Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 6, 2017 3:24 AM

Mar 2012
BASED SANJI HAS RETURNED

Dam, it's been ages since we saw him, Nami, Chopper and Brooks. I wonder how long it'll take for the whole crew to be reunited.
Mar 18, 2017 9:56 AM
Jan 2016
how can kaido go to the flying island?
May 18, 2017 4:42 PM

May 2014
Oh my lord.
Kaido is a frickin' behemoth!!!!

That was one hell of an introduction- probably one of the best for a One Piece villain (?), actually. This guy goes all the way to a Sky Island just to jump off a cloud in the hopes of dying.
I'm curious as to how he's immortal. So far in the series, the closest we've had to immortality is Brook eating the Yomi-Yomi no Mi, so either it's the cause of some Devil Fruit or just an unfortunate string of consequences. Maybe Kaido is just a super lucky dude lmao XD

Either way, when people like Kidd and Hawkins look horrified, it's best to be worried. No wonder Doflamingo wanted to keep Kaido sweet lol
I also don't think he's going to be happy when he finds out that Joker is no longer in the SMILE business.

Now them working together makes sense though. Doffy wants to destroy everything, and Kaido wants to be destroyed...so a huge war makes sense.

Also need to take the time to gush over Sanji, Nami and Brook's outfits. I've missed that fashionable bunch so much!!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2020 6:14 PM
Aug 2017
Yooooo Kaido be lookin strong doe, holt shit he cant even kill himself! A suicidal emperor! And theyre in real trouble cuz he gonna start a war lmfao
Apr 6, 2020 4:09 PM

Jun 2016
The delicate conversation between Zoro and Kyros, two of the manliest men we know, was overshadowed this episode. But I can’t be mad about that, we saw some important stuff! Sanji is finally back in the story! The Sunny seemed to be abandoned out in the sea and they were on some water-based jungle island looking fly as heck. The sunglasses and outfits Brook and Sanji are matching each other with explain why they took so long, they were picking those out! Anyways, Nami and Brook and Momonosuke were separated from Sanji, Chopper, and Caesar. There was some chaos in trying to save them from budget Doflamingo and his alligator riding gang. Those guys had horns and an emblem with horns which made me think they were working under Kaido. It even focused on Sanji using those big brains of his to observe the emblem and make a point out of it. Further, I think Kaido is a living version of the Oars species, as they all share that massive size and those horns, something which I thought Bastille’s mask was based on. Regardless, Sanji and Brook used ice and fire to take down what looked like their boss, they were looking for a samurai, and Nami’s crew was helping a furry girl who was quick on her feet as they were treated as invaders. Overall it was a fun glimpse into a world that has clearly been moving offscreen. And, if it is Kaido’s men then it looks like the gang got away from Big Mom and Capone and have started dealing with a brand new mess. I missed this gang, Sanji threatening the entitled Caesar with his own heart was nice, those two are a blast. Caesar brings out the best of his partners.

Then we saw the 2nd part of Urouge and the giant who visited his balloon island. It was in fact Kaido and what we saw was a seriously amazing scene. The beast jumped from the sky and crashed into the coincidental base of the Kid alliance. Why? Because this soon-to-be antagonist wants to die but physically cannot, talk about setting him up to be fearsome. Despite Urouge giving him the honour, it went as the feats listed went, the emperors he challenged and the death sentences that he was given, none killed him. In fact the tools used to execute him broke. And because of this, the strongest creature known to man’s desire is to die. This was a mythological introduction to an interesting character, basically a god who decides that if he can’t kill himself, he’d like to start the biggest war the world has seen. Perhaps a way of saying, if I can’t die, the world will! The cinematic quality of him jumping and the state of living that Kaido is in was seriously mythical. We’ve finally seen him in the flesh. And it makes sense why Doflamingo was working so well with him at this point. And, now that we’ve seen the kind of guy he is and how he wanted to crash the War of the best, it makes me curious if we’ll see what was going on when Shanks held him off. Likewise, his role in ruining Gecko Moria.
Apr 10, 2020 3:48 PM
Dec 2014
Can't he die with poison?
Apr 12, 2020 10:47 AM
Dec 2014
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
The delicate conversation between Zoro and Kyros, two of the manliest men we know, was overshadowed this episode. But I can’t be mad about that, we saw some important stuff! Sanji is finally back in the story! The Sunny seemed to be abandoned out in the sea and they were on some water-based jungle island looking fly as heck. The sunglasses and outfits Brook and Sanji are matching each other with explain why they took so long, they were picking those out! Anyways, Nami and Brook and Momonosuke were separated from Sanji, Chopper, and Caesar. There was some chaos in trying to save them from budget Doflamingo and his alligator riding gang. Those guys had horns and an emblem with horns which made me think they were working under Kaido. It even focused on Sanji using those big brains of his to observe the emblem and make a point out of it. Further, I think Kaido is a living version of the Oars species, as they all share that massive size and those horns, something which I thought Bastille’s mask was based on. Regardless, Sanji and Brook used ice and fire to take down what looked like their boss, they were looking for a samurai, and Nami’s crew was helping a furry girl who was quick on her feet as they were treated as invaders. Overall it was a fun glimpse into a world that has clearly been moving offscreen. And, if it is Kaido’s men then it looks like the gang got away from Big Mom and Capone and have started dealing with a brand new mess. I missed this gang, Sanji threatening the entitled Caesar with his own heart was nice, those two are a blast. Caesar brings out the best of his partners.

