Forum Settings
Forums

Fears of Trump drive immigrants to become citizens!

New
May 2, 2016 6:16 AM

Jan 2012
On a recent Saturday morning in South Florida, 50-year-old Edgar Ospina stood in a long line of immigrants to take the first step to become an American.

Ospina has spent almost half his life in the U.S. after emigrating from his native Colombia, becoming eligible for citizenship in 1990. But with Donald Trump becoming a more likely presidential nominee by the day, Ospina decided to wait no more, rushing the paperwork required to become a citizen.

"Trump is dividing us as a country," said Ospina, owner of a small flooring and kitchen remodeling company. "He's so negative about immigrants. We've got to speak up."

Nationwide, immigrants like Ospina are among tens of thousands applying for naturalization in a year when immigration has taken center stage in the presidential campaign, especially in the race for the Republican nomination.

"Trump is anti-immigrant," said Giraldo, who works cleaning houses. "I don't know if it's because he's such a brute in his speeches or that he isn't careful in what he's saying, but he's very nasty toward Hispanics."

Her sister, Gladys Ceballos of Hollywood, Florida, agreed. She's trying for the second time to become a citizen after failing to pass the English exam. She says she's not fearful of Trump, but she doesn't trust him.

Src
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technically, most US citizens are immigrants anyway,lol if u have failed English test you can't become a us citizen .

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 2, 2016 8:50 AM

Dec 2012
Trump wants every immigrant to be legalized and documented before coming into the country. So strange how people get offended over wanting to protect the peace. Assuming they aren't the drug dealers/rapists/terrorists, of course.

I give Trump major respect because he doesn't waste time explaining himself to overly defensive crybabies. Unfortunately that backfires on him since the hive mind left will misconstrue anything that isn't politically correct coddling.
May 2, 2016 9:10 AM

Nov 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
Trump wants every immigrant to be legalized and documented before coming into the country. So strange how people get offended over wanting to protect the peace. Assuming they aren't the drug dealers/rapists/terrorists, of course.

I give Trump major respect because he doesn't waste time explaining himself to overly defensive crybabies. Unfortunately that backfires on him since the hive mind left will misconstrue anything that isn't politically correct coddling.

He still needs to clarify that Muslims who are American citizens aren't going to be deported.

May 3, 2016 6:49 AM

Jan 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
Trump wants every immigrant to be legalized and documented before coming into the country.

lol that's bullshit talk , he himself used illegal immigrants to build some of his tower as i have heard.

May 3, 2016 1:39 PM
Feb 2014
Hoppy said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

He still needs to clarify that Muslims who are American citizens aren't going to be deported.

He never said that.

He said he wanted to ban all Muslim travel and up the vetting system before they can be let back in.
May 3, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2015
Ain't gonna work coz they'll judge you by your attire and religion. I sucks to have a beard this days no?
#CHEXIT
May 3, 2016 4:12 PM

Apr 2016
Good God. Trump isn't anti-immigrant. He's anti-illegal immigrant.

But good. That's what they they should have been doing the entire fucking time—getting legalized. They need to learn to respect this country's laws.

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
May 4, 2016 12:04 AM

Feb 2016
Yeah... if I decided to live in a different country for most of my life i'd certainly want to become a legal citizen.
It's not asking for a whole lot really. Want to live in America? Apply to become a citizen and please try to learn the native language of the land you're choosing to live in.
May 4, 2016 1:32 AM

Aug 2013
Its almost like the tough stance works. Hell the threat of tough stance works. Obama's lets not offend anyone policies got America nowhere. time for action.
May 4, 2016 2:17 AM

Apr 2016
dont no why people dont like trump doin something bout illegal immigrant in first place...it good for country so why people hate him...
May 4, 2016 5:48 AM

Jun 2013
If you aren't illegal to stay in a country and you have valid work or stay visa, there's no need to fear deportation. Of course I'm hoping that Trump is negative towards illegal immigration and not immigration in general (I don't follow the news that close).
May 4, 2016 9:24 AM

Jan 2012
Tomboy said:
Of course I'm hoping that Trump is negative towards illegal immigration and not immigration in general (I don't follow the news that close).

Yes he is , i remember seeing this tweet shared on Fb

well like i said in op , technically, most US citizens are immigrants anyway.

May 4, 2016 9:44 AM

Jun 2013
AllenVonStein said:
Tomboy said:
Of course I'm hoping that Trump is negative towards illegal immigration and not immigration in general (I don't follow the news that close).

Is it me or is that tweet quite ironic??? welp here I was trying to see a glimmer of hope in Trumps' character....guess not.
May 4, 2016 10:11 AM

Sep 2013
Hoppy said:

After the Muslims respect and follow the constitution and not think everyone has to change for the sharia law.
May 4, 2016 10:19 AM

Apr 2012
Hey, @AllenVonStein, do you get paid for shilling or are you doing it for MAL brownie points? At this point, you're starting to be a broken record. He's anti-illegal immigration, not anti-immigration, we know that as a fact for ages now.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 4, 2016 12:16 PM

Jan 2012
Immahnoob said:
not anti-immigration, we know that as a fact for ages now.

not sure what u meant but anyway i suggest u re-check ur so called fact.

May 4, 2016 12:54 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah, I want you to quote that speech and/or give me a video. @AllenVonStein

Because I can also quote random crap anytime I want.
Hell, I can quote myself again and it would still be better than what you just did:
Immahnoob said:
Hey, @AllenVonStein, do you get paid for shilling or are you doing it for MAL brownie points? At this point, you're starting to be a broken record. He's anti-illegal immigration, not anti-immigration, we know that as a fact for ages now.

