Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think female protagonist who support main protagonist more popular than female main protagonist ?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 30, 2016 3:07 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Saintrider891 said:
Because Saber and Rin is wife archytype what make them popular. Now if you want to talking about nasuverse look example to Ryougi Shiki and Aoko aozaki because they is main protagonist / true protagonist .

Wife archetype? It's really up to fans who they call their "waifu", it hardly has much bearing on the characters themselves. I mean, you could call any character your waifu if you wanted to; that doesn't mean they are now in this so-called "wife archetype".

Now let's just compare to Ryougi shiki and Aoko aozaki to Saber and Rin because result is Saber and Rin will beating Aoko aozaki and Ryougi shiki.

See that this result is just female protagonist who is playing support will get more win than female protagonist not to mention we talking only nasuverse / type moon now if we talking anime in whole i'm sure female protagonist who support protagonist is more popular than female main protagonist.

They're just more prominently featured in Type Moon official art, and their respective anime are more popular in general. You've yet to show how that is in any way connected to them supporting the "true protagonist", though I'd disagree with that description for Saber and Rin because they play important roles in the shows in they appear in.

Her the link where Saber and Rin fight in 2015 .
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1449551&show=0

Reading comments there. No one mentioning female characters playing support as a reason why they agree or disagree with the results. Was this supposed to prove your point?
Apr 30, 2016 3:52 PM
Apr 2016
Meh look like this threat is over . Now look like the result is female protagonist who support main protagonist is more popupar than female main protagonist.
Apr 30, 2016 4:05 PM
Apr 2016
BatoKusanagi said:
Saintrider891 said:
Because Saber and Rin is wife archytype what make them popular. Now if you want to talking about nasuverse look example to Ryougi Shiki and Aoko aozaki because they is main protagonist / true protagonist .

Wife archetype? It's really up to fans who they call their "waifu", it hardly has much bearing on the characters themselves. I mean, you could call any character your waifu if you wanted to; that doesn't mean they are now in this so-called "wife archetype".

Now let's just compare to Ryougi shiki and Aoko aozaki to Saber and Rin because result is Saber and Rin will beating Aoko aozaki and Ryougi shiki.

See that this result is just female protagonist who is playing support will get more win than female protagonist not to mention we talking only nasuverse / type moon now if we talking anime in whole i'm sure female protagonist who support protagonist is more popular than female main protagonist.

They're just more prominently featured in Type Moon official art, and their respective anime are more popular in general. You've yet to show how that is in any way connected to them supporting the "true protagonist", though I'd disagree with that description for Saber and Rin because they play important roles in the shows in they appear in.

Reading comments there. No one mentioning female characters playing support as a reason why they agree or disagree with the results. Was this supposed to prove your point?

No one you say why do you just search about some info about Saber and Rin just because they playing important role both position is just female protagonist who support main protagonist / True protagonist.

(the true protagonist is Shirou whatever you believe or not just playing VN )

Or maybe you don't read what ixaa said believe or not that point from Number 1 until 6 is more popular not to mention is repeating circle.
Apr 30, 2016 4:44 PM

Sep 2013
More popular, almost entirely yes. Better? Hell freaking no. Female MC's FTW!
May 1, 2016 6:51 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Saintrider891 said:
No one you say why do you just search about some info about Saber and Rin just because they playing important role both position is just female protagonist who support main protagonist / True protagonist.

Then, no matter what they do they're still, in your eyes, supporting the main character? Even when their not? Well, that's just dishonest.

You're not completely wrong, but you must know that the defining aspect of each route in the VN (and, really, a lot of VNs out there) is that they have a different heroine who, in large part, will be the focus of the route.

Or maybe you don't read what ixaa said believe or not that point from Number 1 until 6 is more popular not to mention is repeating circle.

Or maybe you don't read what anyone who doesn't agree with you is saying which, even going by your own source, is not "I like this female character because she support true protagonist".
May 1, 2016 2:18 PM
Apr 2016
BatoKusanagi said:
Saintrider891 said:

Then, no matter what they do they're still, in your eyes, supporting the main character? Even when their not? Well, that's just dishonest.

