Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2016 3:15 PM

Sep 2009
An anime anathema to you not because of how universally bad it is (aka Mars of Destruction), but how it stands for things that are horrible and incomprehensible to you in particular.
For me, it's Lucky Star. Because I can't stand annoying Chibi loli JKs NEETing their life away in the most mindnumblingly braindead ways possible. Or the eardrum-piercing screeching that is the opening theme. It makes me want to shoot them all, and then shoot myself.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2013
I dont have one in particular that I dont like but I heavily despise most of the anime that are full of shit like ecchi, harems, loli etc. Shit like that is everywhere and makes anime look like its for animals who live in their mothers basement.
These anime drag the attention away from anime that dont rely on methods of getting your penis/vag wet. If I were to name one anime:

Fuck To LOVE Ru
I have no idea how to set a signature

Apr 21, 2016 4:16 PM

Mar 2016
Nagi No Asakura irritates me on all levels.
I found it impossible to enjoy FMAB. I suppose rather than an anti-thesis it's more like complete dissonance.
Same for D. Gray Man.

A perfect example would be Heavens Feel but it hasn't aired yet.
OduduwaApr 21, 2016 4:23 PM
Apr 21, 2016 4:47 PM

Dec 2015
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.
It has two things I despise about anime, sibling relationships (even if an anime then pull the, we're not related card it's still annoying), and the repetition of the same word, for example Onii-sama. It may sound silly but it just got on my nerves hearing the heroine say that every minute she is on screen
Apr 21, 2016 4:59 PM

Apr 2015
Ecchi In anime where it's not actually the focus; all of them.

I don't have a particular antithesis anime, just two anime that I really like but are generally highly controversial.
Apr 21, 2016 5:03 PM

Nov 2008
Any show that tries to beat into the viewer's head "RAPE IS LOVE" utterly disgusts and offends me to no end. Two titles come to mind and I've ranted about them enough in the past. lol

Apr 21, 2016 5:05 PM

Mar 2012
Bokuisatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan because there are no thing that it didn't do offensively.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 21, 2016 5:06 PM

Sep 2015
Black Bullet. Took a somewhat interesting concept and buried it in the ground so hard. Like seriously, who thought a loli harem was a good idea?
Apr 21, 2016 5:14 PM

Nov 2008
NeoAnkara said:
Bokuisatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan because there are no thing that it didn't do offensively.

Very true. But that was also the reason I enjoyed it so much. XD

Like seriously, who thought a loli harem was a good idea?

Everyone who likes lolis thought it was a good idea, I bet. :D

Apr 21, 2016 5:27 PM

Sep 2015
Chiibi said:
NeoAnkara said:

Like seriously, who thought a loli harem was a good idea?

I have nothing but frustration for it xD
Apr 21, 2016 5:33 PM
Apr 2015
I may or may not get my shit tossed for dissing an anime that's held in high regard, but here goes...

Your Lie in April, because it tried to victimize 12-year-olds then turn them into philosophers. Seriously how do you even think of 12-year-olds spouting life-lessons nonsense?

The writer victimized the characters using cheap tricks such as mental trauma, parental abuse, terminal illness (which are nothing new or convincing) but I can't even see them as victims because they were so entitled on basically every other aspects of life (Kousei was super wealthy, Kaori were upperclass-ish, with parental and friends' support, went to good school, had guidance from teachers and such).

On the psychological level, nothing made sense especially how Kousei's trauma was dealt with, or how he lived with his trauma, or the trauma itself. The more I study psychology the more I'm convinced that the writer knows absolutely nothing about how the human mind works, and that he arbitrarily decided how Kousei acts for the sake of melodrama, disgusting slapstick comedy. You don't get rid of someone's trauma by forcing him to relive his trauma, that's how he gets nervous breakdowns and commit suicide (or goes on a murderous rampage).

Another thing I truly despised is how the writer simply disregarded Kousei's father's existence by saying "he's busy with work". You have a wife who died and left behind a physically, mentally damaged kid who's traumatized for life, but hey you know, gotta make those $$$ and get promoted. This is an epitome of horrible and lazy writing that utterly ruined a potentially good story.

In all, Your lie in April is the antithesis of all anime of mine.
Apr 21, 2016 5:37 PM

Mar 2015
Shameless bishounen in romance anime. I really cant stand this stuff.
This salad is salty favored
Apr 21, 2016 5:40 PM

Nov 2008
amk_2397 said:
Chiibi said:

Well.....I admit, that's a little ridiculous.

omg Moss, what did the laptop do to make you THROW it like that hahahaha XD

Your Lie in April, because it tried to victimize 12-year-olds then turn them into philosophers. Seriously how do you even think of 12-year-olds spouting life-lessons nonsense?

