Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 2016 3:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
These flashbacks are rather nostalgic. Remember when Itachi and Kisame first attempted to "capture Naruto"? Yeah..

Up to the point of Itachi's ultimate sacrifice, I think this episode covered his story. Nothing really new though from what we've seen before. Glad to see the main arc return on the battlefield again. Zetsu looking creepy as hell

About time Kaguya finally showed up!
Apr 28, 2016 4:57 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Madara, he was betrayed just like he did to Obito.
Kaguya is here, finally.
Apr 28, 2016 5:11 AM

Aug 2015
Finally I have something to look forward to the next Thursdays... even though I really liked Itachi's story.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Apr 28, 2016 5:24 AM

Feb 2012
Yooo that OST when Kaguya was coming. Great stuff.

This Itachi arc has been awesome, really sad to see Itachi's PoV during his fight with Sasuke in part 1.

Next week we fully return to canon, and new opening as well, probably last one, hope its epic.
Apr 28, 2016 5:34 AM
Nov 2015
YASSSSSS No more FILLER NO JUTSU or INFINITE FILLER or NARUTO FILLERPPUDEN OR ......... haha I could go on. But I'll just stop. TBH FINALLY.
Apr 28, 2016 5:38 AM
Oct 2013
Ramkec said:
Yooo that OST when Kaguya was coming. Great stuff.

This Itachi arc has been awesome, really sad to see Itachi's PoV during his fight with Sasuke in part 1.

Next week we fully return to canon, and new opening as well, probably last one, hope its epic.

Honestly that OST gave me the chills since a really long time, didn´t expect that from the series. But I doubt anyone is surprised about the plottwist at this point.
Anyway I´ve got the volumes lying around and compared. They adapted 1 1/2 epsiodes for half of this. So 3 chapters per episode and if we´re lucky and they extend the fights we may see 12. 3 months worth of canon and end the series somewhat gracefully in Augsust to replace it with something else.
IsterioApr 28, 2016 5:47 AM
Apr 28, 2016 5:40 AM

Dec 2015
[quote=Isterio message=45788566]
Ramkec said:
Honestly that OST gave me the chills since a really long time, didn´t expect that from the series. But I doubt anyone is surprised at this point.
Anyway I´ve got the volumes lying around and compared. They adapted 1 1/2 epsiodes for half of this. So 33 chapters per episode and if we´re lucky and they extend the fights we may see 12. 3 months worth of canon and end the series somewhat gracefully in Augsust to replace it with something else.

It's possible the extend it even more and give Kaguya some more backstory so that it airs until October.
Apr 28, 2016 5:58 AM
Oct 2012
Did I miss any Main Arc stuff? I haven't watched the show since August/September since the Main Arc went on hiatus.
Apr 28, 2016 6:01 AM
Mar 2016
danuchiha99 said:
Did I miss any Main Arc stuff? I haven't watched the show since August/September since the Main Arc went on hiatus.

you probably missed episode 451 where the first half of the episode was canon
Apr 28, 2016 6:01 AM

Jul 2007
Are my eyes deceiving me, did i just actually see canon material lol

Finally Kaguya shows her self. Notice though how when the series changed from the itachi arc to the kaguya arc, the budget and quality dropped.

Apr 28, 2016 6:06 AM

Feb 2016
Great Episode~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Apr 28, 2016 6:08 AM

Apr 2015
CANNON!!! OMG KAGUYA!!

Shit is about to go down!
Apr 28, 2016 6:17 AM

Mar 2016
All right, now the filler is gone... (For now.)

Hype is in next episode!
Apr 28, 2016 7:04 AM
Soaring

Aug 2014
Finally the canon is back!

I'm really looking forward to Asian Kung-Fu Generation next week.
Apr 28, 2016 7:08 AM

Dec 2014
Itachi arc ended rather fast considering other previous filler arcs....
Let's see will we have a move on to the show or more fillers
Apr 28, 2016 7:34 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, they really wasted Madara's character, they way he was taken out was pretty pathetic.
Kaguya's OST is really cool though.
I'm glad that Mugen Filler no Jutsu is finally over..... well, at least temporarily. You never know with Pierrot.
3/5
Apr 28, 2016 7:37 AM

Jun 2014
Those nostalgic Itachi moments served as a reminder as to why he's my favorite Naruto character. God I was fighting back tears....

Anyway, FINALLY canon is back. Pierrot, please please I beg just adapt the rest with no filler, I don't care if some fights are extended or there are extra moments that weren't in the manga, but please no more fillers. I don't want the May episodes to all be canon then we go back to filler for 5 more months. I personally thought the Kaguya fight was the most underwhelming fight of the entire series, so I'm not too excited about it. It'll be nice to see it animated though. Also, I'm hyped for the new AKFG OP next week! It might just be the final OP so hopefully it's amazing!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 28, 2016 7:59 AM

Sep 2014
Well Itachi arc was more like recap of everything we saw already , only few new things about akatsuki and what Itachi was talking to himself in Konoha..

