Forums
New
Who is stronger and has more potential?
May 2, 2016 4:22 AM
Jun 2015
Who is stronger?
Who has more potential?
Who is more skilled in the use of Nen?

I think Killua is stronger and has potential since he has been trained to be an assassin since he was 3.
Hisoka and Illumi say that Gon has high potential but I think it also applies to Killua.

Killua's raw physical strength, skill/talent, intelligence is higher than that of Gon.

In fact Killua's nen ability is superior than that of Gon since Gon's nen ability is just basic enhancement, transmutation and emission where as Killua's nen ability is electricity transmutation and emission which is the tougher one even though he is used to electricity.

In a one-on-one fight Gon has high disadvantage due to the above reasons which make it a one-sided match for Killua.
IntellegionMay 2, 2016 5:03 AM
May 2, 2016 4:25 AM

Jan 2013
Gon has better reflexes and reactions but Killua has better skill and better overall power.

In a match between them, I'd say Killua is the victor with extremely high difficulty.
May 2, 2016 5:01 AM
Apr 2016
I'd say Killua is the stronger one of those two, but Gon is said to have bottomless potential, which was kind of shown during the Chimera Ant arc.
May 2, 2016 5:03 AM

Mar 2008
Given the variability in Nen combat and the closeness of their basic abilities and level of mastery, I think it's unfair to say whether one's outright stronger than the other. But in a one-on-one duel at this point in time, I think Killua would win, seeing how versatile his electricity is and how situational Gon's trump card was. (Ignoring the fact that Gon's been depowered and possibly fallen behind.)

Potentially, I think it's been suggested that Gon has the far greater potential in Nen capability given how much he freaked Pitou and what came of that episode. Gon's greatest potential weapon is probably his demeanour; his bee-lined conviction and concentration could draw out unnatural bouts of power as in with his recent sacrifice.

Killua obviously has potential as well, but I think his strength will always be much more sure; conventional, and methodically built up. In particular he has a mind for tactics and the battle of wits; combined with the versatility of electricity, he has more versatility than Gon's explosive strength.

Nen-wise, I think it's safe to assume they're both about the same level, but there might've been mentions of where their strengths differ. Killua might have more imagination in his use of his Nen abilities, and therefore a greater familiarity with those related aspects. But we shouldn't forget how Gon's unique psychology gives him a wild-card trait with potential that's probably comparable with Mereum's birthright and Netero's enlightenment.
CkanMay 2, 2016 5:07 AM
May 2, 2016 4:03 PM

Apr 2016
Didn't vote because the poll is asking two questions, but IMO Killua is currently stronger while Gon has more potential.

Abilities-wise, Killua's is superior so he wins a straight-up fight. As far as potential goes, even Killua was kinda salty during Heaven's Arena arc over how quickly Gon scaled through the levels. Gon's early life, though not exactly sheltered, wasn't a constant struggle like Killua's but he was still able to keep up with him in Nen training, and was even shown to have sharper instincts at times during the Castle Invasion - that's pretty damn impressive.
May 2, 2016 4:12 PM

Dec 2015
I think Killua now but Gon has unexploited potential. We have seen his power against Pitou that would defeat Killua easily, but he has no control over it.
So in these conditions (of course, not considering Gon's nen), it's Killua but after a few years of training it's going to be Gon.
May 2, 2016 4:34 PM

Apr 2016
As it is now, Gon would lose if the two were to fight. However, I believe that Gon has more potential and will one day be stronger than Killua. ( not being biased, I like Killua more)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2016 5:05 PM

Mar 2015
Fukuoka1999 said:
As it is now, Gon would lose if the two were to fight. However, I believe that Gon has more potential and will one day be stronger than Killua. ( not being biased, I like Killua more)

Them having equal potential is pretty much canon.

However, Killua is more trained and Gon is more driven, so Killua is stronger now and Gon would be able to potentially surpass him in the future, but not due to "more potential".
May 2, 2016 5:37 PM

Jan 2014
Killua of course, Gon can't use his nen.
May 2, 2016 6:23 PM

May 2014
Obviously at present Killua is stronger and could take Gon in a fight (even though it'd be a close call)- his power is much more developed, whereas Gon's has less practicality in a fight since enemies aren't simply going to stand by and wait for him to charge his Jajanken up- they'd kill him before he even had chance.

On the otherhand, Gon is shown to have pretty much bottomless potential. Things come pretty easy to him & I'd say he has more natural talent than Killua- a lot of Kil's strength comes from the brutal training he was subjected to as a child. Gon is still strong for his age without having that, so imagine how much of a monster he'd be if he had been brought up in a similar environment to the Zoldyck kids! The boy’s like a goddamn sponge…he just absorbs everything!

Of course simply having potential and physical strength isn't the be all and end all of the HxH universe...it's more about technique and using the resources you have effectively. Look at what happened to Meruem. Look at Hisoka- his Nen abilities alone aren't the best, but the way he mixes it up with trickery and strategic mind games aids him greatly. Gon is simply too reckless & Killua has saved his ass so many times...he'd be dead twice over if it wasn't for him.

So I guess my money's on Killua since he has a mix of potential, great Nen abilities and a strategic mind. Gon's got superior natural talent and can be pretty strategic at times, but he works more on pure instinct & emotion which has both pros and cons.

I believe Killua would be the worst sort of opponent for Gon…he’s ridiculously fast, deals short, snappy attacks and his style is reminiscent of the tactics used in Guerrilla warfare. Gon’s Nen ability & inflexible trump card would not fare well against that!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2016 6:27 PM

May 2014
HiatusXHiatus said:
Killua of course, Gon can't use his nen.

Touche!
Wonder if he'll be getting that back anytime soon...
May 4, 2016 9:00 AM
May 2016
I'd say Gon has more potential but my vote is for Killua since he seemed to learn everything faster than Gon.
If Gon and Killua train for the same time, then Killua will only be stronger.
May 4, 2016 12:26 PM
Feb 2016
Enhancement can surpass the other types in less time and killua is most powerful than gon
Feb 19, 2019 3:56 AM
Oct 2018
Killua is strongest

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.