Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 26, 2016 11:56 AM

Apr 2014
Why did Jesus identify as god when he was clearly a human?

When Jesus was praying to god, god can't be in two places at once. You're either human or god, god can't be human because humans aren't perfect. Jesus was simply non-binary.
Dick_DawkinsApr 26, 2016 12:21 PM
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 26, 2016 12:00 PM

Nov 2015
Only Christians can answer that.

I asked Mary Magdalene the same question and she said, 'What?'.
Apr 26, 2016 12:01 PM

Sep 2012
He was trans-God kin.

He died for our kins
Apr 26, 2016 12:30 PM

Dec 2015
Masked_Mantis said:
Jesus was simply non-binary.

I am the way, the truth and the life...and sometimes a woman.
Apr 26, 2016 12:33 PM

Jan 2013
Because he came back to life I think?
Apr 26, 2016 12:49 PM

May 2014
If I remember correctly he never called himself the Son of God, only the Son of Man. Really all we know was written after he died.
I've been here way too long...
Apr 26, 2016 1:04 PM

Apr 2016
"I and my Father are One" does not simply mean "I am God". Jesus refers to himself as the Son of Man and God. Look at the Holy Trinity for more info. God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, each person distinct but of one essence. Jesus is man, born from Mary in flesh, but is apart of God, so he is of One with the Father.

For example, all things are of the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit. They co-exist, is all.

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
Apr 26, 2016 1:13 PM

Oct 2007
Multiple personality disorder at it's finest.
Apr 26, 2016 2:06 PM

Oct 2015
because he's fiction ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 26, 2016 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
Jesus never called Himself God. Others did and He never denied. However, He is the "Son of Man" who was the prophesied Messiah. He basically was God in the flesh. God as a physical Human, so He was His own character, yet one with God above.
Some things can never be forgotten.

ll Truth Seeker ll ll Gift from Leo ll Gift from Kasumi ll ll
Apr 26, 2016 3:59 PM

Jul 2015
I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'm going to blame it on Tumblr.
Apr 26, 2016 4:22 PM

Jan 2014
The whole Jesus story is full of inconsistencies, starting with when/where he was born.

Bobby2Hands said:
Masked_Mantis said:
Jesus was simply non-binary.

I am the way, the truth and the life...and sometimes a woman.

Well, where did his Y chromosome come from?
Apr 26, 2016 4:37 PM

Apr 2016
yoskees said:
Jesus never called Himself God. Others did and He never denied. However, He is the "Son of Man" who was the prophesied Messiah. He basically was God in the flesh. God as a physical Human, so He was His own character, yet one with God above.

True. He only said "I and my Father are One" which does not mean "I am God".

Apr 26, 2016 4:47 PM

Apr 2015
Jesus is a "special" coz he was a virgin birth but that will not make him God. He's a special that's all.

Anyway... just read this

http://www.conservapedia.com/Debate:Did_Jesus_ever_claim_to_be_God%3F
RPSB9Apr 26, 2016 4:54 PM
#CHEXIT
Apr 26, 2016 5:10 PM

Jul 2015
Imeon said:
Jesus is a "special" coz he was a virgin birth

more like mary cheated and joseph then later claimed was visited by angel as excuse for pregnancy
Apr 26, 2016 5:12 PM

Nov 2009
I think the correct term is schizophrenia.
Apr 26, 2016 5:25 PM

Apr 2016
Salvatia said:
Imeon said:
Jesus is a "special" coz he was a virgin birth

more like mary cheated and joseph then later claimed was visited by angel as excuse for pregnancy

I really doubt a 13-16 year old girl would do that after crossing a great distance to be with him...

Apr 26, 2016 6:20 PM

Feb 2015
why do cult leaders today say there god?

attention or mental illness

what makes jesus an exception from that.
Apr 26, 2016 6:22 PM

Apr 2014
He actually identified as the son of God if u didn't know.
Apr 26, 2016 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
Masked_Mantis said:

When Jesus was praying to god, god can't be in two places at once. You're either human or god, god can't be human because humans aren't perfect. Jesus was simply non-binary.

