Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 2, 2016 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The foodgasm begins LOL

Erina and Hisoko feeling it as the judges. I think Eishi may have the edge here still though with the way Hisoko reacted.
May 2, 2016 12:12 PM

Aug 2014
That last page left me on the edge, ffs still no translation tho FeelsBadMan
May 2, 2016 1:29 PM

May 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The foodgasm begins LOL

Erina and Hisoko feeling it as the judges. I think Eishi may have the edge here still though with the way Hisoko reacted.

Plot wise he should, but there is one thing I would like to mention. Souma did manage to partially strip Eishi, but Eishi didn't strip Souma.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2016 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
Next CHAPTER COME QUICKLY!
The chapter is very good, especially with Erina and Hisako foodgasm.
May 2, 2016 2:44 PM

Apr 2015
Hope Erina will be bias. She doesn't want to be rape others but by Yukihira ALONE.
#CHEXIT
May 2, 2016 8:54 PM

Apr 2013
Stark700 said:

Wasn't there a new rule requiring all Shokugeki judges to be completely impartial and have no connection to either of the contestants? Hisako and Erina obviously have connections to Souma, and Azami already knows that Erina stayed in the Polar Star dorm, so they can't argue against that, so what the fuck?

Or does that just not apply now because lol plot convenience?
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
May 2, 2016 11:49 PM
Mar 2016
Who do you guys think won as you can see the food erina chose is closer to the window or the furthest
url=http://www.mangamint.com/shokugeki-no-soma-165-0?page=17
May 2, 2016 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
mrkm said:
Stark700 said:

Wasn't there a new rule requiring all Shokugeki judges to be completely impartial and have no connection to either of the contestants? Hisako and Erina obviously have connections to Souma, and Azami already knows that Erina stayed in the Polar Star dorm, so they can't argue against that, so what the fuck?

It's anyway kinda treated as unofficial shokugeki and hardly following any rules, so I see no problem there.
May 3, 2016 4:38 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, when Souma brought in Erina and Hisako. Lol, a Erina and a Hisako foodgasms in one chapter... okay!
But yeah, Souma's gonna lose this...

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerMay 3, 2016 9:50 PM
May 3, 2016 3:33 PM

Apr 2015
Now the translations has been done I have some questions

1. Did Erina tasted Tsukasa's dish? I see no foodgasm from her.
2. Who's that ghost girl in the last colored page behind Erina? A new ecchi manga?
#CHEXIT
May 3, 2016 3:36 PM

Feb 2015
Good chapter, and I was so happy to see Erina not say something negative, but mildly positive about Soma. Progress is being made here. That said, it's either going to be a tie or Soma's loss. No way is the 1st seat going to be that easy, though I hope I'm wrong.
May 3, 2016 3:37 PM

Dec 2013
We all know that Souma is going to lose this.

The foodgasm were pretty fun to watch.
May 3, 2016 3:43 PM

Jun 2014
Damn I'm so worried about the results. I don't want Souma to win but right now I doubt he's gonna lose. Eishi is such a weirdo lol, I think he realised Souma is a tough opponent.

mrkm said:
Stark700 said:

You're right but keep in mind it's an unofficial shokugeki. Heck, a shokugeki should have 3 judges but they're only 2. Although I don't like the fact Erina & Hisako are gonna make the decision, they obviously like Souma. I hope they remain unbiased so that Eishi can win, as he should.

Imeon said:

She did, she found out about the hidden flavors. It seems she had no reaction.
May 3, 2016 3:50 PM

Sep 2013
I really want Soma to lose so we get to see him wrecking havoc in Central just by being Soma. And more awkward Soma x Irina's dad moments.
May 3, 2016 3:58 PM

Jan 2012
Eh, the torn clothing surrounding her big, beautiful tits lessened Erina's foodgasm, disappointing really we've seen better.

The best we can hope for now is a tie honestly...
May 3, 2016 4:11 PM

Sep 2013
Souma with impressive cawfee, chestnut, game meat combo, but Tsubasa's turn is up next .
Megumi will beat Souma!

Erina-sama is so beautiful every time :'(

May 3, 2016 4:14 PM
Nov 2015
Demn
They using deer, I tasted it 1 of my lifetime

It will be skeptical tho of course there explanation
But for me there might be happen
May 3, 2016 4:23 PM

Jan 2015
Great because the winner will be announced next week it's more than likely Souma who'll win.

