Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Big Order
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2016 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
BIG DESTRUCTION

Weird start for the first episode but eh, I think it's okay so far. Character designs obviously has some resemblance to Mirai Nikki though. There's some cryptic signs of supernatural forces already and the Big Order concept. I'm not expecting too much from this show but it's fine so far.

Never trust cute girls like Rin
Apr 15, 2016 11:46 AM

Jun 2015
That insert song at the end was pretty weak, and that jazz while Eiji's sister got stabbed... was that like a joke or something? Those CG monster things are pretty hideous, too... Honestly, I could nitpick this whole episode for an hour or so.

But, it's Mirai Nikki so fucking 10/10 AOTY for me.
MozillaFennekinApr 15, 2016 1:46 PM
Apr 15, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
We have strong contender for the best Yangire in anime here.
Since Mirai Nikki is one of my most favorite anime, and it is it's twin, instant 10/10 and can't wait for more.

Apr 15, 2016 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
Since this goes right down my alley fridays are gonna be quite nice from now on :D
Apr 15, 2016 12:09 PM

Nov 2014
Every boy's dream. The hot classmate follows them home, then attacks them with a stun gun and katana. Fun.

Like Mirai Nikki, a group of people have special powers, but this time instead of seeing the future, they, called Orders, can have their wishes granted. It's a little goofy, but I'll play along.

I liked the twist at the end with Eiji revealing his power to control people. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

What was going on behind the credits??

4/5
Apr 15, 2016 12:11 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Kurosaki Ichigo, is that you? Sole reason to watch this show already... simply cuz of Ichigo voice..

Pink girl is "Rukia"

Main guy even has little sister.

seems gud
Apr 15, 2016 12:13 PM

Jan 2016
As a Sakae Esuno's work fan and being Mirai Nikki my all time favorite anime I've been waiting for this adaptation for a long time and it hasn't disappointed me.

I just love Yandere characters
Apr 15, 2016 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
This first episode was an alright start I guess.

As a manga reader, I thought it could be kind of better as an adaptation but eh, I only watched this for Eiji + Morita (Ichigo and Kotarou's Voice Actor) and Rin. And some others.

Not disappointed by this one.
Apr 15, 2016 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
First ep didn't disappoint! Yuno v2 is here! I love Mirai Nikki so I've been waiting!!! Hyped for next ep!
Apr 15, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
I thought this first episode was pretty good. The concept is interesting and I think I found my favorite female mc

Rin <3

Apr 15, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2014
I guess it's all right so far, I'm curious where the story is headed. I just can't help but assume that the mangaka was too lazy to make Eiji and Rin look unique, so he just recycled Yuki and Yuno's designs lol. And what the hell was going on at the end? Sounds like Eiji was doing some weird stuff to her.......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 15, 2016 12:30 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And the spiritual successor to Mirai Nikki but with superpowers is finally here

Gotta say that the first episode wasnt adapted badly at all....I only read the first 3 chapters but I like what I saw so I'm hyped for more

The age of the yanderes is back baby!!!
Apr 15, 2016 12:31 PM

Aug 2012
This was pretty better than I had excepted. Art and animation looks good and VA is fine too.
Apr 15, 2016 12:33 PM

Mar 2015
I smell incest.

Alright episode, the girl isn't good as yuno, stop, at least the MC is better.

I don't like the voice actor for the MC, sounds strange, not for the choice, but the performance.
Apr 15, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
So we have Lelouch jr. and the discounted knockoff brand Yuno Gasai lmao. But really, how did this kid go from not wanting to use his powers and wanting to live a normal life, straight to plans for world domination? To much was being done in one episode.

3/5
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Apr 15, 2016 12:42 PM

Nov 2012
Nice, that was not that bad..... I actually loved the art of this animation in comparison with the manga.
At first look it seems to have a little darker tone than the manga....
Apr 15, 2016 12:55 PM

May 2013
Great trainwreck, as expected from the mind behind Mirai Nikki. Would laugh again.

Apr 15, 2016 12:58 PM

Feb 2014
What. Just... what. This was all kinds of dumb.
Apr 15, 2016 1:00 PM

Jan 2015
Holy moly what an intense first episode.

LOL why there are many "hated it'" though? Manga readers?
Apr 15, 2016 1:05 PM

Jul 2009
This is like a mash-up between Mirai Nikki and Code Geass. AND the main characters from Mirai Nikki and this one are almost identical. And I suppose that the protagonist will have this girl follow him like in Mirai Nikki. I don't think I'm gonna keep watching this...
Apr 15, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
Can we talk about what happened in that last scene when blanked out by credits? I mean...I want to say he just tortured her by binding her body as tight as he could but let's be honest, the way she was speaking came off as he was doing something 18+ to her. Just sayin'
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 15, 2016 1:10 PM

Jan 2015
Zarconeus238 said:
Can we talk about what happened in that last scene when blanked out by credits? I mean...I want to say he just tortured her by binding her body as tight as he could but let's be honest, the way she was speaking came off as he was doing something 18+ to her. Just sayin'

From horror to Hentai.
Apr 15, 2016 1:11 PM

Mar 2014
So I haven't seen Mirai Nikki. But is it intentional how from what I've seen, it's identical?

