Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 26, 2016 7:35 PM

Dec 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Final chapter and this is one of the worst endings I have seen in a long time.

Last few chapters really brought down this manga.
Apr 27, 2016 1:53 AM
Sep 2007
So what the fuck did I just read, did the mangaka lose his fucking mind. Ever since Yumi shot Ken everything went to shit. None of the shit that happen after the White Dragon Clan battle made any sense whatever so ever. Did he get canceled or something, that 1 year, 2 year, then 5 years have pass, shit was the most horriable shit I read in a long time.

This ending has completely destroy this manga for me.

Final rating 6/10
Hi
Apr 27, 2016 7:04 AM

Dec 2014
Ok, also a happy ending anyway. What she did when Ken gave the letter of ''Ken power'' ? I dont know what she did ???
FallencyApr 27, 2016 7:15 AM
Apr 27, 2016 1:36 PM

Sep 2014
Whole time while reading i was yelling in my mind "Kill the bitch, kill the bitch"
Then came ending and destroyed it all... WTF author?

This ending dropped this 8/10 to 2/10.
Apr 27, 2016 7:34 PM
Sep 2007
Seepos said:
Whole time while reading i was yelling in my mind "Kill the bitch, kill the bitch"
Then came ending and destroyed it all... WTF author?

This ending dropped this 8/10 to 2/10.

He forgive the bitch and the 5 years, where she ran the White Dragon Clan, and killed and destroyed many lives, also give her all the riches in the world, blind forgiveness isn't always the right thing to do.
Hi
Apr 28, 2016 12:29 AM

Dec 2013
Here are some final notes made by he author.

http://imgur.com/a/lC706
Apr 28, 2016 3:56 AM

Sep 2014
G_Spark233 said:

So basicly author changed mind for that ending after that paris terrorist attack?
Apr 28, 2016 5:15 AM

Dec 2013
Seepos said:
G_Spark233 said:

So basicly author changed mind for that ending after that paris terrorist attack?

Seems that way. Still a disssapointing ending.
Apr 30, 2016 5:00 AM

Nov 2011
Wow..that ending is just mehhhhhh. Easily forgettable after what everything happened between Ken and Yumin.

5/10. The story bombed for the past few chapters.
May 1, 2016 7:18 PM

Mar 2015
They need to change the chapters from 181 to 171 then
May 5, 2016 10:20 AM
May 2016
G_Spark233 said:
Seepos said:

Seems that way. Still a disssapointing ending.

Link for read chapter 171 please ?
May 12, 2016 8:49 AM

Jan 2016
Why just whyyyyyyyyyyyyy :'(
May 13, 2016 8:36 AM

Mar 2014
Executes like a boss , Finishes like a boss . That is why it didn't end just the way he wanted to . Where is the happy ending !? Darn .

There are so much remarkable scenarios and unpleasant things on my way to the series' end . It was not half bad ~ .. however for this chapter .. far worse . I still respect it as a whole and gave as much as I can because for me its an open ending .
AnimeLaver01May 13, 2016 8:40 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2016 5:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Should have ended a lot sooner IMO.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 17, 2016 7:59 AM

Sep 2013
ending kinda sucked but overall the manga was amazing i wish it gets an anime or something
May 17, 2016 10:22 AM

Jan 2015
Ending did suck a lot ... Yumin is still at power :/ What happened to Ken ...
May 17, 2016 10:06 PM
May 2016
Is Ken dead...That epilogue has me confused
May 17, 2016 10:58 PM
Sep 2011
Kiehlcash said:
Is Ken dead...That epilogue has me confused

It looks like a message left for him by Ken as the grave would have had to of read Kitano Ken instead of the gang name. When he gave Yumin the rights to everything he owned, he probably dissolved the Sun Ken Rock group in the process. If he ran away with Yumin after this, this may have been the best way to inform the then imprisoned Soo Park (whose name on the gravestone was a clear indicator of its alive recipient) about his intentions without risking his new life. Hope that helps.
May 18, 2016 5:21 AM

Mar 2014
G_Spark233 said:

that helps a lot to understand the last chapters
May 22, 2016 8:03 PM
May 2016
Maybe because of my not too good comprehension of english i didn't understand what really happened in the end and especially in the epilogue even if i read the post of duelit. Could someone explain me the end pls?
May 23, 2016 12:00 AM

Dec 2013
Rubueno said:
Maybe because of my not too good comprehension of english i didn't understand what really happened in the end and especially in the epilogue even if i read the post of duelit. Could someone explain me the end pls?

