Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 29, 2016 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, an episode about Devila, an apparent monster underground.

I find Devilo's speech and dialogues to be rather interesting and his different ideals. Seems like a lot of people are interested in it as well. Really loved the music they used for this episode. And oh, I noticed the episode was uncensored.
Stark700Apr 29, 2016 6:54 AM
Apr 29, 2016 6:49 AM

Jan 2015
That moment Emi lost control... Fuurouta said it too... "Scary". And she's right about Devilo... It's a trap. LOL
How did Devilo break free from Hyouma and Jiro's grab? Did he just transported away?
And that "ending" for the sibling, aside from Devilo said I guess it's a Good Ending for them.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 29, 2016 7:05 AM

Sep 2015
Very interesting episode, especially the dialogue and speech. Well obviously Devila and Devilo is something beyond some "underground mosnter".
Apr 29, 2016 7:59 AM

Jul 2007
"The vastness of space is only meant for those who are able to reach each other first and foremost"

This in an essence continues the theme of previous two episodes and the society's expectations oppressing individual will. Yet at the same time that issue is delved into from a different angle - the concept of lines drawn in the sand, if I were to put it poetically.

When one believes into something it is VERY easy too fall back to a black and white worldview and that allows us to "sort" people as "good" or "bad" depending on what we believe. Any sort of mediation or neutrality leads to being associated with one side or the other by the opposing people. There's no middle ground for people thinking in the extremes. Its very relevant for the current two polar opposites of social extremism where extremes resort to labels and associating people by labeling them as a way to justify themselves( I shudder to think how many times I heard someone blame "filthy feminists" for something ridiculous), when in reality drawing "lines in the sand" and assigning stereotypes does absolutely nothing for actual discussion. The whole "no wrong methods" mentality is the worst that society can offer.

But its not just about social issues - its also relevant to Japan's own Left versus Right politics, which show mentions this episode both in text and subtext. And its a message towards the society's(specifically Japan's since the show explores that) inability to accept the different, be it those of different sexual orientation or those who have different views from the norms of the nation(which is also a veiled and subtle commentary about the flack the show gets for "daring" to portray the more negative sides of WW2 Japan and how Japan is unable to see their own issues via obsession of "being the right ones")

This is an episode about balance. Or the lack of balance. The lack of the right for a person to have their own justice and their own opinion without being cast into a stereotype or shamed and blamed for something. The need for true society and true democracy to have the concept of individual instead of drowning it out because society did not accept what that individual represented or how that individual wanted to be.

What are Devilo siblings meant to represent? In their own words - everything. They are acceptance of our differences be it in ideology or body. They are the embodiment of a lot of issues we saw ConRevo explore - be it the seggregation of "human" and "inhuman", punishment for being different from the norm(ex: loving differently from the "norm" as Aki's story told us). They are essentially the metaphorical embodiment of tolerance.

Space and vastness of space has always been used as metaphor for true freedom of expression in ConRevo and it is no different here. Devilon states the obvious, the middle. He views the true humanity as individuals tied by their interactions, rather than one utilitarian mass that show spent so much time criticizing, so he and his sister have no place in the society of humanity who is heading towards separating into polar absolutes without ability to see the opposite as anything more than black and white. So he and his sister leave earth and humanity behind, moving into space first before them. Humanity can't accept something like that yet, but the siblings accept humanity as an evolving concept. They are sure that humanity will eventually be able to see past their differences and limitations, but that time has not yet come. For now, the vastness of space is out of reach because people can't even reach each other, without the concept of "what is right in current utilitarian society" squandering what is "wrong".
AhenshihaelApr 29, 2016 8:09 AM
Apr 29, 2016 8:42 AM

Feb 2014
I'm quite bothered by the lack of censors in this episode.

Anyway, Devilo's speech makes me cringed.
Apr 29, 2016 10:02 AM

Jul 2007
tetrix1993 said:

You can't reference Go Nagai's works without gratuitous nudity.
Apr 29, 2016 10:16 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The OST was off the chain this episode.

Stunning last minute, got goosebumps.
Apr 29, 2016 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
The episode was uncensored!

