Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 23, 2010 8:59 AM
Apr 2008
Another dimension. Something has to be wrong with Keiichi.
May 23, 2010 2:34 AM

Aug 2008
I wish someone would've told me that I could do drugs and watch this series at the same time. This is just insane. Now it appears like they're pulling all the threads together. Will we get to see the whole shirt?
Jun 13, 2010 5:23 PM

Jun 2009
Err Aliens? Wtf? I'm so confused.
Jun 16, 2010 3:06 PM

Aug 2009
Wtf is happening in this series?
Jul 2, 2010 12:13 PM

Dec 2009
aliens, twisted dimensions , to think i was happy with the logic outcome of the previous episode ....
Jul 8, 2010 12:30 AM

Mar 2010
What did keiichi do?He was shooting, like killing children??He is one perverted guy, if that's the thing.
Anyway one last episode to go.

Btw, has anyone noticed that in the opening, when it shows the twins in foetus position, mion ,probably, has a huge tattoo on her back.Is it the "demon" she mentioned she had on her body in the 2nd arc??
Jul 15, 2010 3:39 PM

Aug 2009
The arcs are linked together? -alternate dimensions? This is confusing
I guess in the first arc Keiichi was hallucinating - the needle is actually a marker? Oo
Aug 4, 2010 1:24 AM

Dec 2008
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT.

Keiichi did evil things, too. LOL.

I'm still friggin stuck on the doppelganger thing, and now they present this other world, connecting this arc to the first arc. So this alternate/clone person business and such kinda makes sense...?

I can't help but grin after seeing many scrapbooks and seeing all of Takano's theories - not just limited to the parasite after all! I had a feeling that was the case! ^-^

Goodness, this really does leave the final episode open for anything. I can tell I will be watching the second season for certain, because I have a sinking feeling not everything I want will be answered...

But more Higurashi sounds good to me. :3
Aug 10, 2010 12:48 AM

Apr 2009
On to the last episode! I think that they just made up those other scrapbooks to make Takano look crazy... or maybe it's just me :p

I can't think of how she can explain all the events with underground people..
Sep 12, 2010 12:23 PM
Dec 2007
akromataof said:
What did keiichi do?He was shooting, like killing children??He is one perverted guy, if that's the thing.
Anyway one last episode to go.

Btw, has anyone noticed that in the opening, when it shows the twins in foetus position, mion ,probably, has a huge tattoo on her back.Is it the "demon" she mentioned she had on her body in the 2nd arc??
Yes, that's the tatoo that marks Mion as the next head of the Sonozaki family.

Also, the shooting children thing happens after the bullying he suffered when he was younger, as shown in the third arc. It's not like you can't forgive it just because he was bullied too, but it gives him a genuine reason to snap at other kids. Since he was bullied he began attacking people weaker than him to cope with it. That's part of why the Maebara family moves to Hinamizawa (to give their son a blank slate at life) and also sort of explains why Ooishi treats Keichii with such animosity during the third arc.

Sep 15, 2010 5:54 PM

Jun 2009
Okay so now I guess I have more questions than before!! What's up with Rika?! And how does she know all about what Keiichi!!! I knew Rika was weird after the second I saw her but what?! I hope that the next ep give me the anwsers I want and help me understand this anime because even thought I know more things and have more anwser than before I still have many questions and I am very worried about it because I am going to end this series without understanding nothing? Well anyways if that happens I guess that is the reason there is the second season.
Sep 15, 2010 7:47 PM
Dec 2007
moniilove said:
Okay so now I guess I have more questions than before!! What's up with Rika?! And how does she know all about what Keiichi!!! I knew Rika was weird after the second I saw her but what?! I hope that the next ep give me the anwsers I want and help me understand this anime because even thought I know more things and have more anwser than before I still have many questions and I am very worried about it because I am going to end this series without understanding nothing? Well anyways if that happens I guess that is the reason there is the second season.
Season 2 is your friend. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai focuses mainly on Rika.