It was confusing to most people. I think at the end Ken built up an empire than gave everything to Yumin. This was a retarded ending.
Jun 5, 2016 1:45 AM
Nov 2015
This ending was just so random and stupid. I still don't understand why she betrayed him but leaving that out, what was up with those random, constant time skips and why did he give everything to Yumi after everything that happened. Boichi tried too hard to create an open ending and it completely ruined it, it would have been better if Ken took over WDC and then gave most of the possessions to Tae Soo, then he and Yumi could go live together some where. Ken did always want a normal life after all. The whole betrayal part was so useless and annoying.

The only positive thing about this chapter was the first page, him with the original gang. It was so nostalgic, it made my heart ache.
Jun 5, 2016 8:39 AM
Feb 2015
i think this is one of the worst ending i've ever read. The note of the author doesn't make it less terribile. It's a shame, i really liked the manga but the ending is just unbearable
Jun 5, 2016 5:53 PM
Jun 2016
Totally agree with all!
I was awaiting with so much eagerness as Yumin betraying Ken was kinda absurd and thought that the author wants to go somewhere witj this as a controversial ending! And as chapters went through,constantly my expectations were rising! Only to see that it was all for naught!
It feels like a fart the aurhor decided to take on us after getting hooked up to a nice masterpiece😭
I demand another epilogue! One that makes sense! 💔
Jun 9, 2016 5:46 AM
Aug 2011
I don't get this chapter at all. Looks like it's chapter 181 that was done by some impatient fan. And chapters 171-180 are still missing
Jun 23, 2016 6:05 AM

May 2014
Dafuq, this ending really screwes us over. Though I can't hate the manga for it, it stays the absolute masterpiece it is, excluding that ending :/
I want a justified anime adaptation!!!!
Jul 13, 2016 5:21 AM

Dec 2012
Seems most of community find this ending not satisfying. Meh, hell yeah, this ending still leave me hanging `L_`

Artego32rus said:
I don't get this chapter at all. Looks like it's chapter 181 that was done by some impatient fan. And chapters 171-180 are still missing

WTH maaan, I don't know if this series is really 181 chapters or 181 chapters is included with omake or what. If myanimelist says 181 and the actual chapters excluding omake still 181, then I find some manga completed with rush ending? Since I completed manga and some of them the final chapter not matched with myanimelist's total chapter :/
Jul 13, 2016 7:05 AM
Aug 2011
RyuukiBeat said:
Seems most of community find this ending not satisfying. Meh, hell yeah, this ending still leave me hanging `L_`

Artego32rus said:

WTH maaan, I don't know if this series is really 181 chapters or 181 chapters is included with omake or what. If myanimelist says 181 and the actual chapters excluding omake still 181, then I find some manga completed with rush ending? Since I completed manga and some of them the final chapter not matched with myanimelist's total chapter :/

MAL just has weird counting system. They count all specials and other irrelevant chapters, so yes, there's really only 171 chapters in Sun-Ken Rock
Jul 25, 2016 12:39 PM

Jul 2016
The ending sucked completely. It was terrible.

I am completely disappointed.
Jul 25, 2016 10:52 PM

Sep 2012
Any author that lets current events sway their work in progress is not a real writer in my book.

When you conceptualize such a story, especially one as epic like this, you had to have an END in mind. Don`t throw it out due to sudden realizations in your life.

He talks about being ashamed for writing a story for his own personal enjoyment, but how about the enjoyment of all the fans that supported him by reading Sun-Ken-Rock till now. He just disappointed everyone that followed him all these years by forcing his new profound message down our throats. The message wasn't even well developed which ironically squanders the whole point of this sudden change of direction to the series.

Like just WTF Boichi? This was BS.
Jul 26, 2016 8:51 AM
Aug 2009
Like many people here I was really disappointed by the ending. Not just the last chapter, but WHY DID YUMIN HAD TO SHOT KEN ? It makes absolutely no sense. It could have just ended here : Yumin kill her father, marry Ken and it's the end and I would have been really happy. Instead of that decades flash in few pages, there is a WTF bdsm scene in the middle, useless character that come back to life... It just feels like he forgot that he had to do some more chapters before his contract ended.

My rating went from 8/10 to 6/10.
Aug 3, 2016 8:26 PM

Sep 2007
Guess the author never saw Tropic Thunder, cause man he went full retard those last few chapters.

I don't mind bad endings, bittersweet endings, whatever. I just like endings that make a damn bit of sense and are ENJOYABLE. Sadly this didn't fit those criteria. Truly, without exaggeration, one of the dumbest endings I have ever read.
Aug 17, 2016 1:07 PM
Jul 2013
RaiKageRyu said:
Any author that lets current events sway their work in progress is not a real writer in my book.

When you conceptualize such a story, especially one as epic like this, you had to have an END in mind. Don`t throw it out due to sudden realizations in your life.

He talks about being ashamed for writing a story for his own personal enjoyment, but how about the enjoyment of all the fans that supported him by reading Sun-Ken-Rock till now. He just disappointed everyone that followed him all these years by forcing his new profound message down our throats. The message wasn't even well developed which ironically squanders the whole point of this sudden change of direction to the series.