I really like shows about kids that age....but yeah, they should act like kids. 12-year-olds are still naive beings....so if they're preaching about super mature stuff, it feels unrealistic and silly.

Apr 21, 2016 5:46 PM

Sep 2015
Chiibi said:
amk_2397 said:

I really like shows about kids that age....but yeah, they should act like kids. 12-year-olds are still naive beings....so if they're preaching about super mature stuff, it feels unrealistic and silly.
Wasn't he 14 when he started getting all preachy? But yeah totally agree. The fact that the show tries to present the mom in a sympathizing image because 'she just wanted her son to be the best' doesn't exactly forgive child beating.
Apr 21, 2016 5:47 PM
Sep 2011
I think the fact that my most favorite anime is Cardcaptor Sakura, and my least favorite is Madoka Magica says all that it needs to. The latter is pretty much the complete antithesis of the former.

In general, dark and nihilistic "deconstruction" anime such as Bokurano and Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku are completely off-putting to me, especially when they do nothing but try to be shocking and messed up for the sake of manipulating the viewer's emotions, without really making any statements other than "the world is cruel".
Apr 21, 2016 6:12 PM

Nov 2008
amk_2397 said:
Chiibi said:

Wasn't he 14 when he started getting all preachy? But yeah totally agree. The fact that the show tries to present the mom in a sympathizing image because 'she just wanted her son to be the best' doesn't exactly forgive child beating.

Idk, I didn't actually watch Shigatsu because I was spoiled on everything that happens. XD
14 is still a little young to be giving words of wisdom. lol

Apr 21, 2016 6:15 PM
Duck Overlord

Mar 2016
I'm going to get a lot of hate for this: Pokemon

I hate the fact that it seems to have no point, and it's only main "point" is to become the best, which is damn selfish. Plus the fact that they never seem to get anything done, and when they do, it really has no impact on whatever the hell their mission is. The characters never grow up and never seem to learn anything.

Which is why Digimon will always be better in my eyes. They have a point, they get things done, they learn things, and they grow better because of it.

It may have come out after Pokemon, but it did a damn better job.
(Extensive research reveals that Pokemon did indeed come first, but that does not mean Digimon is a rip-off. It is based off of a handheld game thing. SO THERE.)
"The moment you think of giving up, think of the reason you held on so long." - Natsu Dragneel

"Now I see more and understand less." - Taichi Yagami
Apr 21, 2016 6:17 PM

Jul 2011
The harem and ecchi genres.

If you talk about something specific then i guess that i will go with Elfen Lied
Apr 21, 2016 6:18 PM

Dec 2015
himouto umaru-chan bugs the shit out of me and i think the little girl is a disgusting little rat i hate it so much

i will never bring myself to watch that garbage, i have pretty low standards as it is but that is the bottom of the pot
it REALLY disgusts me and i instantly get pissed when it's mentioned or i see it in my feed
Apr 21, 2016 6:29 PM

Apr 2015
Aldnoah.Zero.

A very recent example of how horrible mecha anime has become. I can't even call it mecha. I don't even want to think about it.

Either that or all the Fate/ series.

RLinksoul said:
without really making any statements other than "the world is cruel".

That's a pretty good statement for an anime to make—if we're considering depth. Haven't seen Madoka, but I have seen Berserk. Nihlistic predestination as a story is a splendid challenge to the viewer's predisposed beliefs about free will, purpose, and value.
InducedPhobiaApr 21, 2016 6:38 PM
Apr 21, 2016 6:41 PM

Sep 2015
Chiibi said:
amk_2397 said:

Idk, I didn't actually watch Shigatsu because I was spoiled on everything that happens. XD
14 is still a little young to be giving words of wisdom. lol
Yeah that's one of the reasons why I believe Sound! Euphonium is a better music drama then Your Lie in April. It's drama doesn't have to rely on a lot of 'melodramatic' moments.
Apr 21, 2016 6:45 PM

Sep 2013
"A Certain Magical/Scientific Index/Railgun" series. It's literally just pedophilia, something I am so vehemently against.
@mamster-P can we please let that gif die in a fire. I mean, if you're gonna use an image for a post, at least make it entertaining FFS.
Apr 21, 2016 6:47 PM

Nov 2015
NeoAnkara said:

I can't help but agree.
There's offensive that can be laughed at and played off as a joke, and there's absolutely traumatizing..
Took me more than a couple of months to get through those 4 episodes of horror.

