Forum Settings
Forums

Different chapter discussion posts for different formats of manga

New
Apr 25, 2016 2:49 AM

Oct 2012
Is it possible to implement a different chapter discussion posts for the different formats? Right now if a series has 2 different publishing formats aka a tankoubon version and another version, I'd like to be able to start a different chapter discussion thread since the chapter count will be different between those 2.

In case you do not understand me, let me quote an example:

The Mangabox version of the manga Koi to Uso has already hit 80+ chapters. But the tankoubon version published by Kodansha is has only 14 chapters.

Since I read Kodansha's version, I won't know what the Kodansha's chapter correspond to the Mangabox version. Besides since Kodansha's version is gonna have a lot more content in one chapter, it'll be impossible to discuss about the story in the current situation. It's frustrating how right now there is no way to deal with this since the chapter discussion checkbox does not allow for a duplicate when different format exist. I'd like if we can start a chapter discussion thread for the different formats available. So like to say one can have "XX Chapter 1 discussion(YY)" and we can also have "XX Chapter 1 discussion(ZZ)", where YY and ZZ represent the different formats the manga have.

I don't know if format is the right word but I think people should be able to get what I mean with the example I cited above.

Can this be done?
JiharoApr 25, 2016 8:39 PM
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Apr 26, 2016 3:55 PM

Jan 2010
Isn't "tankoubon" is a volume that consist of several chapters together? Or am I missing something?
Apr 26, 2016 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
Whiterock said:
Isn't "tankoubon" is a volume that consist of several chapters together? Or am I missing something?

Not really. It's more of a standalone version of what is normally produced in magazines. Because of this, tankoubon copies of a manga tend to have larger content per chapter. As you can see my example, the tankoubon 14 chapters of Koi to Uso is able to match the content with mangabox version of 80+ chapters so it isn't just a volume that consist of several chapters together.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Apr 30, 2016 5:02 AM

Oct 2012
So.........how is it?

I haven't have any update and FAQ mentioned I can post here again and ask.

So can this be implemented?
Apr 30, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
@Jiharo
It takes time up to (3 - 9) years . So it wasn't just days.
And we don't even know if the dev team reads each thread here.
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 30, 2016 9:51 AM

Oct 2012
Rayzer said:
@Jiharo
It takes time up to (3 - 9) years . So it wasn't just days.
And we don't even know if the dev team reads each thread here.

I know it takes time.

I just want an acknowledgement. That's what the locked post says anyways, that Xinil himself will read.

I don't need it to be implemented now. Just a reply if it's feasible or not is enough.
Apr 30, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2014
@Jiharo
Have you seen Xinil or the DB Admins replying on every thread?
Only 3 out 10 threads gets response from the dev team.
And most of it are being locked or waived.
Apr 30, 2016 10:25 AM

Oct 2012
Rayzer said:
@Jiharo
Have you seen Xinil or the DB Admins replying on every thread?
Only 3 out 10 threads gets response from the dev team.
And most of it are being locked or waived.

I was told by a forum mod to post here, so I just did.

Else I'd have PM'd him or something.

I don't think what I ask is unreasonable though. I'll see what my options are before I bug the DB Admins directly.
Apr 30, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
Jiharo said:
I don't think what I ask is unreasonable though.

Same goes for the other suggestion threads by different users which had been buried and forgotten for years.
Jiharo said:
I was told by a forum mod to post here, so I just did.
Else I'd have PM'd him or something.
I'll see what my options are before I bug the DB Admins directly.
Then that's not suggesting. That's already demanding. Seriously you just posted this 3 days ago.
And you are bumping this up even it's still on the first page? What's the rush mate?

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
11 hours ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.