He never identified himself as God in the bible.Not all Christian denominations believe in the Trinity.
Apr 26, 2016 6:33 PM

May 2009
He never claimed He was God but He and the Father were one, He also identified as son of God and Man. He was God human incarnate. He came to the world to sympathize with what being human was like so in a sense He was fully God yet fully human. Since God exists outside the confines of time and space, the concept of time does not simply exist for Him. So He was able to work as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit--they are of One and the same essence. I remember how it mentions that those commissioned by Jesus must baptize under the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit for remission of sins--and what is that name? In the name of Jesus.

For those stating their irrelevant opinions, I'm sure there is another thread to discuss that elsewhere.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Apr 26, 2016 6:53 PM

Mar 2008
The biblical Jesus did not claim to be God, it is just how some Christians interpret it. Trinitarian Christianity is actually kind of Soft-Polytheism.
Apr 26, 2016 7:24 PM
Sep 2012
Which biblical Jesus? We have to remember that the "biblical Jesus" refers to numerous different accounts from various sources (authors) from different time periods.

OP: The concept of the "Trinity" in Christianity was actually explicitly (passages that clearly define it, not vague passages that scholars use as support for it) added into the canon hundreds of years after the earliest doctrines of Christianity were proposed. So when discussing the Holy Trinity, though an important Christian doctrine, you should probably refrain from attributing it to "what Jesus claimed."
Apr 26, 2016 8:32 PM

Sep 2013
Mendelssohn said:
Which biblical Jesus? We have to remember that the "biblical Jesus" refers to numerous different accounts from various sources (authors) from different time periods.

OP: The concept of the "Trinity" in Christianity was actually explicitly (passages that clearly define it, not vague passages that scholars use as support for it) added into the canon hundreds of years after the earliest doctrines of Christianity were proposed. So when discussing the Holy Trinity, though an important Christian doctrine, you should probably refrain from attributing it to "what Jesus claimed."

What specific passages were "added in hundreds of years after?" And if we have to cherry pick what we do have, that doesn't speak well about the rest of scripture. If the Gospels (I guess everything written after these books would be moot too) can't be trusted, there is nothing else to go on aside from some small hints about Jesus' coming in the Old Testament. Why have Christianity? No, the Trinity isn't explicitly mentioned by name. But the concept certainly seems to be present. Why would Paul call Jesus his Lord and Jesus not be divine in some nature? That would be blasphemous given the religion he was practicing.
Apr 26, 2016 8:42 PM

Sep 2013
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Jesus doesn't ring a bell. What anime was he in?

This.
And this.
Brush up on your animu, m8
Apr 26, 2016 8:59 PM

Jan 2014
ZECHS96 said:

A little something called "the Resurrection." It's one thing to claim to be God, it's another thing to offer proof of that caliber.

OT: It could very well be because he is God.

Of course, He didn't like to delve into explicits, but He did make very bold statements that got the religious folk riled up. What he did claim for sure is that he was the Christ (Messiah).

"Before Abraham, I Am" (I Am is one of the names of God in the Bible.)

"Destroy this temple, and I will raise it up in 3 days!"

RedRoseFringApr 26, 2016 9:03 PM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 26, 2016 9:00 PM
Sep 2012
Skeleturtle said:
Mendelssohn said:

What specific passages were "added in hundreds of years after?" And if we have to cherry pick what we do have, that doesn't speak well about the rest of scripture. If the Gospels (I guess everything written after these books would be moot too) can't be trusted, there is nothing else to go on aside from some small hints about Jesus' coming in the Old Testament. Why have Christianity? No, the Trinity isn't explicitly mentioned by name. But the concept certainly seems to be present. Why would Paul call Jesus his Lord and Jesus not be divine in some nature? That would be blasphemous given the religion he was practicing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum

The first explicit references to the holy trinity happened during the 4th century. Authenticity of the passage can further be argued against considering its completely absent from early scriptures.

And if we have to cherry pick what we do have, that doesn't speak well about the rest of scripture.

