Forum Settings
Forums

Ted Cruz and John Kasich team up to block Trump the Republican nomination

New
Apr 24, 2016 10:03 PM

Apr 2014
Source.

The fact that both Cruz and Kasich have mathematically impossible odds to cinch the nomination of their own accords with Trump's recent victory in New York, an impromptu alliance of this sort seemed like the best alternative.
If you can't beat Trump to the 1,237 delegates needed for the nomination, the next best thing to do is make sure he can't reach it either. Kasich never had a ghost of a chance of winning and Cruz was never more than the best 2nd place finisher.
Can their combined efforts finally stump the Trump though? Find out next time on American Politics Z.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 24, 2016 10:30 PM

Apr 2016
I'd rather vote a sack of animal droppings into office than Cruz.

Out of Republican selection with the likelihood of winning, Trump is the best choice. The others are just too extreme with their religion and false conservative values to ever become this nation's president. If they do, we'll be seeing gay conversion camps, forced religion on people, and the further regression of the poor class.

(Make sure you keep us updated on APZ OP!)

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
Apr 25, 2016 12:33 AM

Dec 2012
Losers licking eachother's wounds. Pure gold considering he was badgering Kasich to drop out back when he still had the possibility of winning. Now he needs to follow his own advice. Staying when he can't win is just going to divide the GOP, Mr. Unite.

He holds that Bible up high, his Canadian birth certificate sticking out, and then he puts it down and he LIES. What a liar. Lyin' Ted.
ZekkenshinApr 25, 2016 12:36 AM
Apr 25, 2016 1:57 AM

Mar 2008
Someone should try to make Hillary be disqualified as well
Apr 25, 2016 3:17 AM

Apr 2015
Trump is a threat to humanity.
#CHEXIT
Apr 25, 2016 3:20 AM
Mar 2011
Imeon said:

cruz is even worse than trump
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 25, 2016 3:22 AM

Apr 2015
DateYutaka said:

Who said I like Cruz better?
#CHEXIT
Apr 25, 2016 5:45 AM

Jan 2014
Say what you will about this presidential election, but it is certainly the most entertaining.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 25, 2016 5:50 AM

Apr 2016
oh piss off ted cruz u sore looser
Apr 25, 2016 8:05 AM

Nov 2008
traed said:

The FBI should hurry up with their investigation so she can be disqualified.

Jelmazmo said:
I'd rather vote a sack of animal droppings into office than Cruz.

Out of Republican selection with the likelihood of winning, Trump is the best choice. The others are just too extreme with their religion and false conservative values to ever become this nation's president. If they do, we'll be seeing gay conversion camps, forced religion on people, and the further regression of the poor class.

(Make sure you keep us updated on APZ OP!)

Cruz won't even get the chance to force religion on people or make gay conversion camps, he'll be falling in line with the usual GOP ideals and not the extreme ideals. Only Trump has a chance of his tyranny becoming a reality.

Apr 25, 2016 1:14 PM

Mar 2008
DateYutaka said:
Imeon said:

On which subject are you thinking of?
Apr 25, 2016 1:16 PM
Mar 2011
traed said:
DateYutaka said:

hes theocrat for one from what iv herd he i favor of bibical law
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 25, 2016 1:41 PM

Mar 2008
DateYutaka said:
traed said:

hes theocrat for one from what iv herd he i favor of bibical law

Trump wanted to make it so churches could sponsor and fund candidates. So he may or may not do similar.
Apr 25, 2016 2:00 PM

Apr 2016
Hoppy said:

Cruz won't even get the chance to force religion on people or make gay conversion camps, he'll be falling in line with the usual GOP ideals and not the extreme ideals. Only Trump has a chance of his tyranny becoming a reality.

You are joking, right? Cruz only has extreme ideals... I haven't seen Trump declare anti-gay or non-Christian sentiments and other extreme views comparable to what Cruz has said or verbally endorsed.

