Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Akatsuki no Yona' Enters Indefinite Hiatus [Update 5/2]

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 29, 2016 3:01 AM

Jul 2009
Hell, why everything that I like enters in the hiatus stage?! Really, like Berserk and Nana (just a few examples) were not enough...
Apr 29, 2016 4:19 AM
Jun 2011
i hope she will recover from her traouma soon and will get back i glad she not injured
Apr 29, 2016 5:19 AM

Jul 2015
Good news
S1 was just about a bunch of hot guys who want to rape a princess
tragedydesuApr 29, 2016 5:24 AM
Apr 29, 2016 6:16 AM

Oct 2014
shanimebib said:
Thanks for the news. I hope everything will be okay. :/

Completely offtopic, but your forum set is awesome, I love it!
Apr 29, 2016 6:26 AM

Nov 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Robiiii said:
Ahhh poor fans. Poor mangaka. Poor Japan :/

@haxxspetten I dont think u would be in the mood of finishing manuscripts after an earthquake happened at ur area
Well sure but it's not like an entire region of Japan can suddenly decide they're going to stop working just because they're "not in the mood" :s

Perhaps something actually happened to her (or to somebody from her family) or the place where she worked, but the official website decided to omit it.
Apr 29, 2016 6:56 AM

Jan 2012
zetsu_shoren said:
it goes so far to copy juuni kokki, even with hiatuses

It might be similar, but that doesn't make it copied also character development of of Youko is way better

lol just when i decided to read it @GreenKouhai

should i read the manga or just wait for s:2 ? anyone?

Apr 29, 2016 7:13 AM

Jan 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Robiiii said:
Ahhh poor fans. Poor mangaka. Poor Japan :/

@haxxspetten I dont think u would be in the mood of finishing manuscripts after an earthquake happened at ur area
Well sure but it's not like an entire region of Japan can suddenly decide they're going to stop working just because they're "not in the mood" :s

You don't really care about the mangaka's situation, don't you?
Apr 29, 2016 7:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Xenocrisi said:
HaXXspetten said:

You don't really care about the mangaka's situation, don't you?
Of course, but the point was that if she's really unharmed and not affected personally by it then I don't really see the problem. If someone close to her did get hurt though then it's understandable but I can't say anything about that since the announcement didn't mention it
Apr 29, 2016 7:59 AM

May 2014
I guess I got some time now.

Shuhan said:
rip in peace she was so young

Ayyy lmao
Apr 29, 2016 8:32 AM

Nov 2007
AllenVonStein said:

Chances are there will never be a sequel (particularly after the couple of OVAs have been announced to be adapted). Read the manga. It's an A+ manga and its rating in Japan or in MAL is not for show. You don't see many manga out there that just keep on getting better and better with the progression of story. It gets a lot more darker, it puts pieces in the right places at the right time to make senses and it makes a mockery of other long running manga outside the target demographic on how it should be done.

I just hope sensei recovers from anything that may keep her from releasing the chapters soon. It could be mental shock. It could be loss of family, relatives or friends, or even loss of people working with her (her editor, her assistants), it could be loss of places she loved, it could be loss of the environment she worked on. We don't know anything. A few years back when Japan was hit by Tsunami, she thanked Taiwan for its role on helping her region in her manga. We are talking about human lives here with many, many more important things involved.

I am very disappointed reading some of the comments here.
shanimebibApr 29, 2016 3:38 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 29, 2016 8:58 AM

Jan 2012
shanimebib said:

Chances are there will never be a sequel (particularly after the couple of OVAs have been announced to be adapted). Read the manga. It's an A+ manga and its rating in Japan or in MAL is not for show. You don't see many manga out there that just keep on getting better and better with the progression of story.

ok thnx i will follow ur advice and read Manga as i have been told b4 by others users.

Apr 29, 2016 9:28 AM

Apr 2016
Glad she's fine but I hope this hiatus won't be that long, I need to see my ship (Hak x Yona) sailing please.
ShuRinApr 29, 2016 1:26 PM

๐’ฎ๐’พ๐“๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’ฎ๐“€๐’พ๐‘’๐“ˆ
๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š’๐š›๐šŽ
๐šŽ๐šข๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐š’๐š›๐šŽ
๐š๐šŠ๐š”๐š’๐š—' ๐š–๐šŽ ๐š‹๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‹๐š•๐šž๐šŽ

โƒ
Apr 29, 2016 12:14 PM

Apr 2011
Glad to hear that the mangaka is unharmed.

I will make this hiatus useful (and catch up on the manga,lol);
Apr 29, 2016 6:03 PM

Sep 2010
Fai said:
bobzanny said:

Well Akatsuki no Yona seems to be in a pretty hyped arc so no way will a permanent hiatus strike now right....right?

X got hiatused at literally finale cliffhanger.