Devilo's speech was interesting!
Apr 29, 2016 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
Fai said:
"The vastness of space is only meant for those who are able to reach each other first and foremost"

Recently i don't really get what this anime is trying to tell, but you always there to enlighten us, so thanks a lot :)
Apr 29, 2016 12:42 PM

Aug 2011
Can someone explain to me what happened in this episode? I'm like lost this time to an extent.
Apr 29, 2016 2:07 PM

Feb 2015
It was kinda ironic for a demons to say all of that.
and they looked like a fairy to me instead of a demon.
anyway, it was a good episode imo. the conflict is still amusing to watch to me.
not really that much of a fight but i like the problem in this episode :D
they didn't cencored it. kinda makes me worried.

@Fai takes me some time to understand your post, but at least i understand the reason of this episode. Thanks :D
but it's still ironic and it made me cringed for a demon to say all of that. i wonder why they choose demon instead of an Angel or a Fairy.
YizelTroApr 29, 2016 2:20 PM
Apr 29, 2016 3:22 PM

Sep 2014
I found the ending of the episode to be extremely laughable.
Overall I did enjoy the episode though.
Apr 29, 2016 5:21 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, idk what to feel about Devilo's speech. Other than that, it was a somewhat okay episode, though it might be the season's weakest episode so far.

3/5
Apr 29, 2016 6:44 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed the lift part a bit 2 much.

4/5
Apr 29, 2016 7:35 PM

Nov 2013
3.5/5

It's a good episode, and I enjoyed it(why don't they make Devila wears clothes? oh well). Nice to see Devil that lives underground and the way public security sees them.

While I do like this episode, it's a bit unfortunate that once again seems we got an episode with little contribution to the main plot. There are still many yet to tell about characters from season 1, like Judas, Psy-kicker(Minami), Yumihiko, Earth-chan, Master Ultima(?, didn't see him in OPED, will he appear again?).

Episode 1 and 2 managed to tell the story of what happened to Shiba, how Jiro controlled his power, also the truth about Rainbow Knight. I hope next episodes will have more contribution on the plot so they have a proper buildup to the final event and won't rush things on few last episodes.
Apr 29, 2016 9:10 PM
Aug 2014
tetrix1993 said:

Bothered? Why would you?
Apr 29, 2016 9:19 PM

Jun 2012
All of Devilos lines were incredibly retarded.
Lame as fuck.
Apr 29, 2016 11:37 PM
Sep 2013
dm106 said:
tetrix1993 said:

Bothered? Why would you?

I don't want to see it. I don't want to see it as a Christian, and I don't want to see it as the kind of person I want to be.
I don't think it was coincidental that this happened on an episode with tolerance as its main theme. On one end, I feel it’s ironic and disrespectful to those like myself; on the other, I feel like the episode is intellectually challenging me.

Tolerance can’t happen without hard work. It’s very easy to say you’re tolerant… until you come across those people who disagree with you. This is where I feel the irony and disrespect. It’s very clear the creators weren’t thinking about people like me, and what we view as acceptable. Not that I expect for a Japanese animation company to have such in mind, but this expectation is based on an unfortunate reality.

Where I feel this show is challenging me is this: can I tolerate this content, and those who feel differently on the matter?

You guys are talking about censorship. My questions are these: why was there any content that would require censorship in the first place? Was the nudity necessary for the episode? Did it add anything? If it was censored, what would that have taken?

Even then, I feel the answer is staring us in the face… a version that’s censored, and a version that isn’t… But not everything can be solved that easily. People often would rather give up and resort to demonizing the other side. And in this case, that solution will likely remain only hypothetical, as Japanese companies and anime streaming sites appear to be totally ignorant that those like myself even still exist. The result is an entirely personal decision: shall I continue to watch or not? How much more should I tolerate before I cut it off?

I only post this because I’ve loved this show beforehand. The first two episodes of this season have been amazing, and the third was pretty good too. Now, I feel a little betrayed. But it was probably my foolishness for letting myself enjoy the show too much.
Apr 30, 2016 6:55 AM

Jul 2011
With all this filler i wonder if they are aiming at a 3rd season or at a rushed ending...
Apr 30, 2016 8:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Probably my least favorite episode of the week, but I liked the message of this episode as well as the ending

This episode was still pretty weird but it's not bad at all...And I did not expect to get uncensored nudity in this lol
Apr 30, 2016 8:04 AM

Jul 2007
Doomroar said:
With all this filler i wonder if they are aiming at a 3rd season or at a rushed ending...

This show has yet to have filler.
Apr 30, 2016 9:06 AM
Aug 2014
JohnSmithSlider said:
dm106 said:

Bothered? Why would you?

