Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 2, 2016 5:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this fight is getting so chaotic, even the spectators are involved now...

Chrollo's got really powerful, really wonder how many new abilities he acquired by this point. I think this fight will last a bit longer but quite exciting.
May 2, 2016 8:08 AM
Jun 2015
Where did you read the chapter ?
When did it release?
May 2, 2016 2:00 PM
Apr 2014
Boy Chrollo has a shitton of abilities. He has to use a billion abilities against a dude with his bubble gum.
Glad Togashi addressed the stupid abilities explaining in front of everyone
As expected Chrollo used Neon's prophecy ability and already knows the outcome of the fight, I call bullshit if Hisoka miraculously reverses fate without reading the prophecy. It should be either Chrollo's win or him sparing the clown.
>Gallery fake
Are the phantom troupe members dead or something? It seems more and more like Chrollo can return stolen abilities if so then why didn't Togashi just establish such a thing to begin with?
We still don't know the bookmark's restriction, it better be a good one if he had to wait such a long time before thinking of adding such an obvious thing. inb4 it's the explaining.
Drake1000May 2, 2016 2:10 PM
May 2, 2016 2:11 PM

Jan 2009
Chrollo is winning at the moment, looks bad for Hisoka lol
May 2, 2016 2:13 PM
Jan 2013
Let's see how will Hisoka turn things into his favor... or not

Will he give back Gallery Fake and Black Voice to their owners after this?
May 2, 2016 2:17 PM

May 2013
Why did Hisoka say that Chrollo can't control puppets and people at the same time?

They are both one hand abilities.

Maybe their effects disappear if you don't have the stamp or the cellphone costantly out, since he has to use one of his hands to hold the book open.
Daw11May 2, 2016 2:28 PM
May 2, 2016 3:26 PM

Dec 2015
I was expecting 3 different broken hatsus of various types but it seems Chrollo is set on using a devastating combo of Manipulation-Conjuration and combining them in the most efficient way. We do know the guy has 2 of the Troupe's abilities in Black Voice and Gallery Fake. Keeping that in mind the guy might have picked up Pain Packer too and could just use it as a last resort if things go south... It turns out worse for Hisoka every week lol.

By the way, pretty sure Chrollo explaining all his abilities like that is part of the conditions for his new bookmark.

@Drake1000

We were already discussing the whole prophecy thing last week but it seems pretty damn unlikely that Hisoka didn't consider the possibility. He must have some trick up his sleeve or else it's gonna be a total anticlimatic curbstomp.
KingRequiemMay 2, 2016 3:32 PM
May 2, 2016 3:49 PM

Jan 2012
What a new chapter already , something strange here , read yesterday he was stuck in bed at the hospital

anyway time to see how the fight is going on. l

May 2, 2016 3:58 PM

Oct 2013
AllenVonStein said:
What a new chapter already , something strange here , read yesterday he was stuck in bed at the hospital

anyway time to see how the fight is going on. l

It's golden week, chapter comes out earlier. I don't think the hospital stuff was him being serious.

Hisoka is in a bit of a trouble right now, but I know he has a few trick up his sleeve as well. Decent chapter.
May 2, 2016 4:16 PM

Dec 2015
I just want to see this fight end already and have the story go back to Kurapika & the dark continent, or at least see Chrollo & Hisoka be involved in that arc because all this is kinda coming out of nowhere..

And what's up with Chrollo having all those phantom troupe abilities? Is that going to be explained later? I want to know what happened to them :(
May 2, 2016 4:31 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, the Phantom Troupe members sure are loyal to Chrollo to let him steal their abilities...
May 2, 2016 4:41 PM

Dec 2015
Like someone pointed out before, it also crossed my mind that Chrollo explaining his abilities are necessary to activate the bookmark. He can't be so sure against Hisoka, after all.
We have already seen him using two abilities of the phantom troupe members, does this mean he acquired more? That should be interesting to see.
And finally, why Hisoka is in such a defence state. I mean, yes he has a strategic mind and Chrollo is surprisingly stronger but he better be hiding something or he won't be so lucky. But I think Togashi is gonna surprise us and Hisoka gonna show some new techniques.
May 2, 2016 4:59 PM

Jan 2016
I'm loving the Dark Tournament vibe this fight has going on. Even the audience is involved right now
May 2, 2016 5:46 PM

Dec 2011
I am yawning with the infodump we got this chapter. >.<
Looks like Hisoka is on a disadvantage though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2016 6:07 PM

Jun 2014
Chrollo is such a savage, he's even getting the audience involved. I'm liking this fight so far, can't wait to see how Hisoka plans to get out of this situation.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 2, 2016 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
This is insane. The whole crowd's going to turn on Hisoka, with a bunch of people looking like Chrollo and folks blowing up left and right. If Chrollo starts to notice that he's at a disadvantage, then he can just escape from the fight and collect more powers.