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
Apr 26, 2016 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
I'd rather another republican that wasn't Trump end up with the nom so this nightmare ends
not that I would vote for any of them, but I want Trump shelved where he rightfully belongs
He actually seems like a threat with his way of thinking, comparatively most "MUH GOD" conservatives are just pricks, but at least they're not actual time bombs waiting to explode and plunge is into another war
Apr 28, 2016 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
Eh, it's a stupid ploy even if it's the only one. Trump can exploit the incident in favor of all of his ideas about how the system is corrupt with this, but of course, he went to bashing on Twitter, lol.
Apr 28, 2016 8:46 PM

Jan 2009
the only decent republican presidential candidate is Rand Paul but he is out of the race now

but among this 3 remaining candidates i will choose Kasich since he is the lesser evil out of the 3 options
Apr 28, 2016 9:44 PM

Mar 2012
They are going down. Trump will be the future POTUS.
Apr 28, 2016 10:37 PM

Feb 2015
Imeon said:

What I love about the U.S. election is watching people who hate Trump continually spout flaccid empty low-energy rhetoric. Every time someone calls Trump a racist or a bigot or whatever other insult, all you need to do to leave them stumped is to ask them what it was that he specifically said that was so bad.

Looks like it'll be Trump vs. Hillary. If it was Trump vs. Bernie then it would have been funnier but less dramatic. Because it's going to be Trump vs. Hillary, the stakes are genuinely high. Hillary is as corrupt as they come.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Apr 28, 2016 10:46 PM

Jan 2009
Caelidesu said:
Imeon said:

What I love about the U.S. election is watching people who hate Trump continually spout flaccid empty low-energy rhetoric. Every time someone calls Trump a racist or a bigot or whatever other insult, all you need to do to leave them stumped is to ask them what it was that he specifically said that was so bad.

if that is the case then why the Trump supporters do the better way and thats explaining platform/plans of Trump and how it will be good because his plans like lowering taxes for everyone will only benefit more the rich, its once again the tried and failed Trickle Down Economics of the Republicans, funny that Trumps will lower the taxes for everyone and that will reduce the budget of the government but at the same time he wants to spend a lot on infrastructure projects like building better bridges, airports since he is jealous of other rich countries airports well where will he get the money for that now? and also he promise to remove all the debt of Murica how will he achieve that when he will lower the taxes more?
Apr 28, 2016 10:54 PM

Feb 2015
j0x said:
Caelidesu said:

if that is the case then why the Trump supporters do the better way and thats explaining platform/plans of Trump and how it will be good because his plans like lowering taxes for everyone will only benefit more the rich, its once again the tried and failed Trickle Down Economics of the Republicans, funny that Trumps will lower the taxes for everyone and that will reduce the budget of the government but at the same time he wants to spend a lot on infrastructure projects like building better bridges, airports since he is jealous of other rich countries airports well where will he get the money for that now? and also he promise to remove all the debt of Murica how will he achieve that when he will lower the taxes more?

Do you want to try that again, but this time without throwing a whole heap of different questions and assertions into a giant run-on sentence?

Apr 28, 2016 11:19 PM

Jan 2009
Caelidesu said:
j0x said:

Do you want to try that again, but this time without throwing a whole heap of different questions and assertions into a giant run-on sentence?

sorry my english is poor but i think its understandable enough anyway, the short version of that is his plan to lower taxes that will lower the budget of the government is contradicting to his other plans like paying for the debt of USA and his massive infrastructure projects

i will add on the foreign policy that he said yesterday, Trump will always go "America First" he said so he implies to be isolationist there and if the allies of USA wants military protection from USA then he wants them to pay a lot as though USA will become hired body guards and that may cause a lot of problems in the long run, sure a lot of people do not like USA for being the world police but more people rely on USA military to fight terrorism and extremism so if suddenly USA will be out of the world police role then ambitious countries like North Korea and China might secretly build up their military power and strike when the time is right so i bet that will be more chaotic for the whole world
Apr 28, 2016 11:42 PM