I don't want to see it. I don't want to see it as a Christian, and I don't want to see it as the kind of person I want to be.
I don't think it was coincidental that this happened on an episode with tolerance as its main theme. On one end, I feel it’s ironic and disrespectful to those like myself; on the other, I feel like the episode is intellectually challenging me.

Tolerance can’t happen without hard work. It’s very easy to say you’re tolerant… until you come across those people who disagree with you. This is where I feel the irony and disrespect. It’s very clear the creators weren’t thinking about people like me, and what we view as acceptable. Not that I expect for a Japanese animation company to have such in mind, but this expectation is based on an unfortunate reality.

Where I feel this show is challenging me is this: can I tolerate this content, and those who feel differently on the matter?

You guys are talking about censorship. My questions are these: why was there any content that would require censorship in the first place? Was the nudity necessary for the episode? Did it add anything? If it was censored, what would that have taken?

Even then, I feel the answer is staring us in the face… a version that’s censored, and a version that isn’t… But not everything can be solved that easily. People often would rather give up and resort to demonizing the other side. And in this case, that solution will likely remain only hypothetical, as Japanese companies and anime streaming sites appear to be totally ignorant that those like myself even still exist. The result is an entirely personal decision: shall I continue to watch or not? How much more should I tolerate before I cut it off?

I only post this because I’ve loved this show beforehand. The first two episodes of this season have been amazing, and the third was pretty good too. Now, I feel a little betrayed. But it was probably my foolishness for letting myself enjoy the show too much.

Well maybe you should reconsider watching japanese media. Is like the saying "in Rome do as romans do". Westerners don't understand that japanese companies/artists make manga/anime for japanese consumers, if they can sell it outside of Japan is just extra money. I hope with all my heart, that the day where japanese artists start restraining themselves because of western sensibilities (and money), never comes.

For the lack of censorship you should blame the source of where you got it. If it was a western source (like Daisuki) blame them, if you saw a raw or fansub from a japanese TV rip blame yourself.

I'm a Christian myself and I have no problem with drawn nipples, they have been despicted in art for centuries. All human beings have them and they were your first source of food.
Apr 30, 2016 11:44 AM
Mar 2013
JohnSmithSlider said:

Her having a bikini on would be enough censorship for you. But it wouldn't be enough for some of my Muslim friends. How many points of view should a show care about and to what level?

There are two types of censorship I find according to culture:
What Kind? (Violence vs Nudity etc)
How much? (Scale, like I said above)

It's often hard, pointless or damaging to the point tried to be made, to censor.
You ask if nudity was necessary for the episode. If it were to be censored because it was unnecessary, everyone would point to a different level on the scale.

From a more neutral PoV, I ask if it was damaging to the episode? I'd answer no to that. Infact, it does give a message of purity and nature.
Apr 30, 2016 11:49 AM

Dec 2013
Actually liked this episode less than the previous ones, not because of the message that it was trying to bring out, but because it feels like they're running with a recurrent pattern whereby all the parties who were involved in the major conflicts which made the first season so very interesting, have suddenly been relegated to dealing with minor cases where despite the "message" being brought out, ends in anti-climactic resolutions which for better or worse feel fairly unimportant in the overall scheme of the story. I mean, yes we've constantly seen Jiro's ideals clash with those in the Superhuman Bureau, but the fact that it seems like he's against every single thing which they stand for, only to end up teaming up with them somehow at the end of every single episode this season, just feels weird. It's like, if their differences were so great that Jiro had to leave to oppose them, why all the grey area and yet he still cannot sit down in a civil manner to state his case to his ex-teammates, or listen to what they have to say?

Every single episode it feels like he's just going through the same "You just want to control them!" speech/accusations, and then when he finds that it's not the case, he just tries to solve things his own way, and once everything is resolved, he rinses and repeats the next episode...