Then we saw the 2nd part of Urouge and the giant who visited his balloon island. It was in fact Kaido and what we saw was a seriously amazing scene. The beast jumped from the sky and crashed into the coincidental base of the Kid alliance. Why? Because this soon-to-be antagonist wants to die but physically cannot, talk about setting him up to be fearsome. Despite Urouge giving him the honour, it went as the feats listed went, the emperors he challenged and the death sentences that he was given, none killed him. In fact the tools used to execute him broke. And because of this, the strongest creature known to man’s desire is to die. This was a mythological introduction to an interesting character, basically a god who decides that if he can’t kill himself, he’d like to start the biggest war the world has seen. Perhaps a way of saying, if I can’t die, the world will! The cinematic quality of him jumping and the state of living that Kaido is in was seriously mythical. We’ve finally seen him in the flesh. And it makes sense why Doflamingo was working so well with him at this point. And, now that we’ve seen the kind of guy he is and how he wanted to crash the War of the best, it makes me curious if we’ll see what was going on when Shanks held him off. Likewise, his role in ruining Gecko Moria.

Did you stop watching the anime?
Apr 12, 2020 9:55 PM

Jun 2016
small44 said:
Did you stop watching the anime?

Only temporarily! I've been busy so I took a break from the anime. Plan to start watching again in a few days.
Sep 12, 2020 10:36 PM

May 2013
He a bic boi :P

Sugoi.
Jan 22, 2021 1:28 PM
Jan 2021
One of the rare moments in one piece where we get a nice full body shot of an important new character. Kaido cool af
Jun 20, 2021 7:49 AM

May 2016
It's nice to see the other half of the Straw Hat Crew again and it looks like they're clashing with a few members of the Beast Pirates with some definitely being SMILE Fruit Users. I wonder who that mystery girl they're helping happens to be.

Despite hearing about him a lot beforehand, this is actually the first time I've seen Kaido and got to know him. It's not like I had expectations on what kind of person he'd be but I was frankly surprised at his personality.

Jun 28, 2021 10:34 AM
Nov 2019
That Kaido introduction was incredible, he's huge!
Aug 15, 2021 8:21 AM

Jun 2019
Well, I don't wanna think that our boys chose the wrong Emperor to mess with. But, what an entrance. He looks so badass. I'm glad to see the rest of the crew tho.
Aug 16, 2021 3:02 PM

May 2017
I wasnt expecting nami to wear that kind of dress , its all cute and girly , while shes usualy wearing hot things , now its more cute than hot

Well im not conplaining 🤤

Her boing boing keep geting bigger 🤔
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Aug 28, 2021 8:56 PM

Aug 2021
Kaido looks like a monster

Finally some scenes from the rest of the crew :D
May 6, 2022 7:32 PM

Dec 2012
Bruhhh, Kaido's debut just gomu-gomu megaton bombed my brain. The pre-timeskip teasers made it seem like he'd look more like Brownbeard or be some snarly, toothless midget. This is way above my pay grade and now even I'm scared of making him mad.
May 17, 2022 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
great episode Finally after such a long time sanji, Nami, brook, chopper, appears again and kaido is here his introduction was just epic
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:32 AM
Aug 31, 2022 2:34 PM
Jul 2019
Kaido seems fucking epic
Jun 22, 2023 4:40 AM
Sep 2017
Kaido looks like a fking menace yo
Jul 13, 2023 3:44 PM
Jan 2017
man cant kill himself from fall damage, just drown urself easy
Sep 16, 2023 2:27 AM
Oct 2019
Finally goes back to Twirly Hat Pirates!!

FIRST LOOK OF KAIDO!!
WTF bro
Dec 26, 2023 11:20 AM

May 2021
I like how gentle Robin was . Also Kaidou will take 200 episodes to be beaten won't he?
Mar 1, 11:58 PM

Oct 2020
The first time we ever get to see Kaido !
And it' about time we see the other straw hats
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

160 by Dani_1fssh »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 49 Discussion

Kaizokuou - Aug 9, 2009

49 by boterbloempje »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 123 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 19, 2009

45 by kejora »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 118 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 19, 2009

59 by kejora »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 19, 2009

52 by kejora »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.