Oct 20, 2010 3:06 PM

Nov 2009
Poor Rena had maggots coming out of her blood again XP that was so gross... i cant believe she thinks aliens are taking over the whole thing... it would kinda make seance though haha... and it was weird how she was in 2 places at once... i loved how Keichii realized he killed them though haha and then he gave Mion a hug!!! YAY!!! =D they were like' "Hug." Sataco-"Awkward." X'D its awesome how Rika is the only one who knows about what he was talking about... i knew there was always something different about her... hehe... wow and who would have guessed that was what Keichii used to do... lol i would be so mad if he hit me with a bebe!!! oh and Mio was weird... she came up with a WHOLE bunch of stuff!!! which one should we believe???
Nov 3, 2010 2:43 PM

Sep 2010
wait ... huh?
------
actually this might make a bit of sense
Rika is actually controlling the time-loop (kinda like Yuki Nagato huh? With Endless Eight, she is the only one who remembers all 16k(?) loops)
Anyways, Rika will continue to reset time until an acceptable scenario is played out. Though it doesn't seem like this arc will have a happy ending.
And Keiichi just seemed to remember the loop arc 1 (also reminds me of E8 :D)
But what do they mean he "shoots" children? o.O

Nov 5, 2010 7:01 PM

Aug 2010
So, the other arcs are inter-connected after all. Rika is so incredible, shes kind of like Nagato from Haruhi how she remembers everything. No matter how many times the loop is repeated.
Nov 17, 2010 3:16 PM

Jul 2009
So Keiichi went insane in the first arc and he mistook the pen Mion was holding for a needle (with the "this will make you remember" being the way they drew on his face for the penalty game in the first episode which would make him remember their friendship) and subsequently the maggots in his neck caused him (and Tomitake?) to claw his own throat out. Takano's role and her being dead before she met Rena still isn't 100% clear to me though.
Zell182Nov 17, 2010 3:39 PM
Feb 10, 2011 11:31 AM

Oct 2010
well this changes things again
Jun 17, 2011 11:21 PM

Jun 2010
billng said:
So, the other arcs are inter-connected after all. Rika is so incredible, shes kind of like Nagato from Haruhi how she remembers everything. No matter how many times the loop is repeated.

Endless Eight has TONS of references to Higurashi in it, once you've seen Higurashi (and can stand watching Endless Eight again) you'll notice dozens of them.

And now, random spoileriffic comments in the episode...
(2 min in) After reading the VN... This is the arc that I think left the most out. I can understand why they left out so much though. There wasn't enough time to add more, and what it left out was somewhat small detail on why Kasai specifically was looking for Rena.

(about 6 minutes in) Another part left out... Although it was left out to keep us guessing and suspicious of the truth.

(sometime between the last comment and the next one) Someone else also visited Rena before Keiichi did...

(About 9.5 minutes in) Yurasai, yurasai, yurasai! Hmmm... I don't quite see Rena as Shana though...

(14-18 minutes in) Best. Part.
Jul 8, 2011 9:05 AM
Jul 2010
So... They're kinda stuck in a timeloop where Rika is the only one who remembers everything and now Keiichi remembered when he killed Rena and Mion as well.

This episode was great (or should I say: "Rena was great in this episode"?) but the answers I thought I had got in the previous no longer seem to hold true. Parasites causing insanity is ok but... alien parasites which take control of human bodies? That seems a bit too farfetched. Specially knowing the content of the other scrapbooks. Well, I just hope the next episode brings at least some answers.
Sep 5, 2011 4:18 PM

Sep 2011
Darn... this completely threw my whole 'logical reasoning' happiness away -_-''
So.. all these arcs actually DID happen, and it wasn't just a "what if"? So they really are all connected... but parallel dimensions? Aliens? Um...okay... I guess I have to open my mind to currently-impossible-by-human-knowledge-ish explanations now. Anything goes in this anime now, unless they somehow make this parallel dimension thing logical. Which I have to doubt at this point. >_<''

Maybe this theory is a given at this point, but Keiichi probably had those flashbacks of the needle in the food Mion and Rena brought, and them trying to give a shot to Keiichi, because now it all came together. He, in this 'parallel dimension', grew suspicious of Mion and Rena as we all saw, and ended up killing them. We didn't see the part when Rena tried to snap him out of it. So, the needle in the food was not a threat, but perhaps it was dipped into the vaccine for the virus. Either that or he hallucinated it. And when Rena and Mion came over with that syringe, what was inside was not a sleeping drug or some kind of negative drug, but the vaccine. Either that or he hallucinated. Hallucinations are completely logical at the moment, and at this time it's the only logical and possible explanation I can think of. What I am confused about at this point is, why did Mion call it a 'punishment game' when she tried to vaccinate him...? Maybe if they tried to explain the virus to Keiichi from the first signs of his infection, he wouldn't have gotten so threatened by them.