Just call them out for tea and have a peaceful discussion maybe?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 30, 2016 12:29 PM

Jul 2011
Fai said:
Doomroar said:

When you spend 3 (actually more) episodes just to expose one point you are dwelling into the realms of filler.
Apr 30, 2016 5:22 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa felt like i was watching Bakemono no Ko. Dat whale err Catfish shadow and Tunnel incident 0___0
May 1, 2016 3:56 AM

Apr 2015
Doomroar said:
Fai said:

When you spend 3 (actually more) episodes just to expose one point you are dwelling into the realms of filler.
Have you made your own definition of filler or did you just have no other buzz word to use? If you want to know what filler is, just look at any arc of any of the "big 3" that was produced to fill time for new material to be made

You will notice a pattern at some point.
TylaenMay 1, 2016 4:00 AM
May 1, 2016 4:02 AM

Aug 2008
Well, this was the first episode in the series I didn't get the point of at all. Big part of it was the fault of Devilo who was so cringe worthy I couldn't pay much attention to anything beside how annoying and unpleasant he is. Grasstalk didn't help either. It doesn't look like this demon story even tie in with the overall plot in any way. It just appeared out of nowhere and ended nowhere with no impact on anything.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 1, 2016 5:50 AM

Jul 2011
Tylaen said:
Doomroar said:

Have you made your own definition of filler or did you just have no other buzz word to use? If you want to know what filler is, just look at any arc of any of the "big 3" that was produced to fill time for new material to be made

It is skippable content that adds nothing to the story in which no progress is made.

Since the second episode of this season that is exactly what has happened, regardless of how well made the situations presented may be in show casing the unfairness of the situations in the lives of side characters, if those side characters have no impact on the decisions of the main cast or the progress of the general story then it is filler.

The main 3 conflicting groups have experienced no change on their positions (whether ideological or strategical, at best Jirou may get an ally in the singer girl) despite everything that has happened, and when it comes to particularly broken characters like Devilo his sister, or the goddess of the last episode, if the main antagonist (the government(s)) doesn't comes up with an equally or more powerful weapon to counterbalance that opposition they will remain unusable in future developments, existing solely as an ideal of how people should threat each other a thing that everyone already knows but either willingly ignores or has yet to manage a way to achieve, for i remind you, Devilo did nothing but state obvious things, hell the show made a point to explicitly tell us that.

And that's why it is filler no progression has been made, no one has made a resolution, they still hang in limbo holding back a decision to take action, a thing that some characters are in debt to us since the previous season, so what does it take for them to act? a Yokai massacre? a witch hunt? the murder of a beloved one?
May 1, 2016 6:19 AM

Apr 2015
Doomroar said:
It is skippable content that adds nothing to the story in which no progress is made.
I'd like to see your crystal ball although I have a feeling you're not the sharing kind.

Doomroar said:
if those side characters have no impact on the decisions of the main cast or the progress of the general story then it is filler.
Even if it doesn't impact the characters to a higher degree, this episode has certainly made it worse In regards to the ever more toxic environment which the superhumans In general have to navigate.

Devilo and Devila leave for space, after draining a part of the world’s oceans to create an ocean in Space. This Is about one of the most obvious changes that occurs In the episode and the world itself Is a character.

Doomroar said:
they still hang in limbo holding back a decision to take action
Not immediately pushing the "Nuke everyone" button does not equate to complete stagnation although this argument Is fairly pointless at this point In time due to the obvious missing episodes going forward.

I look forward to see if your predictions are true.
May 1, 2016 6:32 AM

Jul 2007
Doomroar said:
Fai said:

You do realize what a narrative is, right?

"SPENDING PLOT TO PUSH THE MAIN POINT BEHIND IT".

The show is a commentary on japanese society and the superhero genre ideas. The episodes do exactly that - Explore the said topics.
May 1, 2016 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
Doomroar said:
Tylaen said:

Since the second episode of this season that is exactly what has happened, regardless of how well made the situations presented may be in show casing the unfairness of the situations in the lives of side characters, if those side characters have no impact on the decisions of the main cast or the progress of the general story then it is filler.

The main 3 conflicting groups have experienced no change on their positions (whether ideological or strategical, at best Jirou may get an ally in the singer girl) despite everything that has happened, and when it comes to particularly broken characters like Devilo his sister, or the goddess of the last episode, if the main antagonist (the government(s)) doesn't comes up with an equally or more powerful weapon to counterbalance that opposition they will remain unusable in future developments, existing solely as an ideal of how people should threat each other a thing that everyone already knows but either willingly ignores or has yet to manage a way to achieve, for i remind you, Devilo did nothing but state obvious things, hell the show made a point to explicitly tell us that.

And that's why it is filler no progression has been made, no one has made a resolution, they still hang in limbo holding back a decision to take action, a thing that some characters are in debt to us since the previous season, so what does it take for them to act? a Yokai massacre? a witch hunt? the murder of a beloved one?

The second episode of the season wasn't filler though. It explained what happened with the fumers, which played quite a decent role in season 1, and how exactly Jiro is now able to control his powers.