Like just WTF Boichi? This was BS.

In my opinion, an author who lets current events sway his work is most definitely a real author. Instead of pandering to what the audience wanted, he stuck by the message he felt he should convey through his work. I think the idea he put forth for an ending was good; however, it was just too rushed and, as a result, too vague.
Aug 25, 2016 6:54 PM

Aug 2014
Terrible...absolutely fucking terrible!

It's crazy that a series that I enjoyed for the most part went to shit in just a few chapters. Like seriously, what was the point in having Yumin turn traitor in the last minute? And worst of all, the bitch gets off scot free? Ridiculous. If I had known that this bullshit was coming, I would had shipped Ken with Kim or something lol.

This series is the perfect exemple of : NEVER GO FULL RETARD!!

Definitely one of the worst ending I have ever read. (up there with Hitman Reborn, Gamaran etc..)
4/10 and I'm being generous.
Sep 7, 2016 10:16 PM
Oct 2013
That was BS. Yumin shoot Ken, timeskip, timeskip, Ken dead, the end.
Sep 28, 2016 1:48 PM
Oct 2013
i didnt understand,is ken dead?
Oct 7, 2016 4:54 AM
Jan 2014
a little bit rush and disappointing ending, but Ken is Ken, there is no vengeance in his dictionary especially for his sake
Oct 18, 2016 12:00 PM

Oct 2015
this is a perfect example how a good series feels like shit because of crappy ending.
Nov 30, 2016 1:15 AM
Nov 2016
There are something I don't understand. Are all member of sun ken rock died ?
Jun 9, 2017 6:20 AM

Mar 2017
I really loved Sun Ken Rock all the way up until the ending. This was probably the worst ending I've ever read.

Really felt like the betrayal part was unnecessary considering what Ken really strived for, with Yumi & the gang.
Jul 29, 2017 8:57 AM
May 2017
That ending was complete garbage on every level. Logically inconsistent, bizarre, rushed and just plain stupid.

This manga dragged on way too long. It would've all been worth it if the ending was good. But it wasn't.

Boichi's short stories are far better. Read those instead. Also, Rakia was pretty decent.
Sep 2, 2017 9:59 AM
Feb 2014
After a year nobody got the ending.

My best bet would be: There was suppose to be more chapters (explains the betrayal of Yumi). But after the Paris attacks the author did not want to capitalize anymore on a manga based on violence and revenge.
So he gave the story a rushed unclear ending.

I guess what happened was Ken gave back Yumi everything that's involving being a gangster - a sign of forgiveness (The author wanted his manga to be not about revenge anymore). Ken also faked his own death, and also the death row sentenced Tae-Soon Park (Notice how one of the graves hinted a "Soo Par" written on it) then it looked like it was Tae-Soo standing in front of the two graves.

Tae-soo also said "I, no, we... are still the Sun-Ken Rock group" which means Ken also gave back Sun-Ken Rock to Tae-Soo (It also looked like he was talking to Ken - who is in the car).
iRyuSep 3, 2017 8:08 AM
Sep 4, 2017 5:42 PM

Jul 2016
For people who did not understood the ending,this is what happened:

Ken forgave Yumin,gave her all his power after she lived 5 years normally,and reunited all the Sun-Ken Rock group again,as seen in one of the last panels, he is in the car with Pickaxe and Marin,possibly going to get Tae-Soo out of jail,then we see Tae-Soo in front of his fake grave,we know it's Tae-Soo because Marin says "Bro,let's get something to eat",Marin was the only one who used the word Bro or Aniki which is the same,and on the car that is behind them is Ken,and Marin and Pickaxe are outside with Tae-Soo.

At the end
The Sun-Ken Rock Group lives again
Nov 25, 2017 9:20 AM
Nov 2017
Thank you everyone on this site. I spent the past few months reading this manga on mangapark then got to the ending and like everyone here, went WTF?!

So I google everything I could find to see if this was the real ending and what other people thought bc I was so confused. I literally joined this forum just to confirm that I really wasn’t going crazy and that this great story was ending so ridiculously.

Thank you all of you, esp Zephyr, who explained the ending the best. It was especially confusing cuz mangapark doesn’t have the translation of Boichi’s explanation of why he suddenly changed the direction of the manga. I still feel cheated, but I can’t imagine how the fans who read it for 10 years must have felt.

Sigh. I had so much respect for BOICHI - I love his artwork and respected his storytelling. But now I can never trust him again. If I dedicate time to one of his stories, how will it end? I’m so glad he’s not the author and is just the artist for Dr Stone...or I would stop reading it now.

