Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2016 7:39 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Rafaello_Myles said:
It was an okay episode. I guess it was fun?

I don't really know, I but I did enjoy it a bit.

It's sort of funny to me......this person summed up the episode as well as I could have written. 6/10
Apr 27, 2016 8:59 PM
Mar 2009
Feels like the MC was a little inconsistent this episode. For him to just immediately go begging for help and stating he's scared feels like a huge jump from previous episodes. I suppose it's justifiable with all the given past story, but it's a big leap nonetheless. I'm thinking they just had to brute force the relationship along.

In the actual fight they barely made the situation dire enough for Benio to be there. Yes they showed him getting swarmed, but 99% of the time that's when we see the hero buried under a mountain of baddies and then, BOOM!, they all go flying.

Still a fairly good show. Will keep watching. Head Exorcist still needs a few teeth knocked out for whole testing thing in ep2 though. Still kinda pisses me off.
Apr 27, 2016 9:48 PM

Aug 2015
I'm still in love with this series, glad to see Rokuro is starting to face his fears more now for the sake of protecting his friends/family.
Apr 27, 2016 9:57 PM
Dec 2014
Z4k said:
orbbie said:
As much as I had hoped that they would stick to the content with a few minor changes would be acceptable it seems its already the 4th episode and they're trying to cram what they can for character development by rushing the show.

They've adapted only 3.5 chapters so far mate. Nothing's being rushed here.

Yeah but if you read above this shimon guy next week doesn't get introduced until chapter 17 if only 4 chapters are adapted either they are re arranging the materials or trying to cram in two arcs or more story than they can handle next week can really make or break the show.

I guess if the director really is rearranging the series it's really ruining it for manga readers who have read ahead which is why I'm pausing the manga until the anime is over cus I don't want to ruin the anime cus so far I had read up to chapter 6 but the anime keeps leaving a bad taste in my mouth and I can see I'm not the only one although for a one cour it does seem to make sense to indroduce characters early or not at all other wise you get a major character showing up last episode and everyone's left curious or wanting more that's why long running anime work best even 2 cour could pull it off
ozzynothingApr 27, 2016 10:03 PM
Apr 27, 2016 10:48 PM

Oct 2011
Brotherly bond OMG T____T
Apr 27, 2016 10:55 PM

Mar 2016
Cody said:
Weakest episode by far. One thing I did like about this episode was Benio coming to understand Rokuro and revealed that she respects him if even the littlest. Then it was ruined with them going back to their usual routine. I absolute hate that this happened here, especially because this is not a comedy. I guess childish banter is a part of their relationship, eh.

Even if the story is not mainly a comedy, it's still supposed to be somewhat a romcom among other genres; not to mention that Sukeno's previous work was a comedy....he probably didn't want to let go of adding in humor in this story because of that.
Apr 27, 2016 11:15 PM

Jul 2012
SO far this anime has been an average Shounen for me. Compare to the other few episodes this one was lacking in story, I did enjoy the story about Ryougo but it wasn't that great. I am soo happy that stupid pet didn't show its face this episode, I just want to punch it.

2/5
Apr 28, 2016 2:38 AM

Aug 2015
Was overall enjoyable but the plot is Kind of lacking something interesting.. Also I find it Quite annoying how Rokuro always has to say her full Name when Adression "Adashino Benio".. 6/10
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Apr 28, 2016 2:55 AM

Apr 2014
Lulupus said:
Z4k said:
He mentioned it before in an interview that he wants to introduce the 12 heavenly commanders sooner then the manga. So the battle with Kamui, Seigen and all that stuff will happen after Simon's introduction is done next episode.

Soooo...is he planning on introducing the other commanders that we're unfamiliar with too? Or just Shimon and Seigen?? o-o

I'm pretty sure it's just Shimon and Seigen. They haven't shown the designs of the other commanders.

Not really sure how they're going to integrate Shimon this early in the story though.

orbbie said:
I was going to mention this in my previous post so here it is.

Beginning--middle--end.
Completely ignored by the director. You don't have to be a literary genious to write a script but a good script needs to at least understand the basics. I really enjoy the manga and I want to enjoy the anime just as much and when it's just only 4 episodes in and for some scenes that are being butchered because of director's interference I can only hope that his direction is good for what he have to work with.

Scriptwriting isn't the job of a director and I don't see how his interference has butchered some scenes. I'd say it's quite the opposite and has improved some aspects of the story here such as improving Mayura's character by introducing her sooner and show her bond with Rokuro, making the relationship between Ryogo and Rokuro more impactful through the addition of anime original content and the subtle development between Benio and Rokuro by cutting some overreactions and unnatural dialogue.

