Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Hayato in a nutshell, guess he isn't used to flying a jet much.

Really cute seeing all the girls and even Mirage in casual clothes. Speaking of which, I think she's actually a pretty decent pilot at least compare to Hayate. But yeah, the episode felt a bit more comedic than I had thought. That cat-like creature is so priceless to watch.

Glad to see Freyja improve her abilities more this episode.

Apr 17, 2016 8:13 AM

Nov 2008
Hayato needs some improvement because he'll have to fly on his own without music saving his ass, maybe having him think of a song on the fly and maybe humming it out would also help because when he gets into the beat he's much better and training and battles feel a bit unique, Freyja is getting better with her singing as well. Makina should have outfits in exposed midriff pretty much all the time, she could pull it off well in any type outfit and still look so good, It also helps that she looks so good even with her hair down.

Apr 17, 2016 8:37 AM

May 2013
Nice episode again.
Loved how the umineko that they always chased make Hayate won.
and how freyja resonating with Hayate. also Mikumo is a good mentor.

and hopefully after this episode, mikage gonna dere2.
Apr 17, 2016 8:43 AM

Sep 2015
In all the macross series, is it true that in the love triangle the older girl always win? Starting to feel sad if Freyja doesn't end up with Hayate.

I am suddenly a big fan of Freyja now. =) Not only ust her song, her character is great and cute.
valvravetruthApr 17, 2016 9:02 AM
Apr 17, 2016 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
valvravetruth said:
In all the macross series, is it true that in the love triangle the older girl always win?

Yep, in most other series, it's a younger character that gets taken.

Apr 17, 2016 10:20 AM

Jul 2007
Mirage and Hayate continue to make sparks fly. That last reaction of her's was hilarious. Can't wait for the great things that await them in their future. Lots of bickering for sure.

valvravetruth said:
In all the macross series, is it true that in the love triangle the older girl always win? Starting to feel sad if Freyja doesn't end up with Hayate.

I am suddenly a big fan of Freyja now. =) Not only ust her song, her character is great and cute.

The older and more mature one usually wins.
AhenshihaelApr 17, 2016 10:25 AM
Apr 17, 2016 11:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The training sequence were they are flying the vintage Valks in Max and Millia's colours was so much fanservice that it deserves to be called mecha hentai.

Freyja already falling behind here in time spent with Hayate. But Freyja is very sweet and has a fun, cheeky personality that makes her more endearing to me than Ranka was at this point in Frontier.

The setting reminds me a lot of the planet Zola in Macross Dynamite 7. Same kind of laid back feel.

And it's good to see the Nyan Nyan franchise has made it all the way here.
FarabeufApr 17, 2016 11:29 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 17, 2016 1:16 PM

Apr 2016
OK I decided..Im on #TEAMFREYJA now whether she win or lose

She has the adorable smile & cute personality

HOI NA!!!

AND one more thing FREYJA is not RANKA
SmSenpaiApr 17, 2016 10:27 PM
Apr 17, 2016 4:05 PM

Apr 2015
I'm shipping Hayate x Mirage, Mikumo x Freyja.
Such a great episode, save for Hayate being a cunt and Messer being...Messer.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Apr 17, 2016 5:23 PM

Jan 2009
Second song with earworm potential. And many many small enjoyable details. When I start watching shows raw again, it means I'm sold.

The key scene in my opinion was when Hayate asked Mirage if she ever had fun flying, and her reaction was _confusion_. She's a solder, what does fun have to do with it? Reminds me very much of the old Meltran/Miria side of hers. This is going to be the angle over which Mirage/Hayate will grow over time. While at the same time Mirage will whack some more seriousness into Hayate - I have to admit that I felt some perverse satisfaction from seeing her make him puke his guts out.

Freiya manages to be sweet and likable without getting on my nerves - which is a major feat, because I usually really hate her template.

So - as long as you watch it in "Bond movie" mode, suspend disbelief and suppress mocking instincts - Macross Delta continues to be enjoyable. More of this, please!
Apr 17, 2016 5:29 PM

Feb 2008
I gotta say I like Freyja more than Ranka Lee in previous season, well I read some spoiler that Alto and Sherley got ship together but I have only watch first movie of Macross F and I probably already forgot what happen there.
Even thought relationships only been a short time for Frejya and Hayate, they still seem already close and match paired up.
I want them to get ship here.
If it was me I would choose Frejya.

As for Mirage I feel like I have seen that kind of attiude, hmm. What anime.

Great music as always :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 17, 2016 6:52 PM
Nov 2012
Lol at Messer ruining Hayate moment. Freyja i definitely prefer her over Ranka who i found kind of annoying.
LazerEyeBeamApr 17, 2016 7:09 PM
Apr 17, 2016 9:43 PM

Aug 2014
Fine, Freyja was kind of cute this episode. Westside.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 17, 2016 10:03 PM

Oct 2012
Messer pls.

