Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2016 2:38 PM

May 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well the raws have been uploaded.
Even whiles crumbling to pieces Josefumi can beat the twins by himself.
Apr 19, 2016 7:04 AM
Mar 2014
Even in a crippled state, Josefumi bodies the Aphex Twins in one of most brutal curbstomps in JoJolion yet. Nice.
Apr 19, 2016 8:30 AM

Jun 2015
Possible plot hole ? (Wouldn't be surprised since it's Araki who we're talking about). Then again I'll wait for the following chapters to see if Araki will depict the scenes following up to the trio taking their photo/Kira being killed by Yotsuyu and the surfer dude eating his own fingers. Also that person who appeared in the flashback back on Chapter 5/6.
Apr 19, 2016 9:47 AM
Apr 2016
Yo master what are you talking about? Wasnt this the moment yotsuyu said he killed Kira? Also Kira already spoke to surfer dude a couple of chapters back and after Kira told him he wasnt a man of the sea or land the surfer guy looked really devastated.

This was a very good chapter. Josefumi owning those twins was badass.

I have a theory about why the fruits worked differently. Remember what that old guy said at that thief road? Johnny brought the corpse to Japan to heal his wife and kid right? Johnny died and the corpse was found by the guys searching for Johnny but it was nevet stated that the corpse legt Japan. Maybe just maybe the corpse was burried under Morioh and this caused the wall eyes to emerge.

Remember what the corpse did? It takes your misfortune and casts it to someone else on the world. This is why Johnny died helping his wife and kid. This would explain why the fruit worked differently.

It took Kira's misfortune(death) and cast it on Josefumi.It's possible that the corpse took Kira's soul and exchanged it with Josefumi's but since this is Josefumi's body(for the most part) it doesnt have Kira's memories. As to why Josefumi's appereance changed to that of Kira's i cant explain. But still this was a very cool chapter.

Do you think we'll get more info or this is it?
Apr 19, 2016 11:48 AM
Dec 2014
The ball of the World Cup 2014, xD.
Apr 19, 2016 3:55 PM

Apr 2014
I hope they will animate this (please, based David Production) because I can't wait for an adaptation that will get rid of all these plot holes lol
your waifu is shit
Apr 19, 2016 4:21 PM

Feb 2016
Rest in pieces, Josefumi. Or was it Josephmi?
Either way, I can't wait for Damo to bite za dusto.
Apr 19, 2016 5:58 PM

Nov 2011
SzJ said:
I hope they will animate this (please, based David Production) because I can't wait for an adaptation that will get rid of all these plot holes lol

They will probably animate every series eventually. I recall seeing some ADs about this before but it will be quite long a way before we get to Jojolion.
Apr 19, 2016 7:48 PM
Aug 2011
Josefumi and Kira's time together, albeit short, has become one of my favorite things.
Not just in Jojolion but in all JJBA installments.
Apr 20, 2016 12:51 AM

Jun 2009
Man that was a brutal ass kicking.

So that's how they merged and everything began, huh? Interesting chapter, can't wait for next month. Also with the additional information we got over the last couple of chapters, it might be time to re-read some of Jojolion and see whether I can spot any new clues.
Apr 20, 2016 2:47 AM

Mar 2008
TheMaster100 said:
Possible plot hole ? (Wouldn't be surprised since it's Araki who we're talking about). Then again I'll wait for the following chapters to see if Araki will depict the scenes following up to the trio taking their photo/Kira being killed by Yotsuyu and the surfer dude eating his own fingers. Also that person who appeared in the flashback back on Chapter 5/6.

The photo thing will probably be a plot hole without any explanation, really. But the whole thing with the surfer is implied that has already happened, kinda.

Didn't Yotsuyu say he killed the man who fused with Kira (Josefumi)? It's not completely wrong, but yeah, not what he really implied there.

JoJolion is so messed up. Araki can't be consistent at all with the plot and any kind of foreshadowing or something said early on will turn up to be something totally different. It's still JoJo, with a lot of creativity in the fights and some fun characters, also the relationship between Kira and Josefumi was really well done, but dude get your shit straight.

Apr 20, 2016 7:43 AM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
SzJ said:

They will probably animate every series eventually. I recall seeing some ADs about this before but it will be quite long a way before we get to Jojolion.

