Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2016 5:08 PM

Apr 2014
Slightly NSFW PV video

A source.

I mean, technically this was something announced back in February, but I only watched and loved this anime around 2 weeks ago so yeah. Also the PV was only just recently released.
From what I seen, people are just bashing this news everywhere because this of all things is getting a live-action anime, while their own favorite Chinese cartoons get nothing. It's a shame this is a pretty hole-in-the-wall anime with little fans outside of its horror genre, so it's no surprise there aren't many people coming to its defense. I believe it's an acquired taste to be able to enjoy this kind of a story.
Looks they're toning down the violence and blood and what not, but that's ok. The story is about a lot more than that anyway so yeah. Thoughts?
Apr 27, 2016 5:26 PM

May 2015
well the Japanese love their fuckedup horrors

also, oh boy
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Apr 27, 2016 5:29 PM

Jul 2011
Lol, it seems like an acceptable comedy to watch.
Apr 27, 2016 5:32 PM

Aug 2014
Haven't heard about this. The PV already carries a much different tone than the animated film, borderline comical. Inevitable with a live action adaptation, I suppose. While the guro and crude presentation isn't crucial to the story, they are part of its identity. It does look like it could be good in its own way. I'd definitely check it out if I get the chance.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 27, 2016 5:33 PM

Apr 2014
Malarkey said:
well the Japanese love their fuckedup horrors

also, oh boy

Horror anime sell like shit in Japan though, that's why hardly any get made these days. Just look at how hard Ajin failed this last season. Shame really.

Praland said:
Lol, it seems like an acceptable comedy to watch.

The PV really did give the story more of a comedic feel, versus what should be more a dark, dementia adaptation. Bit too colorful for my tastes too. But I like the little anime scenes in between. Remind me a lot of the original anime, just remastered.
Apr 27, 2016 6:05 PM

Mar 2015
ahahahahahah.... nope, nope, nope... i beleive it will be supperior version of anime, so i don't see any point to watch it.. passs
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 27, 2016 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
lolwut, the original movie was one of the most disturbing anime ive seen but this live action trailer feels like a comedy
Apr 28, 2016 7:29 PM

Apr 2014
silversaint said:
lolwut, the original movie was one of the most disturbing anime ive seen but this live action trailer feels like a comedy

Maybe they're going for a more comedic feel since recreating the twisted feel of the anime into live-action is almost impossible.

QuattroVaginas said:
Haven't heard about this. The PV already carries a much different tone than the animated film, borderline comical. Inevitable with a live action adaptation, I suppose. While the guro and crude presentation isn't crucial to the story, they are part of its identity. It does look like it could be good in its own way. I'd definitely check it out if I get the chance.

It's funny seeing so many scenes being taken straight from the anime; I can point a lot of it out since I saw the anime less than a month ago. But yeah, this film should have it's own quirks and strong points that the anime could have lacked.
Apr 28, 2016 7:45 PM

Dec 2012
Probably it won't be a waste to be seen, despite the PV. I am curious which parts are going to be animated. I don't know if they had done the opposite - insert live-action into anime, wouldn't be better such that to preserve the tone and whatnot.
Apr 29, 2016 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
zellami said:
Probably it won't be a waste to be seen, despite the PV. I am curious which parts are going to be animated. I don't know if they had done the opposite - insert live-action into anime, wouldn't be better such that to preserve the tone and whatnot.

I'm wondering if the film will be longer or the same length as the anime, since the anime itself was pretty short. Unless they want to actually shorten it, I don't imagine they can cut out much without digging into the integrity of the source material.
Apr 29, 2016 3:34 PM

Dec 2012
Protaku said:
zellami said:

I'm wondering if the film will be longer or the same length as the anime, since the anime itself was pretty short. Unless they want to actually shorten it, I don't imagine they can cut out much without digging into the integrity of the source material.

Well, some scenes will be removed probably, but it's not about the censorship. If someone wants to make a good l-a movie of Midori, it's enough to pick a theme and interpolate on it for hours. The PV somewhat suggests an adaptation, meaning they will keep track of the story as a whole. I doubt they had aimed for depth, which would mean to live with the imagery as well as the story itself. And such experience is undeniably demanding or even ... private. So, regardless the length, pushing the story into something closer to a burlesque might have been the compromise to have it made for a bigger audience.

-_-;
May 1, 2016 2:47 AM

Sep 2012
Even though the source material is fucked, I still love it. Genuinely looking forward to seeing this version.

But the live-action Mai-Chan's Daily Life...

Yeah, maybe I'll pass on that one.
May 1, 2016 5:18 PM

Apr 2014
silversaint said:
Can someone please explain to me how this was so disturbing, because it was quite tame when it comes to gore, nudity and weird shit...
May 9, 2016 6:40 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Live action might actual humor me.. Because this anime was quite crap.. a shitty attempt of something disturbing, dark and "creative". I guess it was kinda disturbing at times... and creative'ish ... it still felt more like some random crap got lobbed together in some form of guro creativity.. so thus why I gave anime 3/10 ... was just some shitty attempt to create something guro creative..

So yeah.. anime was just bad..pile of fecal matter just tossed together.

So Live action might be more entertaining to watch. Cuz trailer gave some laughs.
May 10, 2016 2:31 AM

Feb 2013
huh i was wondering why the poster changed in my favourites list..

loved the anime, and this is one very few live action that i'm actually interested in

can we expect subs for this?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MaxCrazy7 - Apr 27, 2011

77 by linkmax1412 »»
Jan 2, 9:24 PM

» Why is this not classed as a hentai?

yoooowazzzup - Nov 29, 2023

8 by Zastin9 »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:20 PM

» I got my hands on the lost CDROM of Midori

haydenluvsanime - Mar 16, 2021

16 by haydenluvsanime »»
Oct 14, 2023 12:22 AM

» DO NOT WATCH THIS !!! ( 1 2 3 )

Crochax - Sep 13, 2013

109 by toddgold »»
Aug 24, 2023 11:57 PM

» Tell me I’m not alone

literally_boba - Jul 20, 2021

33 by That1AnimeGirI »»
Mar 10, 2023 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.