You would think that the bible being a compilation of scriptures written by different authors in different time periods all of which had no actual eye-witness of Jesus himself would make it almost completely impossible to believe in it, but hey...Christians find it convincing.

While I consider all biblical claims to be dubious, the Holy Trinity is even more dubious considering the circumstances of its additions, time period, and the fact that there's no consensus among biblical scholars. In fact from what I've learnt (forgive me, i've only taken two courses in theology) is that there are far more arguments against then for it.
Apr 26, 2016 9:02 PM

Apr 2014
I thought he identified as the son of God.
I haven't taken my Christian classes in forever though, so I forget.
Apr 26, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2014
Sukeroku said:

For those stating their irrelevant opinions, I'm sure there is another thread to discuss that elsewhere.

What? Is this not MAL? Irrelevant opinions are the foundation of this place!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Apr 26, 2016 9:05 PM

Apr 2016
ZECHS96 said:

...the fact that he never said it? lol

Apr 26, 2016 9:06 PM
Aug 2014
Masked_Mantis said:

The claim of Christ is that he was fully God and fully man. He was God incarnate in a human body.

The Trinity is something that can't be fully explained. Any Christian or Christ follower who claims it is fully explainable is fooling you and themselves. The Trinity is basically three persons in one. Three separate facets/sides/parts/persons of God (however you want to say that)....but the same person. So in a sense, Jesus was praying to Himself yes, but also to God the Father.

Christ also rose from the dead. He is the only religious figurehead who hasn't died and stayed dead.

You're also going by human logic. Like God plays by any modern-day definitions and rules. Humans can't be perfect. God in the flesh can though, according to the claims of Christianity.
Apr 26, 2016 9:09 PM

Jan 2014
Mendelssohn said:

You would think that the bible being a compilation of scriptures written by different authors in different time periods all of which had no actual eye-witness of Jesus himself would make it almost completely impossible to believe in it, but hey...Christians find it convincing.

While I consider all biblical claims to be dubious, the Holy Trinity is even more dubious considering the circumstances of its additions, time period, and the fact that there's no consensus among biblical scholars. In fact from what I've learnt (forgive me, i've only taken two courses in theology) is that there are far more arguments against then for it.

Actually, John the Revelator, the author of both the Book of John and Revelations was a disciple of Christ.
Apart from that, it is also clear that the traditions passed on from the original disciples were recorded well within the times of their martrydoms (for authenticity sake anyway), which is around A.D 60 - 70.

That little tidbit you mention at the start is also interestingly one of the biggest reasons why many do believe it. A conglomeration of authors over extended time periods with messages and prophecies that find their fulfillment 100s of years after the fact (in some cases). Truly fascinating stuff.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Apr 26, 2016 9:19 PM
Sep 2012
RedRoseFring said:
Mendelssohn said:

Actually, John the Revelator, the author of both the Book of John and Revelations was a disciple of Christ.
Apart from that, it is also clear that the traditions passed on from the original disciples were recorded well within the times of their martrydoms (for authenticity sake anyway), which is around A.D 60 - 70.

The author is actually anonymous. Some Church traditions ascribe the authorship to John the Disciple, and Biblical Scholars reject it. Either way, the author remains anonymous.

Although biblical stories are fascinating, I have no interest in understanding why Christians believe in the shit they do. Doesn't interest me. Muslims are far more interesting.
Apr 26, 2016 9:25 PM

Feb 2015
RedRoseFring said:
ZECHS96 said:

A little something called "the Resurrection." It's one thing to claim to be God, it's another thing to offer proof of that caliber.

OT: It could very well be because he is God.

Of course, He didn't like to delve into explicits, but He did make very bold statements that got the religious folk riled up. What he did claim for sure is that he was the Christ (Messiah).

"Before Abraham, I Am" (I Am is one of the names of God in the Bible.)

"Destroy this temple, and I will raise it up in 3 days!"

Much like how you can't use a word to define that same word, you can't use a holy book as irrefutable proof of a religion being correct.