Anyway, I still have a few questions. 1) how did pick axe survive 2 grenades and machine gun fire? Are Kae-lyn and Do Heun still alive?
Jude_EmmanuelNov 25, 2017 9:24 AM
Dec 2, 2017 7:48 PM

Jan 2015
What a terrible ending. It shouldve ended after yumis father was killed with a happy ending. These last few chapters were really really stupid. So sad to ruin a great manga in such a horrible way.

And im not saying that this couldve been good, if yumin dies or something, NO. It all turned shit with her betreyal. There was no saving it from there.
BestBoiErenDec 2, 2017 7:54 PM
Dec 8, 2017 8:47 PM
Dec 2017
I agree the ending was too rushed, forced and poorly executed.

I applaud the author for trying to deliver his own messages. Ken was questioned "how to end the war" who is now dark and cold. Can violence and revenge end all darkness and evil?
I guess author's answer was "No, but maybe by forgiveness and living a happy life".
With forgiveness as the theme he tried to force the greatest betrayal into the ending. Plus he probably thought it is cool to do something totally unexpected.

The author probably was planning to expand the story into other countries but was abandoned for whatever reason hence these after 3 or 5 years jumps.

Jude_Emmanuel said:

Anyway, I still have a few questions. 1) how did pick axe survive 2 grenades and machine gun fire? Are Kae-lyn and Do Heun still alive?

1) There is a spin off: Sun-Ken Rock Gaiden - Pickaxe, which I haven't read but it mentioned Pickaxe used to be a superhero.
2) In the epilogue, there were three identical grave stones. Other than the fake one for Tae-Soo, the other two are probably Kae-Lyn and Do Heun's real graves.
Dec 15, 2017 8:39 PM
May 2017
I second your sentiment Jude_Emmanuel because I was going nuts over the ridiculous ending. I like that the author was trying to and such a good narrative at the end but I think that if he could have adjusted it in a bit more it would have at least not left such a bitter taste in my mind.

I also think cyber_gk is spot on with the ending - albeit still not happy with it...

cyber_gk said:

Jude_Emmanuel said:

1) There is a spin off: Sun-Ken Rock Gaiden - Pickaxe, which I haven't read but it mentioned Pickaxe used to be a superhero.
2) In the epilogue, there were three identical grave stones. Other than the fake one for Tae-Soo, the other two are probably Kae-Lyn and Do Heun's real graves.

I think Do Heun and Kae-lyn are still alive, isn't that them standing behind the beamer in the grave yard? Looks like Do Heun's menacing stature and Kae-lyn's slender figure to me.
Dec 16, 2017 8:04 PM

Aug 2016

Well, I enjoyed this
MichaelJacksonDec 16, 2017 8:18 PM
:v
Feb 7, 2018 9:42 PM

Sep 2009
Love how everyone completely misses the point as if the entire story of Sun Ken Rock flew right over their heads. All of the sudden everyone wants him to go all Darth Vader because of "mah feelingz even though he spends most of his time fighting against the exact thing people here are begging him to do. Not to defend against this ending because it is very rushed and very sudden but the core concept is valid and true to the narrative that is Sun-Ken Rock.

Ken survives being shot and returns years later to crush the White Dragon Clan. He amasses enough influence and power to dismantle and adsorb the organization and leaves his former lover with nothing but her life. He continues to consolidate his power and once hes done Ken instructs that everything be handed over to Yumi after she has out grown the lust for power and her father's legacy. Being brought to the place where Ken first proposed and handed everything she's ever wanted a hollow realization dawns upon her that it was never worth all the horrible things she's done, especially to Ken, and that she could never take then back. Across the street Ken watches somberly as he reminiscent one more time back when it all started before be moves on with his life.

It's almost impossible to capture all that nuisance in one short chapter. Especially when there's a large portion unaccounted for due to the time skip. However I still believe this was the right course of action. Once again Ken leaves the stage as the bigger man and his legend grows even more.
Apr 25, 2018 12:06 PM
Jul 2017
O manga num todo não é ruim, porém não fez sentido tudo q o Ken fez pra no final simplesmente dar tudo pra uma mulher q o traiu, sim eu sei q o autor n queria vingança no final por causa da carta porém mesmo assim o final ficou ruim, queria ver eles todos juntos e não o poder só com a yumin e o Ken supostamente "morto"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sun-Ken Rock Chapter 167 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

23 by LunarPisces1 »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:56 AM

Poll: » Sun-ken Rock Chapter 102 Discussion

inzaratha - Jul 15, 2012

3 by jps464 »»
Apr 16, 2023 11:24 AM

Poll: » Sun-Ken Rock Chapter 165 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2015

11 by FarCritical »»
Apr 1, 2023 9:46 PM

Poll: » Sun-ken Rock Chapter 158 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

7 by FarCritical »»
Mar 31, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Sun-ken Rock Chapter 153 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

3 by FarCritical »»
Mar 30, 2023 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.