Furthermore, the band was in the show quite often within season 1, so once again, it's tying loose ends in regards to them. I don't see how that episode was filler at all.

If you want to argue the last two episodes are filler, I could understand, but episode 2 was anything but filler. Take that episode away and you'd have quite a few plotholes.
May 1, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2011
Tylaen said:
I'd like to see your crystal ball although I have a feeling you're not the sharing kind.

I will use your own message to promote my accusations:

Tylaen said:
Even if it doesn't impact the characters to a higher degree, this episode has certainly made it worse In regards to the ever more toxic environment which the superhumans In general have to navigate.

Their environment was already in that state since the previous season, and they did nothing even after they learn of the forced involvement of superhumans as live batteries for weapons, adding more examples of corruption only makes the characters seem dense and oblivious to their surroundings, specially since we know that a lot of their decisions come to bite them back, for example when Furota helps exterminate a whole clan of bug superhumans and is confronted by their sole survivor, that event takes place on this timeline, the story should progress beyond that and show us what happens next.

Tylaen said:
Devilo and Devila leave for space, after draining a part of the world’s oceans to create an ocean in Space. This Is about one of the most obvious changes that occurs In the episode and the world itself Is a character.

Hahahaha, the amount of water they took was insignificant, and if they really left to never comeback then that in itself is proof enough of a filler episode that had no consequences whatsoever, at least i am hoping they make a reappearance just to not let this go to waste as just an episode with side commentary of an ideology already exposed in the show.

Tylaen said:
Not immediately pushing the "Nuke everyone" button does not equate to complete stagnation although this argument Is fairly pointless at this point In time due to the obvious missing episodes going forward.

I look forward to see if your predictions are true.

Oh i wish they would drop some nukes (again) but for how things are going they probably would end talking it out in an anticlimactic ending, but yes it is too early to speculate about that, with that said i really don't see Devilo and Devila nor the goddess of the forest and her human athlete having any impact on this series.

RogerSmith2004 said:

The second episode of the season wasn't filler though. It explained what happened with the fumers, which played quite a decent role in season 1, and how exactly Jiro is now able to control his powers.

Furthermore, the band was in the show quite often within season 1, so once again, it's tying loose ends in regards to them. I don't see how that episode was filler at all.

If you want to argue the last two episodes are filler, I could understand, but episode 2 was anything but filler. Take that episode away and you'd have quite a few plotholes.

True, true, they are recurring characters and probably some future allies to Jirou, but i chunked it on that list because it was the start of a trend in which the same thematic was repeated again and again, my bad, my bad, even more in that episode Jirou reunites himself with Judas which is member of his current group.

Fai said:

You do realize what a narrative is, right?

"SPENDING PLOT TO PUSH THE MAIN POINT BEHIND IT".

The show is a commentary on japanese society and the superhero genre ideas. The episodes do exactly that - Explore the said topics.

And the commentary has been great, but you don't have to spend 3 (or 2 after RogerSmith2004's correction) whole episodes drilling a point that has already been made clear while you neglect the progression of the main story, which among other things is a story which parts of its future developments were shown already thanks to the brilliant decision (this is actually not sarcasm i do like it) of an anachronic narrative that shows future events to the viewer, among other things none of the characters in these episodes were involved in those sneak peaks, for we got no Claude, no Judas, and no Earth-chan in them, which are the ones who form the main Jirou group
May 1, 2016 2:16 PM
Apr 2014
Weird episode. I thought this would end in more chaos considering how scared they were by Devila.

It felt a little bit off-track. But maybe it'll fit in the bigger picture later on.

Also I was surprised by the lack of censoring. I mean if the time that is listed on MAL is correct it's still pretty early to air. Haven't watched regular TV in a while but 23:00 is pretty much the line around which the censoring starts. Sometimes a bit earlier, sometimes a bit later.At least in my country. And US probably would have censored ignoring air-time.

Anyway. Either Japan has gotten a bit more relaxed with it or they've turned a blind eye on this. And lately I get this feeling more often than a year ago. I've seen censored less in anime already.

Maybe they've let it in considering it's not necessarily "fan service". I mean they could have done without it but it's not like it was there it just because (like certain anime is doing it).