Feb 2015
j0x said:
Caelidesu said:

sorry my english is poor but i think its understandable enough anyway

The problem is that you don't separate out your ideas with full stops. Because of that, it becomes difficult to respond to. For example, your latest spiel begins with a claim about isolationism but then immediately continues on for a long time afterwards discussing potential ramifications and eventually transitions to downright unrelated topics.

j0x said:
i will add on the foreign policy that he said yesterday, Trump will always go "America First" he said so he implies to be isolationist there and if the allies of USA wants military protection from USA then he wants them to pay a lot as though USA will become hired body guards and that may cause a lot of problems in the long run, sure a lot of people do not like USA for being the world police but more people rely on USA military to fight terrorism and extremism so if suddenly USA will be out of the world police role then ambitious countries like North Korea and China might secretly build up their military power and strike when the time is right so i bet that will be more chaotic for the whole world

I kept your initial claim then crossed out your rampant speculation. If the U.S. keeps its paws out of places like Iraq it will no longer need to waste the insane amounts of money it spends on its military presence there, which, combined with new infrastructure projects and shale gas, will allow America's economy to pick up very easily. Your stuff about 'becoming hired bodyguards causing problems' doesn't make any sense, by the way. You just sort of claim that some sort of vague problems will arise. What problems?

Apr 29, 2016 12:07 AM

Jan 2009
@Caelidesu

you dismiss the shorter version of my previous questions to you

as for the second paragraph i will not bother anymore then since im poor at articulating myself ever since i got mentally sick, i thought that because you are intelligent you can ignore my poor english and focus on the contents of what im saying, but looks like you want me to be good at the english language first which is impossible for me
Apr 29, 2016 12:45 AM

Feb 2015
j0x said:
@Caelidesu

as for the second paragraph i will not bother anymore then since im poor at articulating myself ever since i got mentally sick, i thought that because you are intelligent you can ignore my poor english and focus on the contents of what im saying, but looks like you want me to be good at the english language first which is impossible for me

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude.

Funnily enough, I accidentally answered your questions in my last response anyway. Retaining military presence in so many war-torn countries costs a LOT of money. Huge amounts. We're definitely talking about at the very least billions.

Apr 29, 2016 12:46 AM

Jul 2013
traed said:

she's being investigated, hopefully she'll get removed based on the likely outcome.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Apr 29, 2016 12:50 AM

Jan 2009
Caelidesu said:
j0x said:
@Caelidesu

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude.

Funnily enough, I accidentally answered your questions in my last response anyway. Retaining military presence in so many war-torn countries costs a LOT of money. Huge amounts. We're definitely talking about at the very least billions.

no problem

ok i will reread your previous post again but can you tell me what plans of Donald Trump make you support him? because to me his constant flip-flopping on issues as well as the contradiction to his tax plans and paying for national debt for example make it seem he is not even thinking rationally about those, and now his foreign policy of "America First" which is sending fears to every USA allies out there according to news
Apr 29, 2016 1:02 AM

Apr 2015
Caelidesu said:
Imeon said:

What I love about the U.S. election is watching people who hate Trump continually spout flaccid empty low-energy rhetoric.

LOL, that's a matter of personal opinions of yours. I've seen and heard a lot of people speaking against Trump in the news even from the start of the campaign, You simply address what I said as "spout flaccid empty low-energy rhetoric", then ok, who gives a f*ck anyway. But to cite "people who hate Trump continually spout flaccid empty low-energy rhetoric" kinda implies that you have a problem about thinking way too high about yourself.

If Murica goes from bad to worst, don't point fingers because it's Trump and his provocative policies.
#CHEXIT
Apr 29, 2016 1:03 AM

Feb 2015
j0x said:
can you tell me what plans of Donald Trump make you support him?

