Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 21, 2016 2:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Meh, a pretty typical fight with Toshiro demonstrating his abilities...

That cliffhanger with Byakuya though.
Apr 21, 2016 2:53 AM

Jan 2012
Better than I expected. Like Byakuya doin' stuff. And one-armed half dead Kenny holding back/trippin' a freakin' Godzilla sized opponent with his bare hand was great. XD

Oh, and Hitsugaya did stuff, ho hum don't give a shit.
Apr 21, 2016 2:54 AM

Aug 2011
An actual teamwork? That doesn't happen often:D
Apr 21, 2016 3:02 AM
Apr 2014
Mhmm, that quick freeze is pretty crazy. Still, Gerard proved to be very resilient.

Okay chapter I guess.
Apr 21, 2016 3:03 AM

Nov 2007
Hitsugaya's adult form is nice looking. Three of them ended up working together.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 21, 2016 3:04 AM

Oct 2010
Ah, I see Byakuya's got his powerup already. Guess this fight's ending soon.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Apr 21, 2016 3:11 AM

Oct 2014
How the hell do Ice powers allow someone to decide to change their age??? Why couldn't he do this before???? I'm struck by how frantic quickly these battles seem to be going. The story itself is dragging on and on forever, yes. But each chapter is basically HEY I AM GOING TO DO A MOVE. It fails. NOW I AM GOING TO DO A MOVE. It fails. Eventually someone succeeds but is injured. Some teamwork happens but its frantic and is just an unbalanced pace of throwing out new tricks in each chapter which are destined to not work anyway and not as much actual fighting, just hey here's a new trick, oh no he tanked it its his turn to do a trick now, okay cool I have to tank it so I can take my turn to do a different trick for him to tank until eventually one of us dies. Its devolved into such a basic pattern and little other fighting actually happens and its just trick winning but not really losing but not really etc and its become so basic, despite the fact that there are now so many new characters and despite reading every week like I have been for over a dozen years, they've all been forgettable and I have no idea what any of their names are. Not that some of these chapters haven't been cool or been visually cool to see some of their powers finally revealed but its just sad to see the state its in. Anyway at some point he'll run out of side characters to kill off and we'll get to see a full out Grimmjow battle and Chad will probably be completely ignored along with a bunch of the earlier protagonists and eventually he'll remember that Ichigo is the main character and he has to figure out what to do with the story and how many transformations he wants to do to wrap things up. I can't imagine Yhwach and Ichigo being an interesting final fight as things stand (I can imagine Aizen absorbs him or something and they have a rematch or some other shenanigans) because in all honesty it just looks like it'll be a really boring finale because Ichigo's been out of the game for so long and neither of their powers looks like it'll make for a new or exciting battle. The Ichibei fight was the best one in recent time and I just don't see where the story is anymore its just fan service at this point "hey look at the new powers of your favourite characters" the concept of this war and that there's anything at stake and who our main cast is is long forgotten.
Apr 21, 2016 3:18 AM

Jul 2010
Karins gonna love the new form teehee
Apr 21, 2016 3:21 AM

Feb 2012
It was at that moment when he said "I've aged a bit" that all the fangirls straight wet themselves.

Pretty nice teamwork from those 3 who always had their own views on fights, I asked for this a couple of chapters ago and I got it, thx Kubs you're cool.
Apr 21, 2016 3:24 AM

Sep 2013
well, the credit goes to the giant Quincy, who has been able to force 3 captains to use their Bankai at once to defeat him....I have a feeling even if this combined power will beat him finally
Apr 21, 2016 3:36 AM

Dec 2009
Best part of the chapter was the teamwork at the end. It's pretty cool seeing three captain class characters being pushed to their limit by one quincy.
Apr 21, 2016 3:38 AM

Dec 2013
Really nice to see some actual team work in this series.
Apr 21, 2016 3:46 AM

Dec 2012
Hitsuguya & that ultimate freeze on Gerard. Zaraki grabbing onto his foot & Byakuya with Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. Nice teamwork there.
So many blades. Hopefully Gerard is finished for good.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 21, 2016 4:04 AM
Nov 2014
Kubo is rushing. Things are unfolding too fast. Some of the character development happening now should have happened earlier in the show.

Hitsuguya's ability to suspend is somewhat convenient to the fight.
Apr 21, 2016 4:14 AM

Jan 2009
this giant quincy is die hard lol but i guess he is still alive to show the ultimate bankai power of Zaraki, Hitsugaya and now Byakuya
Apr 21, 2016 4:17 AM

Sep 2012
An OK chapter, it was a fast read (finished it in ~2min).
It'll probably take more than that to take him down as Gerard is really durable.
Apr 21, 2016 4:21 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
A chapter.....special for Hitsugaya fangirls !

Good to see Gerard finally used his spirit bow, he looks like a shinigami or arrancar since he uses sword too much.

So....if Gerard's blade doesn't freeze anymore, Hitsugaya would be split in half ?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 21, 2016 4:24 AM
Sep 2012
Still no explanation for Toshiro's growth spirt, I guess that is one of those unanswered questions. But grown up Toshiro looked awesome, why he doesn't like that form, I don't know.

