Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2016 10:06 AM

Sep 2013
Checked the ongoing shows and there is about 60 shorts going on right now :O
Is the demand just not strong enough for companies or people to translate them? a huge market is being neglected.
Apr 27, 2016 10:09 AM

Oct 2014
A lot of shorts are kids shows that people tend not to give much of a fuck about.

I've currently subbing a short OVA series from a few years ago and uploading it to youtub if you're interested. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtQSdb64ZmmzTFKfY_ulieQ
Apr 27, 2016 10:17 AM

Feb 2013
yeah i totally wanted to watch studio DLE's latest masterpieces, like Panpaka Pants and Asa da yo

i think the demand is that low not even in japan they bothers to record them on tv and put them online

some of them might have finished airing, but not even MAL cares to update them as Finished Airing.. i think the real number is lower than 60

but otherwise i think short anime are doing better than ever.. some years ago, i dont think anyone would have bothered with anime with art style like Shounen Ashibe and Aggressive Retsuko
Apr 27, 2016 10:21 AM

Dec 2015
Well as long as Tonkatsu DJ is translated im fine
Apr 27, 2016 10:23 AM

May 2015
Nice question OP...

12-sai. episodes 2-8 are not subbed... according to MAL this have a second season 12-sai. 2nd Season and is also not subbed meanwhile the third season 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimekiwho is currently airing and is being subbed but I can’t watch it because there are some things that are explained in previous seasons...

These are others examples:

Tsubasa to Hotaru (2015)
Bamboo Blade: Fanfu-Fufe-Fo (specials)
Bamboo Blade: CM Fanfu-Fufe-Fo (specials)
Kaette Kita Top wo Nerae! Kagaku Kouza (specials)
Top wo Nerae 2! Kagaku Kouza (specials)

and many more, as well as you I think a huge market is being neglected....
Roy_FockerApr 27, 2016 6:45 PM
Apr 27, 2016 10:55 AM

Jun 2007
Roy_Focker said:

These are other examples:

Tsubasa to Hotaru (2015)
Bamboo Blade: Fanfu-Fufe-Fo (specials)
Bamboo Blade: CM Fanfu-Fufe-Fo (specials)
Kaette Kita Top wo Nerae! Kagaku Kouza (specials)
Top wo Nerae 2! Kagaku Kouza (specials)

and many more, as well as you I think a huge market is being neglected....
A fair number of those are DVD/BD extras. At least these days, most subbed releases are edits of official streaming subs. Since those extras/omakes don't make it to streaming sites most of the time, groups have to actually find a half-decent translator to translate them. Sometimes those extras will get official subs on English-language disc releases (and thus rips of them), but if the show doesn't get such a release, or the company doesn't acquire the extras for release, they won't get subbed. That's the fate of (most of) the Ben-Tou picture dramas, for instance; Funimation released the series, but they didn't get the PDs, and only the first two of six were ever subbed in the fansub scene.
Apr 27, 2016 7:26 PM

May 2015
@Zalis

Checking Bamboo Blade & Gunbuster DVD/BD to check if they get this extras before ordering...

I like to complete all manga & anime and the Ben-Tou picture dramas left a bad after taste because I really like the anime and I want everything translated or subbed, that is the only down side to right or license for anime & manga...
Apr 27, 2016 7:28 PM

Apr 2014
I want all the specials and OVAs for the not so popular anime to get some sub love
Apr 27, 2016 9:15 PM

Feb 2016
Is this a rhetorical question? You alredy answered in the title LOL

cause they're SHORT :D
''Ask not the Sparrow, how the Eagle soars'' - Kiryūin Satsuki
Apr 27, 2016 9:16 PM
Jan 2013
That's cause the humanity is a horrible stuff

Gakkatsu S2 only 3-4 episodes subbed
It hurts man
It hurts
gone bai bai
Apr 27, 2016 9:25 PM

Nov 2008
Most shorts aren't late night, shows for young girls, and almost none are Shounen which get subbed often. Many shorts are for preschoolers and you may not even want to bother with those and a select few are for businessmen, which are hard to find raw unless they are a notable series.

Apr 27, 2016 10:03 PM

Jul 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
A lot of shorts are kids shows that people tend not to give much of a fuck about.

I've currently subbing a short OVA series from a few years ago and uploading it to youtub if you're interested. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtQSdb64ZmmzTFKfY_ulieQ
Those eyes are HUGE.
Although, keep up the good work! Its awesome to see people subbing works that have otherwise gone ignored!
Sep 12, 2016 11:36 AM

Mar 2014
Budget is a hard thing to come to I mean to sub u gotta think of the licences and the crediting I mean dont get me started not he voice actors/tresses like jeez
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 12, 2016 12:56 PM

Sep 2013
Not sure for most (probably what the others said), but some are trash such as Pupa and Vampire Holmes (they never fished subbing this one) give an unfavorable view of shorts.
Sep 12, 2016 1:02 PM

Sep 2013
zombie_pegasus said:

That's pretty dang cool :D Do you plan to do more subbing?
Sep 12, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
Aggron said:
zombie_pegasus said:

That's pretty dang cool :D Do you plan to do more subbing?
I do plan on doing more subbing in the future. It seems like I have found an audience for it, so I might as well. I'm not sure what I'll sub next.
Sep 12, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2015
Well if it doesn't sell to the market, then they will not produce it, or will produce just a limited number...

Short series are probably neglected because of the fact that those series can be overshadowed by overly-hyped series very quickly. Thus, most fansubbers also neglect them because limit audience will just grab them...
Sep 12, 2016 1:08 PM

Jul 2014
Fan subs have to appeal to the ones subbing, due to that, the lesser known anime and short anime are often overlooked.

Official subs only appeals to the audience so they don't care about the shorter stories unless the audience wants it.
Apr 6, 2018 10:28 AM
Oct 2017
popular to contrary belief it is much harder to sub short anime because since it is shorter they tend to have more dialogue than regular anime

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 10 hours ago

23 by MadanielFL »»
42 seconds ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 44 minutes ago

4 by sheepberry »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

64 by Blueberry173 »»
16 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

7 by FanofAction »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.