But this is only a theory, and all of mine so far have been wrong. But it's a delight to see everything coming together. On to the next episode.
Sep 17, 2011 1:23 PM

Jul 2011
So, I think, if Oyashiro is actually a god, he uses Rika's body as a medium to communicate with the others in Hinamizawa. So, when Rika said she is going to fight with Kei, then that must be when all of Kei's wishes were coming true.

or not because every time I come up with something it gets shot down in the next ep. Oh, well onto the final ep of season one.
Nov 5, 2011 7:58 PM

Aug 2011
again those maggot things are so gross and Keiichi remembers killing them ?(also whats with him shooting little girls?) and Rika knows about this too? anyways rena looks pretty sick with that huge ass machete :D, next is the last episode wonder how it will go down!
good episode though kinda confusing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2012 4:29 PM

Dec 2009
dvl_ said:
Alright, I guess Higurashi redeemed itself IMO after all. I don't like the whole other dimensions idea - but heck, it's kinda supernatural from the very beginning, with the ogres and stuff.

Just one episode left. I really wonder if I'm gonna understand this series better, or is it going to leave my mind blown like it's blown right now.

I completely agree with this.
Jan 21, 2012 4:40 AM

Oct 2011
is there anything scarier than a girl with maggots coming out of her neck yelling like a banshee and holding a huge cleaver - as usual, scared witless....genius!!!!
Feb 27, 2012 1:23 AM

May 2009

Wow. Sweet bike, Mion. That magic floating light is especially rad. :|

...I don't know why, but this scene cracked me up. Just watching him clench his fist as Mion rides off screen while seemingly having some trouble with the gears on the dorkiest bike ever made. I can't help but die of laughter.
MalwareFeb 27, 2012 1:28 AM

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Feb 29, 2012 11:02 PM

Jul 2011
What?! That cant be it! there is so many better ways it could of gone!
I'm actually disappointed in that episode.
I sure hope the next episode turns it around
Jun 29, 2012 10:44 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, this is crazy!! It's pretty amazing that Keiichi remembered, I wonder what that means..?

On to the final episode! Then Kai, then Rei, and all the specials! :D
Jul 6, 2012 6:01 AM

May 2012
Weird shit, I always get mind fucked with these kinds of things, I'll figure it out later perhaps :p
Jul 12, 2012 3:54 PM

Oct 2011
iiiiiiiiiiii ... my head would be broken , I tried hardly to understand WTF happen in this serie but i can't .. parasites are aliens !! o-O
" they produced a copy of Rena and Mion" .. "they" refer to who? XDD !!
.... differents worlds also haha !
I dont think that the last episode will explain all that :(
Aug 11, 2012 12:23 PM

Nov 2011
Aaaagh.....crazy stuff....good thing there's another season to explain it hopefully.
Oct 1, 2012 8:02 PM

Feb 2012
Dec 6, 2012 8:43 PM
Apr 2012
You go Rika! Keep fighting on for the peacuful demension we know exists!
Groundhog day anyone? lol

Heart_of_Storm said:
OK, so in the first arc Keichi gets interviewed by Oishi, gets told some 'secrets' about them by Oishi, stops trusting them and kills them all before killing himself.

In this arc, Rena gets interviewed by Oishi, gets told some 'secrets' about her friends, stops trusting them and.. well lets just say I can imagine the future holds much promise..

Seems Oishi is the bringer of mistrust...

Very good point!