I'm gonna do the Math here.
The slowest adaptation so far has been Part 3, which took 15 months to air (including the 3 months break between the two season). The manga was published for 37 months. So the anime is roughly 2.5 faster than the manga. However, the manga didn't take breaks between the parts (the anime does) and the average break between parts is 10 months. So, between (the manga) Part 4 and Part 8, about 19 years have passed, which in anime time would be about 7 and half years, based on Part 3. Now, since we have to account for all the breaks, we'll have 4 breaks between parts, which will 3 and a half years. So in total we get 11 years. So I'm estimating the start date of Part 8 to be 2027 April. So yeah, by then we will probably be reading the ending of Part 9 manga. And by then I'll be over 30.
Of course, this is really just a rough and pessimistic estimate.
your waifu is shit
May 16, 2016 7:31 AM
May 2016
OverkilledRed said:
TheMaster100 said:

The photo thing will probably be a plot hole without any explanation, really. But the whole thing with the surfer is implied that has already happened, kinda.

Didn't Yotsuyu say he killed the man who fused with Kira (Josefumi)? It's not completely wrong, but yeah, not what he really implied there.

JoJolion is so messed up. Araki can't be consistent at all with the plot and any kind of foreshadowing or something said early on will turn up to be something totally different. It's still JoJo, with a lot of creativity in the fights and some fun characters, also the relationship between Kira and Josefumi was really well done, but dude get your shit straight.

I wouldn't say Araki isn't consistent, there's plenty of time in the part for a lot of mysteries to be solved.
As for Karera and the photo, that simply could have happened off-screen, when Kira asks Josefumi about who she is anyways, he's not flat-out asking about her, moreso he's asking why she's stalking Josefumi, so it could be interpreted that she's hanged with the group before specifically to be with Josefumi.
Also, Sasame eating off his fingers could have happened after Kira scared him out of that restaurant, it's not a plothole, it simply is a detail that happened that hasn't been visualized.
Yotsuyu saying he killed Josefumi with Kira being the one to save Josefumi could all be from his perspective, not what actually happened. Kira DID save Josefumi from Damo and Yotsuyu, but Yotsuyu didn't witness whether it was Josefumi or Kira who bodied the Aphex Twins, so he could've interpreted that it was Kira who did all the saving.
Also, Yotsuyu saying he was the one to kill Josuke was simply him trying to scare Josuke, he was technically right because Kira and Josefumi did get crushed under rocks to form the equivalent exchange.
There aren't really any plotholes, there's details that can be interpreted from smaller things/scenes that have been said/done, just because they're not outright shown does not mean that they're a plothole. Araki's been very consistent this whole part.
As for the man in the flashback? I have a knack we'll see him this chapter to wrap up the flashback complete.y
May 16, 2016 8:34 AM

Mar 2008
Modernoir said:
OverkilledRed said:

I wouldn't say Araki isn't consistent, there's plenty of time in the part for a lot of mysteries to be solved.
As for Karera and the photo, that simply could have happened off-screen, when Kira asks Josefumi about who she is anyways, he's not flat-out asking about her, moreso he's asking why she's stalking Josefumi, so it could be interpreted that she's hanged with the group before specifically to be with Josefumi.
Also, Sasame eating off his fingers could have happened after Kira scared him out of that restaurant, it's not a plothole, it simply is a detail that happened that hasn't been visualized.
Yotsuyu saying he killed Josefumi with Kira being the one to save Josefumi could all be from his perspective, not what actually happened. Kira DID save Josefumi from Damo and Yotsuyu, but Yotsuyu didn't witness whether it was Josefumi or Kira who bodied the Aphex Twins, so he could've interpreted that it was Kira who did all the saving.
Also, Yotsuyu saying he was the one to kill Josuke was simply him trying to scare Josuke, he was technically right because Kira and Josefumi did get crushed under rocks to form the equivalent exchange.
There aren't really any plotholes, there's details that can be interpreted from smaller things/scenes that have been said/done, just because they're not outright shown does not mean that they're a plothole. Araki's been very consistent this whole part.
As for the man in the flashback? I have a knack we'll see him this chapter to wrap up the flashback complete.y

Sorry, but I think you're just filling the gaps in the most convinient way. Araki is well known for this kind of thing and you can see how a lot of things changed in a dramatic way.

Kira is clearly asking who is Karera, because he asks Josefumi: "have you noticed her?", so he doesn't have any clue about who she is.