You're not completely wrong, but you must know that the defining aspect of each route in the VN (and, really, a lot of VNs out there) is that they have a different heroine who, in large part, will be the focus of the route.

Or maybe you don't read what anyone who doesn't agree with you is saying which, even going by your own source, is not "I like this female character because she support true protagonist".

Well what are you going to do want with me ? Are you want i must admit Saber and Rin is one protagonist ? Because if you know that in my eyes i'm only see Saber and Rin is female protagonist who support true protagonist.

Well that what make this threat is rise .
May 1, 2016 9:39 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Saintrider891 said:
Well what are you going to do want with me ? Are you want i must admit Saber and Rin is one protagonist ? Because if you know that in my eyes i'm only see Saber and Rin is female protagonist who support true protagonist.

Whatever, then, I don't think we're going to get anywhere with this. How you see them is really beside the point. I'm still waiting on some evidence that them, supposedly, supporting the "true protagonist" plays any role whatsoever in their popularity.

What?
May 1, 2016 11:04 PM

Feb 2016
Well with the generic Harem genre and Battle Shounen at the top of the popularity lists, of course the female protagonist supporting character is more popular then the female lead.

If Kill la Kill had the budget that most of these horrid harems had then maybe we would see a change. Who knows.
May 1, 2016 11:20 PM

Mar 2016
Are there any female protagonist who are kind and loving or have any personalities like dandere, kuudere or yandere? The most lead I have seen are either arrogant or like that stupid character called Sakura who fall for cool and handsome guys and think that's love. Well I don't like these kind of women.

Whereas mostly male lead anime have kind and gentle male supported by a loving female character, that's more appealing to people I believe.
May 2, 2016 2:34 AM

Apr 2010
I think they are more common to begin with... Most shounen focus on males, shoujous tend to have both male and female (or just males). So... that's a problem if you want to compare.

May 2, 2016 3:48 AM
Apr 2016
BatoKusanagi said:
Saintrider891 said:

Whatever, then, I don't think we're going to get anywhere with this. How you see them is really beside the point. I'm still waiting on some evidence that them, supposedly, supporting the "true protagonist" plays any role whatsoever in their popularity.

What?

In that case about saber and rin just ask some fans of them you will get the answer .
May 2, 2016 5:53 AM
Apr 2016
TheEntropy said:
Well with the generic Harem genre and Battle Shounen at the top of the popularity lists, of course the female protagonist supporting character is more popular then the female lead.

If Kill la Kill had the budget that most of these horrid harems had then maybe we would see a change. Who knows.

Are kill la kill really popular in japan ?
May 2, 2016 9:17 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Saintrider891 said:

In that case about saber and rin just ask some fans of them you will get the answer .

Like I said:

I said:
You said:

But I'm curious which fans did you ask, and how many, and what did they tell you was the reason they like Rin and Saber?
Dec 2, 2016 2:36 AM
Dec 2016
flannan said:
@Saintrider891
Aoko Aozaki didn't get her own anime yet. I'm sure a lot of people did not play her game, and her role in Tsukihime is minimal.

But overall, I have Four answers for you:
1) You define a ridiculously narrow category of characters to make your point. If you see two people, a man and a woman, fight side by side, you always assume the man is the main character, and the woman supports him. You sexist.
You even refuse to acknowledge that Gasai Yuno belongs in it, even though she moves the plot, fights the fights, romances the romance and does everything else while Yuuki can only stare in horror.

2) Majority of anime are "shounen". Shounen usually have male protagonists, because they're considered more relatable, and often they have female co-protagonists and supporting characters, because gender balance, fanservice and other reasons.
As a result, female non-protagonist main characters and supporting characters are way, way more numerous. They can easily win through strength of numbers.

3) Do the characters you like really have a memorable personality? Are you sure their personality isn't the default?