What plans? Mainly his policy of stopping illegal immigration. That alone will make a huge difference to the country. Australia's had a hard-line policy on illegal immigration for some time, and that alone has done wonders for standard of living.

j0x said:
because to me his constant flip-flopping on issues

Only on relatively unimportant issues (his campaign is mainly about stopping illegal immigration, which he's never budged about), and even then, compared to Hillary he's as stable as they come.

j0x said:
contradiction to his tax plans and paying for national debt for example make it seem he is not even thinking rationally about those

As I said, curbing military spending should make up for that shortfall, although it's difficult to crunch the numbers without doing a lot of further research.

j0x said:
and now his foreign policy of "America First" which is sending fears to every USA allies out there according to news

Lots of people in Australia and in Europe love Trump and hope he makes it into office. The news you speak of is the same news that only a year ago was calling Trump a 'joke candidate' and openly mocking him. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

Apr 29, 2016 1:10 AM

Feb 2015
Imeon said:
Caelidesu said:

What I love about the U.S. election is watching people who hate Trump continually spout flaccid empty low-energy rhetoric.

LOL, that's a matter of personal opinions of yours. I've seen and heard a lot of people speaking against Trump in the news even from the start of the campaign, You simply address what I said as "spout flaccid empty low-energy rhetoric", then ok, who gives a f*ck anyway. But to cite "people who hate Trump continually spout flaccid empty low-energy rhetoric" kinda implies that you have a problem about thinking way too high about yourself.

Hah, I'm sure I do, but there are also a lot of people who do quite literally spout flaccid empty rhetoric such as 'Trump is a bigot', 'Trump is racist', 'Trump is a threat to humanity', 'Trump hates Mexicans', etc.
I was being a little superfluous to say both 'flaccid' and 'low-energy', but the point is that most arguments against Trump tend to be those sorts of offhand dismissals of the character of what they imagine him to be like.

Imeon said:
If Murica goes from bad to worst, don't point fingers because it's Trump and his provocative policies.

Correlation =/= causation, but I'll blame Trump for any mistakes or poor decisions he makes, sure.

Apr 29, 2016 1:37 AM

Jan 2009
Caelidesu said:
j0x said:
can you tell me what plans of Donald Trump make you support him?

What plans? Mainly his policy of stopping illegal immigration. That alone will make a huge difference to the country. Australia's had a hard-line policy on illegal immigration for some time, and that alone has done wonders for standard of living.

so just his immigration plan/policy the? thats kinda odd since you did not consider other economic effects of his other plans, its on this site anyway https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

Caelidesu said:

j0x said:
because to me his constant flip-flopping on issues

Only on relatively unimportant issues (his campaign is mainly about stopping illegal immigration, which he's never budged about), and even then, compared to Hillary he's as stable as they come.

i agree that Hilary is a liar but Trump's constant flip-flopping on issues even trivial ones make him dangerous since damage can be done already when he do executive orders that will make him regret it later and make a lot of people suffer, he needs more time and critical thinking to form a plan first before he executes it since he is the most powerful man if elected president of USA

Caelidesu said:

j0x said:
contradiction to his tax plans and paying for national debt for example make it seem he is not even thinking rationally about those

As I said, curbing military spending should make up for that shortfall, although it's difficult to crunch the numbers without doing a lot of further research.

quick googling shows this
600 billion dollars per year on military spending https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/02/09/this-remarkable-chart-shows-how-u-s-defense-spending-dwarfs-the-rest-of-the-world/
19 trillion dollars national debt as of 2016 http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35974537

even if he allocate 500 billion military spending to pay for the national debt of USA it will take him decades to pay for that debt like an average of 40 years to pay that national debt, but Trump promise he will eliminate the debt within 8 years only which does not make sense

Caelidesu said:

j0x said:
and now his foreign policy of "America First" which is sending fears to every USA allies out there according to news

Lots of people in Australia and in Europe love Trump and hope he makes it into office. The news you speak of is the same news that only a year ago was calling Trump a 'joke candidate' and openly mocking him. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

well the news is about political leaders being concerned about his foreign policy of "America First" and not ordinary citizens that supports Trump
Apr 29, 2016 1:49 AM

