deserve those words but .. it's for the better .
So touching Chizu-chin and Yano-chin ~ !! They're incredible tomodachi ~ .
Sympathy and Kindness . Sports meeting still fully loaded ~ .
Pin-sensei is-- .. well .. really retarded as heck ~ . Girls talk !!
"Much more in love .." Well .. you had your chances ~ . True Feelings ~ .
Very GREAT EPISODE . A Cute one <3 .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2016 11:12 AM
Jul 2016
It is very unrealistic that Sawako cant even get mad or say anything bad after everything that happened with Kurumi!
But at the end i felt pretty bad for Kurumi, she is very two-faced and quite mean and fake, but i feel so bad for being in love with him for so many years with nothing in return, and she feels it doesn matter if she is cute or popular or anything if she cant have him!
Oct 3, 2016 2:27 AM
Nov 2014
I'm so fucking done with this pile of garbage anime. I endured these painful last episodes to see if that bitch kurumi gets what she deserves but no fucking sawako just forgives her. Sawako has to be one of the worst romance protagonists I've ever seen. Her stupidity is seriously frustrating.
Jan 21, 2017 5:06 PM
Mar 2015
A charming episode right here. Nice reactions too.
Apr 4, 2018 3:02 AM

Aug 2017
I feel bad for Kurumi.
Nov 24, 2018 1:45 PM

Oct 2017
So Kurumi fully confessed to the rumors that was spread about Sawako and her friends. Chizu and Ayane thought Sawako would go off on Kurumi once she heard the truth, but instead she started crying. Poor thing, she really thought her friendship with Kurumi was the real deal. And Kurumi says she doesn’t feel bad about it, or about using or manipulating people. She says everyone else would do the same to her at the drop of a hat. Ayane says since Kurumi doesn’t feel bad at all, she might as well tell Kazehaya all that she’s done. Kurumi tells her to go ahead. It seems as if she’s given up at this point..

Sawako quickly runs up to Chizu and Ayane and begs them not to tell Kazehaya. She could see how hurt Kurumi was and how she wasn’t showing her true feelings before. They agree if that’s what Sawako wants than they won’t do it. They also mention that the rumors weren’t the worst. After all, those rumors made the three of them wonderful friends.

During the soccer match, all Sawako can think of is Kurumi. She never actually said anything to her when she was confronted. Sawako thinks about all the two of them have said and done together. She loved being around Kurumi and being her friend, weather it was real or fake. She appreciated Kurumi being so open and honest about her feelings. So she runs off to do the same. She wants to get all of her feelings out to Kurumi.

Lol Pin is still fixated on Kurumi’s “love”
For him. He won’t keep his mouth shut, so now lots of people think Kurumi’s in love with him. I still don’t really feel that sorry for her.

Sawako finds Kurumi sitting in the same spot she left her at. She begins to tell her how she feels about Kazehaya, how she has romantic feelings for him, and how nervous it makes her, telling a friend about these feelings for the first time. Kurumi just can’t understand Sawako. She screams that their not friends, that she hates Sawako. Sawako doesn’t see it that way. She says she really likes how cute Kurumi looks, seeking out Kazehaya. With tears streaming down her face, Kurumi says none of it matters if Kazehaya won’t ever like her back. I won’t deny I got pretty teary eyed on this part and might possibly feel just a little bit sorry for Kurumi. She really does love Kazehaya. Looks like next time she might just tell him the truth.
Feb 1, 2019 3:25 PM

Jul 2016
Uhm... I know it's shoujo and "love" is always the main topic but God, Kurumi, it's just a boy, get over it!
And now, rumors will be spread about her liking Pin... or at least, that's what I hope so, oh sweet karma.

Anyways, it was an OK episode. I really liked the first part but the second one not that much. Sawako is so innocent she can't understand people can have two faces... I know being clueless is part of her character but being unable to understand that people might do dishonest things to get their way is becoming a bit annoying. I just hope she can change that way of thinking in the next episodes.

And regarding the next episode, it seems Kurumi will FINALLY confess to Kazehaya... way too late in my opinion but well, at least the rejection will help her to close this chapter of her life and move on.
Oct 14, 2019 3:29 PM

Dec 2014
I hate Kurumi so much lol, Sawako is way too innocent imo.
Jan 10, 2020 10:34 AM
Apr 2016
I really do like Kurumi after all, she's just adorable! Can't help it.
Jun 10, 2020 2:08 PM
Jun 2020
ngl im not mad at what happened in this episode
i mean kurmi's or whatever personality was so "innocent" and it pisses me off
ik she liked the boi a lot but like, jeez ;-;
Oct 7, 2020 5:27 AM

Jun 2020
this whole kurumi thing is dragging out longer than it needs to be, sorry but i really didn't care for this episode. it's not like they are going to end up as best friends anyway. i like that it shows that you can be friends with someone in the most warped/dramatic situations & it's not always black-and-white, and it shows how patient & kind sawako is....but wow it's too much it's almost boring. the dialogue is pretty repetitive, they probably repeated what they already said before.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 24, 2021 4:57 AM

Aug 2017
I understand Kurumi but she's still a jerk. Just confess your love to Kazehaya instead of hurting others.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 2, 2021 2:40 PM

Jan 2021
Kurumi’s trying too hard. She’s trying to become the ideal girl she thinks Kazehaya is interested in, but it’s not going to work , whether or not Sawako is in the picture.
CalmTeaTimeNov 4, 2023 10:52 AM
Jul 9, 2021 1:58 PM

Jun 2020
Cenedess said:
BokuSatchii said:
This. With each episode, I've been discovering more and more that the biggest draw of this anime for me is the strong supporting cast, whereas Kazehaya and especially Sawako have just begun to grate on my nerves. Kurumi has proved to be the most interesting character by far; I've really liked the way she's written.