#TeamMikumo tho. Why is best girl not a part of the triangle? ;A;
Apr 17, 2016 11:25 PM

Sep 2009
Hayate seems like a pretty cool guy. Kind of enjoyed this episode.
Apr 17, 2016 11:49 PM

Jan 2009
Mirage is hot as fuck even though she is tomboyish and so strict that it gets annoying, i hope she is just tsundere and will change her attitude on later parts

and look here the enemies have their own singing princess too or is that a singing prince instead?
Apr 18, 2016 12:02 AM

Feb 2008
I reaaaaaally hope this is going to be at least 2-cours. It has the potential to at least be on par with Frontier if it keeps things up (and I liked Frontier a lot, even if it wasn't quite as special as the original series).

I also want to marry Freyja.
Apr 18, 2016 12:21 AM
Feb 2015
Whoa Whoa Whoa who said freyja would end up alone don't you guys forget there's 5 guys on the Aerial Knights team one of them is bound to fall in love with Freyja I might be wrong but I have a feeling the guy with long blonde hair believe his name is Keith Aero Windermere will xD Even if Hayate picks Mirage over Freyja she'll end up with someone.

Kawamori-sensei freyja can't have the same fate Zessica from Aquarion Evol had so please let her end up with Keith. That being said great episode as always, freyja and hayate are definitely my favorite characters from the series <3
Apr 18, 2016 12:21 AM

Nov 2011
I usually dont tend to pick the loli girls but Freyja feels different from the others.
Probably because she doesn't act like some typical loli who is all cutesy like or perhaps her derpiness?
IheartCCApr 18, 2016 12:31 AM
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 18, 2016 12:25 AM
Mar 2015
What is the story with the heart tentacle thing on her head?
Apr 18, 2016 12:38 AM

Jul 2007
heimdal7 said:
What is the story with the heart tentacle thing on her head?

Its part of her race, which previous episode named as windermere. The villains all have it too. Its supposedly a biological organ that seems to react to the fold.
Apr 18, 2016 1:38 AM

Aug 2009
I'm enjoying it more and more.
Fire Emblem Heroes - 9261576256
Apr 18, 2016 1:59 AM
Aug 2014
Polanski666 said:
Yep, older girls always win and genki moe girls always lose.

Please no, don't NTR my sweat Freyja.
Apr 18, 2016 2:14 AM

Jun 2013
Polanski666 said:
valvravetruth said:

call me wrong but basara is the first king harem in macross universe but he never show interest in women
so no one lose in macross 7
Apr 18, 2016 2:16 AM

Jan 2009
j0x said:
Mirage is hot as fuck even though she is tomboyish and so strict that it gets annoying, i hope she is just tsundere and will change her attitude on later parts

Haha... well, look at it this way: Mirage is _serious_ about her job. She understands that people die in her line of duty, ESPECIALLY happy-go-lucky jerks like Hayate. Remember how she blew up at him at the beginning of ep2? Also, her intention during the exam was to fail him to make sure that Hayate doesn't get killed in combat. It was no petty revenge or attempt to "teach him a lesson", she is genuinely worried about him losing his life - also see her horror when he was about to crash, and her relief when he didn't.

So, objectively she isn't merely "strict", she is actually also caring and reasonable - just with horrible communication skills :) ... she doesn't need to really change her attitude, just to loosen up a bit. The one who needs a massive attitude adjustment is Hayate.

As a huge Macross/Robotech fan, I can only say that in most aspects, Mirage is a spitting image of the early Lisa. And I'm really looking forward to the upcoming cats-and-dogs routine. Mirage needs a dose of Hayate, and Hayate needs a healthy dose of Mirage. They're gonna grow on each other.
Apr 18, 2016 2:25 AM

Dec 2014
That mercat was the most fun part of this episode
Apr 18, 2016 2:55 AM

Sep 2013
That flight scene in this episode... it was so good.
Apr 18, 2016 2:58 AM

Apr 2016
Amazing episode but when I think Hayate choosing Mirage over Freyja....... I felt sad. Frejya is so cute that I don't want to see her heart broken....

Can't wait for the next episode!!!

Apr 18, 2016 3:48 AM

Jan 2009
I don't like mirage x hayate and i don't like freyja x hayate
i don't see the appeal of those couples, i don't think they have any chemistry, they are not even close to sheryl x alto or misa x hikaru
i'm a little disappointed because the triangle is one of the most charming elements of macross (usually)
Apr 18, 2016 4:02 AM

Jan 2009
Mentar said:
j0x said:

Haha... well, look at it this way: Mirage is _serious_ about her job. She understands that people die in her line of duty, ESPECIALLY happy-go-lucky jerks like Hayate. Remember how she blew up at him at the beginning of ep2? Also, her intention during the exam was to fail him to make sure that Hayate doesn't get killed in combat. It was no petty revenge or attempt to "teach him a lesson", she is genuinely worried about him losing his life - also see her horror when he was about to crash, and her relief when he didn't.