4) Frankly, all of your examples that I've seen are good people. A lot of viewers and commenters here are either bad people or fans of bad people.
I don't understand them, I like Emiya Shirou and Saber better than Gilgamesh. In fact, Gilgamesh is an dumb ancient relic, only good for getting his ass kicked.

Saintrider891 said:
Nah just because Saber and Rin is cool in good fight that doen't mean in personality is good .

Is Saber's personality really all that different from Shirayuki? I don't think so.

Saintrider891 said:
Because Saber and Rin is wife archytype what make them popular.

Yeah, you're the sexist.

1. That what so cute if you think Mirai nikki is Yuno is protagonist meanwhile in wiki Yuuki get labeled as main protagonist too . Also in mayority anìme Female co-protagonist more popular than female main protagonist .

Now give him example a popular anime where main protagonist is female and male is the one who support her? Can you give him ? Of course not .

Also let's get compare anime with female main protagonist with male-co protagonist to male main protagonist with female co-protagonist . How the result ? Of course People chose Anime Male main Protagonist with female co-protagonist.
Fauzanhakim97Dec 2, 2016 2:43 AM
Dec 2, 2016 2:41 AM

Nov 2009
Fauzanhakim97 said:
flannan said:
@Saintrider891
Aoko Aozaki didn't get her own anime yet. I'm sure a lot of people did not play her game, and her role in Tsukihime is minimal.

But overall, I have Four answers for you:
1) You define a ridiculously narrow category of characters to make your point. If you see two people, a man and a woman, fight side by side, you always assume the man is the main character, and the woman supports him. You sexist.
You even refuse to acknowledge that Gasai Yuno belongs in it, even though she moves the plot, fights the fights, romances the romance and does everything else while Yuuki can only stare in horror.

2) Majority of anime are "shounen". Shounen usually have male protagonists, because they're considered more relatable, and often they have female co-protagonists and supporting characters, because gender balance, fanservice and other reasons.
As a result, female non-protagonist main characters and supporting characters are way, way more numerous. They can easily win through strength of numbers.

3) Do the characters you like really have a memorable personality? Are you sure their personality isn't the default?

4) Frankly, all of your examples that I've seen are good people. A lot of viewers and commenters here are either bad people or fans of bad people.
I don't understand them, I like Emiya Shirou and Saber better than Gilgamesh. In fact, Gilgamesh is an dumb ancient relic, only good for getting his ass kicked.

Is Saber's personality really all that different from Shirayuki? I don't think so.

Yeah, you're the sexist.

1. That what so cute if you think Mirai nikki is Yuno is protagonist meanwhile in wiki Yuuki get labeled as main protagonist too . Also in mayority anìme Female co-protagonist more popular than female main protagonist .

Now give him a example popular or not-popular anime where main protagonist is female and male is the one who support her? Can you give him ? Of course not .

Who do you think I am? I have recently hit 750 anime, of course I have plenty of examples.
How about Shakugan no Shana for starters?
Dec 2, 2016 2:55 AM
Dec 2016
flannan said:
Fauzanhakim97 said:

Now give him a example popular or not-popular anime where main protagonist is female and male is the one who support her? Can you give him ? Of course not .

Who do you think I am? I have recently hit 750 anime, of course I have plenty of examples.

Let's see to summary .

"The world has become a slaughtering ground for the Crimson Denizens, mysterious beings from a parallel universe who thrive on the life energy of humans. These merciless murderers only leave behind scant remainders of souls called "Torches," which are mere residues that will eventually be destroyed, along with the very fact of the victims' existence from the minds of the living. In an ambitious endeavor to put an end to this invisible, hungry massacre, warriors called Flame Hazes relentlessly fight these monsters.