I said what I said operating on the acumption that Christ was either mentally ill or he was a sociopath and minupulated his audience into thinking he was their Messiah. If Christ was a real person at all,
when the bible also maintains the existence of unicorns (psalm 92:10) and gives advice on how to beat you slave ( Exodus 21:20), and other strange and outdated things, I have know idea why Christianity has lasted this long.
Apr 26, 2016 9:30 PM

Apr 2016
Mendelssohn said:

The author is actually anonymous. Some Church traditions ascribe the authorship to John the Disciple, and Biblical Scholars reject it. Either way, the author remains anonymous.

Although biblical stories are fascinating, I have no interest in understanding why Christians believe in the shit they do. Doesn't interest me. Muslims are far more interesting.

What do you find interesting about the Qu'ran/Islam if I may ask?

Apr 26, 2016 9:35 PM

Jan 2014
Mendelssohn said:
RedRoseFring said:

Ah, but that is one of many points on which people differ, but just because no one knows for sure doesn't mean that a proposed author couldn't be accurate. And what about the Book of John in that case?

Personally, I find Islam to be less interesting considering the Quran has a single authorship and is pretty easy to dissect in line with Muhammad's motivations.
Also, didn't you say you took 2 courses in Theology? Even though it doesn't interest you? Were they mandatory or something?

ZECHS96 said:

Much like how you can't use a word to define that same word, you can't use a holy book as irrefutable proof of a religion being correct.

Yes, that's nice, but who was doing any such thing? I can't find anyone doing that in this thread.

I said what I said operating on the acumption that Christ was either mentally ill or he was a sociopath and minupulated his audience into thinking he was their Messiah. If Christ was a real person at all,
when the bible also maintains the existence of unicorns (psalm 92:10) and gives advice on how to beat you slave ( Exodus 21:20), and other strange and outdated things, I have know idea why Christianity has lasted this long.

Well, if he was indeed mentally ill or a sociopath, he was damn good at it, to the point of even going beyond human. His entire character and the things attributed to him certainly make that a very hard case to establish. Being mentally ill doesn't help one to resurrect for example.

And I don't see how the latter parts of your comment are relevant, but feel free to expand on them in any case.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to see why Christianity has lasted this long if one actually bothers to study it. I find it interesting that you already dismissed it outright without even bothering to pursue why people held it as unique in the first place. One would think that the reasoning would be vital to dismiss it in the first place.
RedRoseFringApr 26, 2016 9:38 PM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Apr 26, 2016 9:37 PM

May 2015
because he clearly wasnt even real in the first place
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Apr 26, 2016 9:38 PM

Apr 2015
Salvatia said:

LOL, if she was Westernized.....probably
#CHEXIT
Apr 26, 2016 9:39 PM
Sep 2012
Jelmazmo said:
Mendelssohn said:

It's not the Quran I find interesting, its the Muslims I care about. Despite being completely dubious, the bible can be summarized as "hippy bullshit." At least most of it is nice. . . ha ha ha

But holy shit, Muslims? What fascinates me so much about them is the astounding shit they come up with to rationalize with their faith. My favorites are of course the "scientific miracles" of the Quran:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWB-_bD9YWQ

Another interesting thing about it is directed towards "moderates." A lot of Mohammed's (praise be to his name!) military campaigns, assassinations, and beheadings etc were documented by contemporary Muslim sources annnnnnnnd yet, it's a religious of peace. How they arrive at these conclusions amazes me. The Muslim world is fascinating, stupid, but endlessly fascinating.
Apr 26, 2016 9:46 PM
Sep 2012
RedRoseFring said:

Personally, I find Islam to be less interesting considering the Quran has a single authorship and is pretty easy to dissect in line with Muhammad's motivations.
Also, didn't you say you took 2 courses in Theology? Even though it doesn't interest you? Were they mandatory or something?

Christians don't interest me, their culture (Western Christianity) does. Biblical stories are fascinating, the theological arguments are fun, and let's not forget about the religious music!