wew
May 2, 2016 6:48 PM
Mar 2015
Loving the fight so far. Can't wait for the next chapter. I don't think hisoka will die because of the Gon vs Hisoka thing but I think it would be bullshit if Chrollo lost to a guy whose powers are creating bubblegum.
May 2, 2016 7:42 PM

Jan 2012
Hisoka fights with cards so he's gotta have something up his sleeve.
lol @ Hisoka expecting Chrollo to act surprised should he be defeated. Chrollo doesn't give a shit if he dies.
@KingRequiem lol I bet he does pain packer. The entire tower gets destroyed in the process.
you sound poor
May 2, 2016 8:11 PM

Jul 2013
Chrollo and that book are more powerful then i imagined

with the combination of using abilities that linger after he switches pages and with being able to using 2 abilities he just turned the crowd/heavens area into a minefield in which he can disguise himself, whilst still holding the checkmate antenna

Chrollo is definitely the favorite now, looking forward to the counter attack
May 2, 2016 8:16 PM

Oct 2014
I still don't understant very well how is Chrollo able to have abilities besides the ones inside the book. The abilities are in his hand or inside the book?
When he stoles an ability, don't they become a page, and can be only used with the book opened on that very page/with the bookmark in that page?
May 2, 2016 11:24 PM

Sep 2013
Chrollo's explanation seems to be over, he's either feeding Hisoka some lies or it's part of his limitation or criteria for something else.
He's really focused on controlling Hisoka.

Z_Tetriminos said:
I still don't understant very well how is Chrollo able to have abilities besides the ones inside the book. The abilities are in his hand or inside the book?
When he stoles an ability, don't they become a page, and can be only used with the book opened on that very page/with the bookmark in that page?

That was his past version he has now upgraded it.
He can use the ability the bookmark is on, plus the ability of the page he currently has opened, but if the book is closed he can only use the ability the bookmark is on.
May 2, 2016 11:46 PM
May 2016
This is epic. So basically a mine field with an opponent hiding while holding onto the checkmate antenna.

I can think of some potential counter attacks though:

1) Use bungee gum to separate each individual and stick each person on to the roof/wall. Someone like Hisoka can definitely do that. This way, the people are all "immobilized".

2) Chrollo still doesn't know about Hisoka's texture manipulation. Perhaps Hisoka can also conceal his presence just like a chameleon... So we have two people hiding...

3) Hisoka builds a spider-web trap around him so anything that came close get stuck to his gum first... just a defensive approach...
May 3, 2016 12:20 AM
Jun 2015
Why is Chrollo revealing how his abilities work?
May 3, 2016 12:37 AM

Jul 2015
MadaraZoldyck said:

Usual shounen cliché
To be honest , this chapter wasn't really necessary .
May 3, 2016 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
targa said:
MadaraZoldyck said:

Usual shounen cliché

It was necessary. In fact, you won't know how chrollo has turned HA into basically a minefield without this chapter.

MadaraZoldyck said:

Skill Hunter requires the explanation to grab an ability, and I guess Bookmark requires the explanation to use it.
removed-userMay 3, 2016 12:50 AM
May 3, 2016 1:06 AM

Jan 2014
Damn this fight is getting more intense, I see death flag on Hisoka
MadaraZoldyck said:

He want to show up because he can ensure his win.
HiatusXHiatusMay 3, 2016 1:09 AM
May 3, 2016 1:25 AM

Jul 2015
strider98 said:
targa said:

Usual shounen cliché

It was necessary. In fact, you won't know how chrollo has turned HA into basically a minefield without this chapter.

MadaraZoldyck said:

Skill Hunter requires the explanation to grab an ability, and I guess Bookmark requires the explanation to use it.

And I don't care . For me there are just texts after texts after texts without a point and trying to get the fight to continue for a long time because shounen.
If they would just get to the action without any explaining abilities and monologues it would be a way better series. But of course that implies a lot of deaths
May 3, 2016 1:26 AM
Dec 2014
MadaraZoldyck said:

It's necessary to tell about his abilities for two reasons. First some abilities in HXH
requires the explanation to use it. Secondly for the readers to understand what is going on
H-X-HMay 3, 2016 1:29 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2016 1:32 AM
Dec 2014
targa said:
strider98 said:

And I don't care . For me there are just texts after texts after texts without a point and trying to get the fight to continue for a long time because shounen.
If they would just get to the action without any explaining abilities and monologues it would be a way better series. But of course that implies a lot of deaths

Well if you don't care there a lot of fans who cares. This is how HxH handles the fights from the very beginning. HxH isn't like other shounen manga. HxH pearly have 10 fights until this moment. So if you want fights and action go watch Bleach or Naruto or you can just deal with it !!!
H-X-HMay 3, 2016 1:50 AM
May 3, 2016 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
targa said:
strider98 said:

I don't really see it a problem at this point of time, since hxh has been handling these fights this way from the very beginning, and will continue to do so and irritate you. If anyone said this at chrollo vs zeno fight I would have understood but telling this at the last arc of the manga is basically pointless.