I hope not but it's more than likely. Loved the first seats cooking though and Erina being adorable as usual.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 3, 2016 4:27 PM
Aug 2015
Its obviously going to be a tie, and lol both dishes were so different that even the foodgasm were different. I think Hisako will vote for Soma and Erina for Tsukasa
May 3, 2016 4:32 PM

Apr 2013
KamiuftRain said:
Its obviously going to be a tie, and lol both dishes were so different that even the foodgasm were different. I think Hisako will vote for Soma and Erina for Tsukasa
I totally agree with you, hoping something bigger happens next chapter.
May 3, 2016 4:36 PM
Aug 2015
Genius_Mind said:
KamiuftRain said:

Hisako didnt looked that troubled with her answer, the lack of Erina reaction is a concern, but she cannot approve Soma cooking just now, when hisako and erina looked at each other they were almost giving the ok for a tie, who knows if later its gonna be revealed that Hisako was bias, and Soma will be a little frustrated while hoping for a "proper" rematch, while also gauging Tsukasa true (?) potential
May 3, 2016 4:45 PM

Jun 2015
ayeeeeeeeeeee obligatory hisako foodgasm. The ship continues to sail with soma, although hes definitely taking this L. Cue person interrupting with "heyyyy" in the beginning panels of the next chapter
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen
May 3, 2016 5:02 PM

Mar 2014
Lol, Tsukasa's so fodder, he can't even sense the presence of customers.
May 3, 2016 5:22 PM
Feb 2014
Imeon said:

2. Who's that ghost girl in the last colored page behind Erina? A new ecchi manga?

The new girl is from Yuragi-sou no Yunna-san
May 3, 2016 6:23 PM

Dec 2012
More Hisako & Erina fan service.
Souma's secret ingredient Coffee.
Tsukasa's dish- Harmony.
Let see who wins in the next chapter.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 3, 2016 6:37 PM
Jan 2016
Imeon said:

I think that the girl is from this new manga called Yuragisou no Yuuna-san http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-31/weekly-shonen-jump-launches-2-new-series-in-february/.98081
May 3, 2016 7:01 PM

Sep 2009
They always do this to us =/
The cliffhangers...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
May 3, 2016 7:09 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah a tie is obligatory, as there is two judges this is the logical conclusion. Although Souma's dish got more reactions, so there could still be a chance that he won.
May 3, 2016 7:49 PM

Apr 2012
Shokugeki no Cliffhanger attacks again :v
May 3, 2016 7:58 PM

Apr 2016
My weekly dose of foodgasms. Can't go on without it.

The chapter was interesting. Saw some great ideas for cooking to try out later. I loved the art for the chapter and the cliffhanger was well timed. We got to see both dishes and their traits instead of having a week to see each dish.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2016 9:27 PM
May 2016
The verdict would be Hisako voting for Souma (cuz she doesn't want Soma to join Central) and Erina would be torn between the two (besides if she admits Soma's cooking is good, then Soma's mission will be completed too fast). She doesn't want Tsukasa to win and she dislikes giving in to Soma but I think she will vote for Tsukasa, hence making it a tie.

But that's a too safe plot.

It would be fun and much more exciting to watch Soma joining the Central too, it opens a path for the mangaka to further explore the storyline. Perhaps the mangaka will make Soma loses the battle.
May 3, 2016 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
bobzanny said:
Great because the winner will be announced next week it's more than likely Souma who'll win.

I hope not but it's more than likely. Loved the first seats cooking though and Erina being adorable as usual.

Dude everything points to a souma lose flag.

KamiuftRain said:

Jerkhov said:
Yeah a tie is obligatory, as there is two judges this is the logical conclusion. Although Souma's dish got more reactions, so there could still be a chance that he won.

babymimi said:
Damn I'm so worried about the results. I don't want Souma to win but right now I doubt he's gonna lose. Eishi is such a weirdo lol, I think he realised Souma is a tough opponent.

I don't get how people are saying it can be tie, since seemingly Erina is voting for two of them as she said "they have in mind a clear winner", also they know very well that there should be an odd number of voting. And supposedly it's eishi, as hinted in this chapter he brought out the quality of the venison and all, you can see hisako was sitting with an actual deer after tasting eishi's dish. And she will clearly NOT LIE.

Also looks like souma himself knew that he lost. Just look at his eyes when he said "this is crazy".

Even the vol 18 cover foreshadows something, souma with momo and wearing totsooki's uniform.

removed-userMay 3, 2016 10:28 PM
May 3, 2016 10:23 PM

Apr 2014
please... Tosh... your killing me with all of these Hisako fanservice, its not even Christmas yet.

On flip side though I like how they manage to subvert our expectations from "pffft theres no way soma's gonna win" to "holy shit, this could actually be a tie".
May 3, 2016 10:34 PM
Sep 2015
I was certain after tasting Tsukasa dish Souma will take out some secret ingredient.He always had some secret ingredient and he even said "This is bad... yet, not at all".
May 3, 2016 10:36 PM

Jan 2015
strider98 said:
bobzanny said:

Dude everything points to a souma lose flag.