I took them because I wanted to. That's what university is for: learn, learn, and learn! Even about the stuff you don't really care about. :)
Apr 26, 2016 9:48 PM

Apr 2016
Mendelssohn said:
Jelmazmo said:

It's not the Quran I find interesting, its the Muslims I care about. Despite being completely dubious, the bible can be summarized as "hippy bullshit." At least most of it is nice. . . ha ha ha

But holy shit, Muslims? What fascinates me so much about them is the astounding shit they come up with to rationalize with their faith. My favorites are of course the "scientific miracles" of the Quran:

Another interesting thing about it is directed towards "moderates." A lot of Mohammed's (praise be to his name!) military campaigns, assassinations, and beheadings etc were documented by contemporary Muslim sources annnnnnnnd yet, it's a religious of peace. How they arrive at these conclusions amazes me. The Muslim world is fascinating, stupid, but endlessly fascinating.

(May I ask if you are you Muslim? Is that way you praise his name after saying it?)

But doesn't the Qu'ran kind of fit into that interest though? Either way, I understand what you mean now.

And from what I gather, they can justify it by quoting that the Qu'ran is split in two: a peaceful time and a violent time. They of course twist facts either by ignorance or on purpose by stating the peaceful section comes later, but in reality the violent part is after (e.i the later part omits the earlier part). This is the largest justification I have seen thus far "it was war", but they also don't mention that the war started because Muhammad wanted to conquer every single soul on the planet and forcefully convert them or take them as slaves.

Hey...maybe you should start a thread about it. We could maybe see some great discussion about it. I would certainly be interested in reading it. :)

Mendelssohn said:

Christians don't interest me, their culture (Western Christianity) does. Biblical stories are fascinating, the theological arguments are fun, and let's not forget about the religious music!

I took them because I wanted to. That's what university is for: learn, learn, and learn! Even about the stuff you don't really care about. :)

+1

It is why I took up learning about other religions. Knowledge is never a bad thing.

Apr 26, 2016 9:54 PM

Jan 2014
Mendelssohn said:
RedRoseFring said:

Okay. It just seems strange wanting to take something you don't care about. I do wish that I had space to take more electives during my undergrad though.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Apr 26, 2016 9:56 PM
Sep 2012
Jelmazmo said:
Mendelssohn said:

(May I ask if you are you Muslim? Is that way you praise his name after saying it?)

But doesn't the Qu'ran kind of fit into that interest though? Either way, I understand what you mean now.

And from what I gather, they can justify it by quoting that the Qu'ran is split in two: a peaceful time and a violent time. They of course twist facts either by ignorance or on purpose by stating the peaceful section comes later, but in reality the violent part is after (e.i the later part omits the earlier part). This is the largest justification I have seen thus far "it was war", but they also don't mention that the war started because Muhammad wanted to conquer every single soul on the planet and forcefully convert them or take them as slaves.

Hey...maybe you should start a thread about it. We could maybe see some great discussion about it. I would certainly be interested in reading it. :)

Mendelssohn said:

+1

It is why I took up learning about other religions. Knowledge is never a bad thing.

No I'm an atheist, I only praise Mo and Allah because I enjoy it. (Not being sarcastic). Muslims are...just weird man. I mean the Quran itself (from what I've tried to understand) is just a bunch of horseshit to be honest, how an entire region subscribes to this faith is beyond me. That is the real mystery, fuck particle physics.

Everything you said is what makes it fun. I may be studying physics, but I'm pretty damn sure I'll become a satirist in the near future. There is just no bloody way I can accept this "Islamic faith is exempt from criticism" narrative being shoved down our throats here in the Western world. Fuck that.
Apr 26, 2016 10:06 PM

Apr 2016
Mendelssohn said:

No I'm an atheist, I only praise Mo and Allah because I enjoy it. (Not being sarcastic). Muslims are...just weird man. I mean the Quran itself (from what I've tried to understand) is just a bunch of horseshit to be honest, how an entire region subscribes to this faith is beyond me. That is the real mystery, fuck particle physics.

