Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2016 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit. I came for an intense fight and got one hell of an intense bloody fight.

Crazy chapter and even Kagura got into the middle of it!
May 2, 2016 10:17 AM

Feb 2012
Kamui is just fighting with pure Yato strength, and Gin chan is up with them tricks, and I really though Gin chan got him when he knocked him down and jumped towards him, but he just can't keep up.

Someone is gonna lose their life in here if it doesn't get interrupted.
May 2, 2016 10:19 AM

Apr 2015
Was that Kamui going full Yato at the end like Kagura did? I doubt since Kamui is already not sane when it comes to fighting but that laugh reminds me of Kagura.

Intense fight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2016 12:27 PM
Oct 2011
Sadly, I'm starting to think Kamui will die in this arc...
May 2, 2016 12:35 PM

Jul 2008
Looks like Kamui totally lost it now. Wonder if they will manage to get him back from crazy land.

Did they let Utsuro just walk away?
May 2, 2016 5:33 PM
Dec 2014
Glandire said:
Looks like Kamui totally lost it now. Wonder if they will manage to get him back from crazy land.

Did they let Utsuro just walk away?

I don't think they 'let' him walk away. They just had other things to deal with.
May 2, 2016 9:56 PM

Apr 2014
Woooow. I didn't expect Kamui to go berserk.
Sorachi what are you doing to us!?

I love how Kagura stood up in front of Gin to protect him from Kamui!

A lot of people think Kamui will die but I don't really think so (and I hope he won't) because who'd kill him ? Gintoki ? He wouldn't since it's Kagura's brother and she's been trying to save him with all her might since forever. Kagura ? or Kamui himself ? I do think he's gone a bit dangerous for people around him but also for himself.

Kagura is probably the one who can save him from his actual state, like Shinpachi did in Yoshiwara Arc. She was way scarier than him though lol
Also it seems like Kamui's "berserk" kinda has a mind of his own because he's talking to Kamui like he's someone else, saying that he will erase his family and Kamui too. I don't know if it was the same for Kagura or other Yatos or if it's like a mix between berserk mode and split personality ?

I can't wait for next chapter orz
May 2, 2016 11:07 PM

Apr 2016
Holy shit. Just from looking at the raws, I can tell that this fight is going to beautiful in an animated format.

And Kamui lost it! Damn... This is honestly getting really exciting. Can't wait to see how this develops.
May 3, 2016 4:35 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Gintoki vs. Kamui is just getting started I guess. Intense stuff, and the ending... I guess Kamui's bloodlust became stronger.

5/5
May 4, 2016 5:40 AM

Feb 2016
.....im lost for words here, if he wasnt using berserk mode in any of his previous fights then i dont even want to know what he's gonna do next.
Gintoki did his best, I applaud him, but it looks like this is as far as he goes. Let kagura take over. I dont know what she can do now but let's wait and see.
Gintoki was not the solution after all, it had to b her.

And i dont think kamui's gonna die. 1st off he's one the top 10 most popular characters in the series, fans will b screaming murder if that happens. 2nd him dying isnt gonna help redeem or reform him in no way whatsoever and he owes kagura, umi, gintoki nd countless others for all the shit he put them through (Abuto lol). 3rd if it's likely that umi dies, then he still has some part to play in getting rid of utsuro in the end.
Chalo08May 4, 2016 7:36 AM
May 4, 2016 6:04 AM
Nov 2013
Chalo08 said:
.....im lost for words here, if he wasnt using beserk mode in any of his previous fights then i dont know even want to know what he's gonna do next.
Gintoki did his best, I applaud him, but it looks like this is as far as he goes. Let kagura take over. I dint know what she can do now but let's wait and see.
Gintoki was not the solution after all, it had to b her.

And i dont think kamui's gonna die. 1st off he's one the top 10 most popular characters in the series, fans will b screaming murder if that happens. 2nd him dying isnt gonna help redeem or reform him in no way whatsoever and he owes kagura, umi, gintoki nd countless others for all the shit he put them through (Abuto lol). 3rd if it's likely that umi dies, then he still has some part to play in getting rid of utsuro in the end.

