Forum Settings
Forums

How to deal with manga/anime addiction healthily?

New
Apr 15, 2016 3:34 PM
Apr 2016
I just finished a lovely manga, and I feel very empty inside. I read mangas in chains. after consuming one manga, I just have to search for the next one or I feel very grumpy the whole day.

Mangas are beautiful and funny, brightening up a sad or lonely day, when they are GOOD/ fit my taste. What doesn't feel good is when I've ran out of the ones I really like and I'm just mindlessly reading another manga to take my mind off another.

(for example...I went from fluffy shoujos [i love them] to ecchi highschool mangas with dense mcs [nothing wrong with them though, they just frustrate me])

When I wake up, I have to read at least 10 chapters or something before I feel cheerful. So yeah, if I've finished a good manga the night before and go to sleep happy, I wake up feeling lost haha.

How do you guys deal with the feeling? Is this normal?
Jul 20, 2016 12:52 AM
Jul 2016
I feel the same way. What I do is after I finish the manga series, when I do feel empty inside, I try to imagine the story in my head and making up my own version until I finish my own story about it.
Jul 20, 2016 2:27 AM

Feb 2015
Yeah I do get 'withdrawal symptoms' without turning to anime/manga/games too. Maybe that's why I consume all three forms of media - in case I run out of things to watch/read/play.

But again, I guess it's the same for people who enjoy other forms of hobbies. Music, cooking, planting, sports, etc.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1053 by Alexioos95 »»
5 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

22 by Jutrio »»
5 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

35 by Lucifrost »»
7 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

375 by YahwehTzVaoth »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.