So Kenpachi still not out of the fight, and Byakura is planning something, so they are trying to team work, that is something you don't see much in Bleach intentionally team work especially from Kenpachi, I guess you can call it character development.
Apr 21, 2016 4:58 AM

Jul 2014
ooh
it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be
my inner Hitsugaya fangirl admits that some panels were pretty hot
bring back the shota next chapter pls
Apr 21, 2016 5:14 AM

Jan 2015
It's not often to see a teamwork here so it was a really impressive fight. Hitsugaya's outfit was a bit weird though
Apr 21, 2016 5:29 AM

Apr 2013
What.. Byakuya using Bankai in Shikai? if i not mistake Byakuya Bankai has not return yet..
Apr 21, 2016 5:31 AM

Sep 2009
Not that bad, I like when people fights using a tag team, it's more intelligent than 1vs1 with strong enemies.
3/5

But I expect something more for the future chapters, this wasn't an interesting battle.
Apr 21, 2016 5:37 AM

May 2009
Arcturus9001 said:
How the hell do Ice powers allow someone to decide to change their age??? Why couldn't he do this before???? I'm struck by how frantic quickly these battles seem to be going. The story itself is dragging on and on forever, yes. But each chapter is basically HEY I AM GOING TO DO A MOVE. It fails. NOW I AM GOING TO DO A MOVE. It fails. Eventually someone succeeds but is injured. Some teamwork happens but its frantic and is just an unbalanced pace of throwing out new tricks in each chapter which are destined to not work anyway and not as much actual fighting, just hey here's a new trick, oh no he tanked it its his turn to do a trick now, okay cool I have to tank it so I can take my turn to do a different trick for him to tank until eventually one of us dies. Its devolved into such a basic pattern and little other fighting actually happens and its just trick winning but not really losing but not really etc and its become so basic, despite the fact that there are now so many new characters and despite reading every week like I have been for over a dozen years, they've all been forgettable and I have no idea what any of their names are. Not that some of these chapters haven't been cool or been visually cool to see some of their powers finally revealed but its just sad to see the state its in. Anyway at some point he'll run out of side characters to kill off and we'll get to see a full out Grimmjow battle and Chad will probably be completely ignored along with a bunch of the earlier protagonists and eventually he'll remember that Ichigo is the main character and he has to figure out what to do with the story and how many transformations he wants to do to wrap things up. I can't imagine Yhwach and Ichigo being an interesting final fight as things stand (I can imagine Aizen absorbs him or something and they have a rematch or some other shenanigans) because in all honesty it just looks like it'll be a really boring finale because Ichigo's been out of the game for so long and neither of their powers looks like it'll make for a new or exciting battle. The Ichibei fight was the best one in recent time and I just don't see where the story is anymore its just fan service at this point "hey look at the new powers of your favourite characters" the concept of this war and that there's anything at stake and who our main cast is is long forgotten.

Quoting this posting masterpiece for posterity.
Apr 21, 2016 5:59 AM

Aug 2010
Gotta admit Adult Hitsugaya's design looks really cool
Apr 21, 2016 6:16 AM

Jan 2016
Hopefully he dies with this, the shinigami side seems to be running out of upgrades
Apr 21, 2016 6:19 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Busujima_Saeko said:
What.. Byakuya using Bankai in Shikai? if i not mistake Byakuya Bankai has not return yet..
Don't forget that As Nodt, the Sternritter who stole Byakuya's Bankai, is already dead

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 21, 2016 6:52 AM
Apr 2016
Actually not a bad chapter, liked the synergy in the end especially. Kinda wish Hitsugaya's full bankai was more than becoming a hot throb for fangirls. I'm surprisingly satisfied.

4/5
Check out my Anime, Manga, and Video Game Articles on my blog site: http://www.dzparks.com/

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/dzparks

Apr 21, 2016 7:02 AM

Aug 2014
Adult Hitsugaya is pretty cool, but can we finally end this stupid Quincy and move on soon?
Apr 21, 2016 7:09 AM

Jun 2012
Is this the last henchmen? I stopped keeping count months ago
Apr 21, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2012
Oh hey this wasn't actually that bad.

Kaimon said:
Is this the last henchmen? I stopped keeping count months ago

I think only the B guy is left.
Apr 21, 2016 7:28 AM

May 2013
Better then last week chapter I am glad this not turn into Hitsugaya fight, but actually becoming 3 vs 1 which is a good thing.
Apr 21, 2016 8:31 AM
Aug 2015
Adult Hitsugaya is cool
4/5 for this chapter
Apr 21, 2016 8:43 AM
Jan 2016
I really hate it how all those fights boil down to trading tricks, just like Arcturus9001 said, it's basically a game of tennis until one side finally drops. Booooring!
Apr 21, 2016 9:02 AM
Aug 2015
It was a good chapter. Still like to know if Toshiro will stay like this or go back to looking like a kid when the fight is over.
I am hopping that the next chapter the fight will be over, its getting kind of long (IMO) I am a big Toshiro fan but I would like to see what is going on in other peoples fights. Also If he doesn't get defeated then what would be the point in Toshiro's new transformation if it not going to make a difference in the battle. I love that 3 captains are working together to defeat him. So hope by the next chapter Gerard will fall
Apr 21, 2016 9:18 AM

Nov 2015
Hitsugaya gave us a hint to why he aged which is because he cant master Hyourinmaru's power as yet. Hitsugaya is untouchable now. Cool!