Everything you said is what makes it fun. I may be studying physics, but I'm pretty damn sure I'll become a satirist in the near future. There is just no bloody way I can accept this "Islamic faith is exempt from criticism" narrative being shoved down our throats here in the Western world. Fuck that.

Huh...that's new! l have never seen an atheist that dislikes the faith praise him. You think it is horseshit from what you have read? You should read the entire thing. It says some really twisted stuff in it. I know the other Abrahamic religions have their crazy stuff in it but the Qu'ran...it is beyond crazy.

It condones sexual acts on children and babies, slaves and that if a wife refuses you, beat her back with a whip until she submits. If she refuses still, force her to sleep in the "living room". It also says that when you go to hell your skin blackens like the "black men", whom it also states is the Muslims' best slave (paraphrasing). It claims to be connected to Christianity/the other faiths but it screws up in mentioning several large aspects of the other faiths, like mixing Mary up (claiming she was 1,500 years old when she gave birth to Jesus lol) and a lot of other stuff.

Now put the ahadith into the mix and your head will spin. lol

Nor will I. No one has ever successfully shut me up about Islam to this day. It is not a religion of peace and it will receive criticism for what it teaches its people. SJWs and the like be damned.

(start that thread and I'll jump in instantly if you want. :P )

Apr 26, 2016 10:11 PM

Sep 2013
Mendelssohn said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum

The first explicit references to the holy trinity happened during the 4th century. Authenticity of the passage can further be argued against considering its completely absent from early scriptures.

Interesting. Guess that's one of the benefits of having so many manuscripts available. By cross examining the numerous versions, you can identify the alternations. Despite the best intentions, errors can creep in. And the example you mention appears to be one. But given the age of the text, it's pretty remarkable that it has managed to remain as consistent as it has.

RedRoseFring said:
Mendelssohn said:

That little tidbit you mention at the start is also interestingly one of the biggest reasons why many do believe it. A conglomeration of authors over extended time periods with messages and prophecies that find their fulfillment 100s of years after the fact (in some cases). Truly fascinating stuff.

The Rose answered it.

And weren't both Matthew and John eyewitnesses to at least some of the events surrounding Jesus?
Apr 26, 2016 10:14 PM
Sep 2012
Jelmazmo said:
Mendelssohn said:

Huh...that's new! l have never seen an atheist that dislikes the faith praise him. You think it is horseshit from what you have read? You should read the entire thing. It says some really twisted stuff in it. I know the other Abrahamic religions have their crazy stuff in it but the Qu'ran...it is beyond crazy.

It condones sexual acts on children and babies, slaves and that if a wife refuses you, beat her back with a whip until she submits. If she refuses still, force her to sleep in the "living room". It also says that when you go to hell your skin blackens like the "black men", whom it also states is the Muslims' best slave (paraphrasing). It claims to be connected to Christianity/the other faiths but it screws up in mentioning several large aspects of the other faiths, like mixing Mary up (claiming she was 1,500 years old when she gave birth to Jesus lol) and a lot of other stuff.

Now put the ahadith into the mix and your head will spin. lol

Nor will I. No one has ever successfully shut me up about Islam to this day. It is not a religion of peace and it will receive criticism for what it teaches its people. SJWs and the like be damned.

(start that thread and I'll jump in instantly if you want. :P )

I'm not particularly concerned with SJWs, I'm concerned with politicians that not only accept it but also enable this sort of behavior. The idea that religious beliefs are somehow "purer" than other ideologies and should thus be automatically respected isn't new, but we still make fun of it! With Islam it's a different case. In liberal ideology (to paraphrase Bill Maher, even though I'm not a fan) it is the utmost importance that we criticize intolerant beliefs but somehow, Islam is exempt from this?

But that's not truly worrying. It's the international outrage within and outside the Western world we get from criticizing Islam. Have you read about the Danish Jyllands cartoon crisis? Danish Muslims actually being a part of protests, some of them violent, because of cartoons! CARTOONS! And this is in Europe? I think that our willingness to accept this kind of behavior from ALL sides is what's fucking worrying.
Apr 26, 2016 10:16 PM

Jan 2014
Skeleturtle said:

The Rose answered it.