If Kaguya showed up , I feel one more Filler arc in the future , with Kaguya's life and early stages of this world :') Madara is a pawn.. Maybe then Kaguya is also a pawn of somebody ?:D Hope this chain stops here..

What have you done Kabuto
Apr 28, 2016 8:14 AM

Dec 2014
Nice Itachi montage in the first half, Thought they would run it for the entire episode but this was nice even though it felt rushed.

Finally back to canon!! I seriously hope there are no more fillers.
We're half way through chapter 679, Even if they adapt at 2 chapters per episode we've got about 10-12 episodes left assuming we don't get any fillers.

Can't wait to see the rest of Naruto animated :D
Lelouch0202Apr 28, 2016 8:19 AM
Apr 28, 2016 8:27 AM

Feb 2015
We're finally free, after 31 weeks of Filler Shippuden. Nice to see Kaguya properly animated, and not just in a puddle.
Apr 28, 2016 8:31 AM
Aug 2014
last time conon was airing I was a single man, now my kid is graduation highschool.
Apr 28, 2016 9:20 AM

Oct 2015

She's back ! Shit is about to get real !
Apr 28, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
FINALLY THE FUCKING FILLER ENDED!!!!
Apr 28, 2016 10:01 AM

Feb 2015
Milk_is_Special said:

Milk_is_Special said:

Milk_is_Special said:

Praise the Lord! Now we can get back on the damn track.
Apr 28, 2016 10:14 AM
Dec 2013
I enjoyed this Itachi backstory. Nice to see that the second-half of the episode was canon. And next week's episode will also be canon, so we'll be getting our first completely canon episode of the year.

So yeah, Kaguya's finally here, and we are back to canon material for now. But I've heard about filler episodes involving Kaguya will start airing sometime later this year. Pierrot really should start wrapping this series up.
Apr 28, 2016 10:23 AM
Mar 2011
I don't think we gonna have another filler now until chapter 699. But between 699 and 700, they would probably do adaptations of the others Light Novel and fillers showing the life of Naruto before the birth of Boruto/Sarada/Himawari.
Apr 28, 2016 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
It's interesting seeing things from Itachi's point of view. He must have been hurting so much while beating up Sasuke.

And I don't believe it, I saw Madara in 2016. Also, the greatest con of all time was played on Madara.

Kaguya! Yes, the original Naruto taste and suspense. Give me more please. Don't ever ever go on fillers again.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 28, 2016 11:24 AM

Jul 2007
LegendBonjet said:
All right, now the filler is gone... (For now.)

Hype is in next episode!

I think you can rest easy, the announcement said they are going into the final battle of the arc, so if there is any other filler, it will be after the manga story has concluded and by then people won't give a shit bout this series any more.

SML619Luci said:
Wow, they really wasted Madara's character, they way he was taken out was pretty pathetic.
Kaguya's OST is really cool though.
I'm glad that Mugen Filler no Jutsu is finally over..... well, at least temporarily. You never know with Pierrot.
3/5

Well i guess but he was a big part of the entire war, so its not like he didn't get enough screen time. It just kind of feels like that, because we been in filler hell for so damn long, we forgot about madara and right when we see him again, BAM he's gone.

Apr 28, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2016
FlyingDunsparce said:
Finally the canon is back!

I'm really looking forward to Asian Kung-Fu Generation next week.

Me too man!!!!! Naruto makes the best openings :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2013
I much prefer more episodes with Itachi than the stuff with Kaguya that is about to go down. This is probably the worst part of the whole war arc.
Apr 28, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2015
link9us said:

Well i guess but he was a big part of the entire war, so its not like he didn't get enough screen time. It just kind of feels like that, because we been in filler hell for so damn long, we forgot about madara and right when we see him again, BAM he's gone.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to an epic fight between Madara and Naruto, but then Kaguya stole the show and made a fool out of Madara.
Apr 28, 2016 11:50 AM

Dec 2011
Finally back in canon. Kaguya's OST was badass too. Bring on another great opening Asian Kung Fu Generation!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2016 12:52 PM

Jan 2016
black zetsu why, why you so strong and not let madara just blow up and have chunks all over the place

obito is on the floor, soraka and kakashi have nothing to do, hmmmmm

Apr 28, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2013
We're back to the canon, but the question is... For how long?
Apr 28, 2016 3:06 PM

Feb 2013
It was heartbreaking to watch that grouping of Itachi flashback scenes from his PoV. While he brutalizes Sasuke we can hear his thoughts plead for forgiveness... AHHH THE PAIN!!! The conclusion of his arc right in the middle of the ep was...I have mixed feelings...

I get the transition of all of that to Sasuke's decisions in the present and YAY WE ARE FREED FROM THE FILLER AT LAST!!! but...