@Tentology honestly as a person that liked shigatsu, I do agree.
That was some pretty iffy stuff there, particularly during the first quarter.
I'd say they could've handled it much better..
Apr 21, 2016 6:48 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Old_Raven said:

@mamster-P can we please let that gif die in a fire. I mean, if you're gonna use an image for a post, at least make it entertaining FFS.

ill stop using this gif as soon as people stop making repeat threads, and most ppl lol every time

amk_2397 said:
Surprisingly there hasn't been a lot of that so far.

theres already a few and there'll only be more as people post -___-
Apr 21, 2016 6:50 PM

Apr 2016
Most slice of life anime

Watamote for example
Apr 21, 2016 6:52 PM

Jul 2012
Idk probably flint the time detective?

Apr 21, 2016 6:56 PM

Jan 2013
Tylaen said:

I don't have a particular antithesis anime, just two anime that I really like but are generally highly controversial.

But..but you like Grimgar?
amk_2397 said:
Black Bullet. Took a somewhat interesting concept and buried it in the ground so hard. Like seriously, who thought a loli harem was a good idea?

No one? Cause he's not attracted to the little girls, they're attracted to him. Why'd you even take it seriously? There's only two heroines worth mentioning in that anime, and the universe doesn't stop being interesting because lolis.
TarDonkie said:
himouto umaru-chan bugs the shit out of me and i think the little girl is a disgusting little rat i hate it so much

i will never bring myself to watch that garbage, i have pretty low standards as it is but that is the bottom of the pot
it REALLY disgusts me and i instantly get pissed when it's mentioned or i see it in my feed

This guy gets it.
Apr 21, 2016 6:56 PM

Apr 2015
Mamster-P said:
Buhuuu.I remain firm on this stance.
TitanAnteus said:
Grimgar's ecchi element Is highly overexaggerated by people.
Apr 21, 2016 6:59 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Tylaen said:
Mamster-P said:
TitanAnteus said:

theres NOTHING wrong with ecchi and its not going anywhere, please get tf over it
Apr 21, 2016 7:00 PM

Apr 2015
Mamster-P said:
Tylaen said:

theres NOTHING wrong with ecchi and its not going anywhere, please get tf over it
Get over it yourself, man. I'm not going to do anything with my attitude.
Apr 21, 2016 7:00 PM

Jan 2013
Tylaen said:
Mamster-P said:
TitanAnteus said:

Wait you're confusing me.

You said "Ecchi In anime where it's not actually the focus; all of them." is your antithesis.

Antithesis means EXACT OPPOSITE. So you wrote that you hate anime that only have a little ecchi in it.
Apr 21, 2016 7:01 PM

Sep 2015
[quote=TitanAnteus message=45700763]
Tylaen said:

amk_2397 said:

No one? Cause he's not attracted to the little girls, they're attracted to him. Why'd you even take it seriously? There's only two heroines worth mentioning in that anime, and the universe doesn't stop being interesting because lolis.
@TitanAnteus Nah you're right, it didn't stop being interesting cause of lolis. It stopped being interesting due to bad writing, which I tried not take to take seriously but it was so goddamn frustrating to watch...
Apr 21, 2016 7:02 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Something that would be close to be an antithesis for me would be the ecchi-harem-sci-fi-school-battles ones like asterisk wars and shit like that.

Holy shit man.

Side-note : yay i got 3000 posts
DatRandomDudeApr 21, 2016 7:05 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 21, 2016 7:02 PM

Apr 2015
TitanAnteus said:
Tylaen said:

You said "Ecchi In anime where it's not actually the focus; all of them." is your antithesis.

Antithesis means EXACT OPPOSITE. So you wrote that you hate anime that only have a little ecchi in it.
You're implying that I thought that Grimgar's lewder scenes were In fact treading on the territory of being titillating.

I did not which is apparently is a rare opinion on the case of Grimgar. It's like me saying I hate Cowbehop because Fay has a low-cut top.
Apr 21, 2016 7:05 PM

Jan 2013
Tylaen said:
TitanAnteus said:

You're implying that I thought that Grimgar's lewder scenes were In fact treading on the territory of being titillating.

I did not which is apparently is a rare opinion on the case of Grimgar. It's like me saying I hate Cowbehop because Fay has a low-cut top.

No I'm not. I'm saying you thought Grimgar's fanservice was light so you hated it, because that's literally what you wrote.