So, objectively she isn't merely "strict", she is actually also caring and reasonable - just with horrible communication skills :) ... she doesn't need to really change her attitude, just to loosen up a bit. The one who needs a massive attitude adjustment is Hayate.

As a huge Macross/Robotech fan, I can only say that in most aspects, Mirage is a spitting image of the early Lisa. And I'm really looking forward to the upcoming cats-and-dogs routine. Mirage needs a dose of Hayate, and Hayate needs a healthy dose of Mirage. They're gonna grow on each other.

nice observation there and thanks for reminding me of Lisa and Rick Hunter relationship on the first Macross series, ye i can agree to that Mirage resembles the personality of Lisa
Apr 18, 2016 4:11 AM

Nov 2014
Really can't find anything I like about this series still... Maybe it is the Reconguista of Macross.
Apr 18, 2016 4:26 AM
Jan 2015
Am I the only that thinks that Freyja is Ranka 2.0 and Mirage is Sheryl 2.0 based on their personality also if this anime ends with the Walkure having relationship or be paired with the Aerial Knights this will be the most cliche anime that ever aired.
SwordSaintApr 18, 2016 4:49 AM
Apr 18, 2016 6:52 AM

Apr 2011
Messer is such a cockblocker
Apr 18, 2016 7:02 AM

Dec 2011
Somehow i foresee that Freyja is taken back (either by force or not) to the Winderemare base..

Those villains from episode 1 are from the same tribe as her, aren't they? They have those tentacle-like thing on their hair.
Apr 18, 2016 7:40 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hidayat246 said:
Polanski666 said:

call me wrong but basara is the first king harem in macross universe but he never show interest in women
so no one lose in macross 7

Indeed. That picture is a tad misrepresentative of Macross 7. Basara cared very little if anything for love or women. He was all about the power of music and getting his song across. Even that picture, was a kiss that was stolen from him by Rex.

But yeah, the more 'mature' or 'military' girl (remember Macross II even if it wasn't a Kawamori production) has a bigger shot at landing her guy in Macross. So advantage Mirage early on.

Having said that I really like Freyja. She's pretty sprightly and has a strong drive and personality. It's going to be good.

I loved the kids having their little FIRE BOMBA reference in the sea.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 18, 2016 8:15 AM

Jul 2009
Polanski666 said:
valvravetruth said:

Boo, I'm still bitter that Alto didn't end up with Ranka. I'm definitely on team frejya. I mean only he can hear her voice over great distances! They're destined I say!
Apr 18, 2016 8:25 AM

Dec 2013
Appreciate Frejya's struggles to find her voice and the inspiration she found from Hayate's influence. Also appreciate that Meercat maneuver. I recall seeing a similar move with fighter jets in real life.

Not really appreciating puke boy's flamboyant attitude and how everyone and their uncle thinks it's okay for him to continue to do so. He may be talented, but talent without learned skill or discipline will just as easily get himself or others killed. Let's just hope that he doesn't have to actually get someone killed before he learns this lesson properly.

I think that's why I actually appreciate Mirage more, and hope that Hayate doesn't actually end up with her. She could do so much better than puke boy.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 18, 2016 9:09 AM

Mar 2013
Whoever designed a fly by wire system that lets the pilot flick off envelope protection is an idiot who should be dragged into the field behind his office with a bag over his head and shot.

There are ways of building overrides into such a system and this is not the way.
Apr 18, 2016 9:34 AM

Jun 2008
j0x said:
and look here the enemies have their own singing princess too or is that a singing prince instead?

My anime instincts points to the latter though.
----
After the 3rd episode I keep seeing that they're trying to "re-tell" Max's and Milla's story through Hayate and Mirage.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 18, 2016 10:05 AM

Jan 2009
kaimax said:
After the 3rd episode I keep seeing that they're trying to "re-tell" Max's and Milla's story through Hayate and Mirage.

I don't think so. Max is _completely_ different to Hayate, he was 100% determined to do his job as fighter pilot, a natural uber-talent, completely reliable and dedicated. Hayate is a capricious and selfish guy who couldn't give a flying fart about his job - he only wants to fly. The chemistry between Max and Miria worked completely different.

No, the story they're retelling is clearly Rick/Lisa. Just that this time, Lisa is actually a fighter pilot, too.
Apr 18, 2016 10:28 AM

Jul 2007
kaimax said:
j0x said:

My anime instincts points to the latter though.
----

I think we are supposed to see similarities in the whole "enemies becoming lovers" deal but not much.