Also the point "to get the fight to continue for a long time because shounen" isn't valid since only bleach uses the same formula of explanation, only difference being that here it provides a nen restriction, thus killing two birds in one stone.
Time to move on to other shounens maybe?

HiatusXHiatus said:
Damn this fight is getting more intense, I see death flag on Hisoka
MadaraZoldyck said:

No, Skill Hunter requires the explanation to grab an ability, and I guess Bookmark requires the explanation to use it.
May 3, 2016 2:32 AM
Jun 2015
strider98 said:
targa said:

Usual shounen cliché

MadaraZoldyck said:

But he used "Sun and Moon" first time in the previous chapter without explaining it to Hisoka
May 3, 2016 2:36 AM
Jul 2018
MadaraZoldyck said:
strider98 said:

But he used "Sun and Moon" first time in the previous chapter without explaining it to Hisoka

He explained it to him, am I missing something here?
May 3, 2016 2:52 AM
Feb 2013
targa said:
strider98 said:

Chrollo explained his abilities because he's just ridiculously confident that he will win over Hisoka. He even said this isn't meant as a taunt, so he merely thinks of Hisoka as a dead puppet, and Chrollo has no problem telling Hisoka what he could do because he knew Hisoka can't win. This might also hint that Chrollo has used Lovely Ghostwriter to predict the outcome of this match.

Another because HxH is a series that place huge emphasis on strategy and planning on the battles with rare exceptions (mostly from Chimera Ant). You want more mindless fight scenes and action, Dragon Ball Super board is that way.
May 3, 2016 2:53 AM
Jun 2015
strider98 said:
MadaraZoldyck said:

He expained it to him after using that technique.
May 3, 2016 3:02 AM
Jul 2018
MadaraZoldyck said:
strider98 said:

He expained it to him after using that technique.

Maybe he can combine his abilities by explaining? He demonstrated each ability on screen, explained them in detail and even demonstrated them shows that is probably his restriction.
Something like "I can only use 2 abilities without explanation". He starts explaining after the antenna+sun/moon combo, going on to explain each subsequent ability. The more he explains the more he can extend the number of his abilities it makes for great bargain for both parties.
May 3, 2016 4:12 AM

Jul 2015
xieghart said:
targa said:

Chrollo explained his abilities because he's just ridiculously confident that he will win over Hisoka. He even said this isn't meant as a taunt, so he merely thinks of Hisoka as a dead puppet, and Chrollo has no problem telling Hisoka what he could do because he knew Hisoka can't win. This might also hint that Chrollo has used Lovely Ghostwriter to predict the outcome of this match.

Another because HxH is a series that place huge emphasis on strategy and planning on the battles with rare exceptions (mostly from Chimera Ant). You want more mindless fight scenes and action, Dragon Ball Super board is that way.

You see that was not my point.I like strategy battles, but if you want strategy fights, this is the worst strategy.Telling your enemy your abilities.You are not confident, you are an idiot .
Also standing there 10 minutes without doing anything is not really a strategy.How much Chrollo talked , i am sure Hisoka could have just killed him instantly without any problems.Well , we are talking about Hisoka who want adrelaline , but i was saying in general.
@strider98 In my opinion , you are wrong.The whole explaining ability and fights stoping because of monologue happens in most( not all of course ) shounen . Examples: all big 3 ( bleach, naruto, one piece ), dragon ball( don't know about super) , fairy tail, gintama ( here is the best example during the "serious arcs") etc.
May 3, 2016 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
targa said:
xieghart said:

You see that was not my point.I like strategy battles, but if you want strategy fights, this is the worst strategy.Telling your enemy your abilities.You are not confident, you are an idiot .
Also standing there 10 minutes without doing anything is not really a strategy.How much Chrollo talked , i am sure Hisoka could have just killed him instantly without any problems.Well , we are talking about Hisoka who want adrelaline , but i was saying in general.
@strider98 In my opinion , you are wrong.The whole explaining ability and fights stoping because of monologue happens in most( not all of course ) shounen . Examples: all big 3 ( bleach, naruto, one piece ), dragon ball( don't know about super) , fairy tail, gintama ( here is the best example during the "serious arcs") etc.