I can't wait for all the alternate universes to collide and there's 10 Keeichi's & Satoshi's with bats, Rena's juggling machetes, 100 Sonozakis laughing manically, cute Rika's and Satakos galor! All just fighting! lol
Jan 2, 2013 11:44 AM

Dec 2012
kaoriie said:

And when Rena and Mion came over with that syringe, what was inside was not a sleeping drug or some kind of negative drug, but the vaccine. Either that or he hallucinated. Hallucinations are completely logical at the moment, and at this time it's the only logical and possible explanation I can think of. What I am confused about at this point is, why did Mion call it a 'punishment game' when she tried to vaccinate him...? Maybe if they tried to explain the virus to Keiichi from the first signs of his infection, he wouldn't have gotten so threatened by them.

I think it's just a black crayon but Keiichi hallucinated it to be the syringe. The reason Mion called it "punishment game" because they did drew cat-face onto Keiichi in the earlier episode.
Feb 23, 2013 1:29 AM

Sep 2012
Awesome. So the other world huh? Can't wait to watch the last episode.
Feb 26, 2013 12:04 AM
Feb 2013
Just when I thought I was understanding this Anime, it goes all "ALIENS! ALTERNATE WORLDS! INSANE THEORIES FROM A DEAD ZOMBIE!!!"

DX

I still love it XD
Apr 21, 2013 3:32 AM
Aug 2011
ThangLong said:
kaoriie said:

And when Rena and Mion came over with that syringe, what was inside was not a sleeping drug or some kind of negative drug, but the vaccine. Either that or he hallucinated. Hallucinations are completely logical at the moment, and at this time it's the only logical and possible explanation I can think of. What I am confused about at this point is, why did Mion call it a 'punishment game' when she tried to vaccinate him...? Maybe if they tried to explain the virus to Keiichi from the first signs of his infection, he wouldn't have gotten so threatened by them.

I think it's just a black crayon but Keiichi hallucinated it to be the syringe. The reason Mion called it "punishment game" because they did drew cat-face onto Keiichi in the earlier episode.

This, it was Keichi who perceived things like that.
Apr 25, 2013 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
Starting to make me wonder if Mion and Shion were really twins. Never seem to see them in one scene at one place unless they are "talking" to each other. Could be alternate personality and the others just go with it.

Maybe these other worlds are some kinda hallucination or something. I do not know This is the most confusing thing... From demons to parasites to uhh PEOPLE NOT DYING!
May 14, 2013 11:21 PM

Feb 2010
So confused! :D haha Now there's aliens!? And he remember he killed them in a different world? Its seriously confusing but i LOVE this series. Last episode now!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jun 9, 2013 8:28 AM
Jan 2011
Conclusion: everyone's crazy
Aug 5, 2013 11:01 PM

Feb 2011
I got mind-fucked. Can´t say any more than that.
Aug 14, 2013 3:11 AM

Jun 2011
I think the 'eyewitness' who saw Rena in the granary was probably Keiichi, but it doesn't make sense since when she talked about Takano's double, Keiichi doesn't mention anything about it.

RPGX_Omega said:
Starting to make me wonder if Mion and Shion were really twins. Never seem to see them in one scene at one place unless they are "talking" to each other. Could be alternate personality and the others just go with it.

I'm pretty sure they are, we've seen them together plenty of times; remember when Keiichi walks out of Angel Mort with Shion? That's when he sees Mion come out of the store she works in (and he finally realizes that they are twins).
Aug 16, 2013 10:50 PM

May 2013
If you have no idea what's going on, blame it on aliens.

Here we go again with the Takano thing again.
So the maggots cause the person to scratch their neck... So this how Tomitake died!

Keiichi remembers what happened in the first arc! It was an alternative world!
And it seems that Rika is controlling the time loop.

This is making sense and not making sense at the same time!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 30, 2013 2:05 PM

Jun 2013
Keiichi... air-gun...shooting little children...wut?

"Keiichi, do you remember killing Rena and Mion?"
"Yeah. Not here, but in a world really similiar to this one!"
.... are you kidding me?

Production team:
"Oh shit this is gonna be hard to connect... Lets make it all supernatural because then we can't be wrong about anything. The fans will just have to accept that we are pulling shit out of our asses in order to tie everything together."

