Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 1, 2016 10:50 AM

Dec 2015
Hey guys! Everyone ok? :)
So we got enough videos of Overwatch to have at least an idea of it.
What do you guys think generally about Overwatch?

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 1, 2016 10:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I'd play it if it was F2P or at least somewhat cheap. Sure as hell isn't something I'd spend like 60 euro on or whatever insane price it has (plus there are tons of interesting games coming out at about the same time so it's not like it's lacking competition)

It's probably going to be the current generation's equivalent of what TF2 was in the past
May 1, 2016 11:06 AM

Dec 2015
HaXXspetten said:
I'd play it if it was F2P or at least somewhat cheap. Sure as hell isn't something I'd spend like 60 euro on or whatever insane price it has (plus there are tons of interesting games coming out at about the same time so it's not like it's lacking competition)

It's probably going to be the current generation's equivalent of what TF2 was in the past
Well, there is going to be an open beta from 5 to 9 of May so that we can play it for free.

May 1, 2016 11:09 AM

Sep 2014
I'll play the open beta and see if it's addictive enough to be worth a purchase. It does look fun though.
May 1, 2016 11:15 AM

Dec 2015
Jamtots said:
I'll play the open beta and see if it's addictive enough to be worth a purchase. It does look fun though.
Yup. That's what I think too!

May 10, 2016 8:09 AM
Feb 2016
I liked the beta, but I'm not willing to shell out 60$ for it. If it was F2P, then I'd probably pick it up.

May 10, 2016 8:27 AM
Aug 2014
Propably the only Blizzard title i have absolutely no interest in. Not the fault of the game itself, more that i just dont like this type of genre similar to Team Fortress 2.
It also gives me bad feelings about the new course of games Bizzard seems to focus on making in the future.
I love Heroes of the Storm and WoW, but i believe they will stop making Singleplayer-Games and shift to a Online-Games-Only strategy altogether. And the singleplayer games are their bread and butter if you ask me.

But i actually adore the decision to make it a Buy-to-play instead of Free-to-play with ingame shop even though that makes a lot of the market less interested (as you can see in the replies in this thread)
They felt like a f2p model would make the game less fun/strategic and so they decided to drop the (propably) more monetizable option for the quality of the game.
Tells you alot about their policy.
May 10, 2016 8:35 AM

Jul 2014
Kuro-Sama1 said:
I liked the beta, but I'm not willing to shell out 60$ for it.

It's $40 for the basic edition without skins.

Still only worth $25 tops though so I'll also pass.

It also had a long closed beta so its competitive potential is already ruined.
May 10, 2016 8:59 AM
Feb 2016
Red_Tuesday said:
Kuro-Sama1 said:
I liked the beta, but I'm not willing to shell out 60$ for it.

It's $40 for the basic edition without skins.

Still only worth $25 tops though so I'll also pass.

It also had a long closed beta so its competitive potential is already ruined.

I see. 40$ is a bit too much though, and I don't really think it's worth paying an extra 25$ for skins.

May 10, 2016 9:04 AM

Aug 2014
It's a fun game, but definitely not worth the $40 for the cheapest edition. Well perhaps in the future, when there is far more content (hopeuflly), it'll be worth the price.
May 10, 2016 9:18 AM

Jan 2013
I like the $40 price tag. F2P communities tend to attract the worst people.

And a cheap price would also make bans feel very miniscule.

@Red_Tuesday
I'm not seeing the logic here, how does an open beta ruin competitive potential?
May 10, 2016 11:20 AM

Apr 2015
Mediocre shooter, i wouldn't play it even if it was free.
May 10, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2015
not worth the money. played the open beta, but i can't see any long term motivation. at least i don't get motivated by unlocking random sprays, poses and skins....

maybe a few games with friends, but for 40€...not thanks

May 10, 2016 4:14 PM

May 2016
95PercentCaim said:
I like the $40 price tag. F2P communities tend to attract the worst people.

And a cheap price would also make bans feel very miniscule.

@Red_Tuesday
I'm not seeing the logic here, how does an open beta ruin competitive potential?

The only reason I can think of is that the people who played the closed beta have a competitive advantage because they already know all the maps and character's moves.

Personally, I love the game so far. I'm still in the learning phase where I'm experimenting with a lot of different characters, but I've had a whole lot of fun with it so far. I don't get why everyone are saying its not worth the money. It costs the same as pretty much any other game that's come out recently. I think people are just being cheap. (To be fair, my sister pre-ordered my copy for me for christmas, but if she hadn't I still would have bought it.)
May 10, 2016 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
I can't know for sure until I actually play it, but at the same time it doesn't look likely that I will be motivated to play it competitively as I am not feeling much hype for it now or since the game was announced, and I've already skipped out on the beta lol.

