Forum Settings
Forums

YouTube is changing the Content ID system in an effort to help creators

New
May 1, 2016 12:21 AM

Jan 2009
From now on, if a video is caught up in a Content ID claim, it will continue to earn revenue during the dispute period. Once things are resolved, YouTube will simply give the money to whoever ends up owning the video. Here’s YouTube, breaking down how it will work:

When both a creator and someone making a claim choose to monetize a video, we will continue to run ads on that video and hold the resulting revenue separately. Once the Content ID claim or dispute is resolved, we’ll pay out that revenue to the appropriate party.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/28/11531228/youtube-content-id-changes-copyright-dispute-jim-sterling
http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/29/youtube-content-id-fix/
http://kotaku.com/youtubes-content-id-system-gets-one-much-needed-fix-1773643254

yay? does this mean we will not see any blocked videos because of copyright claims? if so very good move by youtube
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 1, 2016 12:23 AM

Apr 2016
im not saying good job to youtube until that estupido pewdiepie is complete removed ffrom youtube i wish he could go fanculo himself
May 1, 2016 12:26 AM

Jun 2008
That's nice.

WHAT ABOUT THE FAIR USE THING?!

Content ID is nowhere near as bad as the horrible abuse of DMCA by motherfuckers who think it's cool to try to shut down a channel because they were being critical or whatever.

YouTube needs to step up and PUNISH anyone that makes a false DMCA strike.

That's the only way it's going to stop.
May 1, 2016 12:29 AM

Feb 2015
It's a start, I suppose? There's still a lot of work for them to do to make the content ID system not completely suck for uploaders.
May 1, 2016 12:35 AM
Jan 2013
It just mean peeps who make legit videos can be just a little bit less scared of getting a strike

As for the strikes themselves, justa gotta waita anda see it if something will be done boutem

But it's a start, wonder if Wojcicki will bring more positive news
gone bai bai
May 1, 2016 2:21 PM

Apr 2014
Well it's a start. But this is more like YouTube applying a band-aid over a broken bone; this is not a long-term fix to their large and ongoing copyright and unfair ID claim problem.
May 1, 2016 2:27 PM

Mar 2014
I guess it's better than nothing?

Still Youtube has a long way to go
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 3, 2016 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
The content ID system is flawed to begin with because it's predominantly automated and few humans actually check the claims, back when things were manually checked there was a far lesser margin of error and far less purposeful censoring by companies.

problem is, you can't really have an effective system without some level of automation, as that'd allow for too many "illegal" videos to slip through under the radar of the people working at YouTube, but point taken, YouTube was a more open and less restrained site before the invasion of the content ID system, and I honestly preferred it without

At least they're trying, and creators voices are being heard. Now if only they'd get demonetize the lot who post those vulgar and nasty prank videos who are making revenue off their misleading T&A thumbnails
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.