That's the feeling I get out of this show right now. Logic is useless now since they made world-jumping a reality. Gah...
Nov 1, 2013 6:03 AM

Aug 2009
AnimeSweden said:
Keiichi... air-gun...shooting little children...wut?

"Keiichi, do you remember killing Rena and Mion?"
"Yeah. Not here, but in a world really similiar to this one!"
.... are you kidding me?

Production team:
"Oh shit this is gonna be hard to connect... Lets make it all supernatural because then we can't be wrong about anything. The fans will just have to accept that we are pulling shit out of our asses in order to tie everything together."

That's the feeling I get out of this show right now. Logic is useless now since they made world-jumping a reality. Gah...

Please tell me what changed.Why cant YOU use your brain now that supernatural elements were added?
Nov 3, 2013 3:28 AM

Jun 2013
ssjokg said:

Please tell me what changed.Why cant YOU use your brain now that supernatural elements were added?

You miss the point. I said that LOGIC was useless, I never said anything about not being able to use my brain.

Why can't we use logic anymore? Because if we sat down during an episode and thought out the most reasonable explanation to why certain events happen/happened, then it might be all in vain because the producers could just make something "happen" with the help of supernatural elements in order to make the story work. In other words, making an asspull.
Nov 3, 2013 4:55 AM

Aug 2009
AnimeSweden said:
ssjokg said:

You miss the point. I said that LOGIC was useless, I never said anything about not being able to use my brain.

Why can't we use logic anymore? Because if we sat down during an episode and thought out the most reasonable explanation to why certain events happen/happened, then it might be all in vain because the producers could just make something "happen" with the help of supernatural elements in order to make the story work. In other words, making an asspull.

No this is all your hastly opinion.The supernatural that they shown to us here have nothing to do with the crimes.This isnt a spoiler.That now you know that there is a loop/world jumping going on,doesnt affect the whydunit,whodunit and howdunit.

Aside from that, from the very beginning they talk about ogres,gods, and walking dead being responsible, yet you refuse to use logic because of something NOT connected to the crimes?
Nov 3, 2013 1:53 PM

Jun 2013
ssjokg said:

No this is all your hastly opinion.The supernatural that they shown to us here have nothing to do with the crimes.This isnt a spoiler.That now you know that there is a loop/world jumping going on,doesnt affect the whydunit,whodunit and howdunit.

Aside from that, from the very beginning they talk about ogres,gods, and walking dead being responsible, yet you refuse to use logic because of something NOT connected to the crimes?

So you really think I should use logic when there are things such as infinity loops and world jumping going on? Good luck with that.

Sure they talked about Ogres, gods and walking dead being responsible, but honestly who believed that stuff? I bet most people thought the girls were responsible for every crime and that was it. It's different when something supernatural is truly real in a series (such as world jumping).
Nov 3, 2013 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
AnimeSweden said:
ssjokg said:

So you really think I should use logic when there are things such as infinity loops and world jumping going on? Good luck with that.

Sure they talked about Ogres, gods and walking dead being responsible, but honestly who believed that stuff? I bet most people thought the girls were responsible for every crime and that was it. It's different when something supernatural is truly real in a series (such as world jumping).

Why arent you answering the question?
Why cant you use logic when the supernatural that are shown DO NOT affect the crimes?
Nov 3, 2013 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
ssjokg said:

Why cant you use logic when the supernatural that are shown DO NOT affect the crimes?

Oh sorry, forgot ^^. How should I know if something supernatural related are affecting the crimes or if they aren't in the first place? It's easy now because you have already told me they don't, but what if I hadn't known that say like before I wrote that first comment?

What is the point of bringing in supernatural elements if they do not affect the crimes or anything related to the crimes?
Nov 3, 2013 2:04 PM

Aug 2009
AnimeSweden said:
ssjokg said:

Oh sorry, forgot ^^. How should I know if something supernatural related are affecting the crimes or if they aren't in the first place? It's easy now because you have already told me they don't, but what if I hadn't known that say like before I wrote that first comment?

What is the point of bringing in supernatural elements if they do not affect the crimes or anything related to the crimes?

Because the only supernatural that happened was the loop.How would that affect the crime?You should have thought of that.And you gave up just like this instead of trying later to see if it really is a mystery.

Story telling.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.