I will probably pick it up when it is officially released. But at the same time I don't care lol.
May 10, 2016 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
Too much negativity here, this game is hype as fuck. Most fun I've ever had with a FPS in awhile. Mr.7Beans-kun, please stick with COD or Battlefield.
May 10, 2016 7:49 PM

Nov 2015
Game was ok. Fun for like a day or 2 but after playing almost every day of the beta I'm more than done with it. Not enough to keep me around. The GOOD competitive shooter market is pretty thin these days... guess I'll just stick to my single player experiences for a while :(
May 10, 2016 7:58 PM

Apr 2014
I poured nearly 50 hours into the beta and loved it.
But to be honest, I was getting kind of bored of it towards the end of the open beta.
I found myself using characters I almost never used just to pump back some variety into the game.
A lot of people are complaining about the price but I'm worried about balance and longevity.
May 10, 2016 8:04 PM

May 2015
RikkuSama said:
Hey guys! Everyone ok? :)
So we got enough videos of Overwatch to have at least an idea of it.
What do you guys think generally about Overwatch?

I'm loving the game. It kinda sucks to play without friends, but people ingame have been really nice and friendly, often talking about strategies and stuff, this makes the game very fun. I've been playing at least 2 hours a day.
oh u wanna fight. CAPS LOCK ENGAGE
May 12, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 2015
If I found a key for ~15 I will buy it.

May 12, 2016 12:29 PM
Jan 2014
The game was okay but I think that 40 euros is too much so I'll pass and maybe wait for the price to drop.
May 12, 2016 12:41 PM

Apr 2010
Mei is way too overpowered.
BilgameshMay 12, 2016 12:46 PM
May 12, 2016 12:41 PM

Jan 2013
elros75 said:
The game was okay but I think that 40 euros is too much so I'll pass and maybe wait for the price to drop.
See ya in 4 years then
May 12, 2016 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
My thoughts summed up.

Game was good but not worth full retail.

95PercentCaim said:
See ya in 4 years then

Haha highly doubt it. Overwatch was good its not some holy grail of gaming people should stop over compensating it by sucking its d*ck so much. It doesn't re-invent team based shooters its a pretty standard one and thats not in of itself bad but people gotta stop expecting others never to say anything bad or call it middle of the road or its like an insult to the game if you don't give it a 10/10 and sacrifice your first born son to it.

It will drop in price just like every other multiplayer only title. Within a year deals at least half price. Especially next Christmas could see it go for £19.99 still would wait till it drops to at least £15 for me. Don't feel like im missing out plenty of other titles to see me through. Overwatch just didn't blow me away enough like I thought it would before the beta. I hear plenty of others saying the same thing.

As said by manyyyy others, its good but not justifying its full cost and like others by the end of the beta i was getting bored. Its another tf2 difference is that games free and overwatch doesn't offer more over what tf2 did to ask for full retail. Just like battlefront, not enough of what it is to justify paying full cost.
SpooksMay 12, 2016 1:03 PM
May 12, 2016 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
@Spooks
Are you new?

This isn't some random fucking game on Steam. This is a Blizzard-published game and Blizzard has a reputation of being incredibly jewish with their prices.

Overwatch could be a complete bomb and it still wouldn't get a significant price drop until 3-4 years from now.

I get that you're pretty excited to tell everybody that you don't care about Overwatch but that's not the point here.
May 12, 2016 1:29 PM
Jan 2014
95PercentCaim said:
elros75 said:
See ya in 4 years then

Well sadly I think you're right.
May 12, 2016 1:32 PM

Aug 2013
95PercentCaim said:

I get that you're pretty excited to tell everybody that you don't care about Overwatch but that's not the point here.

I think you're too excited about supporting overwatch. Just been a realist here. didn't play all through the beta and test it on pc and ps4 so I can complain about it to get off on it.

Its standard and yes Blizzard are tight with cost but this is also their first console title and that will drive their choice in lowering costs now they're in with Sony and Microsoft. They're entering a whole new competitive market, feet first with Overwatch. No singular cost point now like on PC only where they totally control its market from their own release. this Including letting Sony and Microsoft pick when they bundle overwatch with consoles in deals for companies like Game.

In the end time will tell won't it.
SpooksMay 12, 2016 1:36 PM
May 12, 2016 1:36 PM

Dec 2015
Well my point of view is that it's a nice and fun game... But not for 40 €... I think that's too much for what it actually includes...
I trust on Blizzard and I hope they make more maps, more heroes, more game modes... etc... I hope it, otherwise, it's not worth it.

