Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 28, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The student council president is awesome, she knows how to get a club fire up.

Ako still having a hard time differentiating between fiction and reality. No surprise there. I thought it was fun seeing Ako and Nishimura explore the fictional worlds, felt like a date :D

I smell some jealousy coming from Ako though.
Apr 28, 2016 8:03 AM

Apr 2010
Ako's yandere behaviour is showing more and more especially now a new girl appears.
And Ako doesn't like it.

Akane's reaction when Nanako entered the game room was funny hopefully we got more events like that.
Apr 28, 2016 8:15 AM

Jan 2015
"Good morning, Nishimura Rusian." LOL
So the episode "highlight" must be Akane's secret revealed or Rusian's date with Ako that end up with another jealousy for that... Different countries player?
Or so I thought, since Akane's friend didn't really said something about Akane's secret earlier. Could it be that her?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 28, 2016 9:23 AM

Jul 2014
That full op song was beautiful! I need the full version now!!
-Ako yandere modes.
-Funny Segawa scene when her friend entered the room
-New girl and she is hot!! something tells me its Akane's friend for some reason.

All in all 4/5.
Apr 28, 2016 9:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The new girl has a GREAT design, wow.

Also Rusian, why can't you date Ako already?
Apr 28, 2016 9:40 AM

Jan 2012
Nanako was in a hurry to get home eh? Hmmmmmmmmm....

Anyway Ako remains fucking amazing in every way. Even yandere mode. ESPECIALLY YANDERE MODE! And that diagram of her barrier? KAWAIIIII! Definitely in the running for best girl this season. She needs to be protected and cherished. Stop with the "new" girl and get on that already Rusian...in more ways than one! XD

Also, their in-game undersea date and semi-erotic inn visit were fucking fantastic too. AKO X RUSIAN 4 EVER! XD
animefan8800Apr 28, 2016 9:45 AM
Apr 28, 2016 9:42 AM

Apr 2016
So, this episode coincides with the beginning of Level(=book) 2 of the light novels. The first novel focused on introducing the main cast and the general scenario, so one could say that this is where the story actually begins to progress...

...or so you would think, but, instead, this episode introduces a new "real" character and a new "game" character――well, a few new game characters, but one of them is obviously more important than the others.

I liked the anime version of the date better than the novel version, because it feels more Ako: while most MMORPG players focus on grinding or farming or clearing quests, Ako enjoys the game in her own way. To her, how much gold or exp she can earn in an hour isn't as important as how much fun she can have in that same hour. And if she's having fun playing a game, why should it matter whether or not that's how the game is 'supposed' to be played?

The funniest scene in this episode, in my opinion, is the one with Nekohime. "Nekohime really became a hime." Hilarious.
If you didn't get the joke, it's a play on the word "hime":
  • Nekohime is written 猫姫――猫(neko) 姫(hime).
  • Hime means "princess. Well, it's really a word for an unwed woman of the ruling class and/or of Japanese shinto clergy, and, because it was originally written 日女 (sun's daughter), it can be used more broadly to refer to goddesses and to young noblewomen, but you get the point.
  • But this is a MMORPG, where "hime" can refer to a PC (player character) who is performing "hime play" (姫プレイ). "Hime play" is slang for when a player makes his/her a female PC look and act cute in order to get male players to help him/her with leveling and farming and the such. (●´艸`)
  • Ako's response "I don't need to become a hime because I'm satisfied with being Rusian's exclusive wife," is cute. For the record, "hime" is also slang for the only woman in a group full of men who assumes the position of an idol for all the men in her group.
  • But, ironically, what Ako does is essentially "hime play," although it's not intentional. Well, since the other two members of their guild are actually girls in real life, it doesn't actually count as "hime play," but that's how other players would see it. (●´艸`)
Apr 28, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
that was another fun episode!
it's most likely that blue hair girl in the game is the pink hair girl IRL :x
since she seemed to be "in a hurry to go home"
poor ako d:
Apr 28, 2016 9:58 AM

Jan 2016
That moment when Cloud Strife picked a fight with Rusian...

I'm sure we all know who the new girl is in the "real world".
Apr 28, 2016 10:02 AM

Feb 2016
Wow this show is really enjoyable. Another fun episode!!
So, Nanako happened to come into the room and found out the name of the game they played and then some random beginner happened to bump into Rusian and Ako. Hmm.
Apr 28, 2016 10:03 AM

Oct 2014
yay Nanako is way better than the other girls
Apr 28, 2016 10:10 AM

Sep 2015
I enjoyed this one, great to know how Rusian and Ako met each other
Sette is suspicious
Apr 28, 2016 10:12 AM

Dec 2014
too convenient fora rival to just show up I bet the new character is the pink haired girl
Apr 28, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2012
lol noobs

ofc pinky is the newbie

----

Can't wait for the fan art about Ako's inn fantasy.