And weren't both Matthew and John eyewitnesses to at least some of the events surrounding Jesus?

The Gospel of Matthew is presumed to be written after Matthew's death though, so it isn't directly written by him as with John.

From what I know, John is the only decisively confirmed direct eyewitness, although Jesus' brother James would also count, but he didn't follow Jesus around like the disciples.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Apr 26, 2016 10:21 PM

Apr 2016
Mendelssohn said:

I'm not particularly concerned with SJWs, I'm concerned with politicians that not only accept it but also enable this sort of behavior. The idea that religious beliefs are somehow "purer" than other ideologies and should thus be automatically respected isn't new, but we still make fun of it! With Islam it's a different case. In liberal ideology (to paraphrase Bill Maher, even though I'm not a fan) it is the utmost importance that we criticize intolerant beliefs but somehow, Islam is exempt from this?

But that's not truly worrying. It's the international outrage within and outside the Western world we get from criticizing Islam. Have you read about the Danish Jyllands cartoon crisis? Danish Muslims actually being a part of protests, some of them violent, because of cartoons! CARTOONS! And this is in Europe? I think that our willingness to accept this kind of behavior from ALL sides is what's fucking worrying.

The SJW people also think Islam is off limits and want to enforce it everywhere they can. And while I also do not like Bill or agree with most of what he says, I can agree on that. You know people actually call him a "racist" when he criticizes Islam? It is ridiculous! If a religion is telling you to rape a child or your wife, or that they mean less than a donkey, it needs to be discussed, especially when it is being praised as a "religion of peace".

I have no heard about it, actually. I'll google it now but it doesn't surprise me at all. They do it all the time. South Park tried it twice, each time they were threatened with bloody death. The one time they were about to do it, the channel censored it yet allowed them to depict Jesus and other religious figures however they pleased.

I do find it worrying that we hide it or accept, because sooner or later that part we are hiding or accepting is going to cross the sea and bite us on the ass in the worst way possible...

Apr 26, 2016 10:29 PM
Sep 2012
Jelmazmo said:
Mendelssohn said:

The SJW people also think Islam is off limits and want to enforce it everywhere they can. And while I also do not like Bill or agree with most of what he says, I can agree on that. You know people actually call him a "racist" when he criticizes Islam? It is ridiculous! If a religion is telling you to rape a child or your wife, or that they mean less than a donkey, it needs to be discussed, especially when it is being praised as a "religion of peace".

I have no heard about it, actually. I'll google it now but it doesn't surprise me at all. They do it all the time. South Park tried it twice, each time they were threatened with bloody death. The one time they were about to do it, the channel censored it yet allowed them to depict Jesus and other religious figures however they pleased.

I do find it worrying that we hide it or accept, because sooner or later that part we are hiding or accepting is going to cross the sea and bite us on the ass in the worst way possible...

That seems to be main rhetoric in the West and everywhere else, from Islamists to liberal Westerners: conflating criticism with Islamophobia and racism.

The Danish crisis, and several other incidents in places like the Netherlands or France showcase a really terrible reality: that it's not only the foreigners, but our own citizens that are advocating beliefs of intolerance. It is truly saddening when I read about Ayaan Ali having to frequently change housing while she was in the Netherlands because of the actual danger of being killed for being a critic of Islam. Or Van Gogh being murdered by a Dutch-Muslim...

Sad state of affairs. :/
Apr 28, 2016 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
Regardless, the Bible is historical and makes reference to many historical figures and events in history. The point is the message behind it and trusting it. It is faith based, btw.
Some things can never be forgotten.

ll Truth Seeker ll ll Gift from Leo ll Gift from Kasumi ll ll
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

9 by 0arche »»
22 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

15 by traed »»
24 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

14 by traed »»
28 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 12 hours ago

25 by Kikugi »»
2 hours ago

» What do you think about tourism in your country?

Sad - 2 hours ago

2 by Sad »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.