This, except that it's not Kurumi that I like the best (all hail Ryuu, for he is awesome). Sawako makes me roll my eyes too much xP Kazehaya isn't half bad, he's really cute and not as naive as Sawako...Chizu is my 2nd favourite. AND PIN. Pin, dammit, he cracked me up again today xD

I agree with most of this, the side characters give this show its life and charm. Kazehaya has the potential to be a really interesting character depending on how they develop him, but thus far he's been a bit of a typical adorable male love interest. Sawako on the other hand is just an angel with selective emotional intelligence. She can tell Kurumi doesn't truly hate her despite repeatedly being told that she does, sh eimmediately knows when something is wrong with Ayane and Chizu, yet she somehow can't comprehend that Kazehaya fancies her.
I've seen it said that Kazehaya should be more forward, but to be honest Kazehaya is being as direct as he realistically can without coming off as a slightly desperate creep like Sawako does!

I think the reason this episode felt a bit forced was that Sawako actually acted with too much confidence and self-esteem when Kurumi blatantly rejected her multiple times. If her sense of self was as fragile as her interactions with Ayane, Chizu, Ryu and Kazehaya have shown us then Kurumi's two-faced nastiness could well have truly devastated her, maybe even led to lasting trust/commitment issues IRL. Rumours in high school don't go away just like that because you've got friends who deny it.

What Kurumi did could have genuinely ruined Sawako's life if Ayane and Chizu weren't there to back her up. Hopefully what goes around comes around and Kurumi will find her social standing dropped significantly. Unfortunately I do not hold out much hope.

Remember this is the first time anyone has betrayed her. When she was a loner with the exception of the odd bit of mockery from her classmates but at least she knew where she stood with them.
BritishBlitz87Jul 10, 2021 3:10 PM
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Apr 11, 2022 10:30 PM
Dec 2019
A prime example of the talk no jutsu.
Sawako lowkey gives me Tohru vibes from fruitsbasket from they way she repairs, and makes relationships.
Also, Takayashi sometimes looks like teen ash ketchum and it totally throws me off when he's sharing a cute moment with Sawako.
He's not in this episode, but that's okay, Ryu is my fave in the group. He's chill, and in it for Chizu. He's kind of like Zoro. He's always asleep and awake only when necessary. He made it to the toolshed fine though...
May 23, 2022 8:55 AM

Aug 2016
So all truths are out.

Sawako is a little too innocent and naive this episode.

Ume right now is a grade-a bitch, she might get better, but right now she's a two faced unrepentant liar.
She can clearly see where his love lies, but wants to force hers and doesn't care about what he wants.

Looks like she might get a taste of her own medicine when it comes to false rumours thanks to Pin kakaka
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 28, 2023 2:13 PM
Feb 2020
This is the episode that made me drop the entire show. I can't stand the way Sawako is written. There's nothing relatable about her character. I'm well aware she's supposed to be naive and pure hearted and socially awkward, obviously. But there's a fine line between naivety and stupidity and Sawako frequently crosses that line.

She's beyond naive; she's obtuse and pathologically self-abasing and after 14 episodes of this and the way the story drags out one contrived misunderstanding after another, it bacame too insufferable for me to keep watching.

Of course it didn't help that I read season 2 is even worse.
Sep 15, 2023 10:16 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Style Sawako to resolve a misunderstanding!!! kekeke
Nov 11, 2023 5:46 PM

Oct 2022
Well, I am already expecting something like this to happen given how nice Sawako is but Kurumi still doesn't deserve that kindness after all she've done. Anyway, I hope Pin continue to spread that misunderstanding. That give me lots of laughs lol.
UndefeatedBahamut
Mar 1, 1:59 AM

Apr 2017
I get what this episode was trying to do, but no... Like, such a thing would work for Sakura, from Card Captor Sakura, because she truly was oblivious to everything. Though with Sawako, she's obviously emotionally intelligent enough to realize Kurumi's true feelings, but she's blind to Kazehaya's feelings? The math ain't mathing...

I mean, it's not enough to get me to drop this anime. Though after season 2, I likely won't be interested in the manga, unless some things change.
Apr 19, 8:26 PM

Jul 2017
I dig Sawako's emotional intelligence. She's too kind to have any hate towards Kurumi because she could perceive that even when Kurumi confessed that she hates her and tried to manipulate the scenes to get Kazehaya, Sawako could tell that there was something else - even amidst the reveal, she wasn't being sincere.
Instead, Sawako thought that she really was the only person that knew Kurumi liked Kazehaya, so Sawako went to share her feelings towards Kazehaya just to make them even. Another beautiful trait about Sawako is that she confessed how much she respected Kurumi for all the qualities she doesn't have. That is actually a very nice thing to say to a person that broke your heart with betrayal, even if Sawako didn't decide to not be her friend again - the message works both for amending mistakes or for saying farewells to a friendship.

Gotta protect that girl's heart. Sawako Kuronuma is such a pure friend that I wish people were more like her.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

169 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.