I think you didn't read my post at all. Telling your strategy, didn't it happen in hxh before? Why? Was there any restrictions placed? Search your memory.

I don't think you will see this level of text and strategy explaining,etc in the others you listed, though. That's where hxh differs, like it or not.
removed-userMay 3, 2016 4:29 AM
May 3, 2016 4:58 AM

Aug 2008
Some long explanation from Chrollo but it's necessary. Let just hope we continue having new chapters.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 3, 2016 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
Wow this chapter was so good, both Chrollo and Hisoka are great and have many aces up their sleeves. I'm so hyped I feel like a kid again!

Glad that HxH returned and hopefully Togashi won't take long pauses anymore
May 3, 2016 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
targa said:
xieghart said:

1. there is a strong possibility that him having to explain his abilities is tied restrictions set into the creation and use of the bookmark (last chapter he mentioned it came with limitations plural, no access to the book when using a two handed ability is not the only restriction)

2. no one is getting instant killed you saw the second Chrollo moved Hisoka instantly followed their reactions are on par with each-other, it's also logical that Hisoka would take the free information
May 3, 2016 6:02 AM

Jan 2012
HiatusXHiatus said:

MadaraZoldyck said:

If that's the case why chrollo is running away .

May 3, 2016 6:35 AM

Sep 2011
Because explaining how your weapons work makes your enemies focus on those conditions. A distraction that Kuroro needs.

Just like what the song says, "Give them the ol' razzle dazzle."
May 3, 2016 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
The_Mad_Wizard said:
Because explaining how your weapons work makes your enemies focus on those conditions. A distraction that Kuroro needs.

Yea that, and also it can happen that chrollo is intentionally misleading hisoka with false info.
May 3, 2016 7:39 AM

Jan 2014
strider98 said:
HiatusXHiatus said:

No, Skill Hunter requires the explanation to grab an ability, and I guess Bookmark requires the explanation to use it.

It's all speculation though, both yours and mine. The point of this explanation is to make the readers understand.
AllenVonStein said:
HiatusXHiatus said:

If that's the case why chrollo is running away .

It's his strategy, he wasn't running for his life. Still have any question?
strider98 said:
The_Mad_Wizard said:

Yea that, and also it can happen that chrollo is intentionally misleading hisoka with false info.
This is also good reason.
May 3, 2016 8:07 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty damn good fight so far, and it seems like it's just started. I do wonder what timeline this is happening in though. Is it a flashback or something and this fight is already over? Or is it happening at the same time as the other events in the arc? If it's the latter then I can see the Hunter Association interfering/interrupting this. I mean, aren't Wing and Zushi still in the Tower.
May 3, 2016 9:04 AM
Jan 2016
The first half was just boring but the final was really good 4/5 i hope that improve
May 3, 2016 9:14 AM

Jan 2015
This fight man.. it's about to turn into a massacre. Chrollo seems completelly prepared for anything Hisoka might do so i don't see Hisoka winning unless he shows something new.

This fight's made me really tho that had Hisoka fought Chrollo back then, Chrollo would've lost his life.
May 3, 2016 9:32 AM

Dec 2013
Kuroro isn't confident, he's 100% sure. It has something to do with the ability stolen from Neon
May 3, 2016 9:45 AM

Aug 2007
It's stupid for Hisoka to listen to Chrollo's explanation instead of attacking him right away and not giving him a chance to breathe. The only reason he did that was because Togashi had to explain this to the audience. You can't justify it by saying that Hisoka was being cautious because if he doesn't have a move that could reach Chrollo he would be dead anyway. Waiting for Chrollo to finish his explanations put him in a disadvantage because either he didn't hear the whole truth or thanks to it Chrollo fulfilled conditions he needed for it to work. Plus Chrollo has dozens other abilities which I doubt he will explain so WTF?

There has been a decline ever since Greed Island started (and in bug arc plot turned to shit). Election arc was much better but this manga will never again reach York Shin level if only for the fact that Togashi himself is tired of HxH.

Drake1000 said:
(...) As expected Chrollo used Neon's prophecy ability and already knows the outcome of the fight, I call bullshit if Hisoka miraculously reverses fate without reading the prophecy. It should be either Chrollo's win or him sparing the clown. (...)

Firstly, he can't tell his own prophecy. Secondly these prophecies are only tips and not absolute truths. Hence mafia could take treasure away before Chrollo and co. attacked and only Pakunoda died (instead of 4 more Spiders).
May 3, 2016 9:49 AM

May 2014
Chrollo is steadily cornering Hisoka, really looking forward to how he gets out of this bind.

Also, I'm really feeling that this fight involves Neon's prophecy ability.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.