One fateful day, Yuuji Sakai ceases to be a regular high schooler—he becomes trapped in a crevice of time and is suddenly attacked by a Denizen. Coming to his rescue just in the nick of time is a nameless hunter who seems no different from an ordinary young girl except for her blazing eyes and burning crimson hair. However, before Yuuji can learn anything more about his situation, he discovers that he has already been reduced to a Torch—merely a scrap of memory waiting to be extinguished. "

> plot is usually where Yuji a normal get attacked by Denizen.
> suddenly a weird girl with crimson hair save yuji .
> Yuji live now not become normal girl

HAHAHAHA a plot like this already usual because a show like this is Yuji become main protagonist meanwhile Shana is the one who support main protagonist ( yuji ).
Dec 2, 2016 3:06 AM

Nov 2009
Fauzanhakim97 said:
flannan said:

Let's see to summary .

"The world has become a slaughtering ground for the Crimson Denizens, mysterious beings from a parallel universe who thrive on the life energy of humans. These merciless murderers only leave behind scant remainders of souls called "Torches," which are mere residues that will eventually be destroyed, along with the very fact of the victims' existence from the minds of the living. In an ambitious endeavor to put an end to this invisible, hungry massacre, warriors called Flame Hazes relentlessly fight these monsters.

One fateful day, Yuuji Sakai ceases to be a regular high schooler—he becomes trapped in a crevice of time and is suddenly attacked by a Denizen. Coming to his rescue just in the nick of time is a nameless hunter who seems no different from an ordinary young girl except for her blazing eyes and burning crimson hair. However, before Yuuji can learn anything more about his situation, he discovers that he has already been reduced to a Torch—merely a scrap of memory waiting to be extinguished. "

HAHAHAHA a plot like this already usual because a show like this is Yuji become main protagonist meanwhile Shana is the one who support main protagonist ( yuji ).

Go and actually watch some anime. People with 0 anime on their list who haven't even seen such a famous work as Shakugan no Shana have no place in a discussion about anime statistics.
Shana is, quite obviously, the main character of the pair, while Yuuji supports her.
Dec 2, 2016 3:20 AM
Dec 2016
flannan said:
Fauzanhakim97 said:

Let's see to summary .

Go and actually watch some anime. People with 0 anime on their list who haven't even seen such a famous work as Shakugan no Shana have no place in a discussion about anime statistics.
Shana is, quite obviously, the main character of the pair, while Yuuji supports her.

Then it's not really different than a series just sekirei where musubi the one who fighting while minato is the one support her .

Also Are Shana is the one who defeated main villain ? Because Yuji is narrator of story and even with a two protagonist Yuji is the real protagonist not shana .

In the end you can't give saintrider anime female main protagonist with male co-leads.
Fauzanhakim97Dec 2, 2016 4:06 AM
Dec 2, 2016 4:00 AM

Nov 2009
Fauzanhakim97 said:
flannan said:

Then it's not really different than a series just sekirei where musubi the one who fighting while minato is the one support her .

Also Are Shana is the one who defeated main villain ? Because Yuji is narrator of story and even with a two protagonist yuji is the real protagonist not shana .

I haven't actually seen Sekirei.
Yes, Shana is the one who wins battles. Except season 3.
Dec 2, 2016 4:11 AM
Dec 2016
flannan said:
Fauzanhakim97 said:

Also Are Shana is the one who defeated main villain ? Because Yuji is narrator of story and even with a two protagonist yuji is the real protagonist not shana .

Well Shakugan no Shana can't become example because the story is Male main protagonist with female co-leads instead Female main protagonist with Male co-leads.
Dec 2, 2016 4:14 AM

Nov 2009
Fauzanhakim97 said:
flannan said:

Well Shakugan no Shana can't become example because the story is Male main protagonist with female co-leads instead Female main protagonist with Male co-leads.

Shakugan no Shana has only two lead characters: Shana and Yuuji. It isn't a battle harem.
Dec 2, 2016 4:23 AM
Dec 2016
flannan said:
Fauzanhakim97 said:

Shakugan no Shana has only two lead characters: Shana and Yuuji. It isn't a battle harem.

And ? Shakugan no shana true protagonist is Yuji . Just because theŕe two leads i'm sure one of them is true protagonist also meanwhile Shana is the one fighting with enemies that doen't mean she true protagonist.