Seriously. This is so weird D: Why was it OK here but not in other anime >.< I don't get it.
May 1, 2016 2:27 PM

Apr 2015
Doomroar said:
Their environment was already in that state since the previous season, and they did nothing even after they learn of the forced involvement of superhumans as live batteries for weapons, adding more examples of corruption only makes the characters seem dense and oblivious to their surroundings, specially since we know that a lot of their decisions come to bite them back
Ignoring context and how the perception of superhumans has gradually changed In the public opinion Isn't aiding your argument. That parts of the goverment viewed them the same way they did back then does not mean nothing has changed.

Just watching episode 1 can tell you that much. Jirou Is doing his best but saying he is doing "nothing" and Is "oblivious" makes it seem like we're not watching the same show.

Doomroar said:
Hahahaha, the amount of water they took was insignificant, and if they really left to never comeback then that in itself is proof enough of a filler episode that had no consequences whatsoever, at least i am hoping they make a reappearance just to not let this go to waste as just an episode with side commentary of an ideology already exposed in the show.
This is the main commentary, Doomroar. The amount doesn't matter but the display of power does.

for we got no Claude
Claude Is dead.
TylaenMay 1, 2016 2:35 PM
May 1, 2016 9:32 PM

Jul 2013
I'm not too much of a fan of these guess director episodes.
This world is dense and filled with lots of interesting things, so it seems kind of anti-climatic that these seemingly major revelations such as the existence of the underground Youkai is introduce and wrapped up in the span of one episode. I understand they are guest directors and thus must get whatever point they need to make in a single episode but I feel points are better made with a lead up to it.

And as others have said, Jiro is sorta a broken record at this point. Nothing offensive but a bit of a far cry from season 1 so far.
May 2, 2016 2:49 AM

Jul 2011
Tylaen said:
Ignoring context and how the perception of superhumans has gradually changed In the public opinion Isn't aiding your argument. That parts of the goverment viewed them the same way they did back then does not mean nothing has changed.

Just watching episode 1 can tell you that much. Jirou Is doing his best but saying he is doing "nothing" and Is "oblivious" makes it seem like we're not watching the same show.

I am not talking about Jirou, i am talking about the other characters that insist on remaining with the Superhuman Bureau despite it being clear that their job is not helping superhumans at all, mostly in part because from the start their bureau was not designed to help superhumans.

Tylaen said:
This is the main commentary, Doomroar. The amount doesn't matter but the display of power does.

Doomroar said:
and when it comes to particularly broken characters like Devilo, his sister, or the goddess of the last episode, if the main antagonist (the government(s)) doesn't comes up with an equally or more powerful weapon to counterbalance that opposition they will remain unusable in future developments, existing solely as an ideal of how people should threat each other a thing that everyone already knows but either willingly ignores or has yet to manage a way to achieve, for i remind you, Devilo did nothing but state obvious things, hell the show made a point to explicitly tell us that.

Yeah i know, that's why i said that they are unusable, as things are now they can't come back, and if they can't come back and don't come back then they had no impact in the story, they just when up and left. And while i am at it, i want to make something clear:

Tylaen said:

As "obvious" as it wast, again that didn't affect the world at all, at all, the amount of water taken by them was insignificant, the display of power was not about the amount of water taken, what Devila did was to show that she can attack anywhere at any time without a warning and without being stopped, she practically bragged about being pseudo omnipresent, a thing that was made quite clear when she and her brother embraced the whole damn planet and then just left, you don't need to dry an ocean if you can attack an strategical point regardless of where it may be, like a crew of astronauts making an important comeback mission, etc.

Tylaen said:
Claude Is dead.

And yet he (or rather someone wearing his armor) makes a reappearance and will fight Jirou on top of a train in a future development, as shown in the 1st episode of this season.
May 2, 2016 8:56 AM

Dec 2015
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/imagine/20160426.html

Not sure where I could post that so I put it in the last episode thread. This is the imagine-nation (an NHK-World show about japanese subculture) from a few weeks ago who talked about Concrete Revolutio.
The interesting thing to notice is how the review focuses on the style with NO mention of the post-war history used in the show. Is it not a strength of this series?

PS: I'm late in this anime, so I don't have anyhting to write directly related to the episode, sorry.
May 2, 2016 4:07 PM

Oct 2013
I really liked the final minutes.

