Forum Settings
Forums

Why authors have no reprocassions for constant hiatuses etc?

New
Apr 27, 2016 10:04 PM

Nov 2014
It annoys me that magazine policy is not strict on hiatuses. I understand when it is 1, 2 times, but some people abuse this. They are being serialized, they have a schedule that they have to meet, why magazines don't punish those who constantly keep bringing few chapters and be gone for unknown amount of time. Same goes for a prolonged period of time with no updates.

Apr 27, 2016 10:07 PM

Mar 2015
if they punish them especially famous author cough cough togashi, there is chance that they get sulk and prefer to change publisher that give them more freedom.... for most publisher, mangaka is asset, not human source....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 27, 2016 10:10 PM

Nov 2014
Kuma said:
if they punish them especially famous author (cough cough togashi), there is chance that they get sulk and prefer to change publisher that give them more freedom....
So the other puplisher will not get pissed of in the same way? Or thsi comes down to publishers licking asses.

Apr 27, 2016 10:12 PM

Mar 2015
ExTamplier said:
Kuma said:
if they punish them especially famous author (cough cough togashi), there is chance that they get sulk and prefer to change publisher that give them more freedom....
So the other puplisher will not get pissed of in the same way? Or thsi comes down to publishers licking asses.
at least mangaka will give them money, sooner or later... they wouldn't give a fuck if it mean they have licking another asses...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 27, 2016 10:13 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
theres this thing called writers block lol

and you might not want to fry your brain trying to always be original as an author
Apr 27, 2016 10:17 PM
Oct 2013
ExTamplier said:
Kuma said:

I cannot give you a reason for the specific case you mention, but as an employe you can call sick depending on your contract. They do not have to pay him for the duration therefore they do lose nothing by keeping him recruited.
Depending on the years of employment the amount of time you´re allowed too varies, alot of people who have chronic diseases barely work before retirement.
Overall no one actually loses, he keeps his job, they keep an author, that´ll make them eventually more money.
IsterioApr 27, 2016 10:21 PM
Apr 27, 2016 10:17 PM

Mar 2008
Who are we talking about here? This usually seems to be for health reasons, or for series/magazines already on a +monthly schedule.
Apr 27, 2016 10:37 PM

Nov 2014
Ckan said:
Who are we talking about here? This usually seems to be for health reasons, or for series/magazines already on a +monthly schedule.
hiatusxcancer and berserk for example.

Apr 27, 2016 10:38 PM

Jan 2009
Ckan said:

does the author of the High School of the Dead manga sick too? that manga is on hiatus for so long now i heard
Apr 27, 2016 10:46 PM

Sep 2013
^the writer and artist had a falling out.

If they do the mangaka will take their series and go else where.
Apr 27, 2016 10:49 PM

Jan 2009
ichii_1 said:

what does falling out mean? sorry my english is poor
Apr 27, 2016 10:52 PM

Mar 2008
ExTamplier said:
Ckan said:
hiatusxcancer and berserk for example.

I'd go with Kuma's explanation for those two - two well-established manga/mangaka that are well into their run. You can see it as the publisher's sucking up, I suppose, but hit-manga obviously don't grow on trees.

j0x said:
ichii_1 said:

They had a disagreement/argument/are on bad terms.
Apr 27, 2016 10:59 PM

Jan 2009
Ckan said:

j0x said:

They had a disagreement/argument/are on bad terms.

ah thanks for explaining that
Apr 27, 2016 11:18 PM

Sep 2013
j0x said:
ichii_1 said:

Sorry looks like that was just a rumor, falling out means they had a big fight/argument and broke up.
I think this what really happened.
http://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/7292/is-highschool-of-the-dead-on-hiatus-again
Apr 27, 2016 11:20 PM

May 2015
that would never man and you know that; cmon man be serious..
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Apr 27, 2016 11:42 PM

Jan 2009
ichii_1 said:
j0x said:

Sorry looks like that was just a rumor, falling out means they had a big fight/argument and broke up.
I think this what really happened.
http://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/7292/is-highschool-of-the-dead-on-hiatus-again

ah ok those 2 reasons of health problems of the author as well as the sensitivity of the apocalypse story in japan sounds good on why its on hiatus, but im afraid HOTD is really cancelled now

More topics from this board

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

16 by kihel »»
10 hours ago

» Do you ever skim through your Manga?

zaganGao - Jan 23

25 by cody »»
10 hours ago

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 15

22 by Lucifrost »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

5931 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 16, 8:26 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

7 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 16, 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.