May 12, 2016 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
Spooks said:
Its standard and yes Blizzard are tight with cost but this is also their first console title and that will drive their choice in lowering costs now they're in with Sony and Microsoft. They're entering a whole new competitive market, feet first with Overwatch. No singular cost point now like on PC only where they totally control its market from their own release. this Including letting Sony and Microsoft pick when they bundle overwatch with consoles in deals for companies like Game.

In the end time will tell won't it.
Except they already entered "a whole new competitive market" a long time ago with Diablo 3.

And it's still expensive as fuck with the full experience being $40 since they released the expansion.

Also, entering the market with Sony and Microsoft actually led to an increase in Overwatch's price, with the console versions selling for $60 instead of for $40 on PC.
May 12, 2016 1:51 PM

May 2014
To be honest whilst it does steal a lot ideas from TF2 and has all it's game modes, all in all it's a waifu bait game and very well marketed by Blizzard. People will jump the ship and spend 30 euros on the game because "Muh Widowmaker ass", then get bored in 10 hours. They have your 30 euros and all you have left is Widowmaker SFMs. It does get boring really fast from what I've played, the maps are super unbalanced which rely a lot on different characters. It should've just been a F2P game and make money from skins.
May 12, 2016 3:25 PM

May 2010
Being negative isn't the same as being a realist.
May 12, 2016 3:51 PM

Jul 2007
Overhyped overpriced TF2 clone that should have been free, but will be eaten up by Blizzard fanbois and will cause every single shooter released be flamed as "overwatch clone lolololol".

It should have been free, considering its MP Only.
May 12, 2016 4:44 PM

May 2010
I don't even like Blizzard games in general and TF2 is mediocre.

What now?
May 12, 2016 5:06 PM

Jan 2015
average game w/ some potential

i just hope hero stacking is taken care of, seeing comps like 2x lucio, 2x winston, 2x tracer isn't really that fun and even if blizzard invests effort into balancing there will always be a couple heroes that are at the top and there isn't much of a reason to not stack them

Fai said:
will cause every single shooter released be flamed as "overwatch clone lolololol".

i mean people are already doing this by entering every thread and flaming overwatch as "tf2 clone lolololol" so i don't think there will be that much of a quality dip in criticisms
May 12, 2016 5:30 PM

May 2010
I mean.

FPS games are basically just Pong clones.

Pong is a clone of Tennis for Two.

Tennis for Two is a clone of actual tennis.

What the fuck do people even want.
May 12, 2016 7:40 PM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
Overhyped overpriced TF2 clone that should have been free, but will be eaten up by Blizzard fanbois and will cause every single shooter released be flamed as "overwatch clone lolololol".

It should have been free, considering its MP Only.
That's fucking stupid

Since when was there a rule dictating that multiplayer-only games should only be free to play?
Why are you entitled to playing a product for free?

A revenue model should be decided on a case-by-case basis
TyrelMay 13, 2016 12:09 PM
May 12, 2016 7:51 PM

May 2010
95PercentCaim said:
That's not even the point of his post. Stop strawmanning.

Except it kind of is in a way.

People see what they want. Whether it's "this game is a clone of another game" or "those words that person said actually are these words".
TyrelMay 13, 2016 12:10 PM
May 12, 2016 7:58 PM

Jun 2011
It has some cute waifus, but I have no interest in multiplayer games so I couldn't care less about the game itself.
May 12, 2016 8:14 PM

May 2016
The hype seems too blown out of proportion, most of it stemming from Blizzard "fanboys" who probably didnt even play many Blizzard games to begin with
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2016 8:17 PM

May 2014
Honestly, I was only able to play 2 days worth of the Beta, but I had a lot of fun. I want more of it. Even though $60 for console does seem a bit reaching....I'd buy it. I mean, I put in a lot of hours in TF2
and I'm not just talking about mods. TF2 was addicting for it's fun stlye and visuals and even if there was no progressive system I'd try to make myself better for personal growth. I want more of Overwatch. I want to play more of the classes. I want to learn more about them. I wanna unlock skins. Plus Blizzard has promised free DLC so I'll believe them. $60 may seem bit a too much, but I'll probably get my moneys worth on total hours logged.
May 12, 2016 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
TF2 has things you can grind for but I feel lacks the depth because of it only having 7 chars. Don't get me wrong I played a lot of it and had fun with it but Overwatch seems to be the shooter that will keep me playing for a long time. Character variety, big maps, just stupidly fun gameplay and free DLC. Idgaf about the $60 price because thats what I usually pay for games anyway and I think its worth it.
May 12, 2016 8:31 PM

May 2014
Major123 said:
TF2 has things you can grind for but I feel lacks the depth because of it only having 7 chars. Don't get me wrong I played a lot of it and had fun with it but Overwatch seems to be the shooter that will keep me playing for a long time. Character variety, big maps, just stupidly fun gameplay and free DLC. Idgaf about the $60 price because thats what I usually pay for games anyway and I think its worth it.