It was sort of an homage to End of Evangelion.
May 2, 2016 5:03 PM
Mar 2015
I think this episode is about New Age Movement in the 70s.
May 2, 2016 5:56 PM
Mar 2015
https://www.photolibrary.jp/mhd7/img207/450-2011053107305472842.jpg

In Japan,there is a legend that "the huge catfish monster that inhabit the undergroud causes an earthquake.".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namazu_(Japanese_mythology)
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/history-of-geology/namazu-the-earthshaker/
May 2, 2016 9:29 PM
Jun 2015
JohnSmithSlider said:
dm106 said:

Bothered? Why would you?

So you are telling me that because there exists the concept of censorship vs. not and that there are nipples displayed, you are conflicted about the show? Being Christian is a poor excuse for your feelings. This is a very tame way of showing the female body, it is not like they put them in to show them off like other shows do. Not once did I see jiggle physics. Japan has their own sense of morals compared to ours, but at the same time there are many similarities. In japanese porn, human genitalia is censored for various reasons while american porn does not. At the same time, japan is more fine with showing bare breasts than america is. A lot of this issue is localisation, but you are coming at it seemingly from a religious standpoint. Just enjoy the show for what it is. Its just a body part. Doesnt matter if it is censored or not. Some shows try to be kid friendly for the television broadcasts and then show off the nudity and gore when it is sold on dvd. Its how business works.
May 4, 2016 9:08 AM

Jul 2007
Rei366 said:
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/imagine/20160426.html

Not sure where I could post that so I put it in the last episode thread. This is the imagine-nation (an NHK-World show about japanese subculture) from a few weeks ago who talked about Concrete Revolutio.
The interesting thing to notice is how the review focuses on the style with NO mention of the post-war history used in the show. Is it not a strength of this series?

PS: I'm late in this anime, so I don't have anyhting to write directly related to the episode, sorry.

Not for the japanese who are hellbent on ignoring it.
May 4, 2016 11:56 AM

Dec 2015
@Fai Right, but since this show was about promoting Concrete Revolutio on an international level, I thought it was strange to ignore it.
Thanks for your insights on the series.

Well, I suppose I should be glad they let it live a full length. ^^
Rei_IIIMay 4, 2016 12:00 PM
May 4, 2016 4:59 PM

Jan 2008
Good episode, but dear LORD did I want to punch those ninjas in the face. You already know who Devila is, and you morons think you can take her? "Oh, we scared him off". Yeah, the intangible shadow demon was scared off by how you were incapable of even scratching it. Bitch, he could have wiped the city off the map if it wanted.
May 5, 2016 5:03 AM

Apr 2016
DmonHiro said:
Good episode, but dear LORD did I want to punch those ninjas in the face. You already know who Devila is, and you morons think you can take her? "Oh, we scared him off". Yeah, the intangible shadow demon was scared off by how you were incapable of even scratching it. Bitch, he could have wiped the city off the map if it wanted.

I'm glad I'm seeing someone say this rofl. I believe all the episodes are important and that there is no filler(especially with no source material), but this bothered me far more..
In general, humans not being able to cope with the fact that we're not all-knowing, and that there are indeed things in this existence that we can't begin to comprehend. That guy was beyond arrogant and I wanted exactly the same- to punch him straight in the face.
"We scared it off, it's our victory! HOORAY" -Imbeciles.
"I reserve my right to feel uncomfortable, reserve my right to be afraid,
I make mistakes and I am humbled every step of the way,
I want to be a better person, I wanna know the master plan,
Cast your stones, cast your judgment. You don't make me who I am."
May 6, 2016 1:14 AM

Aug 2013
There was an unexpected plethora of uncensored tiddies this episode. Caught me by surprise.

It was actually pretty tasteful though, and kind of made sense. She was a sentient, almighty being who transcended most life forms in the universe and could exist in any dimension, with powers that were probably so insane they weren't even mentioned. I'm sure for a being like that clothing isn't too high up on the list of necessities.
May 6, 2016 2:03 PM

Dec 2015
The episode was good, totally in the thematic, but Dévilo's speech was very annoying even after the end when I understood why it was there.

Also: unexpected drawings of a naked female upperbody.

3.5/5
Jun 30, 2016 10:45 PM

Mar 2015
It's true, if we can't live underground, why don't we just go to space?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 13, 2016 7:09 AM

Nov 2015
Those siblings are actually pretty cool!
But man, that ninja policeman is just so stupid...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

29 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 5:33 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2016

33 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2016

28 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 5:46 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

66 by Rei_III »»
Jul 10, 2022 2:04 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

43 by St0rmblade »»
Jul 3, 2022 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.