Anyway, so we've got the annoying little sister who has a thing for her brother. It's a shame Rin didn't just kill her. She could potentially be a decent character but I don't think I'm gonna watch this.
Apr 15, 2016 1:12 PM

May 2014
All hail the Yandere goddess that is Yuno Gasai
And all hail Kurenai Rin the soon to be Mayadere goddess
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 15, 2016 1:13 PM

Apr 2009
I take back what I said about Diomedea Buswreck, this is the seasonal with the most unintentional comedy and trainwreck value BY FAR. Holy crap, this was amazing in all the wrong ways. I laughed during the entire last segment, I was almost in tears because of that: When Yukki vi Britannia activated ZA WARUDO to kill Yuno's soldiers with his Geass and save his imouto, I knew I was watching something very special.

ONIICHAN/10, would laugh again.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 15, 2016 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
The character designs are so similar to Mirai Nikki. The first episode was much better than I expected.
Apr 15, 2016 1:34 PM

Sep 2010
Ah this show finally appeared? I am not sure I want to watch it though. The story gets really really bad really really soon.

Yep after thinking this through I will really have to say no.
Apr 15, 2016 1:35 PM
Apr 2016
Why does every character feel the need to "explain" every single action they do?... its like the show is assuming that the audience is dumb and won't get shit.

Outside of that issue, this episode was ok.
Apr 15, 2016 1:37 PM

Oct 2014
Boring first episode, except for the end. But at least it completely fleshes out the overall setting.
But the part about Evil Ranger is nice. The boy watched too much Code Geass in the past.
Then main girl got bondage'd and then mind-controlled. Can't get any better. =D

Evan Call keeps me from asleep, fortunately for this anime.
Apr 15, 2016 1:38 PM

Apr 2015
You've gotta give it to the show, the character designs as well as art and animation involving their expressions are extremely good.
Apr 15, 2016 1:39 PM

Aug 2010
was an ok first episode. Definitely had some Mirai Nikki vibes. I think I will continue.

The sound at the credits sounded wrong though XD
Apr 15, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2015
Nidhoeggr said:
I take back what I said about Diomedea Buswreck, this is the seasonal with the most unintentional comedy and trainwreck value BY FAR. Holy crap, this was amazing in all the wrong ways. I laughed during the entire last segment, I was almost in tears because of that: When Yukki vi Britannia activated ZA WARUDO to kill Yuno's soldiers with his Geass and save his imouto, I knew I was watching something very special.

ONIICHAN/10, would laugh again.

This is around what I was thinking, but you wrote it much better than I had planned too -w-
The sounds during the credits though...
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 15, 2016 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
Watching for Masakazu Morita. Happy he got another lead role, but he might be the only good thing about this.
Apr 15, 2016 1:49 PM

Feb 2015
The character designs are far from original but I did enjoy this episode. As a big fan of Mirai Nikki I'm interested to see how this goes. Hoping a new yandaree godess will emerge.
Apr 15, 2016 1:53 PM

Aug 2015
Alright episode, art was nice and it does give off some Mirai Nikki vibes (which is nice I guess). The MC's power is ok. I'm kinda interested in the demon(?) looking thing behind them when they use their power, looking to forward to future episodes

Had to turn down my sound during the last few seconds of the show, for obvious reasons :d
Apr 15, 2016 1:54 PM

Feb 2015
Illuminati confirmed (?) LOL

Order!!!
Order!!!
Order!!!
SO FREAKING HILLARIOUS AT HOW HE SAID IT IMO XD XD
i was waiting for him to say it. even i was like a crazy person saying Order!! almost 5 times or more while watching this anime XD
Why the author choose Order of all words tho XD XD

*after the soldiers shoot him*

"In the end, i never did learn what his power was, but well it doesn't matter"

*Healing MC's Sister*

"Now, to avenge my mother and father...
HUH?!why am i healing that girl ?!"

My reaction : *face palm* "u kidding me right ?" while LMAO.

seriously, i think this episode was freaking hillarious XD even tho it is not a comedy show. and this episode felt a little bit weird to me. but overall i kinda like it XD probably because it's funny to me LOL XD

That ending tho....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
GG!

looking foward for the next episode i guess (?) well, let's just see but IMO this anime isn't gonna be a good one.

Edit: btw, IMO, i don't like MC's VA. not really good at action imo.
Apr 15, 2016 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
AlexTheRiot said:
Watching for Masakazu Morita. Happy he got another lead role, but he might be the only good thing about this.

Masakazu Morita greatness xD
You know we can't wait for him next season.
Apr 15, 2016 1:57 PM

Aug 2012
TheLittleRedHero said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Watching this to get an idea of how much better he's gotten ahead of Rewrite, he's going to knock it right out of the park.
Apr 15, 2016 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
AlexTheRiot said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Watching this to get an idea of how much better he's gotten ahead of Rewrite, he's going to knock it right out of the park.