Can't wait for Rusian recognizing Ako as his irl gf.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Apr 28, 2016 10:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Rusian should have took that invitation to smash in game
Apr 28, 2016 10:18 AM

Nov 2015
Interesting last scene.
The ep felt like a drag in the middle though it was nice to see Ako and Nishimura on a sort of date.
That scene with Saitou and her former guild was funny, and the first scene with Ako not improving her reality grasp was great.
Apr 28, 2016 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty fun episode up until the introduction of Sette. I'm hoping this doesn't drag on for too long and that it doesn't lrad to too much stupid drama. Also, I'm about 90% certain that Sette is actually Nanako in disguise; after all, the outfit is very similar to the one blatantly worn by her character in the OP.
Apr 28, 2016 10:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Also, big shoutout to that boy Cloud Strife and his buster sword making dat cameo
Apr 28, 2016 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty sure that Sette is actually Nanako in disguise.
Apr 28, 2016 10:35 AM

Jan 2016
ako wants to cyber ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

bro this is a flag. and you missed it.

Also, I will never stop asking: why did they make ako so ridiculously hot if she's supposed to be a loner loser gloomy girl? I know the answer, but every time it's like goddamn you're the hottest girl this season, like ridiculously comically hot

FragOutFireApr 28, 2016 10:42 AM
Apr 28, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
I don't want to see too much drama so hopefully they won't drag it on for too long and hopefully this anime doesn't turn out to be a stupid NTR

Fun episode nonetheless
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2016 10:49 AM

May 2012
Friggin Cloud... lol

Wonder if Nanaka actually took a liking to Nishimura that fast. Pretty obvious this should be her, I think.

Ako's fantasies and/or teasing Nishimura was pretty intense lol

Apr 28, 2016 10:49 AM

Aug 2011
We all know who that new character is...well at least I think I know who it is. What want to know is the motivation/reason for her getting so close to Rusian.
Wished they gave something to work with in that supposedly preview. Anyway, looking forward to next week episode.
Apr 28, 2016 10:50 AM

Jul 2015
I'm guessing Sette is Nanatsu lol. I can't wait to see how the next episode is gonna go.
Apr 28, 2016 11:01 AM

Jul 2010
Tohka_Yatogami said:

I think that was pretty obvious with how Schwein said Nanako was hurrying home and all that.

Man I love how accurate this anime is with the mmo tropes so far, really liked the guild application interview at the start lol
Apr 28, 2016 11:06 AM

Nov 2011
Ako wants some 16.5 action ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And its blatantly obvious who the newbie is. Seeing some actual competition is pretty good. Ako cant be the loyal unyielding wife forever. Gotta get some conflict here and there yo.
Apr 28, 2016 11:21 AM

Jul 2015
It's a pretty decent ecchi/romance/escapism/harem-ish show right guys?

I thought it was gonna suck ass.
Apr 28, 2016 11:21 AM

Aug 2014
lol dat new member is definitely Nanako, no doubt about that.

But Ako's jealousy...tis ain't gonna go well x3
Apr 28, 2016 11:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ako going full yandere at some points. Like most here I expect the new member being the pink haired girl.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 28, 2016 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
As usual, Ako was super adorable in this episode. Looks like she's got some competition now; that new girl is pretty fine in game and irl. Yandere mode, activate!

All around this show is a lot better than I had anticipated. I can't wait til next week!
Apr 28, 2016 12:15 PM
Jan 2016
What I really don't understand is why is Rusian so damn reluctant to just go out with Ako IRL. For god's sake, he's an otaku and she's cute and totally into him, he's not going to get a better chance in a thousand years. It's kinda disappointing that he seems to be your typical Harem MC, so afraid of any romance and being close with girls.
Apr 28, 2016 12:22 PM

Jul 2012
A lot of people here saying the new girl in the game is Nanako, and she probably is, but then why couldn't she type?

I get that she probably hasn't played online games before, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't know how to use a keyboard.
Apr 28, 2016 12:39 PM

Mar 2016
Heads up Ako , you're gonna get some competition apparently . Fun episode , ako's fantasies never get old lol
Apr 28, 2016 12:45 PM

Mar 2016
Tenth said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:

I think that was pretty obvious with how Schwein said Nanako was hurrying home and all that.

Man I love how accurate this anime is with the mmo tropes so far, really liked the guild application interview at the start lol

Ikr , the master paying for 100 mystery boxes lol she's such a pay to win player .
Apr 28, 2016 1:04 PM

Jul 2007
Another great episode.

Love how detailed and accurate this is to mmo games. Nearly cracked up during the whole lockbox discussion.

And the other developments in episode with the new girl(well new in game) is hilarious and is bound to interesting. Maybe we will see more of yandere ako now?