Now shakugan no shana is failed. Do you have any example anime Female Main Protagonist with male co-leads ? Of course not because the mayority you waching is Male main protagonist with female co-leads.
Dec 2, 2016 4:25 AM

Jul 2015
Rem >>>>>>>>>>>> emilia
Screw anime tropes , first girl must not always win
Dec 2, 2016 4:28 AM

Nov 2009
Fauzanhakim97 said:
flannan said:

And ? Shakugan no shana true protagonist is Yuji . Just because theŕe two leads i'm sure one of them is true protagonist also meanwhile Shana is the one fighting with enemies that doen't mean she true protagonist.

Now shakugan no shana is failed. Do you have any example anime Female Main Protagonist with male co-leads ? Of course not because the mayority you waching is Male main protagonist with female co-leads.

Among the two of us, only I watched Shakugan no Shana and Mirai Nikki. I also have lots of anime experience. And I'm telling you, that Shana and Yuuno are the leads, and the boys near them are sidekicks.
There is no way you can build an argument that proves otherwise. Because you're a troll account.
Dec 2, 2016 5:30 AM
Dec 2016
flannan said:
Fauzanhakim97 said:

Among the two of us, only I watched Shakugan no Shana and Mirai Nikki. I also have lots of anime experience. And I'm telling you, that Shana and Yuuno are the leads, and the boys near them are sidekicks.
There is no way you can build an argument that proves otherwise. Because you're a troll account.
flannan said:
Fauzanhakim97 said:

It was so cute to think i'm troll meanwhile everyone thinking Yuuki and Yuji is protagonist not to mention the series have male demographic . Now now i know there a female protagonist with male demographic but they don't get more attention because female-co protagonist more popular than female main protagonist.

Just admid it you can't give example anime female main protagonist with male co-protagonist . It was too embrassing for someone waching 750 anime or maybe it was your bullshit.
Dec 2, 2016 5:33 AM

Nov 2009
Fauzanhakim97 said:
flannan said:

flannan said:

It was so cute to think i'm troll meanwhile everyone thinking Yuuki and Yuji is protagonist not to mention the series have male demographic . Now now i know there a female protagonist with male demographic but they don't get more attention because female-co protagonist more popular than female main protagonist.

Just admid it you can't give example anime female main protagonist with male co-protagonist . It was too embrassing for someone waching 750 anime or maybe it was your bullshit.

Have a few more:
Claymore.
Pumpkin Scissors (it's the reverse of Shakugan no Shana - there's a big fighty guy, and a girl who supports him and is the protagonist by your standard)
Grenadier.
Dec 2, 2016 5:47 AM
Dec 2016
flannan said:
Fauzanhakim97 said:

Have a few more:
Claymore.
Pumpkin Scissors (it's the reverse of Shakugan no Shana - there's a big fighty guy, and a girl who supports him and is the protagonist by your standard)
Grenadier.

Claymore = oh you mean anime only have female main protagonist but don't have male co-leads.
Pumpkim Scissors = no more like male main protagonist with female co-protagonist.
Grenadier = look like fit criteria .
Fauzanhakim97Dec 2, 2016 5:55 AM
Dec 2, 2016 6:07 AM

Nov 2009
@Fauzanhakim97
A few others:
Appleseed and Dominion Tank Police (Masamune Shirow has a lot of female leads, but having only two protagonists is rare)
B Gata H Kei
Chrno Crusade
Ghost Hunt
Gingitsune
Kara no Kyoukai (unlike Nasu's later works, this one isn't burdened by being a VN eroge)
Kyoukai no Kanata (but you will probably argue that it's the boy who is main character)
Nijuu Mensou no Musume
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
Seiken no Blacksmith
Tenkuu no Escaflowne

All these have clear male and female main characters, and the female one is the protagonist. In many of these, she's also a point of view character.
Dec 2, 2016 7:19 AM
Dec 2016
flannan said:
@Fauzanhakim97
A few others:
Appleseed and Dominion Tank Police (Masamune Shirow has a lot of female leads, but having only two protagonists is rare)
B Gata H Kei
Chrno Crusade
Ghost Hunt
Gingitsune
Kara no Kyoukai (unlike Nasu's later works, this one isn't burdened by being a VN eroge)
Kyoukai no Kanata (but you will probably argue that it's the boy who is main character)
Nijuu Mensou no Musume
Seiken no Blacksmith
Tenkuu no Escaflowne

All these have clear male and female main characters, and the female one is the protagonist. In many of these, she's also a point of view character.