About Sasame, I just think that it doesn't make sense for him to eat his own fingers and says that Kira somehow convinced him. We just saw Kira scarring him off because he hated him and that's it.

I don't think that was what Yotsuyu meant, but I guess you are free to argue about that. To me, it seems really strange for him to say that if it wasn't what he meant.

"There aren't really any plotholes" is not something meant for a manga like JoJo. What about Kyou saying Kira's stand was a version of Killer Queen with bubbles? What about Tsurugi first appearance as a baby and the whole subplot with his age later? Like I said, a lot of things just changed, without no explanation. Araki just likes to make things as he goes. And, really, I'm just used to it now.

May 16, 2016 9:40 AM
May 2016
OverkilledRed said:
Modernoir said:

Sorry, but I think you're just filling the gaps in the most convinient way. Araki is well known for this kind of thing and you can see how a lot of things changed in a dramatic way.

Kira is clearly asking who is Karera, because he asks Josefumi: "have you noticed her?", so he doesn't have any clue about who she is.

About Sasame, I just think that it doesn't make sense for him to eat his own fingers and says that Kira somehow convinced him. We just saw Kira scarring him off because he hated him and that's it.

I don't think that was what Yotsuyu meant, but I guess you are free to argue about that. To me, it seems really strange for him to say that if it wasn't what he meant.

"There aren't really any plotholes" is not something meant for a manga like JoJo. What about Kyou saying Kira's stand was a version of Killer Queen with bubbles? What about Tsurugi first appearance as a baby and the whole subplot with his age later? Like I said, a lot of things just changed, without no explanation. Araki just likes to make things as he goes. And, really, I'm just used to it now.

I'll give you the Karera one but, convenient as it is, it can work as an explanation. Or you could go with the idea she just photoshopped herself into a photo of those two because of how much of a stalker she is.
And about Sasame, he's a pathetic lowlife of a man, and we're talking about JoJo here, a series where a lot of things are blown out of proportion or exaggerated. Him eating his own fingers because of Kira taunting and threatening the hell out of him isn't unrealistic in the same series where a man who lives on a transmission tower has a swiss army knife in his calluses. Plus, it's clear Kira has been screwing with Sasame for a long time, as shown by how scared Sasame is when he sees Kira.
Also, Yotsuyu is a scummy type of guy, Gappy notes it himself, shown by how he took Yasuho as a hostage and how he tried to convince Tsurugi to rat him out. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he'd twist the truth of Josuke's death to intimidate him by claiming he's responsible.
Also, Kira's Killer Queen using bubbles isn't a plot hole, in fact, it's demonstrated in the chapter where he bumps into Sasame again before he notices Josefumi. He puts a bubble in Sasame's lip before Sasame runs off.
And Tsurugi's age was retconned, it's not a plothole, it's just something that was changed (Arguably for the better too.) Plus honestly I wouldn't start calling shots saying Araki's being inconsistent at this point in time, he was pretty consistent in SBR and JJL isn't even finished yet. It's a shot but we have yet to know more about Karera in the part, the photo thing could be explained.
May 16, 2016 10:47 AM

Mar 2008
Modernoir said:
OverkilledRed said:

I'll give you the Karera one but, convenient as it is, it can work as an explanation. Or you could go with the idea she just photoshopped herself into a photo of those two because of how much of a stalker she is.
And about Sasame, he's a pathetic lowlife of a man, and we're talking about JoJo here, a series where a lot of things are blown out of proportion or exaggerated. Him eating his own fingers because of Kira taunting and threatening the hell out of him isn't unrealistic in the same series where a man who lives on a transmission tower has a swiss army knife in his calluses. Plus, it's clear Kira has been screwing with Sasame for a long time, as shown by how scared Sasame is when he sees Kira.
Also, Yotsuyu is a scummy type of guy, Gappy notes it himself, shown by how he took Yasuho as a hostage and how he tried to convince Tsurugi to rat him out. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he'd twist the truth of Josuke's death to intimidate him by claiming he's responsible.
Also, Kira's Killer Queen using bubbles isn't a plot hole, in fact, it's demonstrated in the chapter where he bumps into Sasame again before he notices Josefumi. He puts a bubble in Sasame's lip before Sasame runs off.
And Tsurugi's age was retconned, it's not a plothole, it's just something that was changed (Arguably for the better too.) Plus honestly I wouldn't start calling shots saying Araki's being inconsistent at this point in time, he was pretty consistent in SBR and JJL isn't even finished yet. It's a shot but we have yet to know more about Karera in the part, the photo thing could be explained.