Autocrat said:
May 4, 2016 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
Oh, I can also quote!
Immahnoob said:
I guess I just like seeing numbers grow

With no context, somebody might mistake this for a position on immigration. Please provide some credible visual material!
May 4, 2016 1:32 PM

Feb 2016
Isn't that what they should've done years ago? Illegal immigrants should've gotten legalized in the first place to respect their new country lol. But I'd take this as good news...

If you aren't an illegal immigrant in the US, there's no need to worry about fear of deportation because even Trump doesn't have the power to do that. If so, he might as well kick everyone that isn't white out of the US.
May 4, 2016 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
Tomboy said:
AllenVonStein said:

Is it me or is that tweet quite ironic??? welp here I was trying to see a glimmer of hope in Trumps' character....guess not.

..... You know that's a fake twitter handle right?

The little check mark isn't even there ffs

@AllenVonStein

I honestly thought you were a troll who pretended he was a complete retard but I don't even know anymore maybe you are just plain retarded.

Maybe this....

removed-userMay 4, 2016 2:09 PM
May 4, 2016 4:20 PM

Apr 2012
Cenba said:
Oh, I can also quote!
Immahnoob said:
I guess I just like seeing numbers grow

With no context, somebody might mistake this for a position on immigration. Please provide some credible visual material!
You're not proving anything with this, just that you're not really smart.

Autocrat said:
May 4, 2016 4:27 PM

Apr 2016
Immahnoob said:

AllenVonStein sees what he wants to see. You are not ever going to change that.

@Spooks

May I ask you what the signature of the Empress is from?

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
May 4, 2016 4:30 PM

Dec 2012
AllenVonStein said:
Tomboy said:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
May 4, 2016 4:37 PM

Apr 2012
@Veneficia @Ratohnhaketon too early...

@Jelmazmo daily MAL.

Autocrat said:
May 4, 2016 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:
@Veneficia @Ratohnhaketon too early...

@Jelmazmo daily MAL.

"Strike while the iron is hot" as they say
May 4, 2016 5:33 PM

Jan 2012
Immahnoob said:
Yeah, I want you to quote that speech and/or give me a video.

Donald Trump rails against immigrants in presidential campaign launch

and here's the article http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-anti-immigration-rant-texas-rally-article-1.2360608

@Veneficia how about 115 persons who liked that post, are they restarted too lol ?

The little check mark isn't even there ffs

anyway like i said i saw the post on fb , no way u can see little check mark.

well it seems u are fan of trump , i got it .

May 4, 2016 5:38 PM
Jul 2018

Please try harder
removed-userMay 4, 2016 5:42 PM
May 4, 2016 5:50 PM

Jan 2012
Veneficia said:

Please try harder

tbh not sure what u meant by that well whatever.
u can't reply to facts .

May 4, 2016 6:47 PM

Apr 2012
So where does he say that he'll deport all immigrants? If you want to go the news site spamming way, so be it.

Allen, it's simply not possible to win.

Key words: "undocumented", "illegal"

Can't stump the Trump.

Autocrat said:
May 4, 2016 9:37 PM

Apr 2015
I hope Trump supporters can distinguish an illegal immigrant from the legal ones. It seems much of them don't give a fuck.

Definitely sucks to me an American who doesn't look like one and lacks the accent.
#CHEXIT
May 5, 2016 3:39 AM

Jun 2014
AllenVonStein said:

anyway like i said i saw the post on fb , no way u can see little check mark.

The check mark for verified accounts occurs after the name, so it literally can't be missed i.e. Donald J. Trump ✔. Easiest way to tell if tweets from him are legitimate or not. The one you posted being an example of one that is not.

All that being said, taking a more stern stance on immigration and illegal immigrants are one of the few area's I agree with Trump on and honestly wish my own country would institute more strict protocol's. As far as the actual article, the man's worries seem largely unfounded to me, but good on him for starting his paperwork now, even though he's had 25 years to do such.
May 5, 2016 4:15 AM

Apr 2016
Tomboy said:
AllenVonStein said:

^so pathetic how idiots like this believe evrthnig they see on the internet..people like this r going to embaras themselves one day cos they gona see something fake on the internet and take it seriuosly.. no seas gilipollas
May 5, 2016 5:43 AM

Jul 2015
Wow, I didn't know there were Hillary's shills in MAL too. Let's hope people have learned to look for valid sources before believing anything they see on the Internet.

AllenVonStein said:

Donald Trump rails against immigrants in presidential campaign launch

I see nothing bad in wanting the better people to move in instead of criminals and other lowlives. Trump's claims about the criminality of illegal immigrants makes sense, because illegal immigrating is a criminal business in itself. The likelihood of getting drug cartel members, prison escapees and other non-law-abiding people is much higher than getting educated and well-mannered or weak and needy people. Those who have good papers and a good future ahead of them won't risk using illegal ways to enter USA, and those who are under-privileged and seek help from USA won't have the resources to enter in either way, legally nor illegally. So yes, the illegal immigrants are more likely to be dangerous than legal immigrants, even if saying it out loud is condemned as racist. It may be a bit generalizing but that's it.

AllenVonStein said:
@Veneficia how about 115 persons who liked that post, are they restarted too lol ?
I follow Donald Trump (@realDonaldTrump) on Twitter and his tweets always gain thousands of likes and RTs in seconds. Besides, getting 115 likes/RTs is easy as hell, especially if you have a popular fake celeb account. So yes, those 115 people are obviously 'restarted' or whatever you mean by that.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.