Yes some addition are annoying like the fox but I just pretend it doesn't exist.
Apr 28, 2016 3:56 AM

Jun 2011
Z4k said:

Scriptwriting isn't the job of a director and I don't see how his interference has butchered some scenes. I'd say it's quite the opposite and has improved some aspects of the story here such as improving Mayura's character by introducing her sooner and show her bond with Rokuro, making the relationship between Ryogo and Rokuro more impactful through the addition of anime original content and the subtle development between Benio and Rokuro by cutting some overreactions and unnatural dialogue.

Yes some addition are annoying like the fox but I just pretend it doesn't exist.

At the end of the day the director must accept the script that was given to him. Do i see some improvements? I can't say because its only 4 episodes but my own opinion is that they've changed a couple things that didn't need changing. I get that for a time frame and trying to wrap things up for 12 episodes there needs to be some changes but like i said previously I can only hope that this adaptation works.

There should be no reason at all why we should pretend that something doesn't exists when it clearly does. I'm looking at you fox spirit. I can't believe they sat around a table and came up with that idea.(I'm speculating though its probably what happened anyways)
Apr 28, 2016 4:29 AM

Jul 2014
Components for a good episode:
- Adapting the source material while expanding upon it, instead of diminishing it.
- Less talking, more fighting.
- Good interactions between characters.
- AND NO GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING FOX.

Seeing as how this episode actually did some of those things, I'd say this was a pretty good episode.
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Apr 28, 2016 4:40 AM
Mar 2012
Rokuro do your homework.
Stop this fullname, a nickname will do.
what did the fox say? Good it not appear.
Apr 28, 2016 6:46 AM

Apr 2011
This is just a bromance episode it had good fields to it
Apr 28, 2016 10:07 AM

Apr 2014
I've always felt that A6 pieces of paper were too cumbersome. Always running out of them just when you need them.
Apr 28, 2016 11:21 AM

Jul 2015
Aaaahhhhh that was a nice episode. I was actually considering dropping this anime. Just wasn't feeling it. But this episode made me happy -w-
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 28, 2016 12:14 PM

Oct 2015
It was better than the last episode for sure. This show just seems really generic so I'm going to drop it.
Apr 28, 2016 1:37 PM

Dec 2009
Haven't watched the episode yet but skimmed through it to see what was the same from the manga. It seems they adapted the rescue Ryougo arc pretty well for the most part (With a few added scenes) but next week they're introducing Shimon before even Kamui or Seigen!? Wow.

Now I'm convinced for sure we're getting more than 12 episodes. We haven't even done the "Basara" battle yet and we're already almost halfway through the supposed cour. According to the opening theme this should go up to at least the Yuto battle, and with the current pacing there is no way we're getting to that fight within 12 episodes (Even with re-arranged scenes and added content, there hasn't even been a full 5 chapters adapted).
Apr 28, 2016 4:41 PM

Apr 2014
Well, that was good, the battle that is.
Overall, meh episode.
Apr 28, 2016 6:39 PM

Mar 2016
MattKitsune96 said:
It was better than the last episode for sure. This show just seems really generic so I'm going to drop it.

;What can I say...At first, I thought that this was a generic anime too, but, after I went to the manga, bro, I love it!

So, give a chance to Sousei..u can read the manga (its better).
"[...]I have to admit I'm not a big anime fan. Most anime that makes it over here seems to be either about schoolgirls with supernatural powers who battle evil, or adolescent boys who - for some convoluted reason - wind up having to pilot big giant robots...although, today, you just need to put some boobs or harem and fantasy and it'll be 10/10."
Apr 28, 2016 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
The first 2/3 of it I didn't really care for.
But at the last 1/3 I almost shed a tear.
I dunno it just kind of got to me and I wasn't expecting it from a shonen anime.
Apr 29, 2016 12:27 AM

May 2009
Pff this show feels very cliché to me. Not sure how long I will keep up with it, but might drop it if it stays like this.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 29, 2016 5:05 AM

Jun 2013
An okay episode focusing on family and shit. Rokuro's arm reminds me of Allen Walker's arm (from D.Grayman) for some reason.
่‡ญใ„-
Apr 29, 2016 5:26 AM

Apr 2013
The show is getting progressively worse, probably going to end up as one of the worst shows of the season
Apr 29, 2016 10:37 AM

Dec 2011
Gah I really hate that they changed the story around in the anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2016 1:04 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was a bit boring and it seems like it was shorter than the others.
Only liked the moments between Benio and Rokuro but that's all. I don't know if they intended to make us feel emotional with that vassal story but it didn't work on me. Seriously, if the show keeps going like this, I might drop it.