Only Kara no kyokai and seiken no blacksmith have Female protagonist with male co-lead but i already watching . Appleseed and Dominion Tank Police , Nijii Mensou no Musume , Ginģitsune have Female Protagonist but don't have Male co-protagonist .

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru and Tenku no Escàflowe have usual mayority role anime where Male protagonist with Female co- protagonist .

Well look like i'm actually right you still only embrassing yourself because Female protagonist who suppoŕt main protagonist morè popular than Female main protagonist itself .

Also you still can't recomendation a Female Protagonist with Male co-Protagonist because you alw ays watching usual anime with Male Protagonist with Female co-Protagonist. .
Fauzanhakim97Dec 2, 2016 7:34 AM
Dec 2, 2016 8:07 AM

Nov 2009
Fauzanhakim97 said:
flannan said:
@Fauzanhakim97
A few others:
B Gata H Kei
Chrno Crusade
Ghost Hunt
Gingitsune
Nijuu Mensou no Musume
Seiken no Blacksmith
Tenkuu no Escaflowne

Only Kara no kyokai and seiken no blacksmith have Female protagonist with male co-lead but i already watching . Appleseed and Dominion Tank Police , Nijii Mensou no Musume , Ginģitsune have Female Protagonist but don't have Male co-protagonist .

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru and Tenku no Escàflowe have usual mayority role anime where Male protagonist with Female co- protagonist .

Well look like i'm actually right you still only embrassing yourself because Female protagonist who suppoŕt main protagonist morè popular than Female main protagonist itself .

Also you still can't recomendation a Female Protagonist with Male co-Protagonist because you alw ays watching usual anime with Male Protagonist with Female co-Protagonist. .

No, you are just badly biased and badly uninformed.
Especially when you claim that Escaflowne's protagonist is not Hitomi.
I'm tired of your lies. I will not help you any more.
Dec 2, 2016 8:31 AM
May 2016
for me i don't like female protaganists because almost all the time i can't relate to them , their stories and how they go on about things just doesn't go with me.
and not just female protoganists i remember dropping a few very praised animes on account of the MC ie, arslan senki because the mc is whiny and not mc material(especially for that theme) in general , and JoJo because Jojo is too much of an asshole ...just unbearable*
bottom line , it all comes down to personality and if it fits well.
Dec 2, 2016 8:42 AM
May 2015
Cause dumb folk like to sleep on shoujo series

Youko the pinnacle of protagonist writing and development.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2018 8:47 AM
Dec 2017
Yes female co-protagonist like Saber, Kurisu , Yuno , Taiga , Shana , Mikasa than female main protagonist like Oscar , Yona , Alita , Lina , Clare .

ixaa said:
God be it, I've always asked myself questions similar to this.

I think it's just because there are more male leads in anime, since anime is a medium that generally attracts boys/men more than it does girls (that's also why the shoujo demographic is a bare desert compared to shounen and seinen). By having a male lead, more boys may relate to the characters and the anime becomes more popular/the sales go up. And you ALWAYS have to have a female supporter, because that means there's a chance for romance, and everybody likes some romance in their stories, even if they're an action person. From here now, it's a chain.
'
1. You have a popular anime with a main male lead and a female supporter.
2. Popular anime gets more views. More people are aware of this badass male lead and great female supporter.
3. "THIS FEMALE SUPPORTER IS GREAT", the anime community says, and shows her off, so that everybody knows.
4. Everybody knows. More people get attracted to said anime. They watch it. Now they're a fan of this popular anime with a main male lead and female supporter.
5. "THIS FEMALE SUPPORTER IS GREAT," the anime community says, but louder, since there are more fans of her now.
6. Cycle generally repeats until said anime dies out.