See, you can just fill the gaps anyway you want, but we have to work with what is given to us as readers. If something doesn't make sense or contradict itself, it's fair to considere a plot hole.

As a narrative, what I can get of Sasame eating his fingers because of Kira's persuasion is that he was an extremely charismatic person with a strong willpower to make people do what he wants. In fact, the whole building up for Kira was of a charismatic sociopath, similar to his counterpart, but that's not how the character really turned out to be. Again, you can argue about what was shown offscreen, but that's not what really counts.

As for Killer Queen, all the demonstrations of its power was of touching something and making it swell before exploding. Kyou implied that Josuke's Soft & Wet was a fusion of his bubbles (visually shown as the same bubbles of S&W) plus another ability of his other half (Josefumi). But in the flashback, Josefumi's S&W is the same as Josuke. I can only think Araki changed his mind about how the fusion really went. But, as an excuse, you can say that Kyou misinterpreted it...

Yes, it was retconned, but I was just exemplified how Araki can change something because he doesn't know what is his next step is.

SBR probably has its fair share too, but I read a long time ago. I can just remember Sandman turning into Soundman, which was totally bullshit because he uses some sort of sand manipulation in the beginning.
OverkilledRedMay 16, 2016 10:50 AM

Jan 4, 2017 5:13 AM

Jun 2015
Josefumi is kick ass in this chapter and it's a good thing that he wants to repent by sacrifice himself.
Aug 12, 2017 11:25 PM

Sep 2016
Why can't we just enjoy the greatness of JOJO when we are having a lot of them!?
So far JJL is awesome. I'm not a huge fan of DiU as most of the fandom are, so I'm kinda surprised to find myself really digging into Part 8.

I agree with Modernoir on Araki being consistent with this part. I won't call it flawless, but I don't see a lot of plot holes here either. Most of the examples the above post mentioned are very minor things that won't affect the main plot. We can expect them to happen off-screen.

Anyway, Jo8suke & Josefumi are starting to become 2 of my favorite JOJOs.
Dec 2, 2017 7:00 AM

Feb 2013
Josefumi was the one who actually died.
Kira's wounds were gone.
Aug 7, 2019 1:50 AM

Aug 2017
I wonder how Jesus and the story of Johnny fits into all this.
Aug 21, 2020 7:18 AM

Oct 2013
And thus, Josuke was born.

It is worth if tipping a hat to Josefumi's fighting skills. He was able to defeat both Aphex twins at once.
Jul 17, 2021 11:06 AM

Jan 2021
nevermind THIS is the best chapter so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2021 4:14 PM

Oct 2012
I love how Josefumi is kicking so much ass even without using a stand. That's pretty rare for a JoJo.

So... this chapter implies to me that it wasn't actually Kira who died but Josefumi who sacrificed himself? Of course they fused, so in a way they both live on, but it seems like the actual main body should be Kira now. Or maybe they'll explain it more next chapter.

This whole thing really reminds me of the Dio/Jonathan fusion. Totally different concept of course, but the villain and protagonist of a previous JoJo part fused and the same happens here too. Also Josefumi healing somebody gives me serious Josuke vibes. Love the references being made.
Aug 20, 2021 5:45 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah, the Karera photo thing bothered me too. I was going to mention it last chapter, but I wanted to wait until I was sure this was the situation that lead to the start of the series. But that's definitely an issue.

Otherwise, this chapter was fantastic. I thought Jo2uke was a bad-ass who made quick work of those twins, Josefumi utterly annihilated them. The relationship between the two was pretty great considering how short our view of it was, and the continual sacrifice theme coming out again was great.
Jan 31, 2022 2:33 AM

Nov 2020
Interesting, well now we know how but not excatly why. So interesting!!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jun 29, 2022 10:20 AM

Sep 2020
oh my thiw was done so well, josefumi really kicked those football guys ess
Aug 4, 2023 10:26 PM

Oct 2022
The best chapter yet, and honestly, possibly the peak of all of jojo for me. This was everything I love about the series and the perfect resolution to the mystery that has been built up for 50 chapters, and I am blown away.
Oct 19, 2023 12:25 PM
Apr 2020
And there it is! damn those twins still get their shit wrecked by Josefumi lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.