Nice team work from the 3 and not the usual argument between Byakuya, Hitsugaya and Zaraki.

Byakuya went into Bankai. So looking forward to next week.

I felt the chapter rushed because Hitsugaya had Gerard on the edge.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2016 10:27 AM

Jan 2012
Gah can this quincy (i've forgotten his name already...well, I just didn't bother remembering his name because I thought he was just fodder) just die already T___T
Apr 21, 2016 10:37 AM

Oct 2015
It's hilarious. 3 of the most proud captains worked together.

Is Hitsugaya's form just a form and he'll come back as the little prince again or he achieved that form and will never go back?
Apr 21, 2016 12:37 PM

Oct 2014
I've finally caught up to Bleach, I've got to say it's been a big shitfuck of characters fighting and getting random powerups with. But it has been an enjoyable shitfuck. Well eitherway now that I can't read 5 chapters at once and will be reading it once a week it's probably gonna be bad considering the amount of chapters I've seen where nothing happened xD
Apr 21, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2015
Finally some teamwork instead of working alone.
Apr 21, 2016 2:31 PM

Jun 2011
Arcturus9001 said:
I will be honest, I didn't even bother remembering the quincy's name, just ain't worth it because they ain't worth shit the way Kubo is treating them, with a few exception.

I thought it looked pretty cool there when Hitsugaya froze the dude, but nah "I can't be frozen", didn't that happen very often to Hitsugaya's opponent? At this point I am not even sure if Hitsugaya's freezing power is even useful.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 21, 2016 2:44 PM

Mar 2009
This chapter went better than expected. I was worried that Hitsugaya was going to take Gerard down all by himself, but it was cool to see all the teamwork.
Apr 21, 2016 3:58 PM

Aug 2013
Nice battle i guess, was good seeing all three of them working together. Hopefully next chapter will be the last we see of this Quincy and we can move on with the rest.
Apr 21, 2016 4:22 PM
Oct 2008
Adult form of captain who-gives-a-fuck looks a lot like Grimmjow to me. That's weird.
Apr 21, 2016 4:33 PM

Sep 2013
Hitsugaya might be a Shiba and is related to Isshin :)
The battle was dope and Zarak helping was surprising too :O
Byakuya is still in shikai i think XD

Gerard ain't going down yet thou, I want another transformation next chapter.
Love Kubo's art <3

Arcturus9001 said:
But each chapter is basically HEY I AM GOING TO DO A MOVE. It fails. NOW I AM GOING TO DO A MOVE. It fails. Eventually someone succeeds but is injured.
The Ichibei fight was the best one in recent time.

Go ahead and tell me how a fight is supposed to be done then without either side doing any moves, I'll wait.
And the Ichibei fight also had the same thing you apparently hate, so hypocrisy much?
Apr 21, 2016 7:58 PM
Mar 2009
Last ditch effort by Kubo to make Toshiro somewhat useful.

Instead, we end up with teamwork. Did not see that coming.
Apr 22, 2016 4:52 AM

Sep 2014
Teamwork, don't see that very often.

Can Hitsugaya freeze anything at this point? Don't remember when he last froze someone for good. Adult Hitsu is pretty cool still~

That Byakuya dayum.
Apr 22, 2016 9:39 AM

Oct 2015
Arcturus9001 said:
How the hell do Ice powers allow someone to decide to change their age??? Why couldn't he do this before???? I'm struck by how frantic quickly these battles seem to be going. The story itself is dragging on and on forever, yes. But each chapter is basically HEY I AM GOING TO DO A MOVE. It fails. NOW I AM GOING TO DO A MOVE. It fails. Eventually someone succeeds but is injured.

I know right! Every chapter the characters keep getting stronger. They are bringing out Secret Ultimate Moves left and right.

Still Byakuya's attack looked cool.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 22, 2016 10:50 PM

May 2015
Hitsugaya in his grown up form look cool (no pun intended); he's a BAMF!
Apr 23, 2016 9:13 AM
Dec 2013
it was just nice to see Byakuya use an ability he hasn't used since he showed it first. Always bugged me that he never used it since. As if he forgot he had it.

Loved the teamwork. overall good chapter.
Apr 24, 2016 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
so.... we're not going to get an explanation for toushiro's sudden adult form? i know it hinted that it had something to do with his childlike body not being mature enough to handle daiguren hyourinmaru's full power, but you still have to explain how it was physically possible for him to age like that! is there some sort of kidou that could make it possible? does it have something to do wih an unknown ability of hyourinmaru? or maybe something to do with reishi in general? we need explanations! you can't just pull something like this out of nowhere and not explain it! DX
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 672 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

72 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.