I can't believe I'm going to say that I wish the transition to the present/war arc/Kaguya was done at the very end of the ep instead of dividing it in half. Please don't hate me! *cowers*

It made Itachi's end feel even more horrible. I know that's the point and I get the idea behind the transition, but I felt so incredibly sad and then it was like NEEDLE RIPS ACROSS THE RECORD AND WE ARE IN THE PRESENT. JAGGED AF.

I can't believe I'm like, "More filler, please!" but Itachi's character is so important and the way this episode "wrapped it up" smack in the middle felt awful. I know that's how we're supposed to feel about Itachi's life and death but...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EP BEFORE A COMMERCIAL BREAK NO NO NO!!! THE PAIN!!! >O<

I guess since I've watched every Naruto everything I'm probably used to the filler but...I never liked it! (Except that one ep where they try to find out what's under Kakashi's mask - that was hilarious and I loved every second.) This is the one time I was hopeful for the filler and [INSERT RANT HERE]. While this arc certainly had it's moments, it could have been so much more. </3

I wanted to feel like HALLELUJAH like I did at the end of every other filler but...nope. I just feel sad. I'll be all excited for next week's ep but...not right now.
Apr 28, 2016 3:58 PM

Jan 2015
Itachi's Arc was one of the best, if not the only really good fillers in Naruto Shippuden, it made me love Itachi, one character I never was really into, now he is one of my favorite characters.
It was really good to see things in his perspective, and how he loved Sasuke and remembered him in every moment of his life. Great to see that scene when Itachi dies again, that fight was reaaaaally good, and that moment was beautiful.
deathbyglitter said:
I can't believe I'm going to say that I wish the transition to the present/war arc/Kaguya was done at the very end of the ep instead of dividing it in half. Please don't hate me! *cowers*
Yeah, that was surprisingly abrupt. They kinda rushed to the end of that so we could return to the present.

Now to the present! The fight is back and now with Kaguya (her OST was awesome, I want that!). I'm really excited to see the next episodes!!
Apr 28, 2016 4:51 PM

Jun 2014
Good ol' Pierrot mixing in filler episodes into canon ones so it makes it way harder to skip fillers for people coming into the series.

Good to see it back regardless, though I already know the filler will be back soon since the Kaguya backstory part is coming.
Apr 28, 2016 6:00 PM

Aug 2015
-City_reaper- said:

Am i the only one who thinks that kaguya is kinda hot?(at least in the anime)
Yayy no more fillers, i thought this series would never end lol.
And the ending of the itachi filler was really weird, itachi should've narrated some final words but whatever.
Apr 28, 2016 6:09 PM

Aug 2007
Damn Madara was making a point about peace the entire time but it was not ideal. But after black zetsu betrayed him I couldn't help to feel bad. Hoping this will be an epic battle with, dare I say, no f-words.
Apr 28, 2016 8:27 PM

Aug 2014
The transition between filler and canon was awful, though Kaguya's rebirth was handled well.

Honestly, there's no such thing as too much Itachi.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 28, 2016 9:35 PM

Oct 2014
I was honestly more heart broken seeing madaras dream fall apart than watching the itachi flashbacks for the umpteenth time.
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
Apr 28, 2016 9:51 PM

Oct 2011
ITACHI T___T

OMG Kaguya 0___0
Apr 28, 2016 10:51 PM

Aug 2008
well i skipped the previous filler but watched Itachi's arc which was pretty enjoyable wish wasn't so rushed and maybe more about his akatsuki period
canon back sadly barely on 12 i'll see the next if recall well from ann
The spider is watching
Apr 28, 2016 11:41 PM
Dec 2010
I really don't like the way they concluded the Itachi arc. The pacing felt great all the way up until he joined the Akatsuki, then super rushed from then on. I wanted more backstory about what he was doing and how he really felt about it.

It was nice getting some inner monologue out of such a mysterious character. Especially on scenes/situations we had previously seen countless times.

I suppose it is better than them creating tons of nonsensical storylines for him, just to pad things out. But there were certain events I would've liked to have his perspective on. Especially in relation to his brother.

Oh well, what's done is done. Glad the fillers are over and hope the show can finally finish gracefully. Because these many months of fillers have further tarnished the show for me.
Apr 29, 2016 1:56 AM
Jun 2015
finally the real Naruto is back
finally there is real excitement to next week episode
Apr 29, 2016 2:11 AM
Mar 2014
Finally no more filler
Apr 29, 2016 4:02 AM

Jul 2012
Finally no more filler Woot woot.
Apr 29, 2016 4:50 AM

Apr 2014
Holy shit, the fillers are over! Black Zetzu reveals that Black Zetzu is Kaguya's will. And Kaguya kills Madara! She only had used Madara like he used Obito. For this, she had changed the stone tablets from Hagoromo, the Sage of Six Paths. May the battle begin: All left survivors of the world vs. Kaguya!
Apr 29, 2016 1:55 PM

Feb 2010
whoa! are we really back to canon?
Apr 29, 2016 4:48 PM
Aug 2015
this was worth the wait. so worth it. i hope we get another episode from the manga next week. lol, its fucked up that i even wonder.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.