Forum Settings
Forums
Drowning Love
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2016 7:12 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, that acting scene is a bit too real..

Really, I think the best way to describe the chapter would be mortifying
May 9, 2016 10:59 PM
Mar 2015
The terrible thing abou tthe rape scene is that the heroine now sees the boy who was her support now sees him as her rapist. Exactly what happened with Kou. She needs serious psychological help

At least she is gong to Tokyo where she can get away from two boys for a while
May 28, 2016 2:07 PM
May 2016
landofthekwt said:
The terrible thing abou tthe rape scene is that the heroine now sees the boy who was her support now sees him as her rapist. Exactly what happened with Kou. She needs serious psychological help

i think you misunderstood something. That is not what happened with Kou. She wanted him to be the who will save her.
Jun 2, 2016 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
B0301 said:
landofthekwt said:

i think you misunderstood something. That is not what happened with Kou. She wanted him to be the who will save her.

yes, absolutely. Kou was who she wanted to save her and she pushed him away bc he didn't. Side Note: They were SO YOUNG. Only so much a kid can do against an adult. ): I was sad she even blamed Kou.

This situation with Ootomo is MUCH different. She never saw her attacker in Kou, but she is suddenly seeing him in Ootomo. What a horrible feeling. My heart jumped on that panel.
Jun 2, 2016 12:35 PM
May 2016
sadcyborg said:
B0301 said:

yes, absolutely. Kou was who she wanted to save her and she pushed him away bc he didn't. Side Note: They were SO YOUNG. Only so much a kid can do against an adult. ): I was sad she even blamed Kou.

This situation with Ootomo is MUCH different. She never saw her attacker in Kou, but she is suddenly seeing him in Ootomo. What a horrible feeling. My heart jumped on that panel.
Problem is that she thought of him as her little God.. she was thinking he is superior and invincible. She had big expectations like everyone else.. Story is rly psychological thats why i like it. I can see what she felt for him that moment and even if that is wrong in some way, i get her..
Jun 2, 2016 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
B0301 said:
sadcyborg said:

Problem is that she thought of him as her little God.. she was thinking he is superior and invincible. She had big expectations like everyone else.. Story is rly psychological thats why i like it. I can see what she felt for him that moment and even if that is wrong in some way, i get her..

Exactly! I always said there should be a Psych tag. It made me sad to see, but I get why she blamed him and Kou even blamed himself a little. It just sucks bc kids have that "I can do anything, the world is mine" mentality, and shit can just turn very real in an instant. Just like their situation. And, suddenly they realize, there actually is a limit. This is an AMAZING coming of age shoujo imo. I never expected the story to be this intense lol
Jun 2, 2016 9:33 PM
May 2016
sadcyborg said:
Exactly! I always said there should be a Psych tag. It made me sad to see, but I get why she blamed him and Kou even blamed himself a little. It just sucks bc kids have that "I can do anything, the world is mine" mentality, and shit can just turn very real in an instant. Just like their situation. And, suddenly they realize, there actually is a limit. This is an AMAZING coming of age shoujo imo. I never expected the story to be this intense lol

I also think there is a little bit mistery because of his family past and associated with God's but It is definitely psychological, and Asakura's art made me so into the story, I think she made excellent job, I go so attached to characters and Kou is made so perfect and have great charisma.. I think this will be my favorite romance manga. I just don't have words to describe how good this is..
Jul 21, 2016 2:27 PM

May 2013
I feel so bad for her. Like before this, I was rooting for Ootomo to be with her and before that Kou, but now I just really hope by the end of this that she is able to be some degree of okay. I mean she has been so traumatized by this event in her life and she's really had no way to cope with it, like no therapy, no talking to anyone about it, no self defense training or anything to re-establish her sense of self.

I usually hate when a main character doesn't get together with a guy in the end, like in Britney Murphy movies, but if in this manga she wound up alone and happy, I think that would be an ending I could cheer for! Honestly wishing her all the best.
Feb 8, 2017 11:49 PM

Nov 2011
buunny said:
I feel so bad for her. Like before this, I was rooting for Ootomo to be with her and before that Kou, but now I just really hope by the end of this that she is able to be some degree of okay. I mean she has been so traumatized by this event in her life and she's really had no way to cope with it, like no therapy, no talking to anyone about it, no self defense training or anything to re-establish her sense of self.

I usually hate when a main character doesn't get together with a guy in the end, like in Britney Murphy movies, but if in this manga she wound up alone and happy, I think that would be an ending I could cheer for! Honestly wishing her all the best.
Thank you for expressing this. I just marathoned through the first 39 chapters and felt various states of joy, confusion, anger, disgust, and more. I don't think a manga has ever put me so on edge before. I simply don't have the proper words right now.

I guess... Although the main cast is charismatic, I'm terrified by these kids. Or, at the very least, the things that they are forced to go through.

Kyou's violent "nature" is so singularly unhealthy, I worry for all those who "worship" him as a God. I want to root for him at times, then realize how poisonous a relationship with him would be. Sure there might be a good kid inside, but the delinquency is a huge turn off in terms of garnering my sympathy. It also annoys me how Natsume is inclined to make her S.O. her sole purpose in life. She is happy to go along with Kyou's antics, happy to pick up photography just because Hirono expressed a form of love, and happy to be "happy" with Ootomo's happiness. Good God, I just want her to make decisions for herself sometimes.

Natsume's trauma, on the other hand, is incredibly well portrayed (to the point of being sickening). Those kinds of incidents keep haunting you long after they happen. I can't believe the culprit got away with obly a three-year sentence. Who cares if there was no penetration? Attempted rape is close enough to rape itself! Thank god he was stopped before it got any further! Not to mention that she was just a little girl and the adults' perversion and fetishization of her is disgusting. It's not fair to make her live with the consequences all alone like this - she doesn't deserve the gossip, the bullying, the drama, etc. Nor can I label her behavior as faultless despite it being understandable. Ootomo, too, as great a guy he is, doesn't seem to be the one who will fully pull her out of this dark hole - judging by this chapter. Unfortunately.

Like you mentioned, I just want Natsume to be given the chance to heal for once. Away from the public eye for some time. Neither the camera nor the countryside is ideal for this process.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Jul 28, 2020 6:15 PM

Oct 2012
did the manga get dropped discussion wise? where 64?

dang just finished the manga.

Otomo got rekt. but you cant beat the first girl/ boy troupe

More topics from this board

» Read the manga or watch the live action?

vibininthefields - Jun 21, 2022

3 by elgatosaika »»
Oct 9, 2022 4:55 AM

Poll: » Oboreru Knife Chapter 64 Discussion

buunny - Aug 2, 2020

6 by elgatosaika »»
Sep 20, 2022 4:06 AM

Poll: » Oboreru Knife Chapter 61 Discussion

buunny - Aug 2, 2020

0 by buunny »»
Aug 2, 2020 9:40 PM

Poll: » Oboreru Knife Chapter 52 Discussion

buunny - Aug 2, 2020

0 by buunny »»
Aug 2, 2020 5:09 PM

Poll: » Oboreru Knife Chapter 50 Discussion

buunny - Aug 2, 2020

0 by buunny »»
Aug 2, 2020 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.