This show strikes a nice balance between realistic and scary storytelling and downright hilarious comedy.

Askorti said:
What I really don't understand is why is Rusian so damn reluctant to just go out with Ako IRL. For god's sake, he's an otaku and she's cute and totally into him, he's not going to get a better chance in a thousand years. It's kinda disappointing that he seems to be your typical Harem MC, so afraid of any romance and being close with girls.

Because as Ako is now that would make her situation WORSE?
And she already is on the level as to assault other people in real life because of a game. It makes sense to hold off relationship progression till your waifu is actually sane.
AhenshihaelApr 28, 2016 1:09 PM
Apr 28, 2016 1:21 PM

Aug 2014
Well... watching this episode:

>Ragnarok Online reborn mechanic reference
>I had a flashback with the INN scene...
>I lol'd at the white knights scene, Cloud Strife xDDD
>Noob intensifies
Apr 28, 2016 1:47 PM

Dec 2015
I've smelled a roleplay there, why didn't you took it Rusian? ¬¬'

That new girl is obvious that is Nanako, i mean, come on xD

Ako, seems that you have a rival there :P
Rusian, hold on tight pal.... You may reach max lvl in a game, but when it comes to women... You'll die several times.
Apr 28, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
I'm really starting to like the anime. The comedy is consistent and the series doesn't try too hard to establish a serious story, which prevents that it ends in a mess. Furthermore, the MMO aspect has been explored in a positive way so far. Let's see how a potential love rival could change the overall relationships and the story. Brace yourself for full yandere Ako.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Apr 28, 2016 2:04 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It's pretty obvious the new girl is Nanako. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 28, 2016 2:10 PM

Jul 2007
DatRandomDude said:
It's pretty obvious the new girl is Nanako. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Let's hope for her sake that it is not as obvious to Ako.
Apr 28, 2016 2:17 PM

Feb 2015
"Life is a crappy game, i want to quit playing" - Tamaki Ako, 2016
Thus, Sora said;

overall it was a great episode imo. well it was predictable but it was enjoyable and fun to watch. the president know how to make things more interesting huh ? that's why we need a premium player in a group xD

"Sette" is too obvious. i know who is she xD can't wait to see her in the next episode then. but i don't really know if she was pretending to be a newbie or really a newbie. well, looking fowrad for the next episode :D
and also, "Sette" has a really great design tbh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) probably ma fav ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but i know
YizelTroApr 28, 2016 2:23 PM
Apr 28, 2016 2:38 PM

Aug 2010
Ako's yandere stalker tendencies are too fun and she's adorable

But Sette-chan at the end won me over. HOLY SHIT SHE'S CUTE <3
I want to protect
Apr 28, 2016 2:44 PM

Oct 2013
I know its terrible, but when I saw this moment I couldn't help but think...

That it wasn't a mmorpg anime without tentacles.

Regardless, still another decent episode that I enjoyed. Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? is definitely one my favourites so far this season.

Melcookie96 said:
And its blatantly obvious who the newbie is. Seeing some actual competition is pretty good. Ako cant be the loyal unyielding wife forever. Gotta get some conflict here and there yo.

I agree with you, the show would be boring without conflict so I have no problem with the new girl (Sette). Not sure if it will be genuine competition though. I got a feeling that it's more a conflict to push Ako and Russians relationship further. This arc will probably be only one or two more episodes.
Apr 28, 2016 2:55 PM

Feb 2015
And cue yandere Ako mode. Cute episode as always. Love Ako's smile.
Apr 28, 2016 3:05 PM

Apr 2014
So from basic anime logic I can assume that Sette is Nanako, right? If not, I will be really disappointed in myself...
Apr 28, 2016 3:12 PM

Dec 2014
That tentacle rape joke probably shouldn't have been in there at all. But hey, I guess it appeals to some people.

Liked this one. Ako's still pretty damn cute.
Apr 28, 2016 3:20 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not sure what Nanako expects to be able to accomplish by suddenly jumping into their game like that but okay
Apr 28, 2016 3:24 PM

Apr 2014
I burst out laughing when the Cloud Strife copy suddenly appeared XD

Who else is excited for the FFVII remake? :D

Apr 28, 2016 3:31 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I get the feeling this is not going to end well.

It has my full attention now ;)
Apr 28, 2016 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
PolisChan said:
I'm sure we all know who the new girl is in the "real world".

Hmm...interesting that she might have a crush on Rusian in the real world.

The introduction of "sette" really raised the tension for the next episode or so which was needed imo.

Great ecchi scenes and good humor. And it's also interesting how I share similar viewpoints with Ako about life in general (except that I don't play net games).
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

78 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 7, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

120 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 6, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

331 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 2, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

179 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 2, 2023 12:33 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2016

154 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 29, 2023 5:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.