@amk_2397
Ah the horrors of adaptations. It rushed into so many plot points that the impact each individual point had was lost. I liked the action, general relationship all the characters had with each other, and the sense of despair that permeated some scenes.

It wasn't a great anime, but I thought it was good.
Apr 21, 2016 7:09 PM

Apr 2015
TitanAnteus said:
Tylaen said:

No I'm not. I'm saying you thought Grimgar's fanservice was light so you hated it, because that's literally what you wrote.
Never said anything of the sort. Name dropping the majority opinion does not qualify as it being my own.
Apr 21, 2016 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
@Tylaen
XD OMG I have to break this down.

This is the anime antithesis thread. Where you talk about anime that are the exact opposite of everything you stand for.

OP said his antithesis was Lucky Star, because he can't stand anything about that show.

The antithesis for you was
"Ecchi In anime where it's not actually the focus; all of them."

You hate all anime where the ecchi in the anime is not the actual focus. There's not a lot of ecchi in Grimgar so it's not the focus so you hate it.
Apr 21, 2016 7:11 PM

Sep 2015
TitanAnteus said:
Tylaen said:

@amk_2397
Ah the horrors of adaptations. It rushed into so many plot points that the impact each individual point had was lost. I liked the action, general relationship all the characters had with each other, and the sense of despair that permeated some scenes.

Yeah I liked some of the stuff they had in the first 4 episodes. Then the blonde girl showed up and everything went downhill for me.
Apr 21, 2016 7:13 PM

Apr 2015
TitanAnteus said:
@Tylaen
XD OMG I have to break this down.

This is the anime antithesis thread. Where you talk about anime that are the exact opposite of everything you stand for.

OP said his antithesis was Lucky Star, because he can't stand anything about that show.

The antithesis for you was
"Ecchi In anime where it's not actually the focus; all of them."

You hate all anime where the ecchi in the anime is not the actual focus. There's not a lot of ecchi in Grimgar so it's not the focus so you hate it.
That would imply that I think there's any ecchi in it, which I pointed out I didn't.
Apr 21, 2016 7:13 PM

Jan 2013
amk_2397 said:
TitanAnteus said:

@amk_2397

Yeah I liked some of the stuff they had in the first 4 episodes. Then the blonde girl showed up and everything went downhill for me.

Really XD. Her plot point was really good, and it gets culminated into an interesting climax. I'm sorry... I just don't get it.
Apr 21, 2016 7:17 PM

Sep 2015
TitanAnteus said:
amk_2397 said:

Really XD. Her plot point was really good, and it gets culminated into an interesting climax. I'm sorry... I just don't get it.
I wouldn't be able to say why exactly cause I haven't watched it in a while but I just remember getting frustrated at a lot of things after that.
Apr 21, 2016 7:21 PM

Sep 2015

This has to be the biggest piece of shit I've encountered so far. How could you possibly make everything wrong? Not even Mars of Destruction was this bad. At least the NGE rip-off was fun to watch. DL in the other hand... Well, I was genuinely offended while watching it.

You just lost the game
Apr 21, 2016 7:42 PM

Mar 2014
Mamster-P said:
Old_Raven said:

ill stop using this gif as soon as people stop making repeat threads, and most ppl lol every time

amk_2397 said:
Surprisingly there hasn't been a lot of that so far.

This isn't a thread targeted at ecchi, you are crossing the border into somebody who reads into things in order to get offended by everything. I understand where you're coming from in some threads but you really need to get over it.

OT: Elfen Lied, it's hard for me to put into words how much I hate it. Let's start with the opening scene. Badly animated gore, wow! so mature!, then secretary bimbo fucking trips all dainty princess like over her wet panties or some shit and lands in front of the horrible monster who happens to be a hot naked girl because this is an anime and psychic, psychotic, yandere girls are just so cool. Then she escapes, but not before getting shot in the head so she can be retarded and make cat noises and have "horns" which are really cat ears. Why cat ears? same reason as pink yandere bitch, because Otakus. So now you have naked, retarded, pink hair, neko girl who gets found by some teenagers (ofc it's teenagers) before the military finds them because logic. Then they take her home, a very rational decision, where she runs around and provides more neko service, I think she wears a bedsheet at one point, I don't even remember.