Feb 2015
j0x said:
Caelidesu said:

so just his immigration plan/policy the? thats kinda odd since you did not consider other economic effects of his other plans, its on this site anyway https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

Didn't consider? Don't be rude. What I'm saying is that's the issue that matters most. The others are just a bonus.

j0x said:
Caelidesu said:

i agree that Hilary is a liar but Trump's constant flip-flopping on issues even trivial ones make him dangerous since damage can be done already when he do executive orders that will make him regret it later and make a lot of people suffer, he needs more time and critical thinking to form a plan first before he executes it since he is the most powerful man if elected president of USA

You're worried that Trump is 'flip-flopping' on issues, but Hillary is significantly worse in that regard. If your sole critereon for electing a candidate was that they didn't 'flip-flop' on issues, then you'd be voting for Trump and not Hillary.

j0x said:

600 billion dollars per year on military spending https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/02/09/this-remarkable-chart-shows-how-u-s-defense-spending-dwarfs-the-rest-of-the-world/
19 trillion dollars national debt as of 2016 http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35974537

even if he allocate 500 billion military spending to pay for the national debt of USA it will take him decades to pay for that debt like an average of 40 years to pay that national debt, but Trump promise he will eliminate the debt within 8 years only which does not make sense

When did he make that claim? I've never heard that claim before and it doesn't matter. What matters isn't paying off the national debt in a single term, but continually lowering it. His tax reform REALLY hurts the rich, so that'll be another source of income.

j0x said:
Caelidesu said:

well the news is about political leaders being concerned about his foreign policy of "America First" and not ordinary citizens that supports Trump

Of course some political leaders are concerned about Trump. Those political leaders paid for Hillary.

Apr 29, 2016 2:01 AM

Apr 2010
Putin and his new haircut disapprove that coalition.

Apr 29, 2016 2:03 AM

Jan 2009
Caelidesu said:

Didn't consider? Don't be rude. What I'm saying is that's the issue that matters most. The others are just a bonus.

ok i did not mean to be rude there, language barrier strikes again for me

Caelidesu said:

You're worried that Trump is 'flip-flopping' on issues, but Hillary is significantly worse in that regard. If your sole critereon for electing a candidate was that they didn't 'flip-flop' on issues, then you'd be voting for Trump and not Hillary.

if im an american voter i will vote for Bernie Sanders, i will not consider Hilary and Trump
Caelidesu said:

j0x said:

When did he make that claim? I've never heard that claim before and it doesn't matter. What matters isn't paying off the national debt in a single term, but continually lowering it. His tax reform REALLY hurts the rich, so that'll be another source of income.

its the second link i posted earlier
it says this - US election: Could Trump really cut the US $19tn debt in eight years? http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35974537

and nah his tax reform will help the rich, look at the graphs on this article analyzing each tax reforms of the candidates
http://www.vox.com/2016/3/19/11265394/president-candidates-taxes-trump

Caelidesu said:

Of course some political leaders are concerned about Trump. Those political leaders paid for Hillary.

im against Hilary too but i never heard about foreign leaders paying Hilary, the rich businesses do sure pay Hilary though
Apr 29, 2016 3:02 AM

Feb 2015
j0x said:
Caelidesu said:

im against Hilary too but i never heard about foreign leaders paying Hilary, the rich businesses do sure pay Hilary though

Funny story about that. Saudi Arabia in particular has donated over $10 million dollars to the Clinton foundation, including a large payment in 2014 specifically to help out with Hillary's campaign.

Apr 29, 2016 3:09 AM

Jan 2009
Caelidesu said:
j0x said:

Funny story about that. Saudi Arabia in particular has donated over $10 million dollars to the Clinton foundation, including a large payment in 2014 specifically to help out with Hillary's campaign.

thats more reason to hate her
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.