That's exactly how I feel. And....TF2 has 9 characters. Just saying.
May 12, 2016 8:59 PM

Jan 2013
Nerps64 said:
Major123 said:

That's exactly how I feel. And....TF2 has 9 characters. Just saying.
Lol sorry its been a bit since I played, it only felt like seven anyway because I never played the medic or demoman.
May 12, 2016 10:21 PM

Jul 2015
>"It is believed that in her former life, Widowmaker was married to Gérard Lacroix, an Overwatch agent spearheading operations against the Talon terrorist organization. After several unsuccessful attempts to eliminate Gérard, Talon decided to change its focus to his wife, Amélie. Talon operatives kidnapped her and subjected her to an intense program of neural reconditioning. They broke her will, suppressed her personality, and reprogrammed her as a sleeper agent. She was eventually found by Overwatch agents, apparently none the worse for wear, and returned to her normal life.

Two weeks later she killed Gérard in his sleep."

Yeah, from suffocation maybe.
May 13, 2016 12:37 AM

Oct 2015
I played 30 hours of it and I am likely going to buy it as it was less toxic weekend than my weekends playing counter strike global offensive.
May 13, 2016 12:42 AM

Apr 2013
So I have to pay 40 bucks for an multiplayer only game with ingame shop? Yeah thanks but no thanks. If it was F2P I would probably at least try it once.
May 13, 2016 1:12 AM

Jul 2007
amathy said:

i mean people are already doing this by entering every thread and flaming overwatch as "tf2 clone lolololol" so i don't think there will be that much of a quality dip in criticisms

But it IS that. Blizz literally took the corpse of Titan and slapped TF2's gameplay onto it.

Just like WOW was everquest clone.

That does not change Blizzard fanboi mentality to claim Blizz invented it all. Blizzard is like Apple - they steal ideas and then get touted as innovators.

The awful part of it is that Blizz's fanbase is ABSOLUTELY toxic mess. We already have examples of both the fanbois and even blizzard itself trying to kill other hero shooters or spreading vitriol towards them. We have seen it with WOW, WE have seen it Diablo 3 and now we will see it with a far bigger genre. Each time once Blizz enters the market they do EVERYTHING to try to squash what they see competition(ex: timing WOW patches and expansions and betas RIGHT ONTO launches of other mmo games or literally starting Overwatch Open beta on Battleborn's launch day, despite Battleborn not even being in the same genre) And it will only get worse.

Major123 said:

The game lacking any sort of real progression system is one of biggest detractors of it.

Gator said:
So I have to pay 40 bucks for an multiplayer only game with ingame shop? Yeah thanks but no thanks. If it was F2P I would probably at least try it once.

Exactly.

Blizz literally took a f2p game model and then slapped a box price on it.
May 13, 2016 1:53 AM

Feb 2014
Looks like TF2. Couldn't really get into it except for Saxton Hale servers.

Maybe I'd pay for it, but nowhere near $60.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 13, 2016 2:25 AM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
But it IS that. Blizz literally took the corpse of Titan and slapped TF2's gameplay onto it.

Just like WOW was everquest clone.

That does not change Blizzard fanboi mentality to claim Blizz invented it all. Blizzard is like Apple - they steal ideas and then get touted as innovators.
The devs in interviews literally said that Overwatch was heavily inspired by classic shooters like Team Fortress and Quake. They haven't claimed to innovate or invent anything, and it isn't Blizzard's fault that they have absurdly devoted fans.

The awful part of it is that Blizz's fanbase is ABSOLUTELY toxic mess. We already have examples of both the fanbois and even blizzard itself trying to kill other hero shooters or spreading vitriol towards them. We have seen it with WOW, WE have seen it Diablo 3 and now we will see it with a far bigger genre. Each time once Blizz enters the market they do EVERYTHING to try to squash what they see competition(ex: timing WOW patches and expansions and betas RIGHT ONTO launches of other mmo games or literally starting Overwatch Open beta on Battleborn's launch day, despite Battleborn not even being in the same genre) And it will only get worse.
There is literally nothing wrong with a company making their product compete with other products. Competition is healthy for every industry out there.

Exactly.

Blizz literally took a f2p game model and then slapped a box price on it.
It's called a B2P model and has existed far much longer than the f2p model. Are you fucking new?
May 13, 2016 3:15 AM

Dec 2015
Played the hell out of the beta and I loved it.
Will definitely be picking up on release day.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

45 by RobertsahDHDA »»
49 minutes ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 3 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
1 hour ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
5 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
11 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.