It isn't that it's pandering, or that there's gore or fanservice, it's that at every turn they decided to stoop to an even lower level of bullshit, more edge, more nip, more...... GAAAAAAAAH, *throws keyboard*
Apr 21, 2016 7:53 PM
Jan 2016
The worst anime that i see (or at the least remember) is Divine Gate, the show that have the really good Opening,but all the rest of the things are bad or horrible (see the main characters, the plot and the dialogue). Is not even funny or stupidly absurd.
Well... this monologue is so bad that gives me some disease every time that i see it jaja
Apr 21, 2016 7:57 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
merryfistmas said:

This isn't a thread targeted at ecchi, you are crossing the border into somebody who reads into things in order to get offended by everything. I understand where you're coming from in some threads but you really need to get over it.

i said this was "an excuse to target ecchi", as some people did... not that that was what the thread was about

and we've had plenty of "what do you not like in anime" threads already, which is pretty much the question..... hence the DJ Khaled gif

i didn't contribute cause theres nothing in anime that bothers me, so what else is someone like me supposed to say?
Apr 21, 2016 7:58 PM

Jun 2015
merryfistmas said:
OT: Elfen Lied, it's hard for me to put into words how much I hate it. Let's start with the opening scene. Badly animated gore, wow! so mature!, then secretary bimbo fucking trips all dainty princess like over her wet panties or some shit and lands in front of the horrible monster who happens to be a hot naked girl because this is an anime and psychic, psychotic, yandere girls are just so cool. Then she escapes, but not before getting shot in the head so she can be retarded and make cat noises and have "horns" which are really cat ears. Why cat ears? same reason as pink yandere bitch, because Otakus. So now you have naked, retarded, pink hair, neko girl who gets found by some teenagers (ofc it's teenagers) before the military finds them because logic. Then they take her home, a very rational decision, where she runs around and provides more neko service, I think she wears a bedsheet at one point, I don't even remember.

It isn't that it's pandering, or that there's gore or fanservice, it's that at every turn they decided to stoop to an even lower level of bullshit, more edge, more nip, more...... GAAAAAAAAH, *throws keyboard*

Believe it or not, this makes me want to start watching it.
Apr 21, 2016 8:02 PM

Mar 2014
Mamster-P said:
merryfistmas said:

i said this was "an excuse to target ecchi", as some people did... not that that was what the thread was about

and we've had plenty of "what do you not like in anime" threads already, which is pretty much the question..... hence the DJ Khaled gif
Some people don't like ecchi, so for them, the antithesis would be the most ecchi I guess. You could just as easily complain about anyone elses responses.
i didn't contribute cause theres nothing in anime that bothers me, so what else is someone like me supposed to say?
Nothing.
Apr 21, 2016 8:03 PM

Jul 2012
Although this is clearly a thread to bash any series, or any number of series I guess I'll play along. If I had to pick 1-2 shows that I absolutely despise I would say Casshern Sins and Blade of the Immortal. Casshern being the more hated of the two.

I would loosely describe Casshern as: "Hey do you want to watch an amnesiac emo robot wander around a post-apocalyptic wasteland for roughly 26 episodes. NoNo It's cool we'll sugar coat it with some lack-luster action scenes. Including making the character immortal for vague reasons, entirely episodic structure that feels like it should have direction but doesn't, a shoe horned romance, and just try to force the viewer to feel something that just never works." Of course my answer to this being no please never again.
Apr 21, 2016 8:09 PM

Mar 2014
AltoRoark said:
merryfistmas said:

Believe it or not, this makes me want to start watching it.
You might as well, It's one of the most popular anime on MAL, and a lot of people think it's a masterpiece for some reason. I've thought of finishing it a few times before to confirm my hatred and because many of my friends also think it's a masterpiece, even those who like/dislike similar things as me. But no, it's just not worth it for me.
Apr 21, 2016 8:12 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
merryfistmas said:
]Some people don't like ecchi, so for them, the antithesis would be the most ecchi I guess. You could just as easily complain about anyone elses responses.
Nothing.

you've even acknowledged that its the primary target for complaint about anime, that's the issue, if i saw people complaining about everything else just as often, it wouldn't be such a bother to me. but you know MAL, there has to be 1-3 threads a week relating to the negative vibe sexual content in anime gets and hate towards something anime has always had and that theres nothing wrong with. and thats just as annoying to me as they find it in anime

i just can't stand when things are scapegoated for no reason, that goes far beyond anime related material for me, so the instant i see these things, i tend to go off, trust me, theres subjects where im a lot worse

yea i can say nothing, but it just woudn't be me to be quiet about it... cause if people are going to find a reason to complain about everything..... then im going to complain about them complaining about everything.... sorry
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
9 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

20 by Oofmastre9000 »»
24 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
26 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
29 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.