If I can judge based on the tone I guess he has gotten better. Then again if I remember Rewrite was made in 2011 or released in 2011 (I've played it this year LOL but still) in here it seems like he still has the all in all seriousness... and some screaming :3
Apr 15, 2016 2:01 PM

Jan 2008
Ichigo Eiji has to save his sister!

Watched this and thought it was pretty good. A bit "meh" at times, but still enjoyable nonetheless. Wanted more so I watched the OVA released years ago, and the difference was night and day. It's amazing how terrible that was compared to this first episode. I had no idea WTF was going on in the OVA with it jumping around everywhere, but this first episode of the TV series was consistent in the story progression so it was much easier and more entertaining to follow. I guess that makes sense though since they have more time to spread things out in a full series rather than try to cram everything into half a hour OVA.
Apr 15, 2016 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
4kicks said:
Ichigo Eiji has to save his sister!

Watched this and thought it was pretty good. A bit "meh" at times, but still enjoyable nonetheless. Wanted more so I watched the OVA released years ago, and the difference was night and day. It's amazing how terrible that was compared to this first episode. I had no idea WTF was going on in the OVA with it jumping around everywhere, but this first episode of the TV series was consistent in the story progression so it was much easier and more entertaining to follow. I guess that makes sense though since they have more time to spread things out in a full series rather than try to cram everything into half a hour OVA.

Apparently they used the OVA as an advertisement to the manga series.
Then again, I went to read the manga after the OVA because that was confusing as fuck.

In the end the manga is decent.
Apr 15, 2016 2:04 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good start, didn't expect the last segment to be that way =/
Stopped reading manga for the upcoming adaptation (i think it was announced very fast). If it would be 1 cour don't think that it would be completely finished and i think manga is still continuing, so that's my concern.
Apr 15, 2016 2:08 PM

Feb 2016
Zarconeus238 said:
I want to say he just tortured her by binding her body as tight as he could but let's be honest, the way she was speaking came off as he was doing something 18+ to her.

You read my mind, I was half expecting the scene to fade back in from black to avoid it coming across this way but instead we're left to wonder...
Apr 15, 2016 2:08 PM

Aug 2012
TheLittleRedHero said:
AlexTheRiot said:

If I can judge based on the tone I guess he has gotten better. Then again if I remember Rewrite was made in 2011 or released in 2011 (I've played it this year LOL but still) in here it seems like he still has the all in all seriousness... and some screaming :3
Oh the screaming is well established already from Ichigo and Shin(Kingdom), and the low tone opening he gave here sounded just as good as Rewrite's intro monologue. I'm more concerned about the intermediate stuff, but it seems good to me.
Apr 15, 2016 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
AlexTheRiot said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Oh the screaming is well established already from Ichigo and Shin(Kingdom), and the low tone opening he gave here sounded just as good as Rewrite's intro monologue. I'm more concerned about the intermediate stuff, but it seems good to me.

I still think he's still doing a good job with Eiji at the moment. But Big Order seems like a good place to see how he would go for Rewrite at least (even though I have read its manga a few months ago, but I already knew he was going to voice Eiji)
Apr 15, 2016 2:14 PM

Sep 2013
THAT MUSIC! didn't expect that :O
The quality was good as well, they're really going with a psychedelic feel with the start and the flashbacks :)

Morita is perfect as Eiji :'(
Really nice ep, they rearranged alot of scenes but I hope they continue the fight next week and not skip it entirely.

AYYE, that hentai ending XD

Apr 15, 2016 2:20 PM

May 2014
Pretty entertaining for me... though there are still questions left unanswered. Hope this won't go downhill every episode
Apr 15, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, as someone who absolutely loved Mirai Nikki, I'm already really enjoying this, even if it is ridiculous in all kinds of ways. Still, at least the MC seems pretty badass with his OP power, though how the ability to control everything can lead to the destruction of the world is something I'm not exactly sure I understand.

Definitely interested to see where this goes and how much it can differentiate itself from Mirai Nikki in future episodes.
Apr 15, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2014
For a moment I thought Rin was going to end up being Sena's evil Order-form... or something.

I don't know, I didn't like it a lot, but one episode is too soon to judge. Hopefully the next episodes will convince me.
All the 'ORDER' screaming made me feel like I was watching Ace Attorney instead.
DystaniaApr 15, 2016 2:26 PM
Apr 15, 2016 2:24 PM
Aug 2015
vaikepois said:
Kurosaki Ichigo, is that you? Sole reason to watch this show already... simply cuz of Ichigo voice..

Pink girl is "Rukia"

The colonel and the people around him reminded me of how Aizen-sama was sitting together with the Espada.
It will be interesting if he (or someone else) is the real evil mastermind.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

213 by Thunderball2004 »»
Nov 23, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2016

120 by Psi18c »»
Nov 14, 2022 8:35 AM

» anyone know when the uncensored episodes are going to be released?

theweaboopenguin - Jul 17, 2016

5 by Psi18c »»
Nov 13, 2022 11:33 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

97 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 2022 12:55 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

81 by Vindicater »»
May 12, 2022 3:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.