Now, take that and compare it to a female lead character. Maybe a female lead isn't relatable, or maybe there are just some people who dislike female leads, despite some of them being really cool. An anime with a female lead generally doesn't become popular unless 1) it's a romance anime OR 2) the anime can guarantee that they will bring something good to the table.

The main female character can be very well-written, though her anime may never get popular since female leads tend to iffy on the anime community.
Kill La Kill was a hit anime with a strong female lead. It was popular because it had a unique and interesting story as well as good art and nice OST.
Yona of the Dawn has an interesting story as well, accompanied by a female lead and male supporters. It deserves all the recognition it can get, but it doesn't. Why? Who the fuck knows? But the anime isn't popular. So nobody knows Yona.

tldr; more popular anime tend to have male leads whereas less popular anime tend to have female leads (for some reason that nobody knows) therefore female supporters in said popular anime WILL be more popular for the general reason that their anime is more well known

I still remember when someone make thread about anime with female protagonist.

I really facepalm when people include Fate Stay Night , Shakugan no Shana , Attack on Titan as anime with female protagonist . Seriously that show was male protagonist with female co-protagonist not female main protagonist itself .
Jan 15, 2018 11:53 AM
Jul 2015
Saintrider891 said:
Do you think female protagonist who is support main protagonist get more popular than female main protagonist. For example when there topic about who is your favorite female protagonist some people say is saber , rin , mikasa , tohka , rias and etc ( as long she support protagonist ) meanwhile female main protagonist just like balsa , birdy , and the other who is main protagonist female get less popular .

So my question

1. Do you think current female main protagonist get less popular than current female protagonist who support main protagonist ?

2. Are people prefer female protagonist who have personality tsundere , kundere , yandere , dandere than female who trying overcome challange for example just like Ryuko , Alita , Birdy , Clare , Yona ? .

I mean for example when there some people favorite female protagonist in every year who win is always female protagonist who support true protagonist indeed female main protagonist herself.

I know this is weird topic so i want to know what do you think about this ?

1. I don't know about the popularity stuff, but I find a Main Female Protagonist more entertaining than a Co-Female Lead, if it's not Shoujo genre. Co-Female Leads exude an aura where they can't do things independently without her Man by her side, so I dislike that. Main Female MC is better, IMHO.

For example, Tensei Shoujo no Rirekisho is a Light Novel that features a Single Female Protagonist, but it's not Shoujo, as the protagonist is not weak or looking for a man to fall in love with or to depend on, as she has her own independent mind and uses her past life knowledge to improve on people's lives.

She also does some fighting against monsters supported by her Nakama schoolmates of 3 female friends and 2 main male friends, and at the moment, not feeling any romantic attraction towards those 2 males of same age as her yet, as she only considers them as her very close and important comrades. However, one of those 2 males likes the MC, while the other male likes one of MC's female friends. One of the MC's 3 female friends is an Ojou-sama character with rolled hair. Protagonist is courageous, elegant, polite, analytical, quick-thinking, assertive, independent, intelligent, ingenious, and resourceful. Here it is, Tensei Shoujo no Rirekisho ! >>> https://myanimelist.net/manga/96183/Tensei_Shoujo_no_Rirekisho

Please read that Light Novel above until the current Volume 5. I guarantee you that it will entertain you more than any LNs in current sales.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Jan 15, 2018 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
1. Yes. Because the supporting female characters tend to be more entertaining. I find the, "coward becomes strong" archetype to be boring asf.

2. Since a majority of anime viewers are male, obviously female characters who fit into archetypes are more popular.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

17 by Malkshake »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
7 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

14 by traed »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

62 by delirific »»
14 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

23 by FanofAction »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.