As much as I'd love to see berserk kagura va berserk kamui, I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. Gintoki is still very much in the fight and may keep going. Or it may turn into a 2 on one situation. Either way I am pumped for this, I can't wait. This arc has been fantastic and easily the most action packed arc of Gintama bar none.
May 5, 2016 9:12 AM
Dec 2013
I'm gone for 2 weeks and then this happened? Gintoki dominating Kamui and Kamui going berserk mode... WAAAT

NANDESUKA KORE?
May 9, 2016 5:37 PM

Dec 2013
Gintoki's wooden sword is so inconsistent with how tough it is.

Bloody fight and I'm overall really enjoying it.
May 9, 2016 6:08 PM
Jan 2015
I'm still thinking that Kamui will die, and I'm really enjoying this interaction between Gintoki and Kagura.
May 9, 2016 7:34 PM

May 2011
Daaaaamn, Kamui's gone full Yato now. Pretty sure that Gintoki's nearly out of the spotlight now... it's gonna be Kagura's time to shine.
May 9, 2016 8:30 PM

Mar 2014
Goddamn, what a freaking fight! Loved Umi's dialogue.

So I guess Kagura might go Yato-rage mode now? If so, I hope this is how it happens
May 9, 2016 8:59 PM

Jan 2016
Kamui seems to be having fun now... that's gonna hurt an awful lot
May 9, 2016 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
Gintoki vs Kamui are wrecking each other. This is getting insane.
Kamui just can't stay down. Looks like his Yato instincts are taking over at the end.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 10, 2016 4:06 AM

Feb 2016
ziggy_Z said:
Goddamn, what a freaking fight! Loved Umi's dialogue.

So I guess Kagura might go Yato-rage mode now? If so, I hope this is how it happens

That is an awful way for it to go down in my opinion. And kagura mastering the yato berserk mode in an instant would be an ass pull of the 1st degree. Like someone said before gintoki is not out of the fight yet. There's so much that can happen now, gintoki has proved to us that kamui still deep down cares about his sister. That wall that Gintoki's been trying to break through has cracked a bit. Umi dying by his sons hands is not gonna happen, i think ur forgetting that shinpachi and abuto nd even sadaharu are protecting him. I know it seems far fetched that THEY of all ppl can do anything in this situation but let's not jump to silly conclusions lol.
May 10, 2016 7:36 AM

Apr 2015
G_Spark233 said:

It only broke twice. To me it seems like something with a great compressive strength so once the pressure point is hit, it break immediately.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2016 11:54 AM

Aug 2014
Damn this fight is just getting more and more intense!
May 10, 2016 4:03 PM

Mar 2015
Kamui's gonna get wrecked even if he goes Yato, however I don't know if he can be redeemed or he'll die.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 10, 2016 4:48 PM

Mar 2014
CG-Silver said:
G_Spark233 said:

It only broke twice. To me it seems like something with a great compressive strength so once the pressure point is hit, it break immediately.
I'm sure it's broken more than twice. Off the top of my head, there's Nizou, Jirochou & Oboro. But I reckon there has to be more.
May 10, 2016 5:18 PM

Apr 2015
ziggy_Z said:
I'm sure it's broken more than twice. Off the top of my head, there's Nizou, Jirochou & Oboro. But I reckon there has to be more.

True, I almost forgot the first fight between Gintoki and Nizou. I always remember the sword with the dragon handle for this fight.
Aug 12, 2018 7:45 AM

Feb 2013
He snapped, who can stop him now?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 487 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 26, 2014

6 by GreatestSaltboy »»
Apr 12, 3:02 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)』| SPYAIR

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Shura』| DOES

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:00 AM

» Gintama, the popularity vote has started! Who will you vote for?

kihel - Dec 18, 2023

2 by mokkocchi »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 142 Discussion

VARIAchan - Feb 1, 2011

3 by tcandy19 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.