Hayate is opposite of Max in many ways.

If anything, I'd say its same type of love story repeating with different characters.
Apr 18, 2016 11:25 AM

Nov 2012
heh i liked the scene at the end, we're already seeing a hint of mirage's dere side there. even though i still don't really like her. :p
Apr 18, 2016 12:23 PM

Jun 2013
Mirage being a bitch as always
Apr 18, 2016 1:29 PM

Jul 2014
I feel dumber for having watched this. Playing hand puppets and "feeling the wind" doesn't make you a good pilot. When Isamu did this in Plus he was an ace pilot, not some brain damaged child dreaming about one day being in the cockpit. Did we suddenly cross over into the Gundam universe and get magical Newtypes? It's already laughable thinking a human should even be in a cockpit, but that untrained he's better than the AI because he can "feel" it. Jesus christ this is stupid.

Mirage isn't "being a bitch", she's the only character acting sensibly. This is the military and people's lives are on the line. Skipping courses. Dismissed. Want to be a pilot "for fun". Dismissed. "Do it my way because I know more than every ace pilot that ever lived and better than everything the military has learned over centuries." Dismissed.
SokahApr 18, 2016 1:34 PM
Apr 18, 2016 2:26 PM

Mar 2013
Sokah said:
I feel dumber for having watched this. Playing hand puppets and "feeling the wind" doesn't make you a good pilot. When Isamu did this in Plus he was an ace pilot, not some brain damaged child dreaming about one day being in the cockpit. Did we suddenly cross over into the Gundam universe and get magical Newtypes? It's already laughable thinking a human should even be in a cockpit, but that untrained he's better than the AI because he can "feel" it. Jesus christ this is stupid.

Mirage isn't "being a bitch", she's the only character acting sensibly. This is the military and people's lives are on the line. Skipping courses. Dismissed. Want to be a pilot "for fun". Dismissed. "Do it my way because I know more than every ace pilot that ever lived and better than everything the military has learned over centuries." Dismissed.

...but it is not the military. They appear to be a PMC kind of like in Frontier.
Apr 18, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2007
Sokah said:
I feel dumber for having watched this. Playing hand puppets and "feeling the wind" doesn't make you a good pilot.

No, but piloting in the docks makes you a decent pilot, who is just unrefined.
Did we suddenly cross over into the Gundam universe and get magical Newtypes? It's already laughable thinking a human should even be in a cockpit, but that untrained he's better than the AI because he can "feel" it. Jesus christ this is stupid.

We already had NEwtypes and all the shit since the start and the concept of music and psychic waves music creates traveling through the fold. Which was made even more clear with Basara.

Not a military. PMC. And one not even focused on combat, but on protecting idols while they heal the virus.
Apr 18, 2016 2:53 PM

Jan 2009
i agree with the users above saying Max is different than Hayate, if i recall right Max is more rational and is genius academically aside from his genius piloting, while Hayate is only a genius pilot and kinda reckless
Apr 18, 2016 3:09 PM

Jan 2009
I don't think that PMC/Military matters, really. Fighter jets are not there for the enjoyment of juveniles who desire to soar the skies.

Let's not mince words: Up to his apology at the end of ep3, Hayate has been a selfish prick with horrible work ethics (think back to ep1 where he was fired for his job performance). And when he started ep3, he also showed zero concept of responsibility, either.

Mirage tried to do what she could. She went out of her way to chase him down and make him understand that this job would require him to fight on battlefields - just like he had already even experienced. No matter to Hayate. This was about his personal fun/enjoyment, nothing else. THIS is why Mirage wanted to flunk and expel him, she said it in ep3. If Hayate passes, he will die in the first serious battle they might enter. A very realistic assessment, if you ask me.

No. The captain wanted to try out Hayate for his aptitude in battloid mode that he had shown, but pre-apology Hayate would be a failure sooner or later. He needs a massive attitude adjustment, but it seems that he'll gradually smarten up.
Apr 18, 2016 3:19 PM

Sep 2009
Veronin said:
I reaaaaaally hope this is going to be at least 2-cours. It has the potential to at least be on par with Frontier if it keeps things up (and I liked Frontier a lot, even if it wasn't quite as special as the original series).

I also want to marry Freyja.

Would be damn shame to have only one cour Macross series.

Two cour series are a minority these days, but Macross is an established, popular franchise so it deserves two cour treatment.
Apr 18, 2016 3:20 PM

Mar 2013
Oh, and i should add, Inb4 "But the m in pmc stands for military!"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM

» Macross Delta underrated? ( 1 2 )

SaltyShoebill - Apr 26, 2016

66 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.