KamiuftRain said:

Jerkhov said:

babymimi said:

I don't get how people are saying it can be tie, since seemingly Erina is voting for two of them as she said "they have in mind a clear winner", also they know very well that there should be an odd number of voting. And supposedly it's eishi, as hinted in this chapter he brought out the quality of the venison and all, you can see hisako was sitting with an actual deer after tasting eishi's dish. And she will clearly NOT LIE.

Also looks like souma himself knew that he lost. Just look at his eyes when he said "this is crazy".

Even the vol 18 cover foreshadows something, souma with momo and wearing totsooki's uniform.

I hope you're right because anything other than a loss is complete and total bullshit.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 3, 2016 11:45 PM

Oct 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Lol, when Souma brought in Erina and Hisako. Lol, a Erina and a Hisako foodgasms in one chapter... okay!
But yeah, Souma's gonna lose this...

5/5

Looks like a Soma's loss in this one. Both Erina And Hisako foodgasm in one chapter- awesome!

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
May 4, 2016 4:30 AM
Apr 2016
I love it but it left me hanging.
May 4, 2016 5:12 AM

Sep 2015
It's a 2-0 for Tsukasa.

May 4, 2016 5:18 AM

Nov 2011
There's not even odd numbers of judges. This shokugeki is far from being official. The predictable outcome is that Souma loses, what would be interesting is the judges being unfair and make Souma the winner anyway because they benefit from it.

May 4, 2016 5:19 AM
Mar 2016
I feel like Souma is going to lose, and here's why:
1. Souma fighting Central has been going on for a while.
2. We see the picture of the next shounen jump
3. It would give the writers more oppertunity to come up with new story lines. So we get a whole new side of the academy.

and that is why i think Souma will lose.
May 4, 2016 5:20 AM

Dec 2014
Ugh, wtf...... High chance Souma loses....?
May 4, 2016 6:17 AM

Jun 2014
@strider98 I hope you're right, that's what I want as well. After his win against Eizan I'm expecting a lot of bullshit from the series.
May 4, 2016 1:46 PM

Feb 2015
Perpetual_Burn said:
It's a 2-0 for Tsukasa.
Agree, Souma losing is pretty much set in stone. At best he gets a tie.
May 4, 2016 3:09 PM
Nov 2012
it's obvious souma will lose.
souma's obtained the usual fanservice foodgasm and tsukasa's obtain a deer in background.
souma maybe obtained more reaction but don't forget the duel subject:
"the dish with strongest and best deer taste"
it is obvious tsukasa is the one.
May 4, 2016 4:43 PM

May 2015
the best jury for them is erina, and next we will see how god tongue works
May 5, 2016 12:04 AM

Mar 2016
Ah , If i remember correctly , during the 'Autumn Election' Megumi didn't manage to strip down Senzaemon clothes , but rather his underwear ... could that possibly what happened to Erina ? :3
May 5, 2016 1:15 AM

Jul 2013
Through some stripping analysis, they will tie.

But seriously, Souma to lose.
May 5, 2016 6:46 AM

Aug 2014
Wasn't the tsundere supposed to have gotten some development?

If it wasn't plainly obvious who would win before, it is now - "the one that brought out the power of the venison the most was...". As if when you think of deers, exploding clothes is the next thing you imagine. Tsukasa and his tranquil dish obviously takes this.

TsundereHeart said:
tie incoming.

It's helpful to read - "both choose one, which is...". Explain to me how a tie is possible when two judges pick the same dish.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 5, 2016 10:23 AM

Sep 2015
rayeine said:
Perpetual_Burn said:
It's a 2-0 for Tsukasa.
Agree, Souma losing is pretty much set in stone. At best he gets a tie.

Ehm..no,don't be fooled by the 2 judges ;-)
May 5, 2016 3:04 PM

Apr 2013
KamiuftRain said:
Genius_Mind said:

Hisako didnt looked that troubled with her answer, the lack of Erina reaction is a concern, but she cannot approve Soma cooking just now, when hisako and erina looked at each other they were almost giving the ok for a tie, who knows if later its gonna be revealed that Hisako was bias, and Soma will be a little frustrated while hoping for a "proper" rematch, while also gauging Tsukasa true (?) potential
It would be interesting to see Erina voting for Souma dish and Hisako vote for Tsuaka dish, but it will be the opposite. I hope something new happens next chapter aside from voting like Tsuaka reaction about Souma abilities on cooking. It would be great if he acknowledge his cooking and affects him.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.