Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 5, 2016 10:41 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
Only if its someone I know, I wouldn't try dragging them off a ledge or pulling the gun out of their hand. But I suppose I would talk with them ask them what's up.
May 7, 2016 12:10 AM

May 2015
AltoRoark said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

It also sucks when people reject you sexually. Yet I don't see how these people aren't allowed to reject you. It's their bodies and no one should have sex against their will.

No one should live against their will. I'm sorry it offends others, but people need to get over their entitlement complex. It's not YOUR life.

Isn't sex an act of lust? When you have sex, I'm sure that you only think about your own benefit. Stopping suicide is altrusic behavior. I'm not seeking my own benefit, but someone else's.

It's like if somebody is in a bad mood. He thinks he's okay, but he really isn't. I want to help him out and make him happy again. It's his own life, but I want to make it better for him.

Stopping suicide is almost NEVER altruistic. Most people suffer when you die. Altruism is letting yourself suffer so another would get what they want. It's more altruistic to assist a suicide since you most likely gain nothing.

Most people lose a lot by having someone, even an acquaintance, commit suicide. The fact anti-suicide people tend to disregard bodily autonomy speaks volume.

"He thinks he's okay, but he really isn't." - You're slipping into calling them thoughtcriminals. This doesn't refute the bodily autonomy argument.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 7, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2015
I wouldn't even pay attention to it, stranger or family.I couldn'care less.If you want to do it , do it instantly.If you don't it means you just want attention.
May 7, 2016 11:06 PM

Aug 2009
Deago said:
If a suicider was pointing a gun at his head; would you AT LEAST TRY to stop him/her?

If its a friend or relative I try to take the gun away. If its a random stranger I would ask him or her what do they think their suicide will do to their loved ones and to the poor fuck who has to clean that mess up and to the people who witness the suicide.

If its someone dying for a terminal disease like their body is shutting down and there is no cure then I do nothing, because those people have a legitimate reason to kill themselves.
May 7, 2016 11:43 PM

Mar 2015
Yes, I would. Some people when they are frustrated/sad/angry do stupid stuff, and suicide is one of them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 11:56 AM

May 2015
Adventure said:
Yeah, I would try to talk them out of it, but not really for the reasons in the poll. Most suicides are impulsive acts, where in the moment the mind is a bitch, shortsighted, and only paying attention the the current despair. Saving them means that they'll most likely continue to live and go on with their lives, moving past the suffering.

There's a nice article on it. Long, though: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/06/magazine/06suicide-t.html?_r=0

Surviving suicide generally means living with the trauma of attempting suicide. It's hardly moving past the suffering.

targa said:
I wouldn't even pay attention to it, stranger or family.I couldn'care less.If you want to do it , do it instantly.If you don't it means you just want attention.

Human beings are social creatures, so wanting attention is normal.
May 8, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Adventure said:
Yeah, I would try to talk them out of it, but not really for the reasons in the poll. Most suicides are impulsive acts, where in the moment the mind is a bitch, shortsighted, and only paying attention the the current despair. Saving them means that they'll most likely continue to live and go on with their lives, moving past the suffering.

There's a nice article on it. Long, though: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/06/magazine/06suicide-t.html?_r=0

Surviving suicide generally means living with the trauma of attempting suicide. It's hardly moving past the suffering.

targa said:

So i am not human than . I learn new thing every day.
May 9, 2016 7:24 AM

May 2015
targa said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Ever tried living completely without human contact?

Have you tried 7 days completely alone?
May 9, 2016 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, if I don't the family could probably get me on some charge or another.

But in seriousness, it highly depends on the situation. If it was someone I really loved or cared for then of course I'd try to stop them. If it was someone I didn't know very well, and it was more of a "talk me out of this over the phone" situation, no. I've been through that before and it's not something I would do again. BUT if I walked in on someone I didn't know very well or even a stranger about to shoot themselves, hang themselves, etc. I would most likely try to help.
May 9, 2016 8:19 AM

Jun 2013
I've seen enough death to know it's not pretty, so yes if I was between a person and the cyanide laced koolaid, I would stop them. Or else it would haunt me forever.
May 9, 2016 11:54 AM

Jul 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
targa said:

7 days? Yeah i did that mutch during a heavy snowing which got me into home 6 days alone.Didn't have a problem with it particulary.
May 10, 2016 12:13 AM

May 2015
targa said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

7 days? Yeah i did that mutch during a heavy snowing which got me into home 6 days alone.Didn't have a problem with it particulary.

Well, you're unique then.

But looking down on people who want attention is like calling someone weak because they need oxygen to breathe.
May 10, 2016 12:28 AM

Aug 2015
I would, if i can i'll try to talk with them, but still the final decision is them, I wont force them to live if they really want to die.
May 10, 2016 9:31 AM

Apr 2016
Would I...?

Depends if he/she owes me money.

Bwahahahahaha!

Of course I would stop them. Why should they get off so easy? :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2016 9:33 AM
Mar 2012
I would try to save the person if that person didn't seem crazy.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

30 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

670 by SynthwaveCrusade »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

99 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 hour ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

38 by fae »»
2 hours ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

42 by fae »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.