PeaceMaker Kurogane went on Hiatus for 10 or so years and came back last year or in 2014 and now its getting a new anime adaption/sequel so don't lose hope. Seeing pictures of where she lives AnY will probably be on hiatus for a few months.

At least I still got Magi and Noragami, but Akatsuki no Yona is in my top 10 sad to see it will not be updated for a while. At least this gives time for the scans to get caught up if they haven't already.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 30, 2016 1:31 AM

Jul 2014
I felt so sad when I first heard of the hiatus but at the same time glad the mangaka and here team are fine.

Hopefully it'll resume soon and not take too long.

I'm still in pain waiting for Ai Yazawa to finish NANA. If Akatsuki no Yona ends up the same I'mma cry an ocean.
. . . . . โœ˜ . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 30, 2016 4:48 AM

Jul 2014
Glad she hasn't been hurt! Hope she will soon continue the manga!

Apr 30, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 2014
Damn, rather sad to hear. But atleast the mangaka is ok, I'll just wait patiently for it to resume!
Apr 30, 2016 1:19 PM

Nov 2011
This kinda scared me because I've been planning on picking up the manga for awhile now. I hope the mangaka can recover okay, whatever her situation may be.
May 2, 2016 4:37 AM

Oct 2015
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-02/yona-of-the-dawn-manga-to-resume-on-may-20/.101710

Great news it will resume at 20th May so only a 3week pause, cant wait for this next chapter :)
May 2, 2016 8:17 AM

Nov 2007
New Update
It was revealed via the mangaka's blog that the series will return on the 12th issue, which will release on May 20, 2016.

Source: Mangaka's Blog
tsubasaloverMay 2, 2016 9:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 2, 2016 9:26 AM

Dec 2011
So only one edition skipped.

Good to know things are going back to normal so quickly.

Incidentally, that link is to the hanayume website, not the mangaka's blog. Are you sure you didn't mean to link to http://yaplog.jp/sanaginonaka/archive/757 ?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 2, 2016 9:38 AM

Nov 2007
@kuuderes_shadow
Yes, it was my mistake. I'm sorry and thank you for pointing that out.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 2, 2016 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
Good. It wasn't a real hiatus. It's just to get a break and pick all the pieces. And get back to normal.
Not like Hiatus x Hiatus having a long break then gets back to make a few chapters and take a hiatus again.
I don't even know why it's announced as hiatus if it will be in a few weeks, They could just say the author was having a break.
Haters always gonna hate.
May 2, 2016 12:03 PM

Sep 2015
Well there is nothing we can do about it. Just hope that everything will go fine in the end.
May 2, 2016 1:29 PM

Apr 2011
Well, that was quick. I guess I can't catch up on the manga after all.
May 2, 2016 2:31 PM

Dec 2015
Shit. I am so happy! :D
May 2, 2016 5:31 PM

Nov 2011
Glad to the see the series return again.
May 2, 2016 8:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nice, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a long one. The phrase 'indefinite hiatus' still gave a scare though, more often than not, it means the hiatus will be a long one (or perhaps forever).
May 3, 2016 12:11 AM

Aug 2014
20th May is it? So happy to hear that~
May 5, 2016 8:18 AM
May 2016
shanimebib said:
AllenVonStein said:

Chances are there will never be a sequel (particularly after the couple of OVAs have been announced to be adapted). Read the manga. It's an A+ manga and its rating in Japan or in MAL is not for show. You don't see many manga out there that just keep on getting better and better with the progression of story. It gets a lot more darker, it puts pieces in the right places at the right time to make senses and it makes a mockery of other long running manga outside the target demographic on how it should be done.

I just hope sensei recovers from anything that may keep her from releasing the chapters soon. It could be mental shock. It could be loss of family, relatives or friends, or even loss of people working with her (her editor, her assistants), it could be loss of places she loved, it could be loss of the environment she worked on. We don't know anything. A few years back when Japan was hit by Tsunami, she thanked Taiwan for its role on helping her region in her manga. We are talking about human lives here with many, many more important things involved.

I am very disappointed reading some of the comments here.

Hear Hear. I can't believe how self-involved people are in making the hiatus surrounding the just BARELY recent catastrophes in Japan just about them. Does most of the world live in a bubble and is not keeping up with the news? There may not have been that many lives lost compared to the more tragic incidents in history, but seriously just the fact that lives were lost should be enough to gather some sense of loss or sympathy. Not to mention that the Kumamoto prefecture suffered a massive toll to its infrastructure with transportation and many corporations and industries forced to shut down and spend large amounts of capital to recover.

We don't know if the mangaka lost someone close to them or was traumatised by how close her entire life or livelihood could have been lost- it's enough to shatter most people. Perhaps she's helping with the restoration efforts as lots of Japanese are now doing.

Nevertheless, I hope she takes the time to recover and get back to her manga work in high spirits for both our sakes. It wouldn't feel right to enjoy her manga considering right?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
12 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.