๐’ฎ๐’พ๐“๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’ฎ๐“€๐’พ๐‘’๐“ˆ
๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š’๐š›๐šŽ
๐šŽ๐šข๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐š’๐š›๐šŽ
๐š๐šŠ๐š”๐š’๐š—' ๐š–๐šŽ ๐š‹๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‹๐š•๐šž๐šŽ

โƒ
Apr 29, 2016 7:04 PM

Sep 2014
Probably one of the more interesting episodes as of yet. Really made me like Ryougo more and it was nice to see how much he cherishes the MC.
It was pretty touching.
Apr 29, 2016 7:14 PM

Jun 2013
Nit as good as the first three but still a very good episode!
Apr 29, 2016 10:58 PM

Dec 2009
King_Oriax said:
The show is getting progressively worse, probably going to end up as one of the worst shows of the season

Lol no, it's going to get much better. Actually wait for the villains to be introduced and for a main plotline...I can tell you it get much better, that is if the anime follows the manga.
Apr 30, 2016 9:33 AM

Apr 2015
Not good enough, unfortunately. Was a complete bore
Apr 30, 2016 10:45 AM
Mar 2016
kiddruki said:
An incredibly bland episode. No thrills, just cliche's.

You could tell where the episode was going after just the opening sequence...

2/5 , I somewhat enjoyed the fighting? And it was necessary development between Benio and Rokuro.

I agree man, in fact I kinda feel bad already that childhood friend is gonna be left behind.
Apr 30, 2016 10:46 AM

Jan 2015
The future couple are getting closer and closer to each other !!
May 1, 2016 4:48 PM

Mar 2016
That was an awesome episode in my opinion
May 2, 2016 4:21 AM

Dec 2012
I like how they develop the characters. Good episode, Rokuro seems to become more and more an Onmyouji
May 3, 2016 7:52 AM

Apr 2015
Benio-san blushing was cute to see.
May 3, 2016 11:48 AM

Apr 2016
On a slight downhill for me... Hoping for the next one to be better.
May 4, 2016 10:19 PM

Dec 2013
Kinako is irritating as fuck. I hope some monster kill that little bastard soon
Stay in yesterday ๆ™‚ใ‚’ๆญขใ‚ใฆ
May 5, 2016 9:39 PM

Jan 2016
Sorry I was a bit late but well, never mind that. :)
Anyway, yes from the beginning of the episode (Episode 1) until here just got more interesting. Finally, I'm glad that at the nearly end that Rokuro has opened up his heart a bit for Benio. Although, Benio doesn't give much response but she did replied to him nicely. The fights are still great but I'm really hoping for more while for the relationship of Ryougo and Rokuro has been explained though, but not that much. So, the story needs to develop more than the previous one.
May 8, 2016 10:40 PM

Nov 2015
Alright episode I guess

May 12, 2016 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
A mediocre episode...Ryogo almost a fodder but at least the two saved him...
3/5.

May 15, 2016 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
A house where everyone disappears; the rent must be real cheap.
---------My Profile------------
Aug 2, 2016 11:20 PM

Dec 2012
Even the old lady ships Rokuro x Mayura. She has sense.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 3, 2017 2:49 AM

Aug 2016
That Kegare was scary af

Set by SenpieX
Jul 9, 2017 11:29 PM

Mar 2015
Looks like he's ready to be the best Exorcist!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 20, 2020 11:21 PM

Jul 2016
Accelority said:
Was overall enjoyable but the plot is Kind of lacking something interesting.. Also I find it Quite annoying how Rokuro always has to say her full Name when Adression "Adashino Benio".. 6/10

Is there really a plot so far?
Oct 14, 2020 2:18 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
If this rest of the series is this good, I’m surprised it doesn’t get more recognition that it does. I heard that it kind of declines in overall quality halfway through, but I really hope that was just someone’s rare opinion and that it is actually really great through and through. Fingers crossed

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 17, 2021 10:04 PM

Jun 2020
I'm amazed that since it was the beginning none of these four episodes has been boring / uninteresting so far. I don't know if it's because I sympathized with Rokuro at first, or the plot itself that is holding me back, but I'm really enjoying it!

The action scenes that look very few make the animation more explored in its plot and not only focus on the fights, but also remember the development of each character.

EthanFerrazMay 17, 2021 10:15 PM
"If you don't stop depending on people, you can never grow!"
"Se você não parar de depender das pessoas, nunca poderá crescer!"

Oct 17, 2021 10:36 PM

Mar 2016
Generic as fuck, I'm done.

I even checked out the final episode to see if it got ANY better, and nope, exactly what I expected.

This series has nothing interesting to grasp onto, plot, concept, or even theme-wise, and the characters are barely anything. They have two sides, if that, but absolutely no nuance or layers to them beyond that.

Honestly, the only hope I got out of it was at the end of episode 2, not because it was good or clever, but because I thought it showed a bit of self-awareness and would maybe do more with that and be something unique... but nope; this is more standard shonen. I don't know what I was expecting to be honest.

Not worth my time, even if it was 13 episodes, to say nothing about 50.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Dec 5, 2023 4:51 PM
Jan 2018
one of the best romance action anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

99 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 4:19 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.